Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
{Grave} Matters [Tag: Luchta] WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» Buff Or Bluff *Angry Face* [Wes | Emi | Kiigan]
by Daiko Today at 10:22 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Emi Kazama Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:55 pm

» Blood on the Inn Floor | Emi & Kiigan
by Emi Kazama Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:43 pm

» ???? dandelion meadows, a small-town harvest moon rp
by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:55 am

» Character App. Submissions Thread
by Ueredu Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:00 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
Iris
{Grave} Matters [Tag: Luchta] I_vote_lcap{Grave} Matters [Tag: Luchta] I_voting_bar{Grave} Matters [Tag: Luchta] I_vote_rcap 
Ueredu
{Grave} Matters [Tag: Luchta] I_vote_lcap{Grave} Matters [Tag: Luchta] I_voting_bar{Grave} Matters [Tag: Luchta] I_vote_rcap 
Kiigan
Emi Kazama
Katsumi
Daiko
wes
Kupo

Donations

{Grave} Matters [Tag: Luchta]

Go down

{Grave} Matters [Tag: Luchta] Empty {Grave} Matters [Tag: Luchta]

Post by Rayne Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:53 am

Safe inside myself

are all my thoughts of you

The hoptus forest, as mystical and as peaceful as it seemed, was no stranger to death. The trees of the forest would whisper its secrets as their branches groaned in a somber tune to the soft cry of the wind that billowed through the leaves and the raven hair by Rayne's ear. The gothic dryad that wore black had been following the alluring energy of death as she ventured further into the forest, her silver orbs that peered around the forest bearing the curiosity that was getting the best of her. It was strange, but it was unlike anything she had felt before. Usually, she would feel a strong, heavy presence of death in a certain area and be able to meditate on what death transpired in the area so many years ago. Yet this time, it seemed to be a gentle yet intriguing pull that kept her moving forward, almost as if it were a place longing to be uncovered, longing to be found.  

A soft sigh escaped the dark dryad as her silver orbs peered down at a purple mossbun hopping around a tree next to her. Mossbuns shouldn't be distracting for anyone that was focused on reaching the destination of their curious ventures, but the mossbun began hopping in a circle like a little ball of purple cotton skittering around her, which formed an adoring smile that tipped the ends of the dryad's full red lips.  "...Okay...Aren't you  just.." She knelt down to inspect the mossbuns closely, her feet in her sandals bending to balance on the tips of her toes. "...the fluffiest mossbun I've ever seen?" Realizing that she actually spoke something aloud, and dare she admit the pitch that her voice made practically squealed at it, the shy dryad placed a hand over her lips as she glimpsed around at the trees, almost apologetic for interrupting their peace. "So..Does this fluffy mossbun want a carrot? I know you do.."  She asked it with a voice that was softer in tone, a tiny knowing smile forming on the ends of her red lips as she attuned to the animal's empathy in efforts to communicate with it, understanding that it was looking for something to eat. Placing her porcelain colored hand onto the grass, her earth magic flowed through her as a seedling was manifested just underneath her fingers. Pressing the seedling down in the ground with her finger tips, she covered the seed with dirt and allowed the earth magic to flow from her hands onto the ground to make the seedling grow into a carrot that was ripe for the picking. With a whispered prayer of thanks to Fleure'vir, she pulled the carrot from the ground and presented it to the hungry purple fluff that was the mossbun, watching with amusemenent  as the creature instantly ate the fresh carrot heartily.  

"Oh, you have a friend?" Rayne commented upon understanding the creature through her animal empathy, turning to peer over at the green mossbun that was mostly hidden behind the tree to make sneaking glasses over at its companion. "There's no need to share.. I have a carrot here just for you." In the same manner as before, her porcelain hand grew another carrot in the ground. With another prayer of thanks, Rayne pulled the carrot out to the other mossbun, watching it slowly approach before eating the carrot contently as well.  "Well? Aren't you two going to tell me who taught you how to be so... cute?" The dark dryad ventured to say with a small smile that threatened to spread a little more as her hand meekly reached over to pet the two fluffy mossbuns with the tips of her fingers in secret delight, finding it every bit as fluffy as they seemed.

There was that pull again. The gothic clad dryad stood up once more and walked further ahead, her sandaled feet pausing before a place that the sensitive Gaiyan could sense was every bit as forlorn as it appeared. The mossbuns continued to hop around the dryad that stood there with a thoughtful pout on her lips, scrutinizing the area. She did not sense that a death occurred here exactly; only that the faint trail of what she had been following ended here in what appeared to be ruins and scattered rocks that seemed to tell a story that was way before her time. "What is this place?" The curious dryad wondered softly, then closed the silver orbs that flickered to a greenish hue as she attempted to attune herself to the forest, allowing her body to manifest into a tree humanoid form as the skin below her hips instantly enveloped in wooden tree bark, roots and vine leaves. Her feet then became wooden tendrils that rooted themselves onto the ground with her aim to connect with the nature of Vyldermire in efforts to meditate on the answer.

@Luchta Dagda 816 words

xoxo, adylore

Last edited by Rayne on Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rayne
Rayne

VylderGold : 332

View user profile

Back to top Go down

{Grave} Matters [Tag: Luchta] Empty Re: {Grave} Matters [Tag: Luchta]

Post by Luchta Dagda Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:10 pm

{Grave} Matters [Tag: Luchta] Szg77D

---

Nearly two hundred and fourty years had passed since Luchta first ventured out from Hoptus forest, longer than he had ever spent living there as he must have been only around one hundred and fifty at the time, yet the woodland was still as much a home to him as it ever had been. It seemed so many lifetimes ago now, he could only wander in awe at those older than him at how they managed to retain so much memory when he was already beginning to feel himself lapse into nostalgia on a regular basis. In ever droplet that fell upon a leaf he remembered the nights his mother hid inside her tent to escape the cold of the rain as she slept. With every mushroom surrounded by moss he remembered the lessons of foraging, and how his other parent had used their abilities to grow all manner of vegetation for their consumption so that they need not hunt. Those were different days, when the forest was its own continent in his eyes and the wider world was an expanse yet to be explored.

Two hundred and fourty years was a long time for something to be left alone, and as such it had been a long time since any trace of his childhood remained. The Gaiyan walked gently between the trees, the same ones he remembered from a time before he had known conflict, with every branch overhead he saw a young boy climbing till he could touch the stars. With every critter who stopped in it’s tracks to watch his approach he remembered spying on the forest wildlife, watching children play and parents hunt for their families as the animals were at one with the ecosystem seemingly free of outside touch. Little did he know then why their little corner of the woods was free of hunters and bandits, he simply hoped the rest of the forest faired so well.

Luchta stepped round corners on a path of his own memories until he caught glimpse of the archway, one of the only signs that something unnatural was present in such a forgotten place, a place older than anyone he knew, or at least as far as he knew. The surface ran with moss and vines like veins, creating a living surface as blessed by nature as should be, he pressed his palm to it’s side hoping to feel the pulse of energy like on Ilyanor, yet he was always disappointed. It was made up for though by the carvings and patterns which could be faintly recognised even after all this time, markings from a time before human record and of a nature not even his parents had understanding for. It was a cold place, one that no one treasured or remembered, except for him.

Luchta Dagda entered and walked on his usual path, his eyes dancing across his surroundings to comfort himself that it was all still there. Mounds of earth rose and dipped like miniature hills and valleys, each one teeming with flora but in colours and patterns which made each an island unto itself. Where one was cascading with blues and purples another was teeming with golds and reds,   for many this would seem the only irregularity. But Luchta knew deeper, even if not why, for h knew that at the summit of each rise was a spherical hole, a dome like dip which always filled with water every rainfall, and he knew that below the surface lay the remains of those each guarded as a grave. The ruins of it’s borders bore their own mysteries too, for in his over three hundred years of life Luchta never knew one word of what was written down on their surfaces, each wall marked with spirals and chains of artistic flair that were as meaningless as they were filled with reminders of his childhood. Strange yet was the stone itself, never built by bricks or other medium they seemed to rise from the ground as if grown, mountains naturally forming unnatural shapes and dividers, but in a world of magic it was far from the strangest observation in his time.

Alone, except for the faintest sound of a feline figure climbing atop the nearest archway, Luchta closed his eyes. Kneeling down between two rises he felt himself drifting away from strain and mortality, instead feeling the eternal wealth of magic deep within his blood and form, the legacy of olde that marked half his identity and origins. He gelt his face melt away with an easing bliss to reveal the wooden construct like form beneath, his left eye replacing with an emerald like orb as his pale skin shifted in hue to reflect the more warm and golden light of summer. His red long hair rolling down his shoulders and revitalising with a youthful glisten as his feet turned into roots and ran deep into the earth to let the ground know that he was home. So much peace filled his heart that he almost did not hear the approaching figure as they entered the ruins, but when they did he looked up slowly, feeling that whoever had found such a place and so quietly was unlikely to intend harm to it’s memory.

He looked around with curiosity without shifting from his position and caught a glimpse of the Dryad, their figure not far off from his own. Their bark, vines, leaves, wooden tendrils and roots mirrored each others as Luchta smiled softly and rose to his feet, allowing his fifty fifty appearance to remain rather than hiding behind a pure elven disguise. “Hello there, i hope i’m not disturbing you.” He introduced himself gently, intending mostly to alert her to his presence before she was caught too off guard.

Word Count; 963
Total word count; 963
made bycapt. meows
Luchta Dagda
Luchta Dagda

VylderGold : 7484

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayne Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Safe inside myself

Just what was this mysterious place that was both secluded and almost lachrymose from being forsaken? With her eyes closed, the raven haired dryad in her tree-humanoid form first focused on the sounds of her breath that she softly exhaled from her full red lips, her pointed ears faintly hearing the mossbuns and feeling their feet lightly pitter-patting as they binked happily in a circle around her. Soon, Rayne's meditation drew deeper into her pools of concentration, where she no longer could hear her breath due to her keen sense of focus; her roots in the ground aimed to detect any message stimuli carried through the fungal mycelium network underground. Did the nearby trees and flora know of the history regarding this desolate, forlorn area? In the quiet of the forest, Rayne patiently prayed for Fleure'vir's answer.

Sometimes Fleure'vir didn't give the direct answers, sometimes it seemed as though the god would send someone to answer instead. A tiny crease formed in between Rayne's eyebrows in bewilderment upon perceiving that the network of mycelium seemed to alert her of someone approaching, although she couldn't discern what it was by signal alone. Was it a person or creature? She meditated and hoped that it was a creature, until she detected that it was far closer than she had anticipated.

“Hello there, I hope I’m not disturbing you.”

As quickly as her silver orbs fluttered opened to release herself from her concentrated meditation, the tree humanoid released a gasp from her red lips as she turned her head to meet with the one that had spoke with a tone that did not seem like it meant any harm. It was only because of the curious way half of his body looked almost similar to the dryad while the other half appeared to look like a gallant elf with hair of red flames that caused Rayne to fight against her innate nature to instantly turn into a tree shyly.  She could have easily teleported away using her tree stride magic once fully transforming into her tree form. Yet here she remained in her tree humanoid form, firmly rooted to the ground. Her large eyes kept her gaze on him for a moment while a million curious questions formed in her mind. Who was he? Was he part dryad, or perhaps creature of olde? What was he doing here? Was he here for the same reason she had, for the pull this mystical place had? Or was he looking for her, given her profession as a veterinarian and apothecary? "No.." was Rayne's quiet response finally upon realizing that his comment had gone unanswered, glancing down meekly, "...You're not.."  Despite her reassurance that he was not disturbing her, that wasn't at all the greeting she had wanted to say, nor all the questions she had wanted to ask. She was too shy to bombard him with so many things.

Still, the idea that perhaps this man was here for this mysterious place only further added to her curious questions. Would he know of this place? No, she shouldn't ask that. One should always introduce themselves before getting right to business, she reminded herself as she surveyed her lack of social skills; the dryad of the forest was always used to the more direct way of handling humanoid customers whatever medications they needed before leaving, she had much to learn. In her attempt to introduce herself, Rayne parted her full lips in her attempts to say something, but a blush was all that flushed across her cheeks and she turned away again. Instead, she closed her eyes and drew in a breath to maintain her composure. Stop being shy. Stop. Unfortunately, she failed. All she managed to think of doing was suddenly signaling to him through the underground root network system: Hello. Upon relaying the message to his roots, Rayne opened her eyes and glimpsed over at the curious man with a timid smile that tilted the ends of her full lips ever so slightly, sheepish that she was too shy to say or ask more of this stranger.

@Luchta Dagda 683 words

xoxo, adylore

Last edited by Rayne on Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rayne
Rayne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luchta Dagda Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:56 am

{Grave} Matters [Tag: Luchta] Szg77D

---

Despite the peace and unity that was felt between the love of Luchta’s parents, there was a conflict of drives and passions within him that had pushed the halfblooded forward his whole life. For three hundred and eighty seven years his had had been captured and lead by the beauty of existence, of life in it’s bounties and diversity, where even the smallest drop of water or single grain of sand could be beautiful to his gentle and peaceful heart. Yet like the colour of the hair that ran from his head and ver his shoulders there was a heat and passion in his blood, a fire of life that could not sit still or let the aeons of the world pass him by as if he were not a breathing part of it’s ecosystem. He will drink, feast, dance and laugh as if any moment are his last despite the fact he had more moments left in his life than those of all the humans alive on the continent, should no physical tragedy befall him.

Over the past few months he had catered to his mortal side, his mother’s blood, he walked the cobbled streets of man and fought for the rights of anthros on islands where magic had been discarded in favour of technology and supposed progress. But in this place he could reconnect, he was home and it was as if in only between two hundred to three hundred years since his leaving of home, he too had become a relic. The one who stood before him, the Dryad girl with lips as red as fruit and hair like vines that ran down her slim frame like an overgrown statue of perfect craftsmanship. She was a stranger in name and demeanour, in history and future, but she was a comforting anchor through which he could remember there was more to him than just the petty judgements of younger beings.

She was startled which was a shame, but Luchta had met others of her kin in his years walking the forests, and he knew that emotions and anxieties could be far stronger in Gaiyans than many humans would assume. He smiled, hoping the genuine and gentle warmth in his expression would allay some of the shyness in her posture and eyes. He heard her speak, and the quiet sound of her voice seemed to ease the tension in his shoulders he had not noticed build up, they were a calming sign he had not scared off away the druidic women just yet. He thought perhaps that would be all, and maybe she would vanish immediately after or return to her meditative stance, but instead her spotted the blushes of red that crept into her cheeks. The shifting of colours under one's skin was hardly a new phenomenon to Luchta, for his changed with the seasons like a leaf upon a tree. When it was Winter he was pale and blue like a body void of life, in the autumn he was tanned and orange as if ready to fall and blend into piles of his brethren, in the spring too there were greens in his flesh tone which likely only alienated him further from the beings he sought to meet and serve in his duty as a Golden Titan. But it was Summer, and that meant he was the most lifelike of all seasons, with a warm life in his veins which were red in the shadow but in natural lighting seemed to glow like golden marble. Neither Gaiyan had enough in common to suspect the other was like the other, there was enough to connect and converse should the Druid wish.

When she turned away he could not stop one of his arms from shifting slightly, raising up a few inches as if to say ‘Don’t Go’, but he held it. As after all, despite the joy of this nameless encounter and the beauty of the Dryad girl, he was no more entitled to her presence and attention as a village was entitled to a good harvest. Friendship and company had to be earned, and sometimes despite the best of intentions there was nothing more that could be done, and he would have to accept that. Thankfully however, despite him holding back any further words, he heard one of her own. Not through the elven ears on his head, but in the senses of his roots buried deep into the earth beneath where he stood. Signals, passed through the network of living beings as if they were no different from the trees and fungi that surrounded them. This network had carried a message from her own roots to his, a single word materialising in his mind that said “Hello”.

As she turned to face him again, a timid smile moving her lips into a heartwarming gesture, he nodded subtly. “Hello, you are welcome here.” He replied simply, the web of life beneath their feet carrying the message to her as he steadied his worries about frightening her with a steady breath. His eyes drifted to the side, looking around him at the mysterious layout off is home and couldn’t help but start a silent chuckle in laughter at how irregular yet typical this must look. A mysterious figure, made from the Forest, rooted in a long forgotten and overgrown ruin, he was more akin to his parent than he realised. “I am Luchta, and i can promise you there is nothing to fear here.” He said further, but this time in words that left his lips as one of the few sounds not of the flora and fauna of Hoptus.

Word Count; 943
Total word count; 1906
made bycapt. meows
Luchta Dagda
Luchta Dagda

VylderGold : 7484

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayne Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:19 am

Safe inside myself

The dryad blinked with a raise of her eyebrows upon perceiving his welcoming message through her roots. Her silver orbs locked her gaze upon him, her thin eyebrows subtly tilting upwards with curiosity lingering in her pale expression. He had welcomed her with warmth filled in his rooted, secret reply, as if this were a home that she was allowed to enter. It was not often that she heard of someone being so close to graveyards, but it was an intriguing answer nonetheless. Was he a tree of the graveyard? Or perchance a part of it in some way? Thank you The gothic Gaiyan bowed her head as she supplied her rooted response in return, taking in the half wooden features of the stranger in front of her with a hint of calm appeasement on her countenance. After all, having no apothecary or veterinary business with this stranger, it was the only thing that kept her from leaving.

“I am Luchta, and I can promise you there is nothing to fear here.”

The voice of the curious stranger next presented her with a name that even the surrounding trees agreed was such a kind-sounding name. His reassurance was sweet, but it was not necessary, at least not for this dryad. She tended to favor things that happened to be the least popular among many Gaiyans. Rayne parted her red lips, desiring to say much in response, but a breath escaped the small opening instead in attempts to keep her shyness in control, in efforts to keep herself calm in front of this stranger. "I don't fear cemeteries.." The serene voice of Rayne finally responded simply as she eyed him, allowing the silence to fill in the blanks that she feared living people more than cemeteries. They were capable of so much, particularly with the capture of a dryad. It was one of the reasons why Rayne preferred the dark, goth colors of her human form; not many would suspect a dryad to look in such a manner. However, at the moment, she felt safe with the man's half wooden form, as deemed by the tiny smile curving up at the ends of her lips. With that, she turned her head to allow her eyes to scan the area once more and allowed her curiosity to lead her to venture forth to discover the area.

Silver orbs soon appeared akin to a watercolor image when a drop of green mixed with the silver as the dryad's skin turned into a light, pale green hue. The roots of her trunk retracted from the ground to reveal her bare feet once again, while the wood and vines coiled and enveloped around her body to cover her dryad form, one of many to aid the elusive dryad from being recognized or caught. The moss buns she had given carrots to earlier hopped around her happily, causing her to smile as she picked one up to gently hold in her pale green hands. "Luchta.." She finally spoke his name in her gentle voice that was mixed with a small dose of mirth for the soft moss bun in her hands. The sensation of the animal in her hands relaxed the dryad enough to finally meekly ask of the stranger: "What brings you here?" While a pale green foot stepped onto the forsaken grounds of the cemetery, she turned her head to eye him again as the dark color of her vine-like hair turned green, the ends of the green strands curling around an arm.

@Luchta Dagda 589 words

xoxo, adylore

Rayne
Rayne

View user profile

Back to top Go down