Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Lost Ones [Bleuenn] - Page 2 WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» KINK - 18+
by Guest Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» A moonlit hunt
by Isla Paledragon Yesterday at 10:01 am

» Human Nature [Birch]
by Birch Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:10 pm

» An Ishgarian's Journey | THEO
by Nessa Cordelia Lux Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:59 pm

» Mama's Letter (Hugo)
by Kirwin Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:12 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Donations

Lost Ones [Bleuenn]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lost Ones [Bleuenn] - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost Ones [Bleuenn]

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:56 pm

As Cassidi pulled back her hands Bleuenn let them go instantly. Hoping she did not overstep her bounds, Bleuenn remained silent. Once the half witch saw Cassidi turn away from her she knew that she had gone too far with her praise. She did not expect this small moment and praise from a stranger to help fix the years of torment that Cassidi had been through. Trying to keep a straight face, Bleuenn did not rebuke Cassidi’s feelings about herself. It hurt to not only hear and see Cassidi’s self deprecation, but feel as she was reminded of herself. Holding back her wish to respond, Bleuenn knew that pushing the issue would do nothing to change her mind as it is how she saw herself until she had Trishna.

Backed into a corner Bleuenn was not sure what to do as social interaction was not her forte. Wishing that either Trishna or Korlat were here with her; the half witch broke eye contact with Cassidi as if to pull her body away from the awkward situation. Hearing her guildmate take in a deep breath the words that soon followed left Bleuenn’s feelings in limbo. Peering back at her fellow half blood the doubt was plain to see, but at least it was simply doubt instead of disbelief. She knew how it sounded, though it was not as if she planned to challenge one of the monarchs as she is now.

Silence fell over the duo as neither of them were good at diplomacy nor words. Relife soon flowed in with the arrival of the Caretaker who broke through the gawkishness of the two hybrids. “Sorry I took so long, but I managed to gather what little I could to pay you two”. Placing the sack down it was clear that she tried to find everything and anything that had value and could be spared.

Feeling a lump in her heart and throat, Bleuenn tried to clear it as she used her magic to lock herself away. “You did not have to do that as while we may have brought the children home they were not left unscathed by whatever took them”. Fear gripped the woman as she looked at the half witch with dread. “What do you mean you said that they needed food and rest”. Sighing Bleuenn Motioning for the Caretaker to sit down and gave her some time to prepare herself. “They are not exactly in danger, however, one of the reasons for their exhaustion was due to the thing that took them. Whatever it was, it took their magical power to what extent I do not know. However, since they are still alive I assume we interrupted it”. Pausing, Bleuenn tried to gauge how well the caretaker was handling the information before she continued. “Whatever it is, it is still out there. I do not know what it is, but Cassidi and I plan to stay to see if it comes back”.

Not sure if she should continue or as the caretaker looked to be on the verge of breaking down. Waiting, the Caretaker sniffled and dyed her eyes before looking back to Bleuenn. “.... I had planned on placing some wards and protections around the orphanage. Unfortunately with the creature still out there doing so could scare it away... “ Before she could finish the Caretaker jumped up and began to tearfully yell at the half witch. “You want to use the children as bait after what they have already been through! I won’t allow it, how can you be so cold hearted! Just because they are hybrids their lives are meaningless to you”!? The woman continued to barrage Bleuenn with harsh words completely ignorant to the fact that she was also half blooded. Despite the half witch’s cool demeanor and magical assistance her emotion slowly broke through her defenses. “I do care”! Magic amplified her words as Bleuenn momentarily lost control of herself. The echo blared throughout the entire room and most likely the entire floor rattling the windows. Calming herself down and wiping her eyes, the half witch continued. “I care about their lives more than my own as I know what it is like to live with impure blood. It is why I make the hard decisions that no one else will as this is the only way we may be able to return what is lost”. Unable to take anymore, Bleuenn left the room to leave the Caretaker with the more empathic Cassidi.

