Cassi, Cass, Ravenkiller (family moniker)Race:
Half-human | Half-werewolfGender / Sexuality:
Female / PansexualAge:
The first impression of Cassidi would likely be that she seems like a laidback and reserved individual with a fairly positive attitude. She is pretty curious about the world around her, so sometimes her curiosity gets the best of her. She also likes to make light of stuff in the hopes of adding levity to situations, especially when things seem dire. However, the life of hiding for most of her childhood has made her awkward and nervous in social settings. So whenever it comes to seeking friendships, Cassi often feels strange about opening herself up. That isn't to say that she's cold-hearted or distant. She craves connections after being deprived of that in her childhood. Despite her lively demeanor, Cassi hides in inner sadness that constantly plagues her. Her isolated life as a hybrid in her youth has made her feel a sense of inferiority. In addition, learning about her family's cruel history didn't stop this woeful feeling that hung over her head. Because of these issues, she likes to make people happy and cared for even though she sometimes feels undeserving in the presence of others. Not to mention, she feels a strong need to prove herself or to feel useful. Thus, she has this "chip on her shoulder" to prove her worth.History:
Born in a lowly hovel amid a dark forest, Cassidi had no concept of a home. It was just her and her mother. Constantly moving and running from all kinds of dangers were a pretty prominent part of the young girl's life. Her mother always took the opportunity to help teach her daughter how to defend herself. Cassi never had to wonder too much about why she was learning how to wield a weapon first before she learned how to form a coherent sentence as a child. She knew about her ... differences from humans. Cassi hated the feeling of inferiority when it came to her "half-breed" status. It was one of the many reasons why she and her mother had to keep going into hiding and never let their guard down. The topic of family was a sore topic, but her mother revealed the troubled history of Cassi's family.
Cassidi's family was a bloodline of hunters who were quite secretive and ruthless whenever it came to their "hunts". Their family came to be referred to as "Ravenkillers" due to their particular feud with a group of witches who prominently used an unkindness of ravens as their trusted familiars. After being fed up with these humans' brutality, the coven of witches inflicted the curse of lycanthropy upon the family. Despite her family's best efforts, they would always have to contend with this long-lasting curse. Ever since this fateful event, they isolated themselves from human society, learning to live with being bloodthirsty creatures of the night.
Currently, most of Cassi's family have died off due to their inability to control their feeling of the "hunt". Her mother managed to handle the curse and at one point fell in love with a human (who Cassidi learned was her deceased father) from a small village. Eventually, the village folk found out about the tryst between the two. Their affair ended tragically with the death of her mother's lover and her fleeing back into the dark. Several months later, that's when she gave birth to a little white-haired girl whom she later named Cassidi. After learning about her family's troublesome history, Cassi wanted to forge a different life for herself instead of continually hiding in fear and shame. Once she'd gotten old enough, she left to become an adventurer. Of course, the pressures of being a hybrid would weigh on her, but it was better than slinking back into hiding than she did for most of her life.Likes:
- Soft things - Cassidi has dealt with harshness throughout most of her life due to childhood circumstances and dealing with life as a Hybrid. She likes things that are gentle whether it be a person having a sweet-tempered personality or touch-wise like stuffed animals.
- Dogs and Cats (usually most furry creatures) - Cassi enjoys being around animals. There's something so simple and easy about being in their presence. They just don't seem judgmental like people.
- Her rusty dagger - It was a simple dagger that Cassidi used as a defense when she was a child. Her mother was the person to teach her how to wield it as well. The dagger isn't good in fights because of the blade dulling through the years, but she keeps it as a sentimental memory of her mother ever since she left her care.
- Company - Despite her awkwardness and trust issues, Cassi really does want to befriend others. It's just that it's going to take a while for her to open up.
- Meat (particularly bacon and steak) - On the rare occasions that she and her mother managed to snag more succulent kinds of food, Cassi loved it whenever they got meaty dishes.
- Ravens and Crows - Cassi always found the presence of these creatures as ominous and foreboding.
- Witches - After hearing tales of her family's history from her mother, she developed a great sense of fear for this particular Eldritch race. The fact that they can inflict curses that are basically everlasting terrifies her.
- Cruelty - Cassi has no problem escalating to violence if necessary, but violence for the sake of violence or hate angers her.
- Condescension - Cassi really, really doesn't like being talked down to.
- Feeling inferior and useless - Feelings of inferiority and worthlessness have hung over her in childhood. And, these emotions still linger in her.
Becoming someone great and worthy. Cassi always feels like she can improve her skills as a fighter and adventurer.Key Fear/Adversary:
Failure. Failure makes her feels a great sense of shame and inadequacy. Cassi is very critical of herself when it comes to things like failing a mission or a quest.
177 cm (~ 5 ft 8 inches)Body Type:
Soft YellowSkin Tone:
Deep brownOverall Appearance: