Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Phylactery (Cassidi) WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» KINK - 18+
by Guest Today at 7:21 pm

» A moonlit hunt
by Isla Paledragon Today at 10:01 am

» Human Nature [Birch]
by Birch Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» An Ishgarian's Journey | THEO
by Nessa Cordelia Lux Yesterday at 6:59 pm

» Mama's Letter (Hugo)
by Kirwin Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:12 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Donations

Phylactery (Cassidi)

Go down

Phylactery (Cassidi) Empty Phylactery (Cassidi)

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:10 pm

Roughly a week had passed since Cassidi and Bleuenn had left the orphanage in search of whoever or whatever had been killing and ripping the magic from people. Moving from Otenshire to the outskirts of Engloria gave the two only rumors of past acts. Further questioning and digging led to a few disappearances with all save for one lacking the modus operandi of their current quarry with many simply being domestic issues left to the guard instead of adventurers.

The single outlier from the stories led towards a small farming community further southeast of Engloria. Further investigation gave them little to go on as the target was yet again another hybrid which led to the employer and guard caring very little for their disappearance.

With yet another trail gone cold, the group would end up back to where they had started. Unable to scour the forests and less traveled land due to not only the danger but also the lack of a defined location to start. However, laying in wait and praying for their target to strike would be off the table with Cassidi detecting no other hybrids within the community. With their lack of information, an educated guess would have been their only option if not for stories reaching out from Riverforte reigniting the trail.

Even if the targets were the infirmed or pilgrims disappearing on their way to the town or from the church’s infirmary. It was all the two had to go on as screeching randomly would lead to nothing more than a culling of the monster population.

-----

Bleuenn’s travel with Cassidi while strained by their current task at least allowed for the two to talk and spend more time together. “I once made a giant ice construct in the shape of a legendary beast from a book when I was a kid. The idea seemed ingenious to my younger self; since driving away is what heroes did and at the very least they would have to see the benefit in someone like myself. However, the younger me was not as calculative as her present self and did not think of how others would react… let's just say it had the opposite effect as mass panic and how dangerous I could be was shown to the people”. Looking away and at the ground, “I should be thankful for my control as I would not be here if the construct rampaged across the city”. Muttering out the last of her story, Bleuenn mentally lashed herself at her poor choice filling her mouth with crow as she was still just as inexperienced in conversation as her younger self.

Noticing the increase of pilgrims and travelers on the horizon, Bleuenn stopped looking at Cassidi with the cold calculative stare that the half werewolf saw in the cave. “This is just a suggestion, don’t worry this time my plan will affect only myself. While we don’t know what or even if the thing taking others is the same as the one back in Otenshire. Though we do know that it targets the sick and injured”. Creating a dagger with her magic and casually holding it towards herself, Bleuenn broke eye contact with Cassidi as she knew that her comrade will not doubt dislike what comes next. “I can severely wound myself. Don’t worry I am able to stabilize myself magically the wounds will not kill me. Though you would have to carry me to the infirmary as mobility would be impossible as the wounds are still very real. Hopefully, once there I will be chosen both the blood and my scent will make it easy for you to track the creature down and we can finish it for good”. With her plan fully laid out the half witch tensed up as she waited for Cassidi’s response. She knew that the plan was extreme, but safe had gotten them nowhere.

Wc: 649
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

VylderGold : 103908

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Phylactery (Cassidi) Empty Re: Phylactery (Cassidi)

Post by Cassidi Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:50 pm

Even though their investigation through the outskirts of Engloria yielded little results, Cassidi took the time the unwind her nerves. Her mind had been so strained while the two were at the orphanage that the lull they were experiencing was a pleasant change. Still, the tension she felt in her chest while knowing their quarry was uncaught, likely preying on unsuspecting people at this moment. She'd need to remain focused and alert, but it would do her no good to be exhausted from worrying to the point she couldn't sleep. So, she'd tried to take things easy, making sure to not dwell too much in melancholy.  As the adventurers arrive closer to Riverforte, the white-haired hybrid listened intently to Bleuenn's giant iceman tale, chuckling a little into her hand. "Heh, I'm sorry. I don't mean to laugh. It's just surprising to think that you'd do something like that. It's very cute." Then, she attempted to add something to reassure the half-witch, "It's good that you and other people didn't get hurt.".

However, Cassi's gentle disposition shifted into concern as she furrowed her eyebrows at the other's extreme proposal; That cold expression again. She crossed her arms as she immediately retorted, "Listen, there's no point in hurting yourself. I mean, we don't even know completely if this guy would even go for that." The young woman goes quiet as she glances around, trying to think of what else to say. Then, she turned her head back to Bleu with a steady stare, "You said before ... that the creature could be staying away from other eldritch, right? I remember you theorize that when you said none of the orphans had any eldritch blood in them. So, this plan might not even catch its attention. I know, you said that theory wasn't solid, but shouldn't we be cautious about this? Having one of us down won't make this stop any faster." She would hope her reasoning would make the half-witch hesitant about going through this idea.

Word Count: 334
Total Word Count: 983
Tagged:   @Bleuenn Bosser
Cassidi
Cassidi

VylderGold : 14634

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:20 am

Tightening her grip around the blade, Bleuenn slowed her breathing while relaxing her body to better prepare herself as going into shock would most certainly kill her as Cassidi did not have any healing magic. Though even with her slacked breathing and all of her combat experience her body still fought against her mind. Tunneling her senses the half witch appeared vacant to Cassidi as she fought against the primal fear that took hold of her rapidly beating heart. The neverending battle of her immovable mind versus the unstoppable force of her survival instincts would only agree to a moratorium once Cassidi's words murmured throughout her mind.

Someone with my magical ability appearing to them on a silver plate would be enough to tempt someone looking for power”. Keeping her focus on her weapon Bleuenn would resume her battle momentarily until two very valid points battered through both her idea and focus. Turning her gaze up to Cassidi, Bleuenn quickly blinked multiple times in surprise at her friend’s response. Shattering the ice dagger into the wind she was surprised at how much her friend had grown in such a short amount of time. “It’s not as if I would be completely incapacitated if or when they took the bait, though I suppose it would be pointless if they truly are excluding eldritch”. Letting out a sigh followed by a disheartened smile, “On one hand I am happy that I don’t have to resort to such extreme measures as I have never done something like that before. However, we are once again back to where we have started. We cannot possibly keep track of both the road and the infirmary leaving us to once again wait and allow more to be harmed. Going to the town and questioning the population will more than likely give us the same response as last time if the targets are hybrids”. Rubbing her temple and pacing away and back towards Cassidi the ice witch would look at her ally defeated. “I am out of ideas as doing the same thing over and over will get us nowhere, please tell me you discovered something I’ve missed”.

Wc: 360
Total: 1343
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:45 pm

Cassidi let out the breath she was holding as a wave of relief flowed through the young woman. She was worried that her reasoning might not be enough to stop Bleu, but thankfully she changed her fellow guild member's mind. Her shoulders slumped, and she placed her hands on her hips. She brought up a hand to her head to rub her temple before saying, "Well, I'm guessin' you're probably not gonna like my answer. We should try sleuthing this place. Maybe investigate the place to see if we pick up anything unusual. I know that will likely be pretty time-consuming, but it's better than nothing. And, I would say it's better than seeing you hurt yourself..." Cass said the last sentence in a softer tone. Scratching the back of her head, the white-haired hybrid's nose twitched slightly as she looked toward the distant view of Riverforte. She continued, "Maybe, I'll be able to pick up something once we get closer to the town."

Cassidi remained quiet for a couple of moments while going over the information they learned so far (the little info that they've been able to speculate on) in her head. The half-werewolf gazed back at Bleuenn as she asked, "Would it be possible to change our scents into something different? Like a gaiyan scent or a mixture of gaiyan and anthro? That might attract this guy's attention. Although, I'm unsure of how we would go about it..." The hybrid laughed a bit weakly at her lack of knowledge. Then, Cassi sighed and added, "If that's not a good idea, then I guess we can stick to investigating and questioning. We're bound to stumble upon something.".

Word Count: 279
Total Word Count: 1,622
Tagged:   @Bleuenn Bosser
Cassidi
Cassidi

VylderGold : 14634

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:10 pm

Watching her friend like a hawk, the ice witch waited for any kind of information or idea that had been lost to her. However as Cassidi’s shoulder slumped as she attempted to ease her mental strain, Bleuenn did not have high hopes for Cassidi’s answer. Furrowing a brow at Cassidi’s intro the half witch's doubt would increase while also learning to never let her friend sell or give a speech. Even if the suggestion started poorly it was not wrong as once the half werewolf went on about doing the same thing yet again, Bleuenn’s expression soured. “Maybe is correct though no doubt it will end up like all the other maybes”. Pausing to soften her voice and expression as her friend was not to be blamed for their lack of information. “I am glad that you do not wish to see me harmed and you are correct that my pain could all be for nothing, but doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is just going to add to the victim count. Perhaps this will be the time since the church is no doubt involved since pilgrims and the infirmed have been disappearing though that also means more traffic throughout the scenes making it harder to find anything”.

Stopping her explanation just as Cassidi broke eye contact with her. Hoping that she did not upset or anger her friend, Bleuenn opened her mouth to voice an apology only to hold back with a puzzled look as the half werewolf asked about scents and how to change theirs to another race. Closing her eyes, Bleuenn relaxed her body followed by a sigh. Opening her eyes with a small smile. “You were thinking of other ideas and not hurt by my less than courteous response, I'm glad. However, I still should apologize as I know we are both growing more irritable by our current targets competence and as your friend and senior I should be doing everything to quell discontent”. Giving her friend a slight bow, “I am sorry for lashing out at you”.

Lifting her head back up and meeting her friend’s lovely honey irises, the ice witch prepared herself to answer. “Changing our scents or masking them could be done in many ways, though I doubt you mean more practical methods used for hunting. Unfortunately, the only magic that I possess that masks scent only does so as a byproduct of its true purpose, but your nose was still able to sniff me out even with most of my body encased in ice. Even if we developed a way to change our scents we do not know if our target has a high sense of smell”. Stepping past her friend and turning around, “Like you already have mentioned, investigating would be best as we may find our target or learn more. In the very least since the church has been involved we may be able to gain help or insight as I have gotten into their good books”. Reaching out to Cassidi’s hand and taking a hold of it, the half witch would give it a light tug as she smiled at her.

Wc: 528
Total: 2150
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum