Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Into the Unknown [Percy] - Page 3 WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» Character App. Submissions Thread
by Ueredu Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:00 pm

» Ueredu - Eldritch
by Ueredu Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:59 pm

» A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]
by Katsumi Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:16 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:14 am

» Cassidi
by Iris Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:47 am

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
Ueredu
Into the Unknown [Percy] - Page 3 I_vote_lcapInto the Unknown [Percy] - Page 3 I_voting_barInto the Unknown [Percy] - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Kiigan
Into the Unknown [Percy] - Page 3 I_vote_lcapInto the Unknown [Percy] - Page 3 I_voting_barInto the Unknown [Percy] - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Iris
Katsumi
wes
Kupo

Donations

Into the Unknown [Percy]

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Into the Unknown [Percy] - Page 3 Empty Re: Into the Unknown [Percy]

Post by Leon Hoffman Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:01 am

LEON HOFFMAN

Percy took his dignified exit after that, slipping away into the comfortable rural silence outside after all of the bullying. Leon stared at the door with a small smile as he held the little Lapin girl, wondering if maybe he had been a bit too cruel to him. After all, it was clear that Percy wasn't good with kids, let alone adults, and it showed.

"Hmm..." Leon hummed, to which the Lapin girl in his arms looked up and stared at him curiously. Feeling eyes on him, he eventually glanced down and nodded. "What's wrong? Hm?"

About ten minutes passed before Leon found himself outside, looking to mingle with his depressed boyfriend. After entertaining the kids, he attempted to help Hari tidy things up now that dinner was reaching its conclusion, but he was gently shooed away until she began insisting that he go tend to Percy instead. Of course, the kids wanted to come too, but like jumpy puppies on leashes, they were yanked back by their parents.

Leon could see him in the distance, slumping against a stump and just absorbing all of the rural ambiance surrounding them—undoubtedly decompressing after a rather eventful day. The peace and tranquility of the countryside also began to weigh on Leon once he stepped outside, greeted with a marvelous display of stars speckled across and dark sky, a breeze like a gentle kiss blowing against his skin. It was... comforting, knowing that the sky they were under wasn't shared by their enemies on Earthland. This was new, unfamiliar, and gentle. Of course, parts of him still doubted that this was just not another small spot on Earthland, but if they really were in another world, then...

The dark-haired man walked up and sat beside Percy, staring up at the atmosphere with the same dreamy, pensive look in his eyes. He, too, sighed deeply.

"If, a year ago, you told me I'd go to war, leave the Hoffmans, find myself in a new world and get engaged—I'd think you were absolutely insane..." Leon chuckled without smiling when suddenly his face broke its stoic expression and finally warmed up as he turned to look at Percy, "Oh, but the last part is just a work in progress right now, right?"

WC: 379 | Total WC: 26,761 | WC Needed: ??? @Percy ""  —
Template by ivyleaf33
Leon Hoffman
Leon Hoffman

VylderGold : 2626

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Percy Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:31 am

It'd been a long day. A long week. A long couple of weeks. A long six months. Maybe it was just now all catching up with him, because for a moment, he really thought he might cry there alone on the stump. Not because he was angry or hurt or anything, but just because he felt like a teapot that needed to expel some pressure by nonsensically sobbing about nothing and everything. Percy didn't, however. He remained reserved, listening to the deep quiet and crickets interrupted by his own mindful breaths. Add to that the crunching of dirt and grass under the feet of a tall, rugged man whose rhythmic steps he'd know anywhere. Then there was the warmth of a body seated next to him, and it was only then that he opened his eyes, though he rose them to the amazing display of unfamiliar stars instead of the dark-haired man at his side.

"Yeah, some work... and you being nice to me," Percy spoke in a quiet voice, relaxed enough to teasingly pout. Though he might be feeling a little better with a moment of fresh air, his mind was still racing with issues old and new. Leon was so good with kids. This bought up the thought he'd had when they'd first arrived here, in this new world. Could he give Leon the family that he wanted? How could they adopt if he was so bad with children? He sighed again, trying to release a little more tension.

"I would have never guessed a year ago that I'd ever do any of the things that have happened. I would still be frantically forging ahead, trying to discover a magic for myself that would make me worth something to my family. Now I don't even have a last name. And everything I did was because I fell in love with my assistant..." Whether he was being intentionally funny was unclear, but a small smile did finally turn his lips upward. He glanced over at Leon. "I don't regret it. Who else could put up with me and the mistakes I make? I honestly don't know why you want to marry me."

[wc: 363 || total: 27124]
Percy
Percy

VylderGold : 6056

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Hoffman Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:10 am

LEON HOFFMAN

Instead of responding to his skepticism, Leon remained silent and just smiled, turning to look at the stars again. His family and the Hoffman name were the only things that really mattered to him for his entire life, and yet, not many of their names or faces had crossed his mind since coming here. It was almost scary how easily he could discard those burdens when he was with Percy, and it left him wondering if they even meant much to begin with. No, they must've meant something. Years of torment and turmoil could testify to that, so it must've just meant that he had someone who meant more to him than the Hoffmans. Someone whose company and love were worth sacrificing the comfort of acceptance for. Someone who is worth sacrificing an arm and a body for, during the war and even now.

"Our lives... haven't started, until now. We've both spent so much time trying to fit shoes not meant for us, waiting for our turn to walk down a neatly-laid path made just for the versions of Percy and Leon they wanted us to be. Maybe a year ago, that's what we both wanted—maybe some part of us still wants that—but now... now that we've thrown away those shoes and abandoned that path..." Leon continued to stare heavenward, pensive and gentle, "...all that's left is just us and this weird place. No Hoffmans, no Daggers, just us and the paths that we may take. I truly don't know what's going to happen from here on out, and frankly, the fact that we're both free—truly free—to do whatever we want is a whole different kind of pressure in itself..."

Leon sighed again before glancing down at Percy, staring at him fondly.

"But we didn't come this far just to come this far, and whichever path we take, there's no way that I'm not gonna be there right next to you. Everything I do, everything I am is nothing without you. You're everything I want and need. Knowing that, why wouldn't I try to put a ring on you? Make you my husband? My family?"

It was all so matter-of-fact with a hint of unease in his undertones. Leon wasn't amazing with words, and far less poetic, but this was perhaps the only way he could describe how he felt right then and there and one of the only times it sounded somewhat eloquent. It wasn't a blast of raw, unrefined emotion but nothing calculated and oversimplified either. Everything he had felt and was feeling about their situation just came floating off of his tongue as he reminisced in the rural scenery.

WC: 443 | Total WC: 27,567 | WC Needed: ??? @Percy ""  —
Template by ivyleaf33
Leon Hoffman
Leon Hoffman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Percy Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:29 am

If there was anyone on this strange planet that might rival Leon's usual less-than-stellar command of speaking, it was Percy, so to him, Leon's words sounded perfectly beautiful. His face melted like a snowcone in summer, blushing and softened under the fond gaze. It was like it was all he needed to hear, some truth that perhaps he'd thought but it didn't become real until it was spoken by someone else. "If you make me cry again..." he trailed, the threat left empty and unfinished as he shifted his gaze away. After a slightly awkward pause, Percy reached over and slipped his hand into his boyfriend's and leaned his head against one of those muscular shoulders. If they were just starting their lives of freedom, he should probably learn to be a little more touchy. He knew Leon liked it.

"There's no light pollution here. I can see more stars than I could with any telescope back home, yet I don't recognize a single constellation," the peppermint head said, seemingly out of nowhere as he turned to gaze up into the galaxy painted heavens. "Science isn't the same. Nothing I build works. I feel like one of those constellations. I don't recognize myself. I've never been just Percy. But... I do like who I am with you, and you've never changed. Talking about our life gives me ch-chills..."

Turning back to look up Leon, he was suddenly stern. "You're plenty without me, Leon. You're great with kids, you adjusted to life here no problem, and you're almost as good as me at fighting. It's amazing how well you're doing in this new life already. It's all I can do to keep up. It's overwhelming." In a way, he was thinking of himself as a product, like something he made. He wasn't wrong. He was completely in charge of molding and remaking himself, and just like with the things he created in his old life, he'd never put an inferior product for someone to use. "But I admire you so much. You're my true north and I just want to walk at your side. I'll devote all my energy to catching up because I want to make you happy. Give me time to figure out what family even is. When I figure it out, I'll be worth marrying, and maybe I'll be a good husband then. In the meantime, I just ask you to let me support you however I can."

Just when he thought his heartfelt gushing was complete, more bubbled up. Maybe it was just his frazzled state, or maybe Leon's words had finally broken some sort of emotional dam inside the young man, but Percy couldn't help but just stare at his lover. They were free. He could say what he felt if he could form the right words. No one was going to come for them. There were no Hidden Blade's eyes and ears or Dagger shadow. The way he smelled like home, the way his calloused hands felt on his skin, every millimeter of the scars in his face were cataloged. The way his expressions alternated from unreadable stone to semi-melted milkshake. His heart skipped and lept when those honeyed eyes were on him.

Percy felt like he needed to say it, as sappy and messy as it was, especially after their argument and the engagement rejection, before all the new struggles to come. "I... I love you so much, Leon... Is that okay? Is it okay to love you this much, so much that it hurts? Forever doesn't seem long enough..." he trailed, losing the rest of the words and instead just gripping Leon's hand tightly. Sometimes it was so intense that it scared him. The thought of losing him was devastating, so much so that he was certain he wouldn't survive!

[wc: 637 || total: 28204]
Percy
Percy

VylderGold : 6056

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Hoffman Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:53 am

LEON HOFFMAN

The way they were talking... it felt like they were getting married already. Percy's sudden confession began to make Leon turn a little pink, his eyes widening in face of it all. The two of them were strong men who grew up a little too fast, stumbling but never falling on their path to where they were now. They had sacrificed a lot to be together and had turned their backs to everything and everyone they knew for each other, but once Leon felt his lover's hand slip into his own, he knew he had made the right choice. Never had he felt such sincere, unadulterated warmth from someone. Never had he felt so loved and needed—so shielded and cared for. Even after Percy's gushing confession, all Leon could think was how fortunate he was to have landed someone like him.

"Yeah..." a warm and fluttering smirk creased his face, squeezing the hand in his, "It's okay. I feel the same way. I love you, too. More than you could ever know.

[END]

WC: 172 | Total WC: 28,376 | WC Needed: ??? @Percy ""  —
Template by ivyleaf33
Leon Hoffman
Leon Hoffman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3