Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Satisfaction Guaranteed | Sage WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» reminiscent: personified spirit panfandom
by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:40 am

» Lusamine
by Lusamine Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:09 pm

» A Dangerous Game {Closed/Tag: Kiigan}
by Kiigan Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:42 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 am

» A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]
by Katsumi Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
Lusamine
Satisfaction Guaranteed | Sage I_vote_lcapSatisfaction Guaranteed | Sage I_voting_barSatisfaction Guaranteed | Sage I_vote_rcap 
Kiigan
Satisfaction Guaranteed | Sage I_vote_lcapSatisfaction Guaranteed | Sage I_voting_barSatisfaction Guaranteed | Sage I_vote_rcap 

Donations

Satisfaction Guaranteed | Sage

Go down

Satisfaction Guaranteed | Sage Empty Satisfaction Guaranteed | Sage

Post by Louie Calvin Klein Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:29 am

AHOTE LASPOR

Ahote never really feared death.

Well, maybe he did as a child. However, in his world, rife with violence and bloodshed, dying wasn't a matter of if, but when. The men, women, and children he had sent to their deaths in a fiery hatred for the government seemed... countless. The number of times he had kids suffer by his hands to serve his own needs in the Black Market... well, he couldn't even remember it. Even his mother, who he had always deemed as invincible, had met her doom. Everyone's days were numbered—including his own.

Despite this one truth, Ahote had somehow stumbled upon his own fair share of romance, camaraderie, and friendship. He had met people who, for the first time in his life, he believed wouldn't ever betray him like the others. He thought he found someone who could embrace the dark reality of living with him and maybe make his days feel less bitter. Ahote was a bastard, rotten to his core, and there were thousands who could unanimously conclude that he was undeserving of happiness. But even then, it was starting to look like he was finding it regardless. Until...

Despite having been in this world for less than a week, Ahote had garnered a satisfying amount of information in just the past few days. Between Ilias, rumors, and an old-fashioned book, Ahote realized the gravity of his situation in just a short amount of time. He was magically bound to this... place, or maybe the person who summoned him here. From his findings, there wasn't a way back to Earthland—an unfavorable situation.

Perhaps it was desperation, or maybe morbid curiosity, but Ahote entertained the possibility of suicide. Perhaps, by dying in this world, his soul would return to Earthland? It sounded silly, but not so farfetched that it wasn't worth giving a shot. After all, everything he was fighting for, everything he was still remained in Earthland. There was nothing for him here. In fact, the mere thought of having to suffer through this strange and foreign world without a chance to return home felt worse than any sort of karma he had coming to him back on Earthland. He'd rather end it all than start anew.

Of course, his suicide attempt had a purpose, and it wasn't all for nothing. 'For science!' as some would say, and his helpful little lab assistant was none other than an infamous merchant named Sage, a man who sold potions and the like. Ahote didn't need all the details—he found him with only a little bit of searching, and all he needed to know was that he had a spread of poisons to sell.

Clunk! An unusually large pouch of vigs was tossed at the merchant, greeting the dark-haired stranger even before Ahote did. Even so, he was close behind, hands pocketed in a black cloak as he approached this infamous "Sage" character. Ahote's eyes were narrow and cold, dark as an abyss and hollow like one too.

"..." Ahote didn't say anything at first, and just continued to stare down at Sage as if he were sizing him up. This assessment lasted for a few moments before Ahote finally decided to say something under his breath. "...A bit smaller than I imagined..."

Suddenly realizing that he said that aloud, Ahote paused again before commenting what was really on his mind.

"You sell poisons, don't you? Give me your best one."

WC: 576 | Total WC: 576 | WC Needed: ??? @Sage ""  —
Template by ivyleaf33
Louie Calvin Klein
Louie Calvin Klein

VylderGold : 483

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Satisfaction Guaranteed | Sage Empty Re: Satisfaction Guaranteed | Sage

Post by Sage Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:04 am

Though they'd likely immediately despise each other, the similarities between their initial greeting couldn't be denied. After Sage startled so hard over the heavy pouch of vigs landing on his rickety table that he nearly lost his big, fancy hat, he met his apparent patron's expression with one equally silent and judgemental. Utterly plain. Boring. Old. After a quick, narrow-eyed up and down with who-dares-throw-things-at-the-great-Sage-Gwydion-and-be-this-offensively-uninspired disgust, his greedy nature won over his pride... just barely. There were more coins in that pouch than what the whole table of potions was worth, so he'd play "nice" for now.

"I'm sure you hear that a lot, too," Sage quipped, referring to exactly you think he was. He was amused with his little dick joke, but went on before the man's pride, assuming he had any worth noting, could flare to his defense.

"I'm a Gwydion," the young man smirked, the name haughty but unknowingly lost on Ahote. "They're all the best. Be more specific if that's not too complicated," Sage told him with a sigh, sweeping his more good-natured-- if you could call them that-- potions into his satchel and placing out one of each type of poison he had, a delightful rainbow of death and dehabilitation. This was a bit of an unusual request in Sinhaven, where people were more consumed with vices and sins than murder and maiming, but money was money, and he wanted that whole pouch since this painfully average dude was horrible with it.

"What do you need it for?"

[wc: 253 || total: 829]
Sage
Sage

VylderGold : 563

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Louie Calvin Klein Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:19 am

AHOTE LASPOR

Well, Ahote wasn't at all surprised by the merchant's response. The people of Sinhaven, as he came to find, weren't very friendly to people like him... or each other. Honestly, it reminded him a lot of home and comforted him in a weird way. Even Sage's witty response seemed familiar to him, and eventually, he just decided not to humor his snippiness.

"...?" For a moment, Ahote just gave Sage this blank, prying stare. He was a little dumbfounded at the question, but on second thought, maybe it wasn't such a silly question. After all, not all poisons were lethal. Some were better at making you feel worse than actually finishing you off. In any case, Ahote didn't take long to respond. "I need something liquid and fast-acting. Preferably painless."

The business exchange felt so natural that it was hard to believe that they were discussing poison. It was like placing an order for takeout, really. More than that, the boy looked a little young for peddling these sorts of items. Maybe it was just another common facet in Sinhaven culture for kids to be in this sort of market...

WC: 190 | Total WC: 1,019 | WC Needed: ??? @Sage ""  —
Template by ivyleaf33
Louie Calvin Klein
Louie Calvin Klein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sage Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:30 am

"So death. Painless seems a bit lacking in flair but alright," the little potion peddler shrugged, sweeping all the more torturous but survivable ones as well as the agonizingly lethal ones off of his table. Now there remained one. Simple. Dark red, like blood but too watery. Literally liquid death, and despite its color it would turn clear if spiked into a drink or food. Tasteless. Boring, but...was that such a surprise given this whole vibe the black-coated man had going for him?

Sage eagerly snatched the heavy pouch off the table and added it to his bag before the man came to his senses. It was only as he took a single finger and scooted the small vial closer to his customer that the pieces started to click. Giving up what was too much and possibly all of his money to buy one small painless death potion... Suicide? Seemed likely, but where maybe others would ask questions or try to talk him out of it, Sage merely exhaled out his nose and gave the man a bright, wicked smile. "Have a nice last day!" he chirped, more pleased about all the vigs he'd made than Ahote's fate. He couldn't give two craps about this guy. The world was probably better off without this pointless dude, or perhaps the dude was better off dead than living on this dungheap of a planet, either way...

The guy didn't turn and leave, and that was now concerning. Sage squinted at him, even making a little shooing motion with his hands.

[wc: 258 || total: 1277]
Sage
Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Louie Calvin Klein Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:00 am

AHOTE LASPOR

Ahote just stared blankly at the spread of poisons thinning out as Sage cleared them from his spread, leaving one unremarkable vial left. He wasn't sure whether to be impressed or weary that the majority of his collection was poisons made just for suffering rather than the quick and easy death he desired, though none of it really mattered now that the poison he wanted was ready.

Again, Ahote decided not to humor Sage and his witty quips, even in his 'final moments'. He took the vial and held it to his face with interest. A waft told him it was odorless, though maybe the stench of the city dulled his senses, and it looked bitter and unappetizing, like cough syrup. Well, it looked lethal enough.

With a disturbing lack of hesitation, Ahote popped the cork off the vial and began to chug down the small amount of liquid, not letting a single drop escape him. He thought he might've had one of those moments where a person's life would flash before their eyes when met with their doom, but it never came. But he didn't really feel at peace, either. He didn't feel... anything?

"..."

A few seconds passed. Nothing happened. He didn't drop dead or feel like he would die at any moment. In fact, he felt fine.

"...Hmm..." Ahote continued to hold the vial in his hands, a heavy, troubled sigh escaping his lips. For a moment, he entertained the thought that it wasn't as he feared, and instead looked back to Sage with a cold look of disappointment, a single brow twitching in mild irritation. "I just said that it needed to be fast-acting... so, explain this."

WC: 281 | Total WC: 1,558 | WC Needed: ??? @Sage ""  —
Template by ivyleaf33
Louie Calvin Klein
Louie Calvin Klein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sage Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:32 am

Alright, so he was really gonna stand there and look at it as if his beady, uneducated eyes could judge its effectiveness with a glance? Why were people like this? He got what he wanted. Why wouldn't he leave?

"Really? Right...here?" the witch asked, genuinely baffled. Sage leaned back from the table, disgusted as if the suicidal man had picked his nose at the dinner table, yet he was somewhat intrigued. He'd never seen anyone die of one of his poisons in real time, and while he couldn't say he felt the best inside thinking about it (it made him a little queasy but he'd definitely rather perish than admit it), there was something to be said for morbid curiosity. "I won't be burying you, you know," the boy warned, the very image of condescention. "I'll leave you in the alley with your brethren, the trash bins..."

But then the truly unthinkable happened.. or didn't happen, rather. As the seconds ticked on, the two once more shared similar glances. "Heknys's balding eyebrows, you aren't even good at dying..." the rat boy gasped in horror, as if some sort of crime against nature stood before him and nearly had him clutching his pearls. As far as he was concerned, that's exactly what this guy was. There was no other explanation, you know, other than being immortal, enchanted, blessed, cursed, or otherwise resistent to death, which was much more common than Sage thought it should be.

Point was, it was his customer's fault for it not working quickly, or at all, because his potions never failed. However, he didn't guarantee satisfaction, only that the exact result asked for would happen, if biologically possible, even if there were some unmentioned side-effects in the process. He also apparently didn't do refunds either, since he was sneaking out a creased piece of paper with 'No Refunds' scrawled on it and was slowly sliding it into view on the table with a single finger. "There's nothing to explain. That potion will kill anyone who can be killed. It's not my fault you failed your suicide due to ignorance of your own undying condition," scoffed Sage, adjusting his hat and packing up his table.

"Now... shoo! My shop is closed."

[wc: 373 || total: 1931]
Sage
Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Louie Calvin Klein Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:49 am

AHOTE LASPOR

It seemed as though both he and this witty peddler had reached the same conclusion—some sort of pervasive spell or curse had been placed upon him since his summoning, binding him to this world and thus, granting him this undying status. Sure, Ahote was a necromancer back on Earthland, but it seemed as though he lost touch with his necrotic abilities when he came to this place. His necromancy was also the one thing that made him undying in his homeworld but seeing as it was absent here, it couldn't be that. Of course, there was the possibility that this peddler was either a scammer or just terrible at making poisons. Slim as it might be, the boy was frankly beginning to get on his nerves, and Ahote was losing his patience with his poor attitude and unwanted wit.

Pausing, Ahote pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

"It was my own mistake to expect anything of value from a child in the first place..." Ahote griped. He wasn't actually sure if this boy was a child or not, but either way, he didn't particularly like him or his attitude about the situation. It wasn't unbearable, but Ahote did feel as though he just got ripped off or something.

But even so, the peddler was already beginning to close up shop and pack his stuff up. Ahote's stare remained cold and hard, unreadable even. His gaze then narrowed as he slid his hands into one of his inner pockets, gently revealing a rusty switchblade with a calm resolve on his face. There was old, dried blood smeared against the metal as he tapped the tip against the table.

"Interesting refund policy you've got here. Are all Gwydions this incompetent?" Ahote tilted his head just slightly, though his expression was unchanging. "I understand, though. It's rough out here. I can't get angry at a child for barely getting by."

Of course, Ahote hadn't the faintest idea of who these Gwydions were or what that name meant in this world, but logic told him that it was a title of prestige or at least something to be proud of according to this peddler. The whole situation was irritating, and so was this boy. He needed to vent a little.

WC: 378 | Total WC: 2,309 | WC Needed: ??? @Sage ""  —
Template by ivyleaf33
Louie Calvin Klein
Louie Calvin Klein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sage Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:43 am

His eyes slipped down to the crusty blade not with fear, but with boredom and the intense urge to clean it with a wet wipe. "Are you always this unsanitary?" Sage asked, looking from the blade up into Ahote's face, unimpressed. Insult or no, his policy held, especially with the kind of money this guy had forked out.

Though he very much wanted to leave the assumption of his age alone, like all eighteen-year-olds, Sage found himself a bit ruffled. His brow twitched and an ugly sneer tugged at his lips. "I'd say blaming your own misfortunes on someone else makes you the child here. I'm a full-grown witch who just worked a long day. You might want to look down."

Beneath his customer's feet, as well as the feet of every customer he ever had, was a magic circle. Insurance. Though pale and partially hidden by street grime, the drawing flared to life with a purple glow as soon as he'd mentioned it. He always placed one just in cases like this, where people thought they could threaten him to either rob him or get a refund or otherwise pissed him off. "So how do you feel about rats coming out of both ends? I've heard it's rather unpleasant," Sage asked, resuming the packing of his things like nothing was happening. He slipped his table right from under that nasty blade. The witch may be short, but he had a chaotic talent for making people miserable. "If you move, you'll need more money from somewhere to get me to lift that spell. How's that for Gwydion incompetence?" the big-hatted boy grinned wickedly.

[wc: 273 || total: 2582]
Sage
Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down