Wc: 751
Total 11398
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

VylderGold : 103909

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:35 am

Cassidi sat in her chair as she tried to think of ways to distract her anxious mind. Her posture was stiff and rigid as she kept to herself. Thankfully, the caretaker came in just in time to break the uncomfortable atmosphere between the two adventurers. The white-haired woman felt immediate relief at the interruption. She allowed Bleuenn to do most of the talking, considering she has a better understanding of the magical aspect of this kidnapping. However, she hadn't expected the outburst from her calm and collected companion. It was ... a bit startling, but Cassi could understand her fellow guild members' feelings (even though she disagreed with her proposition earlier). With tensions in the room growing, she was about to attempt to calm Bleu down, but the other woman was already on the move.

Unsure of what to do in this situation, Cassidi decided to reassure the caretaker, "I'm sorry ... My companion only wishes to do the right thing. Because we haven't captured or know anything more about this creature, it could still be out there harming others. So ... she was thinking about doing that to put a stop to this as quickly as possible. Her intentions aren't out of malice or hate..." Cassi's voice took on an apologetic tone. The caregiver's expression softened only a little, but she still looked angered.

The caretaker remained silent for a few moments, rubbing her temple. Then, she spoke while holding back her emotions, "Okay ... The kids are mostly safe. Ronna is unconscious but okay... I should be grateful to you two for that, so you have my deepest gratitude. But, there will be no more mentions of using these children for any kind of purpose. No matter the good intentions behind the actions...". With that, the caregiver walked out at a brisk pace.

Well, that ... could've gone much worse ..., Cassidi thought before letting out a sigh. Her eyes wandered around the quaint room once again, taking the time to look at the child drawings and cute sculptures. She smiled faintly at the lovable art. At least, things are relatively good at the moment. After leaving the room, the white-haired hybrid found Bleu outside the orphanage, convening with her ally to describe their plans. Cass (and Bleuenn if she was coming along) returned to the site of the orphans' woodsy prison. Despite Cassi's heightened senses, she couldn't pick up anything substantial to work with. Leaving with nothing to go on, Cassidi went back to the orphanage in a low-spirited state. However, she kept a cheery facade whenever the children were present. Regardless of her low mood, the young adventurer would take the time to check around the foundling home, looking to spot out any weak spots in the building.

Word Count: 462
Total Word Count: 11,860
Tagged:  @Bleuenn Bosser

Last edited by Cassidi on Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cassidi
Cassidi

VylderGold : 14635

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:57 am

Exiting the room her eyes were met with the young man who approached her in the cave. With her back to the door, Bleuenn crossed her arms in an attempt to close herself off from the child and the many others who peeked at her. “Excuse me, I have to get back to my work”. As she tried to move around the young man he dove at her hugging the half witch around her waist. Stopping immediately, Bleuenn tried to coax the child off of her to no avail as it would only tighten his grip. “You’re just like my big sis, she was always so strong. Even when we only had enough food for one, she’d always let me eat and say that she was fine”. Tears began to roll down the young man’s cheek, “Even when she got very sick, she tried to not show it and say she was fine, but, but if she let me help I could have helped her”! The boy’s tearful gaze looked up to her, tugging at her heart strings. Leaning down the half witch tried to soothe the young man as she wiped his tears and nose, though the more she attempted to console the child the more memories of his sister the ice witch brought back.

Picking up the young man as his words broke down into painful ramblings about how he and the others wanted to help. Simply letting him let out all of his pain, Bleuenn walked with the boy in tow as she stroked his head. “I know you want to help and I am happy that you are worried about me. However, you do not have to worry as Cassidi and I are here to stop anything from taking you again”. Hushing and doing her best to try and console the child they would exit to the portico of the orphanage.

Mostly alone, Bleuenn listened to the chirps of the forest; letting the cool spring night breeze easing both their worries. Slowly, but surely the boy’s cry’s would turn to sniffs once the pain and worries were placed upon the half witch. Stifling a giggle from the young man’s cute hiccups caused by his past outburst. The ice witch tilted his head up to her soft features before she wiped the boy’s face yet again. “Alright I understand, but all you and your friends have to do is go about your day as normal, can you do that for me”? Giving the young man a smile he would nod his head. “Thank you…”, leaving a long pause as she awkwardly looked at the boy as she did not know his name. Thankfully he caught onto the social cues and with a sniffle spoke his name, Callum. “Thank you, Callum”, giving him a light kiss on the forehead she would attempt to send him on his way after a few more hugs. Waving Callum and the rest of the children good night she would be left alone with a soaked and snot covered shoulder.

Attempting to freeze and clean off the snot from her shoulder; Cassidi would come upon the snot covered ice witch. “Sorry for leaving you with the employer on a bad note, but I don’t think she wants to see me anyway”. Standing off to the side in an attempt to hide the snot that coated her shoulder, Bleuenn would try and fail to look her ally in the eye. As Cassidi asked what they could do next Bleuenn let out a deep sigh. “All we can do is wait and see. Placing any protections could scare the thing away and attempting to find it in a forest we know nothing about would be next to impossible and could lead us or more children to be harmed”. Trying her best to not bring up how Cassidi’s feelings had left them with nothing to go on, but she knew that Cassidi would no doubt blame herself for possibly causing the creature to continue its acts. Her allies' silence on the matter only concerned Bleuenn more as she knew enough about the half werewolf already to know that it was bothering her. However, she had already pushed her boundaries too far and simply agreed to search the perimeter with Cassidi.

Unable to find anything along with Cassidi as the residual magic had long since dissipated. “Even if we have not found anything that does not mean that we will not capture whatever took the children”. Trying her best to keep her companion’s morale high, the two of them would return to the orphanage's interior. Unable to be of any help when it came to architecture, Bleuenn acted as the distraction to allow Cassidi to continue her search unhindered.

Cassidi I know you want to do all you can, but the children exited the front door. They were not spirited away in their bed, they were affected by magical suggestion”. Now that they were alone and away from the children, Bleuenn attempted to try and stop Cassidi from running herself ragged. “A simple watch is all that is needed. We can take turns, I’ll take the night while you the day. We can switch tomorrow if nothing comes of it then we know that it has left allowing us to move on from there”.

Wc: 887
Total: 12747
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:03 pm

Despite Bleuenn trying to uplift her mood, Cassidi's nerves were wound up and tense as she continued to search around the orphanage without making much of a comment. Her sharp golden eyes scanned at every possible area that could be traversed. Nothing! She couldn't pick up anything meaningful. Was she fuckin' stupid? She can't even sniff out a single clue?! Just ... Just relax for a second, you idiot ...  Freaking out is not gonna help anyone ..., She mentally chastised herself. As she took in a deep breath, the white-haired hybrid scratched her head in frustration. Although, Bleu's soothing voice managed to quell her self-depreciation. Cassi sighed as she admitted in a slightly irritated tone, "I understand ... I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything, you know? I can't just help myself. We haven't been able to find much to go on. It's just ... frustrating.".

Leaning back against a wall, Cassidi crossed her arms as she stayed quiet while Bleuenn suggested a watch. "A watch ... Yea, I think that's a good idea..." However, her voice still came across as uncertain and tense. Then, she suddenly asked with furrowed brows, "Where do you think this creature would go if they actually left this place? I mean, what would be another good place to, you know, steal vulnerable people's magical potential or whatever you call it?" Thinking from the perspective of your quarry likely would've been something her family would take pride in. If anything, it made Cassi feel a bit sick to her stomach, but she thought that thinking like their enemy could give the adventurers a hint or two.

Word Count: 272
Total Word Count: 13,019
Tagged:   @Bleuenn Bosser

Last edited by Cassidi on Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cassidi
Cassidi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:53 am

Why would you assume I would know that? Just because I am a half witch, but does not mean I go around stealing children”. Flashing a playful grin, Bleuenn teased her fellow guildmate in an attempt to lift her spirits.

Just a jape I know you don’t think of me that way”. Holding a cheshire smile towards the half werewolf, Bleuenn decided to get back to the topic at hand now that her friend was no longer tearing away at herself.

Pondering on the question for a moment she took in everything that could be seen as somewhat relevant. “There are many places that one could steal magical potential from and it does not have to necessarily be humanoids. However, I think it is safe to say that the reason they are targeting hybrid children is due to the ease and lack of concern for reprisal. Ronna, Callum, and the other two children were all a mix of human, anthro, or gaiyan blood. Now it could be a coincidence, but it is possible they were targeted due to their specific combination”.

Moving to Cassidi’s side while pulling out a map. “I believe they are eldritch. None of the children with eldritch blood and high magical potential were taken. Now it’s just a thought, but I believe they are shying away from other eldritch for a reason, but I don’t have enough to vocalize the why”. Tapping Riverfort, “Close, with plenty of forest and travelers coming in and out either as lovers or pilgrims. It could be a great place to attack unsuspecting travelers with most assuming it to be bandits or monsters. its heavy Fleuve'ir influence means that it no doubt has many havens for the needy that would no doubt attract our quarry”. Tracing her finger towards Crowleigh. “Besides areas within the outer realm… excluding Newdale, Crowleigh is the least likely spot given how the population likes to traverse the wild. Since Newdale was mentioned; the melting pot of races and increased instability could also be a decent target since its true face has been revealed by the Church”. Rolling the map up, Bleuenn went to put it away only halting as she forgot about two other locations that were somewhat small and held similar characteristics to that of Otenshire. “Tilbur is small but is known for its craftsmanship. It brings a lot of attention from other larger territories and adventurers. Mackemm could work but it would be too dangerous for our target. They are not strong enough to fend off the creatures of the unforgiving tundra”.

Feeling as if she had talked for far too long, Bleuenn looked to Cassidi to make sure her companion was not sick of her voice. Waiting in silence the half witch prepared for any questions or suggestions that Cassidi had that may shed some light on the dark corners the ice witch may have overlooked.

Wc: 483
Total: 13503
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:54 pm

A flash of worry crossed Cassidi's face as she started to apologize quickly, "Uh, sorry. I didn't mean-" She suddenly grew silent when the realization that Bleuenn was simply jesting. "Oh, heh ... funny." The white-haired hybrid said in an uncharacteristically shy tone while scratching the back of her head. A faint blush formed on her cheeks before taking a slow breath to calm herself. Why was she so flustered? Glancing away from her companion for a moment, Cassi swiftly regained her composure. Then, her face became stoic as she listened to Bleu's theory. "Mixture of human, anthro, and gaiyan ...? What would be special about having that kind of combination? Maybe they like that particular "blend"? I suppose some hunters can have a particular prey that they enjoy going after..." The young woman's eye twitched at the awkwardness of her statement. It was strange to think of these questions. She felt even odder posing them too.

As Bleuenn explained the possible destinations of their quarry, Cassidi nodded along as a way of showing that she was listening to the half-witch's words. She tapped a finger against her chin in contemplation. Then, she replied, "Okay, so we have many places to go search. Hm, Riverforte may be a good place to start since it's closer to us .... We may be even able to urge other adventurers to help us with this as well. Although considering that there's not much compensation for this task, it may not draw anyone, but it could be worth a shot." The woman shrugged before suggesting, "Would Engloria be a good place to look to? It's a large place, but I know that there are a couple of little towns in the landscape, I believe. What would you suggest that we go to first?"

Word Count: 299
Total Word Count: 13,802
Cassidi
Cassidi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:22 pm

Nothing. I just found it odd that eldritch blood no matter how thin was excluded from the ones that were captured; it’s just a theory just like the rest of what I've said as we have very little to go on”. Confidently stating her lack of knowledge Bleuenn grinned at Cassidi’s suggestion. “I don’t see why not while I doubt Engloria would be its next roost for the same reason as Crowleigh. However, it could prey on the farmlands dotted along the capital giving us at least some information about its whereabouts and heading”.

Stretching, Bleuenn arched her back and tightly closed her eyes followed by a few pops as she readjusted her posture. Releasing an adorable squeal the ice witch refocused on her ally. “ Don’t worry I am sure we’ll find something, but I think you should try to get some rest for your shift as you’ll have to not only watch for the creature but the children as well”. Releasing a smug chuckle to reveal that she gave herself the easier shift while also hiding her true intent behind humor she waved to Cassidi before departing.

----

With her departure from Cassidi, Bleuenn began her nightly patrol throughout the orphanage. For the most part, the building was peaceful save for the creaks and whines of the aged building showing it much needed maintenance.

Fortunately or unfortunately, her encounters were only with a few of the children sneaking out of their beds to only be returned by herself or the Caretaker. After a few more less than hospitable encounters with the Caretaker, Bleuenn decided to retire to the roof for the remainder of the night to avoid any further awkwardness. Making her way to the front entrance she was reminded that using her magic could drive away their target. Releasing a frustrated sigh, the half witch reentered the building to yet again be met with the wrathful eyes of the caretaker.

You should get some rest. I promise that the children will be safe”.

“Why should I trust you as you wanted to use the children as bait”?

Raising her hand in protest only to drop it back down as she knew there was no use arguing with the woman or pointing out that they are prey no matter what they do. Leaving the woman to her own devices Bleuenn made her way to the second floor. Stopping at one of the building’s windows the ice witch would open it. Met with the nightly breeze with the forest's nightly score. Bleuenn would peek her head out of the window to see what she could use for support to scale the wall. Aside from the window sill; many of the compacted stonework jutted out from the wall leading to the rafter. Whispering out a small thanks to the craftsmanship she slowly stepped into the frame backward using her legs as a guide for how much room she had. Gripping the sill with her hands and slowly wiggling out. Bleuenn’s arms tightened as they bore the weight of her entire body. For once she was glad about her small frame as it was fairly easy to hold and lift her body weight. However, the wind and the open window were a fairly difficult obstacle for the less than adept climbing. Thinking back to her childhood, Bleuenn braced her legs on the wall to give her more time to focus on looking for a path.

Catching her feet on some of the stone she carefully circled the windows moving onto the easier part of the climb. Scaling the stone wall she would tap the window closed with her foot almost losing her balance when she overextended herself on the furthest part sending her heart into her throat. Taking a deep breath she slowly calmed herself down and questioned how she was able to do this with so little care when she was younger. With her heart back where it belonged, she continued till she was met with the rafter. Setting herself to the side of the rafter, Bleuenn twisted her body while grabbing onto the extended piece of wood. Pulling her body up she stopped and moved a bit closer to the wall before raising herself again. Slowly and less than gracefully hooking her leg over the rafter the climb had reached its climactic end. Shuffling and pulling herself onto the roof the half witch breathed a sigh of relief making a mental note to never climb a building again.

Resting on the parapet, Bleuenn settled in for the remainder of the night. With her new partial birdseye view of her surroundings, she lay in wait for any signs of magic or movement. Though as the hours passed she soon regretted her actions as not only were they in vain, but she would have to climb down for her perch.

~~~~

Light peaked its way through the window as the sun rose to greet the day. Light hollow tapping echoed throughout the guestroom with its source appearing to come from the window. “Cassidi…. Cassidi open the window please”. Continuing to call out to her ally the tapping would grow louder along with Bleuenn’s voice the longer her actions were ignored.

If or when her ally heeded her words, Cassidi would be met with Bleuenn latched onto the side of the wall on the left side of the orphanage. “Morning I hope you slept well”. Pausing the conversation momentarily, and no doubt leaving her fellow guildmate’s reasonable questions and concerns unanswered; the ice witch slowly made her way under the window. Bleuenn’s pale fingers clawed around the window frame with her body soon following as her ruby eyes locked onto Cassidi as she sat in the window. “Could not use magic and the roof gave the best vantage to watch for anything that may have come for the children”. Still perched in the window resting on her ankles while using her hands for support, Bleuenn waited for a moment in hopes that Cassidi would allow her to enter as she did not want to make it more awkward than it already was as the two hybrids were mere inches from each other.

Wc: 1030
Total: 14832
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:21 pm

Cassidi nodded in agreement at Bleu to take the night shift as she watched her blue-haired companion depart. It took her a few moments to realize what her fellow guild member meant by watching "the creature and the children". When the realization hit the hybrid, her eye twitched in slight annoyance while her shoulders slumped. Well, I'll have to get plenty of rest then. Playing as a watchman and babysitter wasn't exactly what I had in mind... But, somebody's gotta do it, she thought. Cassi stretched her arms and let out a sigh before standing up. And so, off to bed, she goes.

In her dreams, Cassidi saw her mother. It was quite frequent to see the older woman whenever she slept, but this time it felt different. It was one of those rare dreams where she and her mother enjoyed the more peaceful moments while hiding out in the forest. She finally hunted down her first game, cooking it into a firepit. She remembered the toothy she gave her mom as she presented the cooked meat. Oddly, she couldn't recall the woman's smile as much as she could before. It had been a while since Cassi received a message from her mother, and it had been even longer since she actually saw her in person...

Suddenly, Cassidi's eyes snapped open at the light sound of tapping against some glass. Someone was at the window. In a swift motion, the white-haired woman leaned down on the side of her bed, retrieving a hidden dagger underneath it. At the surprising sight of Bleu, she froze as her eyebrow arched in confusion. Walking toward the window, she held the blade at her side as she exhaled deeply. She rubbed her eyes while saying in a slightly groggy tone, "Yea ... I slept okay. I wasn't expecting you to, well, be out here climbing stuff." Sheathing the weapon back at her bedside, she opened the window to let Bleu inside (even helping her if the half-witch needed it). Cassi leaned against a wall, scratching the back of her head. She blinked slowly for her eyes to adjust to the light as she continued, "So, did you see anything while you were up there?". Unfortunately, it sounded like Bleu had seen nothing suspicious during the night shift.

Now, it was onto her morning shift, which was ... pretty uneventful. The children made it a little difficult to keep the focus on her task as a watchman. They constantly brought questions up about Cassidi's adventuring life and quests. To the orphans' dismay, her answers were short. Cass' spirits gradually deteriorated the more she couldn't find any substantial clues. In the next few days, she had kept to herself while Bleu set up the wards or whatever magic protection she was conjuring up. Cassi wasn't too concerned with learning the specifics. One day, she watched from afar as Bleuenn worked on making it snow for the orphanage. If anything counted, at least the kids were in high spirits. And she even saw the once unconscious girl, Ronna, amidst the snowy environment with the worn teddy bear in one hand. Alongside the little girl was Callum, with a sweet smile on his face. And even though she was in a low mood, she pushed out a cheerful façade for the children. The two would soon find their quarry, whoever or whatever it may be.

Word Count: 567
Total Word Count: 15,399
Cassidi
Cassidi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:55 pm

Giggling at her friend’s words as she took Cassidi’s hand. “It was a spur of the moment thing and more so to avoid the caretaker’s icy glare than anything”. Supporting herself with Cassidi’s hand she climbed into the guest room sliding her hand off of her companion’s as she uttered a thank you.

With her shift at an end, Bleuenn began to untie the ribbons that bound her hair and hat; making sure to take a peek at Cassidi’s adorable morning routine. Once the ribbons unfurled out from her pale turquoise locks she smiled as the half witch came upon an interesting discovery. Combing her hair with her fingers she matched her hair style to Cassidi’s just in time for her friend’s question. Turning to Cassidi to begin to answer. Bleuenn ran a finger through the middle of her hair to place the finishing touches in an attempt to match her friend’s hair. “Unfortunately the only thing that happened throughout the night were a few restless children and a not so hospitable host, though that was entirely my fault”. Curling one of the splits of hair she reflected on her night while not so subtly bringing attention to her new hair style. “Well, the highlight of the patrol was discovering the morning routine of a certain half werewolf”. Releasing a deep playful chuckle she tried to start her friend’s day on a light note as she was being far too hard on herself for their lack of progress.

After defending herself from whatever retaliations Cassidi had in store from her, Bleuenn untied her dress and folded it before placing it and her hat on the nearby end table. Slipping under the covers and flashing her ally one last smile, “Try to not let it get to you so much it will cloud your mind and cause things to pile on, one by one and lead to frustration and failure”. With her last bit of advice given, she turned in for the morning.

----

Days passed with no sightings of anything out of the order lead to Cassidi growing more and more frustrated and negative leading to Bleuenn growing more positive in an attempt to ease her guildmate’s concerns.

----

On the fourth and final day, Bleuenn set up an area of protection with glyphs dotting throughout the walls of the orphanage to help stave off any future threats to the orphanage.

True to her word the ice witch covered the outside in a blanket of snow, forming an ice rink and all manner of snowy sculptures for the children to play in. Despite her and the caretaking staking and playing with the children, Cassidi remained stoic only planting a false smile across her face when the children interacted with her.

Tossing a snowball at Cassidi, Bleuenn would ready another one in preparation for her ally’s retaliation. “Crestfallen Cassy, I am supposed to be the serious one”! Tossing another snowball in the half werewolf’s direction. Bleuenn grinned at her friend while taking cover in one of the snow forts. "Looks like you are outmatched as I have the terrain advantage"! Sticking her tongue out the half witch would try to goad her friend and the other children into siding with Cassidi to take the fort.

Wc: 544
Total: 15943
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:03 pm

Cassidi was a little too business being inside her own head to notice the incoming snowball. She flinched as the icy ball hits her left cheek. Of course, it hadn't hurt, but the sudden coldness hitting against her skin brought the young woman out of her thoughts. The steely expression she donned on broke as she rubbed her eyes, trying to get the slushy snow off of her face. Thankfully, she was aware enough of her surroundings to dodge the second snowball coming at her. The white-haired hybrid blinked several times in surprise while looking over at Bleuenn. Then Cassi's look of shock turned into a soft chuckle as her mouth shaped into a small smile.

Crouching down on the ground, Cassidi collected some snow in her hands before approaching closer to Bleu. "Advantage, huh? We'll see about that..." As her gaze fell on the group of children near herself, she said in a light tone while pointing toward the taunting half-witch. "Hey, you guys really gonna let her take your fort? Come on, we can get it back!" Some kids leaped up at the challenge of getting into the snow fort as they sided with Cassi. Strangely enough, she felt good at engaging in this child-like play. It was kind of goofy, although it was a pleasant change from her usual subjection to self-depreciation.

Even though their quarry fled their capture, Cassidi still held onto the belief of bringing the assailant to justice. And because the two adventurers made a good and determined team so far, they would likely find some kind of clue to their enemy's whereabouts. She was starting to feel pretty certain of that.

Word Count: 278
Total Word Count: 16,221

Total WC: 16,221
Turn in as 3x Apprentice Quests, 2000 Wc each (due to two participants in the quest).
Turn in as 2x Initiate Quests, 5000 Wc each (due to two participants in the quest)
Word excess: 221
Cassidi
Cassidi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum