Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Syril WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» Quest Turn In
by Shane Today at 2:23 pm

» Kids In America - AU Digimon RP
by Guest Today at 1:19 pm

» Quest Sign Up
by Iris Today at 7:31 am

» Jamie Sunderland
by Iris Today at 7:30 am

» Character App. Submissions Thread
by Iris Today at 7:26 am

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
Iris
Syril I_vote_lcapSyril I_voting_barSyril I_vote_rcap 
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Leon Hoffman
Percy
Shane
wes
Sivaas
Saeven
Cassidi
Cole

Donations

Syril

Go down

Syril Empty Syril

Post by Syril Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:06 am

Syril S'Oloren

General

Alias/Nicknames: Syril (He prefers it pronounced Sih-ruhl ); Silly Syril by some family members
Race: Gaiyan
Sub-species: Elf
Gender / Sexuality: Male / Pansexual - Demisexual
Alignment: Rogue
Faction: N/A

Persona

Personality: Although it is part of Syril's job to help others understand the importance of computer safety, he's mostly self-serving when it comes to avoiding his fears or dangers. He's hardly the hero type that saves others, much rather preferring to run to avoid the dangers rather than running towards the danger. Thus, Syril can be described as a person that is always looking around or peering over his shoulder to ensure that he is safe anytime he is not in the comfort of his own home or office. His fears can drive him to spastically yell at someone or flail helplessly while shouting helplessly out of desperation, which is perhaps the reason why he hardly socializes well with others and does not have friends as a result. Due to his cousin's prophesy of being forever alone and never marrying, Syril easily rejects relationships due to his acceptance of said prophecy, finding it hopeless to try if he was destined to being alone anyway rather than trying for himself.

Aside from work, Syril does enjoy comfortable leisure at home, such as watching TV, playing video games, or using the computer to see the world without having to venture outside. He'd much rather stay at home and eat his own home cooked dinner than to go out to a restaurant, for instance. As a result of his isolation from society, this has prevented him from venturing out into the world to explore new experiences or opportunities.      

History: Syril grew up with a fairly decent childhood for a young elf. Although he was not gifted with magic like his cousin of the same age, Saeven, he mastered archery with his bow and arrow. Whether it was an accident or because of a playful comment that turned into an insecurity that festered in his mind, the young elf boy was nearly attacked by an animal when he missed his ranged target. His mother consequently screaming out and protecting the elf boy from danger had shaken him all the more, causing that situation to traumatize him enough to be fearful of the world and its creatures. Saeven's magic of terrible prophecies, of course, didn't help with his fears whenever Syril would spastically voice his fears to him about every little thing in nature. He grew to dread such prophecies coming true, such as getting moss in his ears or growing up alone and never marrying anyone. It made the fearful Syril want to avoid the dangers of nature at all costs. It was no wonder that he left his elf tribe to live in Rivengate since he wasn't going to marry anyone among elves anyway.

Thus, the non-magical elf lived in Rivengate, preferring to stay inside for as much as possible to avoid the dangers of the world outside in hopes of not allowing any corrupt humans out there turn him into an eldritch either. With his bow and arrow now catching dust in his room, Syril stuck with computers as a Computer Repair and Cybersecurity technician in efforts to avoid personal contact with humans, mostly servicing them via phone call or remote desktop assistance except for extreme emergencies where he had no choice but to show up to fix computer wires that a human couldn't fix.  In fact, in efforts to demonstrate the dangers of the computer world, Syril even sometimes made a point to hack into other computers in efforts to demonstrate the importance of needing his security services and keeping their computer safe from viruses or other hackers.  All in all, Syril has lived contently in the safety of his office or his home, avoiding useless dating given his cousin's prophecy, ordering online, and doing any means necessary to avoid venturing out to the dangerous world.

Computers / Hacking to prove a point about Cybersecurity
Archery (formerly/hasn't touched it in a while)
Safety
Ordering/Shopping Online

Dislikes: (Please list 3)
Saeven showing up / His cousin's horrible prophecies
Nature, including creatures and natural disasters
Taking risks
Trying new things
Being in dangerous situations
People mispronouncing his name

Goal/Aspiration: Syril is driven to do any means necessary to remain in the safety of his home and to keep his job in the cybersecurity field. He'd rather explain in detail how to fix a computer by phone or do a remote desktop to configure things for them on the computer than to physically show up to someone and fix it himself.

Key Fear/Adversary: Syril fears everything. What works against him is that he believes in his cousin's prophecies and doesn't even bother trying to prove it wrong, preferring to accept it or avoid it if possible. This keeps him from trying new opportunities or experiences that could benefit him. Thus, it could also cause him to easily believe anyone's words that would drive him into a new fear of something.

Appearance

Height: 6'1
Body Type: Slim
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Skin Tone: Pasty white

Overall Appearance:
Syril:
Syril 3eb80a968d31a24755c21e2e1e61817c
Syril
Syril

VylderGold : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Syril Empty Re: Syril

Post by Iris Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:05 am

❀:
@Syril wrote:

Syril S'Oloren

General

Alias/Nicknames: Syril (He prefers it pronounced Sih-ruhl ); Silly Syril by some family members
Race: Gaiyan
Sub-species: Elf
Gender / Sexuality: Male / Pansexual - Demisexual
Alignment: Rogue
Faction: N/A

Persona

Personality: Although it is part of Syril's job to help others understand the importance of computer safety, he's mostly self-serving when it comes to avoiding his fears or dangers. He's hardly the hero type that saves others, much rather preferring to run to avoid the dangers rather than running towards the danger. Thus, Syril can be described as a person that is always looking around or peering over his shoulder to ensure that he is safe anytime he is not in the comfort of his own home or office. His fears can drive him to spastically yell at someone or flail helplessly while shouting helplessly out of desperation, which is perhaps the reason why he hardly socializes well with others and does not have friends as a result. Due to his cousin's prophesy of being forever alone and never marrying, Syril easily rejects relationships due to his acceptance of said prophecy, finding it hopeless to try if he was destined to being alone anyway rather than trying for himself.

Aside from work, Syril does enjoy comfortable leisure at home, such as watching TV, playing video games, or using the computer to see the world without having to venture outside. He'd much rather stay at home and eat his own home cooked dinner than to go out to a restaurant, for instance. As a result of his isolation from society, this has prevented him from venturing out into the world to explore new experiences or opportunities.      

History: Syril grew up with a fairly decent childhood for a young elf. Although he was not gifted with magic like his cousin of the same age, Saeven, he mastered archery with his bow and arrow. Whether it was an accident or because of a playful comment that turned into an insecurity that festered in his mind, the young elf boy was nearly attacked by an animal when he missed his ranged target. His mother consequently screaming out and protecting the elf boy from danger had shaken him all the more, causing that situation to traumatize him enough to be fearful of the world and its creatures. Saeven's magic of terrible prophecies, of course, didn't help with his fears whenever Syril would spastically voice his fears to him about every little thing in nature. He grew to dread such prophecies coming true, such as getting moss in his ears or growing up alone and never marrying anyone. It made the fearful Syril want to avoid the dangers of nature at all costs. It was no wonder that he left his elf tribe to live in Rivengate since he wasn't going to marry anyone among elves anyway.

Thus, the non-magical elf lived in Rivengate, preferring to stay inside for as much as possible to avoid the dangers of the world outside in hopes of not allowing any corrupt humans out there turn him into an eldritch either. With his bow and arrow now catching dust in his room, Syril stuck with computers as a Computer Repair and Cybersecurity technician in efforts to avoid personal contact with humans, mostly servicing them via phone call or remote desktop assistance except for extreme emergencies where he had no choice but to show up to fix computer wires that a human couldn't fix.  In fact, in efforts to demonstrate the dangers of the computer world, Syril even sometimes made a point to hack into other computers in efforts to demonstrate the importance of needing his security services and keeping their computer safe from viruses or other hackers.  All in all, Syril has lived contently in the safety of his office or his home, avoiding useless dating given his cousin's prophecy, ordering online, and doing any means necessary to avoid venturing out to the dangerous world.

Computers / Hacking to prove a point about Cybersecurity
Archery (formerly/hasn't touched it in a while)
Safety
Ordering/Shopping Online

Dislikes: (Please list 3)
Saeven showing up / His cousin's horrible prophecies
Nature, including creatures and natural disasters
Taking risks
Trying new things
Being in dangerous situations
People mispronouncing his name

Goal/Aspiration: Syril is driven to do any means necessary to remain in the safety of his home and to keep his job in the cybersecurity field. He'd rather explain in detail how to fix a computer by phone or do a remote desktop to configure things for them on the computer than to physically show up to someone and fix it himself.

Key Fear/Adversary: Syril fears everything. What works against him is that he believes in his cousin's prophecies and doesn't even bother trying to prove it wrong, preferring to accept it or avoid it if possible. This keeps him from trying new opportunities or experiences that could benefit him. Thus, it could also cause him to easily believe anyone's words that would drive him into a new fear of something.

Appearance

Height: 6'1
Body Type: Slim
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Skin Tone: Pasty white

Overall Appearance:
Syril:
Syril 3eb80a968d31a24755c21e2e1e61817c

Syril QRmoaKI

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Syril 63645_s

Iris
Iris

Administrator  
VylderGold : 21374

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum