Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Just another day WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» Thragg
by Thragg Today at 6:15 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Today at 5:38 am

» Buff Or Bluff *Angry Face* [Wes | Emi | Kiigan]
by Kiigan Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:39 am

» Gala du Villanell [Beaux]
by Cassian Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:17 am

» DEORUM
by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:41 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
Kiigan
Just another day I_vote_lcapJust another day I_voting_barJust another day I_vote_rcap 
wes
Just another day I_vote_lcapJust another day I_voting_barJust another day I_vote_rcap 
Cassian
Thragg

Donations

Just another day

Go down

Just another day Empty Just another day

Post by Isla Paledragon Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:37 pm

Just another day Af5210ef068dbf7125a482eee2fe336f

Part 1

---

“Dad, dad… dad? No. I stop you there, don’t do it…no… not in slightest, this is terrible idea.” A heavy sigh lift the young girl’s lips as she shouldered open the night door, arms unable to move due to the heavy load she was burdened with carrying. “You know what Nik is like… but that was different… no dad this is not the same, That is a technicality… do not play stupid because you know that we know you are not stupid.” With a huff and sigh of relief she began to squat down as she reached the end of the corridor, placing down the loaded carrier bags as securely as she could with the phone tucked neatly between her ear and her shoulder blade. Brushing her hands against her jeans and clenching them for a moment to regain feeling in her fingers, Isla retrieved the phone and held it properly with her left hand while her right searched her pockets for the key. “If you take Nik to a karaoke bar for your anniversary he will do one of two things. One, he gets awkward and starts an argument with someone telling him to loosen up…” With a heavy clunk of the mechanism the door unlocked, a slight sigh of relief escaping her lips as she pushed open the front door of her apartment.

“Two, he gets very drunk, makes absolute tit of himself, then gets in a fight when someone criticises him, you know he insecure singer.” Her eyes scanned the entranceway for a moment, eager to get her shopping inside but delayed by the voice which replied over her call. “But dad, us playing Karaoke on a video game for my thirteenth birthday is not a sign he would like to do so in public, this idea is a you idea not a couple idea… right i need to put you on speaker while i get into the apartment… oh you can talk, i just don’t promise i will be listening, you were saying?” She asked rhetorically with a tired smirk as she clicked for the call to go on speaker. She entered her apartment and rested the phone down on the nearest shelf, wiggling her fingers again for feeling before returning to the shopping bags.

“But Islaaaaaaa, i supported your dreams, why you picking on mine huh? Is this why i raised you? To be a bully?” Came the sarcastic and theatrical sorrow filled voice of Arthur Paledragon through her phone’s speaker. Answered at first only by the sound of a slamming door as Isla kicked it shut behind her, two bag’s in either hand as she marched with purpose further inside. “You hear that? That was the sound of you slamming my love back in my face you know,” he teased further, his bardic charisma being the only thing keeping his act up she reckoned.

“No dad…” She sighed back finally when she reached the phone, having placed the bags down on her kitchen counter. “…I am not picking on you, i just remember last year when you took dad to that Opera last year and he left after twenty minutes. Incase you forgot what happened next you were so busy enjoying the show you didn’t notice that for the next however many hours, i found him in the bar across the road and we played drinking games… for your anniversary.” She emphasised the ‘your’ specifically as she laughed at the memory of the fallout, an evening where all enjoyed themselves even if it had not gone according to plan.

“Fine, no karaoke bar, what would you do?” He asked in defeat, letting his tone return to a more genuine conversation as he chuckled too in the memory of the year just passed. But while he had asked Isla for a suggestion she was in the middle of focussing on unpacking, a task which could likely be heard over the phone through all the rustling bags. Using her foot she managed to hook and open the freezer door, following suit with opening the top tray by her foot too as she slid in a couple frozen pizzas.

“I don’t know… What about the movies, there must be something you are both interested to see no? What about that one that came on last week, the one with that fee he likes as the villain… You know Fleur, i remember Nik mentioning it last time i was round.” She suggested as she continued unpacking the few fridge and freezer items she had collected, however the majority of the food in her bags was simply cupboard foods for the sake of making sure it lasted. Arthur did not reply at first, seemingly deep in thought considering her idea, but when he eventually did it caught Isla off guard as she was part way through stretching so that she could slide the newest batch of dried ramen onto her top shelf for all her low effort dietary needs.

“See with a genius daughter like you, it was no doubt you could achieve whatever you wanted.” He praised her in gushing tones, a gesture which received such an unexpectedly violent laugh in response that Isla’s snort fired down the phone line like the most aggressive pig either had heard in their lives.

“I achieve whatever i want because achieved my dream through being very good at hitting people really hard, you remember my scores in school. You tried convincing me that higher letters were better until you realised it made my gym score look shit… Look dad i got to finish unpacking then… do some work, but i will see you both this weekend okay?” Her explanation for hanging up was an attempt to sound productive but she was had a mind certain Arthur could recognise the lies in her pause. If he did though he didn’t point it out.

“Of course sweetheart, i love you!” He yelled down the line, excessively so which made her only smile as she pretended to sound fed up with his antics.

“I love you too daaaaad”, a single beep marked the end of the call and the tension building in her shoulders from having to speak eased away in a flood of shedding stress. Moment’s later her posture followed suite, as her head landed on the counter as if it were a pillow, and she groaned low against the artificial worktop with just a long consistent “uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh”

“Suka…” she muttered with a light intake of breath, pushing herself up from the counter as she eyed up the arch nemesis of the two shopping bags still full, though all the food was away. The first one she dragged over was mostly toiletries and utility bits and pieces she was short. The first item she plucked out was a tube of toothpaste, holding it as if it were a magazine for light reading she leaned forward, one elbow on the counter to keep her head held up while the other head the tube steady, her eyes going along each ingredient one by one as she procrastinated the rest of the bag.

With time though she got back to work, retrieving the various products and jamming them somewhere into the small bathroom connecting onto the rest of her mostly open plan apartment. A kitchen overlooking a small living room, a single doorway leading into her bedroom, door in the back of the kitchen space leading into a tiny utility room, and the only remaining door leading to what was meant to be a second bedroom but currently housed a variety of junk assembled over her short life that she no longer had an excuse to store with her dads at their place. The final bag too had been almost entirely emptied, except for a small book given to her as a late holidays present by Raya, with the rest of her present waiting at her old friend’s apartment next time she stopped by. Isla turned the book both ways to read the front and back, pondering it with hungry and bored eyes as she chewed on her lip. “This would be a bad idea…” She said to herself, eyes flickering between then took and the myriad collection of leftover bottles of alcohol assembled from celebrations over the past couple months. “… Damn you Raya,” she whispered with a smirk, caving in and deciding to see which ones she could make with her current ensemble.

Word Count; 1409
Total word count; 1409
made bycapt. meows
Isla Paledragon
Isla Paledragon

VylderGold : 4642

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just another day Empty Re: Just another day

Post by Isla Paledragon Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:29 am

Just another day 4e9248c474c9fa5704c94e0664f5b6f8

Part 2
2 Hours Later
---

“Ayyyyyyyyyy, Raya, I am sorry to be calling again but i called like… something minutes ago and you did not answer so thought i would try again. Anyway i just wanted to say that i love you sooooo much, best friend, bar none. Oh, also that book you got me for the holidays? Best present ever” A small gulp in her throat broke the slurred and inconsistently paced sentence as she spoke into the phone. “Anyway, i miss you and i was going to say you could join me but i am guessing you are busy. See you soon though okay? Okay, stay safe, Don’t blow yourself up with magic, byeeeee.” A few moments of failed attempts later she managed to hang up the call, an exaggerated exhale of disappointment emptying her lungs and slumping her posture in defeat.

The flop backwards onto her sofa was so perfectly rehearsed at this stage she either needed to look or be sober to land it flawlessly. Not that the couch however was perfect in any regard, the seat with a small table to its side was showing far more wear and indentation than the other which rarely saw use unless her dads were coming round. Her head rolled back onto one of her hoodies which formed a makeshift pillow by chance, allowing her eyes to gaze up longingly at the ceiling as if it were a night sky without the beauty. “Hmmmmmmmm” Came the long hum of thought, thought which did not accomplish its task but thoughts which tried nonetheless.

Three friends she had called since the amateur cocktails began, and one of whom she had tried twice. It would be a lie to say the thought of inviting Idris round hadn’t crossed her mind, but she was not so far gone as to give in to such an idea. Easily the worst part of alcohol, not the fact it made you forget, but what it made you remember. Heading round as a group after graduation to a diner a block from their school, they all got milkshakes, he got a burger, she got a burger just with less of the fancy toppings and more low quality cheese. Nights sat on the roof with a single pair of earphones split between the pair, whatever their latest musical addictions were playing into their soundtrack as the cityscape stretched out far below and around them. She made a call, the right one however, the call that she would not be joined by anyone that night, and that was okay.

Slowly, with the groans of effort as if she were an old man, Isla sat up and swung her legs round to sit properly on the couch. Black sweatpants with the pale blue name of a band she liked up the leg covering her lower body, her hair now untied and rolling over her shoulders to the deceptive length of it’s tips reaching just past her collarbones. Reaching back and under the baggy, pale blue shirt she wore over her chest, she lazily unhooked her bra and began sliding her arms out one by one, keeping the shirt on but throwing the undergarment across to the unoccupied seat of the sofa. A new exhale and groan projecting out for the silence of her apartment in peace and relief at the freedom.

Reaching for her phone she got up one of her playlists while playing it on shuffle, placing her phone in an unused cup as to form a DIY speaker since her own stopped working a few weeks prior. She reached over to the small table nearby and collected what little of her most recent drink, the thicker red portion of the mixture remaining in the bottom as it became diluted by the melting ice. It was gone a few seconds later, the slurping over a straw without a drink making the painful alert that she had to go make another, eventually, perhaps in a minute or two.

Instead however it was not a minute, or even two, perhaps it was more like fifteen, or even closer to twenty before she stood up. She didn’t keep track, nor did she realise entirely she had left it so long, her mind felt it was closer to five, but regardless she did rise and cross towards the kitchen. A new drink, the same recipe, looser rules for proportions however, it was in her hand before long and she began to hum along in tune to the song being blasted in an echo from a few metres away. “Slide, shake your bones out if you wanna ride, Throw your head back make you feel alive…” muttered some of the lyrics before she began to sip through the metal straw.

She stood there enjoying the drink for a few minutes, eyes staring off into the distance as her mind lost it’s concentration and instead wandered aimlessly. At one point she was thinking of her last quest, at one point she was remembering the thirteenth birthday where she played karaoke with her dads, at another point she had a moment of panic when she realised she forgot to ask for her video game back from someone she hadn’t spoken to in over four years. Each thought was as fleeting as the last and it was broken by only one impulsive intrusion into her focus. “I wonder if Karimah got home okay…” The words left her lips quietly as if it was a secret to discuss such a concern, never mind the fact she had been home over a month since the celebration on Avalon.

On a mission seemingly from the purpose which filled her legs, she worked her way back over towards the sofa, sitting herself on the arm as if ghosts occupied the proper seats, she reached forward and collected the phone. Accessing Vycon, she began to scroll for a moment, almost distracted by the random updates and debates taking place, it was seeing her profile picture which centred her to the quest she was embarking on. A selfie from the festival, her and Karimah stood on golden sands together, it was after the magical girl had summoned up food for her and everything, such an awesome day. “Oh fuck…” She whispered however, remembering in time as she clicked on the girl’s profile why her question was in poor taste. She was sat in her home… but Karimah did not have one, at least not in this world, not that she knew of anyway. Saddened by this realisation, and catching herself in time before she texted her new friend, Isla began to sip further from her cocktail. Alone in her apartment, with the sound of her playlist fading into the background as she once more slipped deep into random thoughts without cohesion.

Word Count; 1133
Total word count; 2542
made bycapt. meows
Isla Paledragon
Isla Paledragon

VylderGold : 4642

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum