Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Lost Ones [Bleuenn] WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» Face Claim List
by Darasu Today at 3:56 am

» Clan Alkyll
by Nessa Cordelia Lux Yesterday at 7:05 pm

» Character App. Submissions Thread
by Nessa Cordelia Lux Yesterday at 6:49 pm

» Country Girl (Bleuenn & Shane)
by Shane Yesterday at 2:01 pm

» New Friends! [Luchta]
by Iris Yesterday at 10:06 am

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Donations

Lost Ones [Bleuenn]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lost Ones [Bleuenn] Empty Lost Ones [Bleuenn]

Post by Cassidi Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:27 am

Lost Ones [Bleuenn] YAUKZcq

Following one of the caretakers through the quaint orphanage, Cassidi took time to look about the foundling home for hybrids. It had the necessities to shelter orphaned children. It had a fairly sized dining area with a couple of rows of long tables, a spacious bedroom area for the kids to sleep in, a play area, a communal bathroom and kitchen, and a large classroom. As they walked around, a gaggle of orphans surrounded Cassi during the tour of the home. It wasn't often that they had adventurers visit them, so of course, they talked her ear off about what grand adventures she's had and any stories she could tell. The caretaker hushed the children as she ushered the young adventurer out of the building before closing the door behind her.

The caretaker gave Cassidi a nervous smile while apologizing, "Sorry about that. The kids can be a handful but they're sweet."

Cassi allowed a soft smile to form on her face as she waved her hand dismissively. "It's no big deal. They seem ... pretty well-cared for." There was relief lacing her voice. She was so familiar with seeing the distressed faces of hybrid urchins on the streets that it was a welcoming change to witness them being cared for by others. Unfortunately, one of the few havens for them no longer exuded a sense of security. Not when four orphans have suddenly gone missing from their beds at night. Cassidi cleared her throat and asked, "So, it was just those four that have gone missing?"

"Yes. They were accounted for in their beds at night, but the next morning they were gone. We've asked around to see if anyone has seen them. We've heard a few rumors about a group of kids walking with a shrouded figure that night. We're not quite sure who or what it is, but most of the people believe they're heading in the direction of an overgrown ranch ways away from here." The caretaker explained.

Cassidi couldn't help but arch her brow in curiosity, "Overgrown? Does that mean that nobody lives at this ranch?".

"Correct, although there has been some tales that someone or, I guess, odd individuals inhabiting the place. Some think it's spirits or some such. Honestly, I don't really care what's there. As long as we get our kids back, that's all I care about." The caregiver clarifies while wringing her hands nervously, "It's been hard to find anyone to help. We ... We don't have too much to offer. But, thankfully, we found another adventurer besides yourself to find them. Maybe, you two could work together. As the saying goes, two heads are better than one." The caregiver would then give a brief description of the missing four orphans and the location of this supposedly abandoned ranch. Then, he described the other adventurer that might be there. A young woman (similar looking to Cassi's age) with long turquoise pigtails, porcelain skin, and strikingly ruby-colored eyes. It certainly sounded like a person hard to miss to Cassidi. After her conversation with the caretaker, the white-haired adventurer left the orphanage and began her trip.

Lost Ones [Bleuenn] BiYK2I0

Once she arrived at her destination, Cassidi's eyes scanned her surroundings. The entire ranch looked as if it was completely overtaken by nature itself. The buildings were rugged and seemed too precarious for anyone to live inside. There was even a few large trees peeking through one of the farm buildings. Were the lost children here? Maybe, but she'll need to check around for any indication of their presence here. Not to mention, there might be a fellow adventurer here as well. She might've already beat them to it here, or they could be currently looking about this verdant yet bosky farmstead. Either way, Cassi proceeded with caution into the center of the farmplace.

Word Count: 630
Total Word Count: 630
Tagged:  @Bleuenn Bosser

Last edited by Cassidi on Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Cassidi
Cassidi

VylderGold : 68

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lost Ones [Bleuenn] Empty Re: Lost Ones [Bleuenn]

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:21 am

Breaching the less than travel road that the wood tried to reclaim, Bleuenn scanned the surroundings of the long abandoned ranch. True to the caretaker’s word the ranch had not seen a touch of hard labor as the wood had been at work reclaiming it’s lost brethren. However, not to the fault of her panicked employee, Bleuenn had been following the faint workings of magic which had taken centerfold among the humbled ranch.

Following along the tiny bare tracks marking her own alongside of them measuring her mildly large footprint to the groups. Continuing to plot out a route, the uniformity for the group of children’s tracks mixed with the warped weave of magic in the air confirmed Bleuenn’s suspicions of a magically influence as even with adult supervision children were never that coordinated.

Suddenly feeling the loss of the manipulative magic the half witch halted her march just before the middle of the ranch as an odd sight stared back at her. Meeting the fuzzy objects blackened eyes with her own, Bleuenn released a pulse of magic as she looked around. Rapidly switching her perspective. Bleuenn readied multiple spells just in case. Confident that she landed in whatever took the children's trap. Bleuenn doubted the thing in question intent was to capture as it did not seem to be a fan of those above adolescence. Keeping her guard up and waiting for the creature to strike. The continued peace and silence did nothing for her as she looked back to the teddy bear that continued to survey the paranoid hybrid. Despite everything telling her that something felt wrong. Bleuenn, cautiously, sluggish approached the lone bear as it outstretched arms longed for the touch of it’s missing owner. Still after nothing had given her any inkling into thinking that the unassuming stuffed toy had any ill intent; Bleuenn cradled the bear and lifted it up with a pedestal of ice as a final test just before she entered within arms reach of the battered yet still welcoming toy. Glancing at the toy as it rose from the ground, the half witch was just a bit disappointed at the anticlimactic result as she took the well loved bear into her arms.

Stroking and raising the toy into eye level a embarrassed chuff exited out of the hybrid as she was glad no one saw her overreaction towards a simple child’s companion. “If only you could talk, I would have at least some idea of where your ward was taken”. Giving the brave protector a smile and a light squeeze; she was about to continue her scratch when her magic notified her of another form coming from behind her. Quickly tucking the bear safely under her arm, Bleuenn quickly camouflaged herself with her magic to await her possible foe. Remaining as still as possible to better conceal herself. She laid a trap of her own to whoever or whatever would appear.

Slowing her breath and taking breaths only when needed, her follower soon appeared. Bleuenn’s ruby eyes locked onto the person as they exited from the same path she had taken. Perhaps another orphan, an older sibling or at the very least a sit in for one. Keeping her ruby eyes on the snow haired woman. Bleuenn would collect as much info as she could before deciding the woman’s fate. While time was the essence, carelessness could lead to her death, sealing the children's fate as who besides a hybrid like herself help other hybrids. Following the dark skinned woman’s movements, her skin tone made her think of the child like Daiko who fought with her so long ago. Looking into the stranger’s topaz eyes, Bleuenn steeled herself to speak as the woman seemed to be looking for something instead of confidently moving towards an intended goal.

Stay your approach! While I do not believe you to be a foe, please confirm or deny my remaining suspicion"! Holding her ground and her relative obscurity, Bleuenn spoke plainly and with as much authority as her voice availed her as she awaited the woman’s response with magic at the ready.

Wc: 686
Total: 1316
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

VylderGold : 89354

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:12 pm

Cassidi's eyes were focused as they looked around the abandoned ranch. While she wasn't a trained investigator, the young adventurer had her heightened sense of smell and hearing that'd be a great asset to use in this situation. As she kneeled on the mossy ground, her nose twitched every so often while picking up a variety of different scents. She was able to sniff out a stray rabbit that was likely hopping about in search of food. She heard a group of birds flapping their wings as they flew out of the treelines. Then, she suddenly caught a whiff of an odd yet familiar scent. It was strange in the sense that it hadn't smelled quite human or even an Eldritch. It was somewhat similar to how Cassi's smells. From her perspective, hybrids almost always had this funny scent to them. It was an unusual combination of multiple species' scents that intermixed to create an entirely new odor. It wasn't necessarily good or bad. Maybe, it's another hybrid? Hopefully, it was one of the missing orphans.

Although, Cassidi's concentration broke when she heard a clear, feminine voice.
“Stay your approach! While I do not believe you to be a foe, please confirm or deny my remaining suspicion!"
Without any hesitation, Cassi pulled out Dawn and Dusk as she held them defensively. A faint glint shined across the metal of her twin daggers in the daylight as she kept herself calm. Despite her golden eyes searching about quickly, the young adventurer couldn't spot this stranger. However, she soon realized that the odd scent she smelled earlier came from the presence of this newcomer. The memory of the caretaker mentioning another adventurer embarking on this particular quest came to her mind. It's possible that this mysterious person was them. Still, it was wise to stay on the side of caution. Cassidi's voice rang out steady and slightly deep for a young woman, "I'm not a foe. I'm not here to hurt anyone either. In fact, I'm looking for missing people. Specifically missing children."

Word Count: 321
Total Word Count: 1,637
Tagged:
 @Bleuenn Bosser

Last edited by Cassidi on Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cassidi
Cassidi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:30 pm

The stranger’s shift to a defensive stance was expected as it is exactly what she would have in fact unlike herself the woman had an actual tangible threat to react to unlike her previous overreaction. Holding her ground, Bleuenn gave the woman another once over once she had her weapons’ drawn. By her looks she would have thought that the woman was a human warrior. Though the way she led with her nose and ears made it clear that she had far better senses than a human. The obvious go to, would be to either an inu or neko. However, why would the woman hide her true appearance alone? No, it was far more likely that the enigma that stood before her was a werewolf and either a novice adventurer or a poorly paid one.

Frizzling away her magic, the half witch was mostly positive that the person in front of her was not an enemy. Opening her mouth to speak to only close it again as she listened to the now confirmed ally speak. “So we are the same then”, Releasing her spell the ice armor that glinted along her skin and hair returned to a more visible sight to fully reveal it’s owner staring back at the dark skinned woman. Pausing for a moment to allow her possible companion to get a better look at her, before Bleuenn would continue. “I doubt you would be able to keep your word as the children did not simply wander off”. Raising the teddy bear up she slowly approached her new ally. “There is or was corrupting magic leading from the orphaned to here. However, not only has that trail gone cold, but the barefoot tracks as well". Stopping just shy of the woman, Bleuenn’s eyes remained on her new partner as she held the teddy bear out to her. “I’m out of options, but since you seem to be able to smell me even through my magical defenses perhaps you can lead us to the children”.

Wc: 336
Total: 1972
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:53 am

Letting out a soft sigh, Cassidi lowered her daggers, but she hadn't sheathed the weapons yet. Well, at least the other adventurer wasn't the type to stab first and ask questions later. Then, her eyes began to readjust while the stranger's magic dissipated away from their skin. As the view gradually became clear, it revealed the appearance of a young turquoise-haired woman with ruby eyes. Yep, the caregiver's description perfectly matched the person before her. Even though the other woman appeared friendly enough, the white-haired hybrid couldn't get over the other's scent. It smelled like a human, obviously. However, the aroma of a witch hit her nose as well. A slight tremble coursed through one of her hands, although she kept a cool head. "Yea, we have the same goal. Unfortunately, I haven't had much success though." She said with a hint of sheepishness in her voice. Coming across as a naive and greenish adventurer wasn't the impression she wanted to give off.

Cassidi side-eyed the newcomer before suppressing her discomfort and suspicion. "Corrupting magic? So, did some spell lure these kids here? I'm not particularly familiar with magic itself, but that sounds like a real sinister ability..." Her voice trailed off as the white-haired woman's mind worried about the physical and emotional condition of the lost children. After all, the overgrown ranch looked pretty precarious for most people to traverse through. She only hoped that the kids were relatively okay. Then, her eyes snapped back to see the worn teddy bear in the other woman's hand. She tentatively reached out to grab the stuffed toy, staring at it intently. Looking back at the mysterious magic user, Cassi spoke while sniffing the child's toy, "Thanks. This might help narrow it down." And just like that, she picked up that peculiar odor once again, gesturing to the blue-haired adventurer to follow her as she led the way. As she walked, Cassidi glanced back to the other woman to ask in a cautious tone, "So, what's your name? If you don't mind me asking. I certainly don't wanna be calling you lady or whatever."

Word Count: 352
Total Word Count: 2,324
Tagged:
 @Bleuenn Bosser

Cassidi
Cassidi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:16 pm

Returning her hand to her side as the more than likely werewolf gained the scent. “No thanks are needed as we have the same goal. I should be the one who is thankful as I’d have to resort to a grid in hopes of finding them”. Flashing her ally a light smile; Bleuenn tried to raise the spirits of her fellow guildmate as thanks for accepting a mission that most would simply ignore.

It took no time at all for her new ally to gain the scent. Following the tanned werewolf, she thought about how to better explain the magic that was at play and also what they could be faced with. Just as she was about to speak, her new associate cut her off with an oddly cautious tone. Simply apologizing and letting her ally continue. Listening to her ally, Bleuenn thought on not only the strange tone but the early tremble upon their first conversation. I know that werewolves are treated poorly by even fellow eldritch. Is she scared of me because of my eldritch half? Pondering more on the parties’ current leader. Her ruby eyes scrolled up towards the girl’s own citrine eyes as she seemed to be waiting for her response. With a few blinks and a pause in her steps, Bleuenn cleared her throat in an attempt to clear the awkward moment. “No, I don’t mind, besides I neither a knight nor a person of high standing just a nothing more than Bleuenn Bosser a simple somewhat established adventurer”.

Returning to her thought she glanced down at the woman’s equipment once again. “ Forgive me for assuming, but your armor seems to be very similar to that of newly minted members of the guild. Are you a fellow member”? Waiting for an answer, Bleuenn simply looked at her guildmate’s face without any judgment or distaste that many experienced members would hold towards a novice. Perhaps the half witch was the odd one, well she knew she was the odd one out. However, she knew how hard it was to start; even more so due to her nature. Nevertheless the hardships she endured made her want to help others in her situation which in turn lead to her meeting many wonderful people including her love.

Wc: 379
Total: 2703

Last edited by Bleuenn Bosser on Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:33 pm

Cassidi tilted her head slightly at the mention of the blue-haired woman's name. "Bleuenn Bosser? That's an odd name, but it's pretty. Has anyone ever called you Bluey before?" She replied in a light tone. Her shoulders began to relax before she continued to introduce herself, "Anyway, you can call me Cassidi. Cassi for short if you want." Despite the two's conversation being easy-going, her nerves were spiking just a bit. Meeting new people, especially her fellow adventurers, usually made her feel pretty self-conscious. Although the more she was in Bleuenn's presence, the more she realized how calming this newcomer was. With that, Cassi's steely expression started to soften.

Looking down at her adventurer gear, Cassidi nodded as she answered Bleuenn's question, "That's right. I joined the Adventurers Guild a couple of months ago. I guess it's fair to assume you're a member too, right?" The white-haired adventurer then sniffed the air as she looked the other up and down. "Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I don't often smell someone like you..." She said, alluding to learning about the other's hybrid-like scent. Considering her short time as an adventurer, Hybrids weren't much of a common sight in the guild. Honestly, she couldn't blame them. Dealing with prejudice and condescending remarks wouldn't change by simply becoming a member of AG. Cassi remembered keeping her anger at bay when one adventurer referred to her as a "half mutt". It was a stupid term, but it stung a little to recall the memory. Scratching the back of her head shyly, she glanced down at the teddy bear in her hand as she spoke, "Your scent is kind of similar to mine. A hybrid, right?" She was confident of what the answer would be. Still, she wanted confirmation from the source.

Word Count: 301
Total Word Count: 3,004
Tagged:
 @Bleuenn Bosser

Cassidi
Cassidi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:00 pm

Bombarded with odd response after response. Bleuenn’s mouth hung slightly agape from Cassidi’s brazen mannerisms. Not only has she been given a nickname, but her true nature was sniffed out in both senses. Closing her mouth the half witch was at a loss for words as she has never been sniffed before nor accused so innocently before. Rising a hand towards Cassidi while taking in a bit of air. Bleuenn calmed herself as the first thought of, ‘focus on the children’s scent not mine’ would do nothing but cause dissent between the two of them.

Similar to yours? Meaning that you are a hybrid as well”? Releasing a sigh as she gulped down her fear and annoyance with her less than socially adept kinswoman. “Yes, I suppose that makes sense as who else but another hybrid would look out for another hybrid”. Giving Cassidi a halfhearted glance before looking to the woodlands to keep an eye out for anything besides her current company. “I would rather not say, but since you already outed yourself as one I might as well show you the same courtesy”. Holding back her response, her personal feelings and years upon years of built up protections made it hard for her to answer even to another hybrid. “.... human and witch”. Quickly blurting out her genetic makeup she would change topics immediately. “As to your concern about corrupting magic.. I should have rephrased that for someone with less knowledge on the subject. Technically all magic could be seen as corrupt since you are bending reality to your will”.

Thinking on the many methods of going about casting magic she quickly realized she had gotten off topic as magical theory was not important to the task or Cassidi. “Anyway, from what I gathered from the spell, the person or thing that took the children had to have been in close contact or created a connection with the children prior to their disappearance. In short, we are probably dealing with something well versed or naturally gifted with magic”. Though even with her knowledge and experience, Bleuenn had no idea what they could be up against as many things could fit the bill even witches.

Wc: 366
Total: 3370
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:28 pm

Cassidi cringed mentally at her ineptness during this conversation. Of course, she'd eventually say something to put off Bleuenn... She really should keep her mouth shut sometimes (well, maybe most of the time), but the curiosity got the best of her. The missing kids must take priority instead of her asking strange and blunt questions. Once the blue-haired adventurer revealed her race, she uttered out smoothly her genetic makeup, "Human and werewolf ...".

After that, Cassi stayed silent and focused on the scent trail from the worn stuffed toy in her hands. Her ears took in the half-witch's explanation of this "corrupting magic". The power to bend reality itself. The fact that someone can have such an incredibly destructive ability sent shivers down her spine. Suddenly, an image of her mother's rugged face came to mind. The mother in her mind was retelling the story of their family's loathsome history and then ... the curse. However, Cassidi pushed down those fearful and irrational feelings. Without looking back, the white-haired hybrid said softly, "If we're dealing with something wielding magic, then it's good that you're here. I'd be useless so it's great to have someone who knows magic." Abruptly, her nose twitched and her ears picked up faint noises coming from up ahead. "I think we're getting closer." Cassi forewarned her companion as her eyes harden. Then, she lightened her steps while approaching.

Word Count: 232
Total Word Count: 3,602
Tagged:
 @Bleuenn Bosser

Last edited by Cassidi on Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cassidi
Cassidi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:01 pm

Looking back at Cassidi with confusion as she commented on how she would be useless. “Not at all sure a fighter has quite a hill to climb to deal with a magic user. However, more complex spells require time and concentration to cast. If you keep pressuring them and have them place all their focus on their own safety you can lead the fight and exploiter and opportunise on their mistakes”. Raising and twisting her arm a brilliant luster shone across her skin. “However, you are not alone as you said. I can help you in support as well and even place the same spell that I used early on you to have a better chance of surprising the captor”. Bleuenn knew Cassidi was new to adventuring, but she did not expect her to be far less knowledgeable on magic and how to deal with its users. Though even so, she tried her best to educate her fellow guildmember and hybrid as it could be possible that Cassidi had no one to teach and nurture herself akin to what her grandfather did for her. Squinting her eyes, Bleuenn could almost feel the loneliness that Cassidi must have felt. The half witch could understand most of what she had gone through, but at least she had someone to look after her. Not only that, but her werewolf blood added yet another layer of discrimination on top of her already poorly dealt hand.

