Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
The Great Dragon of the What? WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» Quest Turn In
by Shane Today at 2:23 pm

» Kids In America - AU Digimon RP
by Guest Today at 1:19 pm

» Quest Sign Up
by Iris Today at 7:31 am

» Jamie Sunderland
by Iris Today at 7:30 am

» Character App. Submissions Thread
by Iris Today at 7:26 am

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
Iris
The Great Dragon of the What? I_vote_lcapThe Great Dragon of the What? I_voting_barThe Great Dragon of the What? I_vote_rcap 
Nessa Cordelia Lux
The Great Dragon of the What? I_vote_lcapThe Great Dragon of the What? I_voting_barThe Great Dragon of the What? I_vote_rcap 
Leon Hoffman
Percy
Shane
wes
Sivaas
Saeven
Cassidi
Cole

Donations

The Great Dragon of the What?

Go down

The Great Dragon of the What? Empty The Great Dragon of the What?

Post by Sivaas Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:31 pm

The sun sits at a low point in the sky, the wind blows over the snow calmly blowing particles of snow into the wind. The Trees in the distance move slowly creaking on the wind. It is a calm day upon the edge of the tundra and it shows, as the wind could be heard moving and the bird in the distance were singing. Many people normally walked here yet this place was completely calm and free of any hunters. The forest seemed to host an interesting spot of animals, from deers to foxes to even some wolves. All was working fine and the ones who did travel this far were surely hindered by the cold of this place, being so close to the tundra. Snow covered every bit around here, no spot was left for greenery. In the distance people spoke of dangerous creatures passed the mountain range yet here behind the ridge of this desert of a frozen tundra sits live of lesser creatures.

Among the white snow sits a cabin made of wood, small holes in the roof, and a broken window. With tracks around the house, but not of animals, there were no tracks of animals anywhere near the cabin almost as it was avoided. Yet these tracks were humanoid, barefooted among the snow. These tracks seemed to go from and to the cabin being the only one around. Yet the cabin speaks as there has been nobody here for ages in the current state it is standing there. The door was open and anyone could just wander inside without being stoped. Inside it is filled with the clutter of all kinds of wood and small nicknacks as well as the wall being covered in black like charcoal. The Charcoal looked like a painting drawn by hand, it formed a dragon Long and strong, with two sharp horns, fins around his head, and a mouth full of razors. A tail with a fin going all over the back into two giant wings. Claws as big as its head, standing proud over a rock. It was a magnificent drawing on the right wall one clearly of talent made this once.

Here she lived, the dragon of the North, the Frozen Terror that flew the skies many years ago. where others have failed she still lives, But not as she wanted. A girl about the height of a late teen, wearing a black and green sorcerers jacket as well as a white dress. a Purple bracelet and light red eyes staring into the void. Horns coming from her head sharp and green, a Tail scales of white with a green fin over the middle of her tail. On her arms scales as green as her horns and fin, with red and yellow markings. Her name was known to all when she roamed the world freely Nahkrah Sivaas, Fury Cold Beast. Yet now the once great monster was no longer, and the Fury cold beast had died, becoming just a different beast to roam the world. With no official den and no hoard to protect one would wonder what a dragon would be doing, her answer was, to discover what this body can do. Among the snow she laid there in the forest, her skin touching the snow as well as her arms and feet. She was completely underdressed for this weather yet she did not seem to be bothered. Staring at the sky wondering what could be and planning her next steps. Everything is different everything has changed, even she. Sitting upright from the snow she looked around grumbling to herself being angry at that her presents alone scared away her next meal, and with this body, she could not even catch a single meal at all. Being done with it to even try and catch something she stood up slowly dragging her feet in the snow. back to the cabin where she found herself, where this all has started for her, stumbling and struggling to hold her own balances she kept walking.

Word Count: 675
Sivaas
Sivaas

VylderGold : 55

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Great Dragon of the What? Empty Re: The Great Dragon of the What?

Post by Shane Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:07 pm

Despite wanting to keep a low profile, Shane’s reputation as a monster hunter had been inflated slightly after his successful attempts at driving away Chompers from Mackemm, and a steal-and-run mission where he had to steal an egg from a Forest Wyvern and deliver it back safely to the client. It was a far cry from what he had envisioned himself doing after escaping his father’s clutches and the Obsidian Order, but work was still work. As an adventurer tied to the Adventurer’s Guild, Shane was still required to take up jobs. The rewards from the jobs were also what was keeping him afloat financially.

However, his current goal was to join the Golden Titans, and from what he could tell, completing as many tasks as possible to build up his rep was the best way to go.

Despite being clad in a thick jacket that he had grabbed at Mackemm before making the journey to the northmost area of Mirinah, Shane’s weakness towards cold weather was fully displayed as he created four balls of fire that floated around him, providing additional warmth against the frigid wind that was constantly assailing him from multiple directions. The Draconyte wore a gloomy look on his face as he trudged through the snow.

Shane would glance everywhere around him every few minutes. He had heard of the many species of monsters that had made Ventamir their home, and how much more hardy and dangerous those creatures were than the ones that typically resided in the more hospitable terrains. Barring the legendary Froskariun Hound, Shane was constantly on the lookout for the Mystical Wyvern, especially after his encounter with the Forest Wyvern.

Shane’s task this time around was to hunt for a Spokoram for its horns but for some reason, after having spent almost an entire day in this frozen landscape, he hadn’t even encountered any. With the sky beginning to darken and the wind beginning to pick up speed, Shane decided to abandon the task today, and resume his search tomorrow. Since there was still light, the Draconyte turned around back to where he had came from.

He was lost in a moment of thought before a flash of determination changed his gloomy expression. Flames formed around his ankles, creating a ring around each foot and the Draconyte rose into the air. With his wings stripped, Shane had had to learn a new way of attaining flight. Compared to using his wings, Shane was still a novice at this method of flying where the weight distribution to fly was different. And yet, this was also the fastest way he had of leaving this place before the sun went down the horizon.

Taking a gamble and flying against the wind that seemed to be hell-bent on pushing him back into the depths of the tundra, Shane wobbled as he flew forward. As though taking offense at his resistance against the wind, the winds suddenly increased in volume, howling and whistling as it swept across the snow and amongst the jutting columns of sharp ice. For a moment, Shane fought hard to stabilize against the stormy winds but there was no escaping it.

While he could still maintain flight, Shane was no longer the one controlling his flight trajectory. The Draconyte shouted as he was swept up in the wind.

And when it was finally over, after having been tossed and turned upside down left and right, Shane was dropped unceremoniously to the ground, his fall broken by the snow.

Cursing as he picked himself up from the snow, stopping for a moment to overcome a sudden rush of nausea and succeeding, Shane brushed the snow away from his clothes before taking check of where he was.

A wooden cabin stood solitarily in the snow not too far away from him, and when he squinted, Shane could catch the silhouette of a person walking towards the cabin. The gait of the person was odd.

Seeing as the sky had darkened and he had no idea of where he was, Shane walked at a quick pace towards the cabin and its assumed owner. His pace allowed him to catch up to the owner before the owner had even reached the cabin despite the latter’s shorter distance but when Shane could finally see the person, he was mildly surprised.

It was another Draconyte, and from the looks of the fellow Draconyte walking forward in a wobbly manner, Shane frowned slightly as he lunged forward to hold the female Draconyte steady.

“Careful! Are you okay?” Shane asked as he moved forward to catch the girl by her left elbow, supporting her.

[773 words]
[Total WC: 1448]
Shane
Shane

VylderGold : 6719

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sivaas Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:55 pm

As the sky began to darken and the clouds moved in Sivaas knew she probably had to rest a bit more to gain back her power. With her hunt ended in complete failure and everything that used to live in the range of the cabin disappeared. The Cabin was in view and soon Sivaas would just lay down and sleep for however long it took for her to wake up from this nightmare. However, not all would end as she was stumbling a bit as she walked back out of nowhere a Thing grabbed her elbow. Straight away her instincts kicked in and she lashed out pulling herself free from whatever was holding her. Landing about 10 feet away from the man Sivaas stood in a combat possession, both her hands in the snow, one knee down and her other leg behind her, as her white silvery tail moved behind her swaying slowly.

Sivaas hissed and saw now from the first time someone else than a deer or rabbit, and she was in a small state of panic as she saw the height of this man. He was much taller than her, yet he looked human, but humans didn't have horns as this man had. "HOW DARE U LAY HANDS ON NAHKRAH SIVAAS!" She hissed and growled low, while her voice sounded low with a taste of silvery lines as she spoke.

It was clear to the naked eye that Sivaas was both scared and also prepared to attack at any change, her red eyes spoke of fire and death yet her body spoke of fleeing and retreat. This was new to her, but she did not need to lose her hope, Now was the time to get answers. "Where is the mage! Where is he!"  She yelled her voice angry and low yet still silvery "Answer Carefully tiny mortal, I may spare your life if you tell me where he is!" She said her voice full of determination, and her eyes spoke louder than her own voice. As behind her eyes, a dark and dangerous present could be seen, and even the bird that was still singing stopped the moment Sivaas spoke.

Word Count: 363
Total Word Count: 1811

Last edited by Sivaas on Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sivaas
Sivaas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:43 pm

Shane never got an answer out of the Draconyte he had just tried to support, because the moment his fingers had brushed on the elbow he meant to kindly support, the latter had been triggered. In stark contrast to her sluggish and unstable behavior earlier, the female Draconyte acted like a whole other being as she snatched her arm free before Shane’s fingers could even close down and sped away as swift as the wind.

The female Draconyte, as Shane finally noticed, had moved away extremely quick and far away from him, keeping a distance of ten feet between the two of them. Shane’s brows furrowed slightly as he eyed the female Draconyte. The pose she had assumed was eerily like that of a wild beast. A cornered wild beast to be exact. It also gave Shane the chance to get a good look at the female’s appearance. Like any other Draconyte, she had the horns and tail. Her tail looked slightly similar to his, minus the color scheme but where she had fins, his had fur. One thing that caught his attention was the lack of wings on the back.

He had never encountered another Draconyte that lacked wings, even in Miriad which had a number of Draconyte clans living within the city. He was an exception, having his forcefully and brutally sawed off.

The female Draconyte chided him while introducing herself, before growling at him. Shane was considering how to reply in a way to diffuse the situation when the female Draconyte spoke further. She mentioned of a male mage and his whereabouts as well calling him a tiny mortal. That last part almost got him choking, as he tried to stifle his laugh but, in the end,, Shane still laughed out loud in amusement.

The angry voice and the threat behind it, with eyes staring daggers at him might have been scary for anyone else, but Shane had seen worse. He could see through the girl’s demeanor. He knew her aggressive front was nothing but an act. If not, she would have attacked him instantly instead of pulling back and using words.

Shaking his head with a genial smile on his face while holding his hands to chest level, palms out towards the girl, Shane replied in a flippant manner.

“I’m a Draconyte just like you. And I think the tiny one here is you,” was his reply while his red tail extended from his back, the transformation magic undone to reveal his full Draconyte features. However, unlike the girl, his Draconyte features was limited to his horns and tail only. He bore no scales or claws on him, which might have been the reason for the girl thinking he was a human. Although normally, Shane would be misidentified as a demon more than a human.

“My name is Shane Stern. Call me Shane. Can I call you Sivas? It’s just easier on the tongue.”

“Also, I’ve got no idea who is the mage you are asking about,” Shane continued as he shrugged at the end of the sentence. “I was actually just trying to help. I thought you were going to faint or something. If I’m not welcome here, then I will leave.”

[537 words]
[Total WC: 2348]
Shane
Shane

VylderGold : 6719

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sivaas Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:38 pm

Standing there, her eyes trained on him, full focus not leaving her sight at all. With her powers gone she was primarily weak, and her hunters' instinct was not gonna help her here. What pissed her off, even more, was that at this moment she was completely weak and could not even take down a deer lets stand this guy here. This was useless as even this guy could see that Sivaas was outmatched by a mile, Yet she needed answers and she wanted them now. Tho what caught her off guard was the thing she got called, as it sounded like a race, but Sivaas only knew about Humans, Eldritch, and Gaiyans.

Still standing at the ready Sivaas knew one way or another this was gonna hurt her pride, and as much as she hated it, to work with a mere mortal she had to at this point. Her Stands fell, and her other knee hit the snow and her head hand low, and a sigh came out from her, she was clearly annoyed by the fact that this guy laughed at her. "You speak as if you know me, I'm nothing like you, never was and never will be,"  She said annoyed and lower yet a softer voice with a silver lining. "Your a Half-Blood or something,"  She nodded as his tail appeared behind him. He was clearly a magic user and she hated magic for one good reason.

While her skin was still touching the snow she did not seem to be cold at all, as a matter of fact, she seemed to be at complete calm in the snow. Standing up she stood there prideful and strong, her scales on her arm covered in a bit of snow. "I do not care for the names of Mortals, especially don't need your help, I'm not weak or in pain."  She said with a growl clearly her anger was still there and it was burning. With a sniff, she turned around and walked into the open door of the cabin, "You are free to enter my lair, but don't touch my hoard," she said even tho she did not really have a hoard to claim her own.

Inside snow was coming in the roof and on the wall that was still completely repaired was the drawing of charcoal of the dragon. One with a quick look would think of it as a mere great dragon, yet one who would look long could see similarities between it and The girl before them. With both her tail and horns coming to a one-to-one similarity, yet she was missing well almost everything.

Still being on guard Sivaas stumbled inside, It was clear that she had a lack of balance as she swung a bit left and right as she walked, and sat down on some pillows stacked on top of each other on a small hill "Prove you worth my time Mortal by answering my questions," she said sounding more annoyed than anything. "What is a Draconyte, U called yourself one, yet I do not know what this is. You look like a Half-Blood to me," Saying this she stared him down intensely almost about to stare right into him. "Then another question as well, Where are we? and the last one for now, Do you not Fear the Fury Cold Beast, The Terror of the north, the great Dragon of Snow," She said looking at him as she was in a death of life situation.

Word Count: 567
Total Word Count: 2915
Sivaas
Sivaas

View user profile

Back to top Go down