Losing her focus, Cassidi quickly brought her attention back to the task at hand. Shaking her head Bleuenn refocused on the safety of the children as they deserved to live and be loved no matter the blood that ran through their veins. Shuffling closer to Cassidi and keeping her voice to a whisper. “How do you want to go about? Do you want me to place the spell on you so we can scout out the area without being seen? Or do you want to try a more direct approach? It’s fast, but no doubt a magical being is smart enough to lay traps. However, since they are magical I can detect and remove them to allow us to surprise and deal with the creature or creatures far more easily”?

Wc: 371
Total: 3973
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:33 pm

While maintaining a careful pace, Cassidi's ears perked a bit as she listened to Bleunenn's advice on dealing with magical users. She would be taking notes if not the fact that a cute teddy bear was in her hands. Still, it was good to receive some guidance from another adventurer. And most importantly, Bleu didn't seem to talk down to Cassi for her lack of knowledge on the subject of magic. Most of the guild members she came across were dismissive or annoyed by her inexperience and social ineptness. Thankfully, the blue-haired half-witch was expressing great patience in dealing with her oddities and greenhorn status. Maybe if Cassidi had the chance after the quest (and if Bleu continued to tolerate her presence), then she could ask more questions about magic. Despite the fact that the hybrid held no potential for those particular abilities, she rarely learned much about it when she was a child.

Focusing back on the task at hand, Cassidi looked back at Bleunenn to whisper, "I think you should try to get rid of those magic-y traps. I can't exactly sniff out that kind of stuff. That should make things easier to move about without attracting too much attention. Then, you can cast that spell to help me sneak better alongside you. Um ... does this sound good?" The white-haired hybrid's voice came out tentative. It wasn't often that people would follow her lead in these kinds of situations. But, Bleu seemed to have no apparent argument against her plan. And that's when the blue-haired witch started to, well, do her magic. Slowly, the illusions in their surroundings began to dissipate, revealing numerous nasty-looking traps. There were plenty of large bear traps scattered about along with a few pitfalls in the area. After dispelling other magical triggers that could potentially harm them, Bleunenn cast the spell she used earlier on herself and Cassi, making the two adventurers relatively obscure from sight.

As the two navigated around the traps carefully, the scent that Cassidi caught moments ago became stronger. It was that hybrid smell once again. And  ever so faintly, she could hear the sound of a child weeping. Eventually, she spotted something strange.

Lost Ones [Bleuenn] VBt2ZnY

About hundred feet away from them, there was a shallow cave with tangled vines shrouding whatever is inside of it. Her nose twitched once more. Cassi could tell that the smell was coming from the cave. And, the sound of the weeping child was coming from there as well. Suddenly, she steeled herself as she pointed out the direction of the cavern to her companion, "There. I can hear them. One of them. A child. Maybe one of the orphans."

Word Count: 446
Total Word Count: 4,419

Last edited by Cassidi on Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cassidi
Cassidi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:43 am

Not a bad plan, however,” Looking past Cassidi Bleuenn’s eyes glowed with ethereal magic. Moving to the front the half witch examined the open area for the ‘magicy traps’ and just magic in general that her tanned ally seemed so deathly afraid of. It did not take long for her senses to pick up not only the same type of magic she had felt before along with an odd discovery. “I did not expect such simple illusions with conventual traps”.

Shuffling back to Cassidi’s side she looked to her ally with relief mixed with a bit of confusion. “ While I expected something or someone that is able to sway the minds of others. The fact that they are unable to place even the most basic of magical traps means one of two things* Raising both her with one fingers extended Bleuenn continued her explanation. “It could be that magical item was used to sway the minds of the children or they are only able to sway the minds of young children as they are more susceptible to influence” Lowering one of her fingers to signal the end of her first theory. “Or since there is basic magic and the mundane at work it could be a group of people working together, perhaps slavers as hybrids are easy targets”. Digging into her finger with her thumb at the thought of the children being bought and sold to the highest bidder like cattle. The very thought stirred a fire in the usually cool Bleuenn. The more she thought on it the more memories of the times she almost fell into the possession of another.

With clenched teeth and slowed breath, she pushed down her hatred to regain her sense. Not even looking back towards the area, Bleuenn simply snapped her fingers. Within an instant the once obscured traps were now not only fully visible but actively revealing their position to Cassidi and herself. “I bet they will never expect that a hybrid not only reversed the effect of their magic but also still made them believe that their illusion was still at work”. Smirking Bleuenn took out a bit of her anger towards the magic user. With a shake of her head, Bleuenn simply patted Cassidi as she moved behind her guildmate. Though the pat was not just a simple reassurance of their success as a thin layer of ice would crawl along the woman’s tanned skin and clothes, shifted and reflecting the light till she blended in with her surroundings. “Whenever your nose is ready to lead us”.

Following Cassidi, Bleuenn made sure to stay close to her ally. While Bleuenn could see her ally she was practically invisible to Cassidi; a issue that she will have to fix upon later use towards cooperation with future allies. Once her ally spoke, Bleuenn’s eyes looked to the cavern hidden by overgrowth. Closing off her heart to the child’s sobbing, “It’s possible though it could be another trick let me take the lead again". Moving to the head of their duo the half witch moved to the side of the cavern’s opening. Not taking any chances she peeked into the opening looking for the children and their captors. Scanning the small uneven terrain, her eyes were met with the children. Checking the magic once again not only showed that they were indeed children, but something far darker. Flattening herself against the wall she looked over to Cassidi removing the camouflage for the both of them. “It’s safe nothing is there, but the children”. Letting Cassidi take the lead Bleuenn took in a deep breath and sighed before following behind.

Regrouping with Cassidi, Bleuenn’s ruby eyes merely looked at her ally who was of course concerned about the two that were not crying and the one that was passed out. Glancing down for a moment she prepared herself for the worst. “They are fine, for the most part, however, their magic affinity has been taken from them”. Letting her words sit for a moment to allow Cassidi to take in what she had just relied to her. “Taken, which means that it can be returned. To do that all we have to do is nothing. Wait for it to return and put an end to this creature’s reign of terror”. Turning her back on the children and Cassidi she went to undo the changes to the creature’s magic, but to mostly leave the cavern as she could not face Cassidi nor the children that pleaded for help.

Wc: 754
Total: 5173
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:34 am

As she recalled Bleunenn's theories of the assailant's identity, Cassidi felt a wave of disgust course through her body. The fact that someone would exploit mere children brought her to a boiling point. However, she kept her composure by taking a deep breath. Once her blue-haired companion came back to inform her that the coast was clear, Cassi braced herself for what state the children could be in. Getting a clear view into the cave, the orphans ... looked quite rough. In the rugged wooden cage, there were two boys and two girls. Their well-worn clothes were ruined from grass and grim. The weeping child belonged to one of the boys who was curled up in a corner, covering his face with his hands. The two who were silent, another boy and a girl, sat in the middle while they looked down at the cavern floor. Their faces were distant, almost as if they were in a different world. Then, she witnessed the other girl flat on the ground with her eyes closed. From her current angle, it seemed like the little girl was completely unconscious.

Cassidi's eyes broke away from the despairing scene once Bleuenn voiced her proposition. It took the white-haired hybrid some time to process her associate's words. Perhaps, it would've been smarter to stay here to end whatever twisted individual had done this. But, Cassi couldn't shut down her emotional side that sympathized with the children's sorrow. Especially when it was so hard to ignore the sight right in front of her. Then, Cassidi spoke to Bleu in a slightly low-spirited tone, "You may think that I'm an idiot for this ... but these kids. I don't think I want them to go through this any longer than they need to... Maybe, we'll have a chance to find whoever-" She gestured in distaste toward the children's haggard conditions, "did this in due time...". She was painfully aware that doing this would make it unlikely that they'd capture their secretive foe. At least, not any time soon. Although, that's something that'll be dealt with another time.

Breaking open the wooden cage door, Cassidi stepped inside, moving closer to the group of children. The hybrid orphans moved to one corner as the young adventurer walked to check on the unconscious girl's pulse. It was slow but present. Thank Fleuve'ir! It took some time to coax the three other kids to trust Cassi, but they eventually ended up following. Most likely out in fear of continuing to stay in this grimy cave any longer. Carrying the passed-out child in her arms, Cassidi exited out of the cavern as the children slowly followed behind.

When Cassi and the children reached back to Bleuenn, the weeping boy spoke up in a shaky voice as he looked up at the strange women, "Are you two ... adventurers? You actually came to save us? Really?".

Cassidi had readjusted the unconscious girl in her hold before saying with a soft smile, "Yes, we are. And, you're safe with us.". The children were still silent and hesitant, probably in disbelief of anyone being willing to find them. Then, Cassi looked over at Bleu to take note of her reaction.

Word Count: 534
Total Word Count: 5,707
Tagged:   @Bleuenn Bosser

Last edited by Cassidi on Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:57 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling and grammar check)
Cassidi
Cassidi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:55 am

Side eyeing the wolf the half witch’s mouth creaked into a trembling smile for a mere moment at her kindred guildmate. “What I think does not matter you are the reason we were even able to find the children before it was too late”. Turning back and continuing to walk away, “It was your right, and you chose a path that could very well lead to more suffering. Let’s pray that the creature has more greed than sense. Although you are right there is always a chance and I have not given up yet”. Leaving the mouth of the cavern, Bleuenn waited for the Children and Cassidi as she kept a lookout in hopes that the creature would make it easier for them.

Bleuenn’s ruby eyes focused on Cassidi holding the unconscious child. Trailing the woman as she passed she added nothing to their previous conversation as she had said all she needed to say. As the others passed, Bleuenn pushed off with her back as a pointer made of ice formed in her hand. Turning around she would be met with the last boy who looked up to her. Half starved and barely able to spoke with both his body and mind at their limit. However, he pushed on still believe that he and his friends were simply being traded off rather than saved. Remaining silent Bleu stared at the child as she saw herself in the boy and how he would no doubt suffer more than her now that he had lost a part of himself.

Unsure what to say she felt slight relief over the crushing guilt at her focus towards logic over emotion like her current ally. “The woman over there, Cassidi is the one who you should be thanking, not I". Stepping aside and letting the boy pass, Bleuenn remained behind to place a trap of her own. Scrawling on the ground leading to the entrance of the cavern the half witch drew a magic circle in the ground before filling it with a spell of her own. Taking a small vial out she filled in the tracings with silver dust. Turning around and with a simple wave, the magic circle disappeared along with the traps at Bleuenn’s passing.

Meeting up with the group she would look to the remaining children who were in no shape to be traveling on what little strength remain. Stabbing the ice pointer into the ground it grew and split curling into a small sled big enough for the three remaining children. With a clap, Bleuenn grinned at the children while taking on the playful voice of a coachwoman. “Take your seats you lady, and sirs your chariot has arrived”!

Wc: 450
Total: 6157
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:46 pm

Cassidi remained quiet as she focused her attention on the unconscious girl in her arms. The white-haired hybrid moved strands of hair away from the little one's face. The girl's face was scratched in a few areas, likely from navigating the piney forest while in their kidnapper's trance. Looking down at the other children, they were skittish of their surroundings but a bit more at ease due to the presence of Bleu and Cassi. The weeping boy relaxed his tense shoulders as he looked up at the adventurers. Wiping his tears away, he muttered out a soft, "Thank you ...". Gradually, the other boy and girl started to break out of their distant daze. The two orphans kept an eye on their rescuers. Even though they were weary, they couldn't bring themselves to completely trust these adults who've found them. It was disheartening to see the distrust in these kids' eyes, but she hardly blamed them. They've been through too much to be so trusting of anyone.

Feeling a soft tug on her leg, Cassidi glanced down to see the teary-eyed boy. His quivering voice came out urgent while pointing at the child in the white-haired woman's hold, "Excuse me, Miss? Please ... please don't drop Ronna's bear. I want him to be with her when she wakes." Arching her brow in confusion, she stared at the boy for a few moments before she realized what he was referring to. It was the clue that guided them to the lost children. The teddy bear. She pulled out the old stuffed animal from her leathered leg pouch. Cassi positioned the small bear in the unconscious girl's arms as if the little hybrid was hugging the toy.

Giving the orphan a gentle look, Cassidi reassured him, "There. He's safely in Ronna's hands. He'll be with her. Don't worry.". In response, the weeping boy's mouth turned upward slightly, forming a faint smile. Just seeing that simple gesture lifted her mood. Then, Bleunen furthered lightened the gloomy atmosphere. With her powers, Bleu summoned a sled that was sculpted entirely by her icy magic. It never ceased to amaze Cassi how marveling magic can be (regardless of its destructive capabilities).

Instantly, the three children were drawn to the charming sight of the small frosty sleigh. Their eyes filled with complete wonder by the display. "W-Woah, that's so freakin' cool! And it's ... really pretty!" The other orphan girl exclaimed brightly despite the rasp in her voice.

Cassidi's grin widened as she nodded her head to Bleunenn, urging them to get on the sled. "You heard the lady, guys. Your chariot awaits you.". All three of the child hurried to sit in their ride. Excited by Bleu's magic, they began to ask many questions about it to the blue-haired half-witch. They were curious if she could make it snow at their orphanage or make a giant snowman that they've read in one of their children's books. It was great to see the kids revert to a child-like glee, even if it stays for a short time. Aside from the hybrid childrens' pleasant chatter, the trek back to the orphanage was calm and peaceful.

Word Count: 527
Total Word Count: 6,684

Last edited by Cassidi on Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:59 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Trying to check for spelling and grammar errors)
Cassidi
Cassidi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:21 pm

Bleuenn kept her eyes on the children as they boarded, helping any of the children who required it. Hosting up the young man who spoke to her, the half witch’s eyes made contact with Cassidi as she nodded to her. For a moment the luster from Bleuenn’s eyes faded as she quickly looked away out of shame and guilt. Seating the young man she was immediately bombarded with praise and questions from the children. Backing off and raising her hands, “One at a time I can only answer one question at a time”. Gently coaxing the children to ask in turns Bleuenn looked to the boy who asked about changing the weather. “I can change the weather to make it snow, but it is unwise as it can affect the ecosystem. I could localize the change to a small area though it is better to simply change the area to appear as if snow has fallen”. Peering back at the children the dreaded why was recited back to her. However, unlike most Bleuenn was more than willing to answer any questions about magic as she took the icy reins. Turning away and pulling the sled, ice would form under the sled along with every step Bleuenn took.

Well, that is a bit of a difficult question as there are many reasons as to why you would try to cause as little change as possible. Of course, there are effects on the physical level, but bending and shaping the world to your whims is not something to be taken lightly. Magic is a very complex and often dangerous subject that needs to be respected. It’s not simply tossing your hands out and thinking about what you want to produce, no it is a part of your being and the soul of the very ground we stand on right now. Though most do not truly know the truth about magic and do not care as they only see the effect, not the cause. Magic is just as much a part of you as it is the heart of Vyldermire. Without the flow of mana through the ley lines, life and this very world would have never come to be what it is today”.

Pausing as she realized that she was going on a tangent about magic once again. Bleuenn look to the children who seemed to be fixated on her with a mix of interest and confusion. Scanning the children for a moment longer the half witch wondered if she should keep going on about the basics of magic as most tended to hate her rants. Turning her head to cough out the awkwardness, “Anyway to answer the questions yes I could do the things you asked, but the question when it comes to magic is should you”. Letting out a embarrassed chuckle as the question regarding the giant snowman brought up a odd moment in her childhood. “Speaking of the giant snowman, I did create a large contract similar to what you asked when I was younger”. Peaking back at the children who leaned forward at the announcement of one of their fables being a reality. “Yes, it was a large monster from one of the many heroical tales I read throughout my childhood”. Redness formed around Bleuenn’s cheeks as she chucked at her stupidity. “While the idea was for me to simply drive off the creature like the hero from the story. The city did not know that it was a simple contract and thought they were under attack. Let’s just say that on that day I was more of a villain than a hero”. Pursuing her lips and clenching her teeth, Bleuenn winced at her foolishness.

Continue to entertain and ease the children’s worries, the orphanage would peek out from the edges. While the children grew excited and pointed at their home, Bleuenn would turn back to them with a smile. “Let’s make the end of your ride memorable, make sure to hold on”. Clenching her hand to single for the children to hold on. Once Bleuenn made sure that the children were prepared the ice witch formed blades under her feet. Pushing forward the sled began to pick up speed as Bleuenn went faster and faster much to the joy of the children who only egged the woman on. Feeling the wind whipping past their ears the sled raced towards the orphanage. Closing in closer and closer it looked as if Bleuenn and the children were going to crash. Though a quick change in direction sent the group around the orange slowing down with every lap till they stopped at the entryway.

Giggling and pleading for another ride for themselves and their friends, Bleuenn shook her head. “Maybe later, but right now we have to go in and see your caretaker and friends as they are worried about you”. Lowering themselves back in their sweats crestfallen the children gave a meek okay as they exited the sled. Helping and heard the children inside, “I’ll be there shortly I am going to help your friend and mine”. Waving to the children she would close the door.

Once the children were out of sight Bleuenn’s grin and kind expression disappeared from the half witch. Standing in front of the door she looked to Cassidi while she made her way to her. “Before we go in”. Unstrapping her coin purse, Bleuenn removed the amount that novices were paid. “Here take it don't refuse I know you need the money, however when we complete the job please refuse the payment and don't worry about me this is a personal job I took on knowing full well there was nothing to gain from it”. Moving to Cassidi and offering to take the young girl while she handed her guildmate the payment. “I am not sure how you came upon the job, but I saw the caretaker pleading in the town for any help she could get…. But”. Bleu would grind her teeth before continuing. “Once they heard that the job was to help hybrid they all refused”. Tighten her grip on the young girl to hold her closer, but not enough to harm. Looking away and taking a deep breath her lightly moist ruby eyes stared back at Cassidi with an unwavering conviction. “I promised that I would save the children and stop however had done this and that is what I plan to do”. Turning around and opening the door, “Now let us go speak to the caretaker before we make our next move”.

Wc: 1092
Total: 7776
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:54 pm

Cassidi remained silent as she watched the children talked Bleuenn's ear off. A soft smile formed on her once she witnessed her blue-haired companion entertaining the kids. It was interesting that Bleu's calculative and calm mannerisms turned into something warm and sweet when the young woman was in the presence of the orphans. The white-haired hybrid found it a little startling to see such a clear switch in the other adventurer. Although, Cassi felt like Bleu's intentions were good despite her harsh proposition earlier. Still, it made her a bit wary. Just a bit.

After their rescuees said their goodbyes to the two women, Cassidi's eyebrow arched up in confusion as Bleuenn took out her coin purse. Once her associate took the unconscious girl from her arms, Cass stared at the coins in her hands rather blankly, then she let out a dry chuckle. Shaking her head, she said in a firm tone, "Did you think that there was a chance that I was going to ask for payment from an orphanage in need? I'm not stone-hearted, you know. I knew that there wasn't going to be a reward for doing this, but that isn't why I agreed to do this quest." Cassi looked down at the child in the other's arms for a moment before looking back at her guild member, "Seeing these kids relatively safe is a good enough reward for me. I don't need or want anything else. Besides, this ... is also kind of personal for me as well. I'm sure you can likely guess why ..." It wasn't at all surprising that Cassidi and Bleu were the only adventurers who took on this task. This quest hadn't involved saving some affluent heiress or rescuing a rich merchant from danger. There wouldn't be a hefty profit from doing this, although that's the reason why she choose to help in the first place. This orphanage needed all the help it could get, but not from a bunch of opportunistic adventurers. Thankfully, Bleuenn hadn't seemed anything like that.

Cassidi froze in shock when she saw Bleu's lightly moist eyes. However, the young hybrid kept her resolve as she placed a reassuring hand on her companion's shoulder. "Listen, I wanna find what bastard did this too. These children deserve to feel safe and protected. So, I intend to figure this out. And ... and I'll be here to help you. Just like you helped me." She said softly. She quickly pulled her hand away from Bleuenn, fearing that she may not like to be touched (least of all by a person who is still mostly a stranger). "So, anyway, yea let's go talk to the caretaker then." Then, she added stoically, "I can't accept your coins either. I'm not exactly keen on accepting pity money from anyone. It feels like I owe people something that I can't repay... And, I can get my own money by doing other quests too, so keep it."

While Bleuenn opened the orphanage's door, they saw the caretaker in the center of the room as she was checking on the lost children's conditions. Then, the caregiver looked over to see the unconscious child in Bleu's arms, letting out a gasp. Rushing over to the adventurers, she asked in a frantic voice, "Oh my god ... What happened to her? Is she alright?"

Word Count: 558
Total Word Count: 8,334

Last edited by Cassidi on Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Cassidi
Cassidi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:18 am

Stepping halfway into the orphanage, Bleuenn’s ears perked up while pins and needles ran down her arm from Cassidi’s unexpected touch, casting her eyes to the coins that remained in her free hand. Rubbing the coins together the half witch thought on everything her kinswoman said, her smile growing wider which each admirable word and act. “Yes, your right I suppose I should expect that our goals were similar”. Returning the coins to the previous container, Bleuenn faced Cassidi with a far kinder and more gentle disposition wholly different from the cold and calculative woman that she had worked with. “Be that as it may, my desire to reward you were not out of pity, but thanks I apologize for my insensitive as I only wanted to help a budding adventure like yourself” Tying off her pouch again, Bleuenn cradled the young girl in her arms before turning to fully enter the orphanage.

The two women were barely able to enter before the caretaker was on them looking over the children while frantically demanding the answer to Ronna’s state. “Ronna will be fine nothing besides exhaustion and substance, please calm yourself as we do not want to scare the children”. Speaking in a soothing manner, Bleuenn tried her best to calm the caretaker. Sense returned to the woman as she wiped her eyes and quieting her voice as she took Ronna off of the half witch. Not pressing the caretaker further, Bleuenn watch as the woman stared lovely at Ronna gently stroking the young girl’s face. The sight brought on a bit of nostalgia and bliss for the ice witch; as she was reminded of her time together with her grandfather. Letting the moment linger for a bit longer Bleuenn reluctantly directed the caretaker’s attention back to the tasks at hand.

You should attend to the children before we speak further. Is there a room that we can comfortably speak to not worry the children”?

With a nod, the woman looked to the stairs. “The heights floor in the building and all the way to your left is my room. I’ll try to join you as soon as possible”.

No need, we are in no rush take your time”.

Dipping slightly the caretaker would excuse herself to attend to the children. “I think it’s best if with move out of the main hall with haste”. Looking to Cassidi, Bleuenn’s eyes shot over to one of the hallways with stacks of children tried their hands at guile as stacks of curious eyes and whispers surrounded the two women. “Famous already”, Letting out a light giggle at Cassidi’s expense, Bleuenn made her way to the caretaker’s room.

If or when Cassidi arrived at the caretaker’s room. Her eyes would see the bare minimum amount of furniture to have the even hold the classifications of a bedroom. However, despite the lack of wealth, the room held far more priceless treasurers than any dragon’s hoard. Strewn throughout the entire room were draws, sculptures, gifts, and achievements from all of the children former and currently held raised within the. Looking at the drawings and gifts the half witch would practically glow at the sight of the love and memories that filled the room. Inspecting the pieces further her ruby eye would meet Cassidi. “You’ve been looking at me oddly since the trip back”. Looking to her guildmate she quickly understood the reason as to why the woman looked so shocked and confused. Knocking against her exposed legs a thick ticking could be faintly heard. “It does more than protect against attacks. As you already know closing off your heart can be difficult or even impossible. I simply found a way to circumvent the process”. Slowly turning around she would show off her simmer form the extra layer provided. Though while many pros came with detecting yourself from your emotions. Bleuenn’s spell came with many flaws. Logic and a clear head were needed to fight at ones best, however only the most extreme of emotions were felt in such a state with the negative ones often being the most common to be felt.

Wc 688
Total: 9292
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:16 am

Preferring to keep quiet, Cassidi watched the caretaker rush to take Ronna into her arms. The loving expression on the older woman's face warmed the white-haired adventurer's chest. Looking over at the children in the center, she took note of the orphans' smiling faces as they went to hug their once lost friends. Turning her head back to the caretaker, Cassi added on to what Bleu said, "Yea, no reason to be in a hurry. These kids need your attention more than us." With that, she walked beside Bleu, heading to the caregiver's room. As they walked through the halls, Cassidi picked up on the whispers of kids coming from one of the hallways. Avoiding the inquisitive gazes of the children, Cass scratched the back of her head shyly as she let out a soft chuckle at Bleu's "famous" comment.

Once the two arrived in the caregiver's room, Cassidi's eyes scanned around the place. It was a sparse yet quaint room, although the little gifts and child drawings brought a grin to her face. "These kids really are sweethearts ..." She said to herself while looking at one picture of a cartoonish rabbit. Then, Bleu's voice broke Cassi out of her daze. She coughed in her hand to conceal her nerves before saying, "You noticed, huh? Sorry about that. It was just interesting to see you ... switch so swiftly like that." Cass tilted her head a bit as Bleuenn demonstrated her spell. "I see ... I can see how that would be useful in situations, especially dire ones. Sometimes, I wish I didn't follow my heart too much..." It was difficult for her to hide her emotions. Not to mention, her werewolf blood intensified her feelings.

Word Count: 286
Total Word Count: 9,578

Last edited by Cassidi on Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Cassidi
Cassidi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:23 am

Sweetly smiling at Cassidi, Bleuenn felt as if she was looking at her past self. “You apologize too much. There is knowing wrong with standing up for what you believe, and I do not mind if you are interested as I hold a similar interest in you”.

Approaching her junior the half witch gently wrapped her arms around her fellow half blood staring into her kinswoman’s eye with a understanding yet sympathetic gaze. “I know it can be hard as society shuns mocks and treats us less than beasts”. Drawing back from the hug, Bleuenn’s hands softly slide down Cassidi’s arms until her hands softly cupped the half werewolf’s. “However, never apologize for doing the right thing and follow your heart. After all, this time and all that the world has done to you. The fact that you still hold onto kindness and don’t try to hide it or behind a mask shows that you are far stronger than I. You were right to focus on the children first as their safety was our priority. I was simply unable to see it as I was so focused on stopping the source of the pain I forgot about those that were currently suffering".

With a gentle squeeze, Bleunne removed her hands from Cassidi’s still hiding the guilt and pain of her mistake behind a smile. "Wisdom and control will come with age and experience, but compassion and love are things that cannot be learned. It took you and someone special to remind me that not everything can be logically solved". Tapping her heart, "Sometimes listening to your heart can reveal a simple solution".

Wc: 271
Total: 9849
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:12 am

As Bleuenn reached out to hug her, Cassidi flinched for a moment before reluctantly returning the hug back. It was an ... odd feeling to be comforted this way by others. She was only used to this type of affection from her mother. The hug felt awkward to Cass but also pleasant. "Aw, you're gonna make me start tearing up." She said light-heartedly, trying to make herself a little less nervous. Then, the white-haired hybrid looked down at the floor for several seconds before looking back at Bleu with a soft expression, "Stronger than you? I don't think so, but that's a sweet thing to say nonetheless. And, please... don't beat yourself up, okay? I could tell that your intentions were in the right place. At the moment, we don't know anything much about the asshole that did this. We don't even know what place they'll prey on next. Still, we'll figure it out..."  With that, Cassi looked away once again and said to Bleu, "Thank you ..." Her voice came out shy and gentle. She hated feeling so vulnerable, yet she felt safe around the half-witch.

Cassidi's ears perked up a bit when Bleuenn mentioned "someone special" to her. She was curious, although she figured that asking such questions would be a bit too personal. The young woman wanted to start out with something general. "Um, Bleuenn ... Why did you become an adventurer? If you don't mind me asking."

Word Count: 241
Total Word Count: 9,578
Cassidi
Cassidi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:19 am

Chortling at Cassidi’s meek response to praise, Bleuenn understood why so many enjoyed flustering herself. Her kinswoman’s cute reaction aside she glowed at her guildmate as she thanked her. “More use to scorn than praise and when you receive it you do not know how to react; I know the feeling. Though it is also why I do it as I know positive moments are few and far between”.

Relenting her praise toward Cassidi hoping that she would be merciful as the half witch knew that the tables would soon turn once she answered her guildmate’s question. “... I don’t, but my reasons have slightly alter”. Glazing away Bleuenn tried to hold back her embarrassment at how childish she was once. With a hushed sort of mumble the half witch “I joined to become a famous hero in hopes to join the ranks of the Guardian Knights to show others that hybrids are just like everyone else”. Fighting against her body’s betrayal, Bleuenn’s cheek would tint red signifying her loss. Quickly responding to better explain herself and stave off the awkwardness. “I still want to show everyone that hybrids have a place in society, but I plan to prove it by becoming the monarch of sloth”! Staring back at Cassidi with a determined look that quickly fell off as Bleuenn realized how foolish she sounded. With slacked shoulder and a down casted head, “.... I want others like me you and those children to feel normal. I know it sounds practically impossible, but I am still going to try”.

Wc: 259
Total: 9837
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:38 am

Listening to her guild member intently, Cassidi was quiet and respectful. She hadn't shown much judgment on her face, although she tilted her head curiously at Bleuenn near the end of her explanation. Crossing her arms, she was silent for a few moments as if she was thinking her response. Then, the white-haired adventurer finally replied with a somber tone, "Those are both nobles aspirations. However, I don't think the Eldritch will be any more accepting than humans. They all seem the same to me ..." Her eyes were distant for a second before Cassi smiled faintly as she tried to sound more optimistic, "Then again, change doesn't happen by being pessimistic all the time.  Whatever you choose to do to bring about this change, I'll be rooting for ya. Besides, I think you got the smarts and the audacity to be able to commit to this. So, ... give it your all!".

Looking about the caretaker's room once again, Cassidi chose a seat on one of the few worn chairs. "Well, you got some lofty goals there, Bleuenn. Mine's just pretty simple. Nothing long-term ... I was just planning on seeing the world for myself. I ... I was so used to hiding all the time before." She said as she glanced about at the children's drawings and crafts strewn about the place. "Unlike me, you're really trying to make things better for everyone. That's great. Honestly, we need more people like that." Cass said softly.

Word Count: 247
Total Word Count: 10,084
Cassidi
Cassidi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:51 pm

Upon hearing Cassidi’s pessimistic response, Bleuenn prepared for the worst and expected response. However, no matter what anyone would say she believed becoming an eldritch lord would be the best path as they cannot deny strength and ability. Though Cassidi's next words smashed all of Bleuenn’s expectations or assumptions. Focusing on the half werewolf tears welled up, but then quickly flacked off into bits of snow as Bleuenn attempt to hide them from Cassidi. “Thank you Cassidi I intend to do just that”.

Collecting herself Bleuenn watched as Cassidi looked through the room and its contents yet again. Brushing away the remainder of the snow on her eyes only to let out a breath of air through her teeth as Cassidi surprised her with yet another compliment. “...Oh sorry, no continue please”. Apologizing Bleuenn listen to what Cassidi was about to say. Amusingly enough Cassidi answered the question she was going to ask. “You are far too hard on yourself we’re all hiding, if you had not brought up the topic none of this would have happened as you would be a werewolf to me and I a witch to you”. With a tch Bleuenn would not let the conversation end with herself on a pedestal. “While I appreciate your compliments you are just as capable of helping others as I. You are the reason the children are home instead of in a cave still”. Approaching Cassidi once more and taking the woman’s hand into her own looking into her ally, no friend’s eyes. “We could change things you can change things. If you ever want to start I could not ask for a better person to stand beside. Eldritch respect strength and ability; if we show them our worth they would have to accept us. Just like the witches rose within the ranks, hybrid and werewolves can too. In fact, I plan to rally them to me as only a fool would ignore your abilities”! Passion burned throughout the half witch's touch and stare completely antithetical to the normal cold that permeated her being.

Wc: 345
Total: 10429
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidi Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:14 pm

Cassidi slightly flinched when Bleuenn grabbed her hand again. The nerves weren't out of fear but surprise. To see such passion and drive in a person was quite admirable to witness. Still, it was a little too much at once. And while she tried to act more optimistic in her previous response, it just felt too good to be true. Not to mention, Bleu was still mostly a stranger to her even if she enjoyed the witch's company. Gently removing her hand from Bleu's hold, the hybrid scratched the back of her head as she looked away from her companion, "I'm no one special, you know. Anybody could have saved those kids... And, I'm a fairly weak adventurer, so I don't believe that I'd be the best person for what you're offering..." Her voice was quiet and tentative. Cassi hated how she sounded as it reminded her of her child self again. A meek and indecisive little girl. Taking in a deep breath, she straightened her posture as said in a more steady tone, "It's a lot to take in. Plus, I feel cautious about all of this ... I'll have to think about it.". While turning her head back to her guild member, her gaze was doubtful as she began to tap her finger on a table.

Word Count: 218
Total Word Count: 10,647
Cassidi
Cassidi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum