Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Country Girl (Bleuenn & Shane) WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» KINK - 18+
by Guest Today at 7:21 pm

» A moonlit hunt
by Isla Paledragon Today at 10:01 am

» Human Nature [Birch]
by Birch Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» An Ishgarian's Journey | THEO
by Nessa Cordelia Lux Yesterday at 6:59 pm

» Mama's Letter (Hugo)
by Kirwin Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:12 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Donations

Country Girl (Bleuenn & Shane)

Go down

Country Girl (Bleuenn & Shane) Empty Country Girl (Bleuenn & Shane)

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:07 am

The bright lights and sounds of the otherworlder haven known as Rivengate overwhelmed Bleuenn. While she had heard about such things from Bassui, mere words did not prepare the hybrid for a face to face encounter with otherworldly societies and architecture. Couple with the over stimuli of the city and it's weak connection to the ley lines made for a very disoriented Bleuenn.

A sudden obnoxious sound mimicking that of a bird's chirping, but far louder, caused Bleuenn to jump out of the way. Backpedaling the unhorsed carriage speed past at an alarming speed with the rider barking obscenities at her as they passed. Still distracted from her recent encounter with the iron horse, she accidentally backed into someone while still looking towards the odd blackened street that contained the strange modes of transportation.

I’m so sorry….”! As Bleuenn quickly turned around to apologise for her carelessness the person who she bumped into merely gave her an annoyed look before continuing on as the sea of people crowded around her. Excusing herself as she tried to pass through the other people, her meek attempts were met with nothing as they continued along. Forgoing manners she tried to squeeze and slip through the wave after wave of people. However, their numbers and larger frames won out as they forcefully guided an unwilling Bleuenn along their path. Increasing her pace, Bleuenn almost broke into a jog to avoid being trampled by the uncaring group that reminded her more of cattle than individual people. Keeping pace with the hivemind esque glob of humanoids that seemed hellbent on making it to their destination no matter who or what was in front of them. Out of the group she took note of their bland almost uniform clothing that quickly outer her as an outsider. However, the most concerning of all was the odd glowing boxes that they held. Not once did the members take their eyes off of the strange glowing box. Is that some manner of mind control or dark magic that has entranced the host? Placing a pin in the theories of what the magic box could be for the moment, Bleuenn looked around for an opening or less crowded area. Peering through the cracks in the mass of bodies ahead of her she spotted an opening between the large dull buildings that dotted Rivengate. Breaking into a slight jog, Bleuenn attempted to squeeze, slide and duck through the openings in the crowd.

Finally finding a reason to be thankful of her small frame as it made the task relatively easy. However, as she slipped through the last of the group, she felt a hand grasp at her backside. Clenching her teeth she turned around with spell in hand to punish whoever touched her. Though as she faced the wall of people it was impossible to tell who it could have been and if they were still among the current wave before her. Crinkling her nose and canceling her spell Bleuenn decided against combing through the group of innocent people to quell her anger. Exhaling a defeated sigh she turned her attention towards the open area that she had managed to escape to. As her eyes fell upon the collection of stands and tents that resembled the sort of markets that she was used to; the hybrid felt far more comfortable than she had been among the cold and soulless stone and glass buildings that towered over the area.

Closing in on the market, she hoped that at least one of the stands sold more suitable clothing for the area. While she would prefer to wear her normal clothing, more suitable clothing might improve her chances of traveling throughout the city. Peering and looking at all the odd wears that each stand had on display clawed at her curiosity. Stopping by one of the stands she noticed a similar box that many of Rivengate’s population carried. Pointing at one of the boxes, “Excuse me Sir, but what are those magical boxes and how do you make it glow”? The merchant paused for a moment as he looked Bleuenn over, smiling with a small chuckle at her questions. “Must be your first time in Rivengate young lady. Let me be the first to welcome you to our city”. Picking up one of the boxes and pressing down on some sort of button or latch the box would expel a jingle before lighting up with a symbol and name. Quickly blocking her eyes, Bleuenn made sure that she would not be subjected to the item's magic. Keeping her hand up only made the merchant’s chuckle upgrade to a hearty laugh. “I see you have already seen many others that have taken a bit too much of an interest in their phones. Don’t worry there is no magic that will bind your body and mind to it”. Placing the phone down and taking out his own, the man would scroll along the box until he tapped it, releasing a ring. After a few more rings a voice echoed out from the box. “Hey, no it’s nothing just showing a customer what phones are… Okay sorry for disturbing you”. Tapping his phone once again he looked at the mesmerized Bleuenn. Filled with wonderment she begun rallying off questions about how and what made the boxes known as phones tic.

Wc: 892

Last edited by Bleuenn Bosser on Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

VylderGold : 103908

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Country Girl (Bleuenn & Shane) Empty Re: Country Girl (Bleuenn & Shane)

Post by Shane Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:28 am

The stark contrast of Rivengate with the rest of the world never failed to amaze Shane every time he set foot into the city. He could remember the first time he arrived, and he would just stay rooted to the spot for a long period of time, just turning around and around, his head swiveling around to no end just to catch sight of everything that the city had to offer. In Rivengate, technology had replaced magic, with the population here relying on technology to live their lives. Everything ran on electricity. As a non-native, Shane had did his best to assimilate by learning as much as he could, but there were still many things that escaped his ability to understand.

Shane navigated through the streets of Rivengate casually. Miriad being so close to Rivengate was one of the reasons why he had been here quite frequently in the past, thus knowing his way around. A mobile phone vibrated in the left pocket of his pants which he quickly pulled out to answer. It was a small rectangle with rounded corners, a screen that took up around 70% of the front side and a small black button below it. It was a rather dated model that Shane had bought in the past. The newer models had more features and looked better, but for a device that he could only use in Rivengate and him being out of Rivengate most of his time, Shane never saw the need to waste his money.

“I’m just around the corner, Byolan,” Shane spoke out the moment he pressed on the button to take the call. An unintelligible snort from the other end of the call was the only reply before Byolan cut off the call. Shane shook his head with an amused grin at his old friend’s impatience. But the man wasn’t to blame. Every time Shane stepped into Rivengate, he would definitely be swayed out of his original goal and end up flirting with some girl he met. For Byolan, he was already used to Shane arriving late. The call was just a reminder.

Shane let out a sigh of exasperation at his friend’s impatience and for once, picked up his speed to head directly over to Byolan’s. As he walked, his eyes caught a glimpse of a blue-haired girl in a rather traditional attire. However, what really got his attention was the talisman hanging from her hat, and fixing is gaze onto her face. Shane had every intention of stopping to chat her up, but for once, he fought against it and instead decided to humor Byolan this time by arriving on time.

“Let’s wrap things up with Byolan quickly,” Shane decided as he averted his gaze and walked away. The girl was currently speaking to a merchant about a phone, which Shane assumed she was going to purchase one for herself. If he got his stuff done quickly enough, he could rush back here before they wrapped up the transaction.

It was really only five minutes away, rounding around a corner and into a more shady part of the city. A huge neon sign board that was malfunctioning, flickering every once in a while and then going dark before suddenly coming back to life to bombard his eyes, was hung above the store’s door, shouting out “Magic Weapons”. In a city where technology reigned supreme and where everyone was looking for the next best weapon with the best of the best crammed in, Byolan was the odd one out that specialized in magical weapons instead. However, when it came down to it, Byolan was definitely one of the best.
Shane knocked twice on the rusty metal door and pushed it open with force. The door swung open on its hinges and slammed into the inside wall loudly, closely followed by a yelp from inside the neat shop. The exterior and interior was entirely worlds apart. Shane had told Byolan to fix his outside countless times but all the guy ever said was that it added character to his shop.

Byolan’s store was simple. A forge sat on the left side of the spacious shop, protected with a barrier so that the intense heat he works with doesn’t affect the rest of the shop. Shelves that reached from top to bottom and spanned the entire wall of the shop’s right displayed all the weapons and armors that Byolan had ever crafted, regardless if they were successes or failures. A small pantry was set up on the wall facing the door, with a small coffee table and few chairs. The man appreciated tea as much as he did magical weapons. And finally, in the middle of the room was a long wooden table. A piece of black cloth was draped over the table, covering whatever was placed on the table.

“Be careful!!!” Byolan hissed as he turned around to look at Shane with a venomous look in his eyes. He quickly gave his whole shop a glance over to make sure that everything was in place before putting down whatever he was doing at the forge and walked through the faint blue barrier. Sweat was pouring down the side of his face, and his clothes stuck to his body as he moved over to the pantry to grab a towel and wiped himself around the brows and neck.

“So what you working on?” Shane said as he moved across the room, looking over to the forge but before he could even see anything, the faint blue barrier suddenly turned opaque, blocking away the forge from view entirely. Shane turned to Byolan with a mild frown. “I didn’t know you could do that.”

What he wanted to ask was “What are you doing that I can’t see” but those words never left his mouth. Close as they might be, if Byolan wanted to keep secrets, then Shane wasn’t the type to pry unnecessarily.

“I’m working on something big. I will let you see it when it’s done,” Byolan answered casually as he pointed at the rows of tin containers for his tea on the pantry counter. “Tea?”

“Nah, I’m in a hurry. What did you want me to see?”

“I don’t even wanna ask. I finished the weapons you asked for,” Byolan announced with a grin as he walked over to the long table and pulled off the black cloth with a swish. “Ta da!”

A wide smile appeared on Shane’s face as he walked over expectantly. The pair of gauntlets was exactly as he had envisioned it. No, it was much better than what he had requested with Byolan adding on some finishing touches to make it bolder. Shane put on the gauntlets without hesitation and began his testing. The air around him shook from the fast and furious punches that he threw out in rapid succession. Next, he began clenching and unclenching his hands. The overlapping of steel as he moved his fingers in all sort of ways was so buttery smooth that it was non-existent. After that, Shane held his right fist out in front of him, and flames began flaring into existence around the gauntlet before dissipating.

The excited grin on Shane’s expression was more than enough to describe his feelings. Byolan, standing opposite him across the table with his hands on the table, looked on with satisfaction of having another job well-done. Just as he was about to speak to Shane about the skills he had used to produce the weapon and about the spell embedded into the gauntlets, Shane looked at him.

“I will pay you back later! Gotta run! See ya!” Shane exclaimed rapidly before bolting out of the store. It wasn’t that he didn’t have the money to pay but since he had already gotten the weapon, then there was no more reason to stay here. The door closed loudly behind him with another loud bang.

“Rotbrain!” Byolan cursed with another new wave of anger, and again gave his whole shop a quick glance over to make sure nothing was falling over. Mumbling string after string of insults under his breath, the weaponsmith walked around the long table and went over to the door to lock it, which involved five different locks of multiple variety. A gem shone in each lock, carrying magic that would activate the moment those locks were broken. When he was sure all of them were in place, Byolan nodded to himself and walked over to his forge, ready to resume what he had been working on earlier.

Outside on the street, Shane was in a particularly good mood. Although he had only tested the gauntlets briefly, he could already feel the compatibility of the weapon in his hands. However, what he had in mind right now was to look for the blue-haired girl he had seen earlier. Shane moved swiftly through the crowds on the street towards the merchant where he had seen the girl earlier. As the phone store came into view, Shane was glad that the girl was still standing there, firing off questions at the merchant who was beginning to have a queer look on his face.

“Hi Miss, how about we have a drink together and I can explain to you in more detail about the phone and their functions? Let’s not take up too much time of this kind mister since he’s running a business after all,” Shane said with a smile, hoping that it was as warm as he envisioned it to be. He was currently dressed in a casual outfit that fit very well with Rivengate’s residents which consisted of a loose black T-shirt that hid his physique slightly, a faded blue jeans and red sneakers. By the standards of Rivengate, he was already considered quite appropriately dressed, hoping that it would be enough.

[1640 words]
Shane
Shane

VylderGold : 6660

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:30 am

With every question answered Bleuenn got a clearer idea of what these cellular phones were used for. Taking hold of the cell phone the merchant had shown her, Bleuenn would swipe her finger along the screen of the phone. “What are these odd symbols, are they runes or perhaps a sigil”? Peering past the phone to the merchant who merely smiled.

“No, Miss those are apps”.

Apps”?

“Applications”.

What sort of applications do they have”?

Tapping on each individual ‘app’ all manner of odd cute noises with odd images appeared one after the other. Some were more mundane like day planners or notebooks. While others seemed to be for pointless fun or conversations about weird topics between perverts and the unhinged. “No wonder everyone seems so affixed to these things, this tool is able to do tasks that would require an entire study and more to accomplish”? The Half Witch was thoroughly impressed with the so called technology. However, she felt as if the cellphone had lost its main purpose within all of the extra fluff. Bleuenn could see many pros to having such a device. Yet its usefulness lasted only as long as one was within the Freelands, where her talents and tools work everywhere even in the thinly veiled Rivengate.

Resuming her questions about not only the phone but how the device is able to communicate over such great distances without magic. Unfortunately for Bleuenn the merchant had limited knowledge on the topic as well. As every answer only led to another question on a subject that was answered with yet more branches.

Resting the phone back on the table. Bleuenn planned to pay for the man’s time; until she was interrupted by a patronizing voice. Blankly turning her attention to the owner of the voice, her eyes met with and looked through the human male. Faced with well defined pectorals, the half witch’s ruby eyes climbed up to the man’s oddly cute face that did not match with his body at all. The man looked like the personification of the saying as cute as a button, however, what stood out to Bleuenn more was the weapons on his hands.

Turning back to the merchant, Bleuenn removed a ring lined with Vyldergold with a fifty indented into it. Roughly placing the ring of coins down she would thank the merchant for his time and answering the buttoned eyed man’s question.

Stepping away from the stall and bringing her full attention to the strange man. “Is this an offer or an order, it’s hard to tell when you're armed”. Peeking back at the man’s poorly enchanted weapons the half witch prepared to tear into the foolish man more. Though for a moment her cold stare softened as she noticed that the man’s form was not his own. Unsure of what the man’s reasons were for hiding himself, but the hybrid did not ask as she knew how it felt to have to hide what she truly is.

Wc: 498
Total: 3030
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:38 am

Shane kept up his smile as the girl looked at him. He could see the girl looking him over, but instead of a girl that was charmed by him, tasting him with her eyes, it was more like he was being scrutinized. Instead of replying to his question directly, the girl turned her attention back to the merchant and gave him a small token for his time. It was a small gesture, but it spoke volumes about the girl, her manners, her personality.

When she was finally done, Shane stood upright when she turned to look at him.

“It’s definitely an offer. You look really familiar, for some reasons, and from your conversation, I know you aren’t from Rivengate. It’s just I have difficulty placing where I have seen you,” Shane replied with a slight frown, his eyes shooting to the right while he lightly pursed his lips as he searched his memory. However, midway through that, the words that he had spoken and how it might have sounded hit him and he quickly left the memory search for a later time.

“Wait. I know how that sounded,” Shane uttered as he held up his hands in front of him, palms open.

“Ah my bad, I was in a rush earlier,” Shane quickly apologized as he took off the gauntlets he had gotten from Byolan and quickly stored them in a storage dimension. “I just got these from my friend earlier.”

“Let me start over. My name is Shane. Yes, I was trying to offer you a drink. No, I wasn’t trying to pick you up. I mean, you’re cute. And I would like to get to know you better. I assume Rivengate is also new to you, so why not let me bring you around? I’m not a local but I’ve been here more than enough times to know where’s what,” Shane began rambling. Typically, at this point, the girls who had been attracted by his physique would have totally lost interest in him.

[335 words]
[Total WC: 3365]
Shane
Shane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:33 am

Confirming his ‘offer’, Bleuenn’s brush his obvious statement aside in favor of focusing on the mentioning of her familiarity to him. “ I... “, before she could continue the blonde's hands rose out to aggressively correct his previous words. Slowly closing her mouth, Bleuenn let him continue, but not without narrowing her eyes at his lack of manners. Her patience was not met with anything of substance as he only spoke of his newly acquired gauntlets. Using the time allotted by his current distraction, Bleuenn answered. “I won’t ask if you are sure as there is no one that even closely resembles myself. It is possible that you may have seen me before as I travel all around for various jobs. However, I would remember someone with such unique features”. Holding off on mentioning the man’s true form for the moment she wondered if they had met before. Though nothing about the man before her rung any bells as his mannerisms matched with many she has had the displeasure of speaking to before.

The half witch’s tolerance for the man waned even with the surprising addition of his pocket dimension. Though the man now known as Shane wished to start over again, Bleuenn did not as she had more than her fill of the man. “Shane…”, thinking back throughout her travels she could not think of any Shanes that were memorable. Despite her dislike of the man before her, Bleuenn gave Shane a light bow before introducing herself. “Since you introduced yourself it is only proper that I show you the same courtesy. I am Bleuenn Bosser. As for your offer I find it interesting that you think I am cute, but not cute enough to be ‘picked up'. Though that begs the question as to why and what drove you to wish to know more about me if base attraction is not your focus”. Instead of outright refusing Shane the half witch decided to play with Shane and his rusted tongue as both a punishment and a lesson. “Compliments are fine, you don’t have to play the role of tour guide in an attempt to try and woo me. You are not the first nor last man, woman and everything else in between to be drawn to me. Be honest and upfront, my looks are not unknown to me”.

Wc: 390
Total: 3755
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:20 pm

‘Abort. Abort. Abort mission. Disengage. Retreat. Abort. Disengage. Retreat..’

Those were the only thoughts going on in Shane’s mind as his confidence began to crack like a porcelain vase. Bits and pieces were slowly coming off, with cracks lengthening. This was the result of his arrogance from past victories, victories that were very much aided by the influence of alcohol, poor lighting and suggestive ambiences. Out in the open, Shane was barely able to carry the conversation the moment the tables were turned on him.

‘God, what am I doing?’

Lost and not knowing how to steer the conversation in the correct direction, Shane began pulling at straws. The only way he could continue on was to try to build whatever their conversation was into something normal.

‘Alright, alright. Change of strategy. Let’s listen and respond properly this time. It’s not that tough, Shane.’

“I see. I thought I might have seen you in Miriad where I came from, but I guess I remembered wrongly,” Shane replied with a thoughtful nod. His arms were crossed across his chest as he spoke, subconsciously using that gesture protectively, to put something in the way between the two of them. To protect himself, weirdly, should the girl suddenly attack him.

However, as daft as Shane was, he could still pick up that the girl was slowly losing interest in him, not that she was interested in him in the first place. He could also sense the building irritation that was beginning to rear itself at him. He was already expecting the girl to just chase him away in a few more sentences, so when the girl, Bleuenn, introduced herself to him in full, Shane’s eyes narrowed slightly.

“Fine, let’s lay out the cards. This conversation is already a wreck as it is,” Shane spoke up as he let out a sigh. “You obviously aren’t the type to take kindly to unwanted advances. For that I’m sorry. It was arrogant and disrespectful of me to just saunter up and try to buy you a drink out of the blue. So, this is my proposition. You don’t need a tour guide, nor someone to buy you a drink for no reason. But can I at least buy you a cup of coffee, or anything warm you might prefer, as an apology, as a peace offering?”

[390 words]
[Total WC: 4145 words]
Shane
Shane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:24 am

Waiting for a response, Bleuenn temporarily paused her siege against the walls of Shane’s ego as it was already at the breaking point. Left unfulfilled by the lack of challenge, the half witch brought her attention to her surroundings.

As the disguised human had his meltdown, Bleuenn’s eyes snapped towards all of the interesting stands holding all kinds of oddities. While simple appliances were not unknown to the witch, many of the items were far beyond her as she could not tell exactly what their purpose was. Glancing back at Shane for a moment and still seeing him in mid crisis she continued her scratch of a possible clothing stall. Spotting a few on the horizon the half witch was about to excuse herself until Shane finally managed to eke out something coherent and not just coherent, but relevant and concerning.

I’ve been all around Mirinah for work, it is more than possible that you have seen or heard about me”. Keeping her answer vague she brought her full attention to Shane. She already knew that the man before her was not human and with the mention of herself and Miriad it would be safe to say that he was an Anthro. However, the fact that he did not recognize her by not only her appearance but name meant he was part of the more affluent citizenry. She also doubted his ties to any military or royalty as she was well known to them and no doubt looked at as a possible threat or tool to be used.

Furthering the conversation, the half witch found it odd that Shane's body language closed off when she was the one treated poorly. Keeping herself relaxed and in control of not only herself but the conversation she waited for the man’s next move. As he spoke of laying everything on the table it took a great deal of willpower from Bleuenn to not call him out on how his body and appearance contradicted his words. His next words were not any better, but his attempt at an apology at least showed that he had some form of humility. “No one likes unwanted advances. It is your words and actions alone that steered the interaction into something unwanted. For example, treating the person you wish to speak to like a child and a nuisance is not wise”. Making sure to stare directly into Shane’s button like eyes, Bleuenn wanted to make sure he understood what he did. “Secondly, instead of asking the injured party what you can do to right the wrong. You attempted to turn your request into an apology in an attempt to get what you originally wanted under false pretenses”.

Laying out the truth of the entire interaction the half witch gave Shane time to reflect on his further mistakes. If the man was anyone else Bleuenn would have already left him to stew in his ineptitude. However, she realized his mistakes were made out of ignorance instead ill intent; at least nothing that was inherently wrong. “I have a counter offer if you wish to correct your mistakes”. Pointing to one of the clothing stalls, “I came here to tutor another on magic, but I wanted to wear more appropriate clothing for such a task by Rivengate standards. If you assist me on Rivengate’s fashion I will wipe the slate clean”.

Wc: 561
Total: 4706
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:58 pm

Shane could a wave of emotions washing over his entire body as he listened to Bleuenn. Although she had the moral high ground, and Shane had been the one jumping in with his confidence on steroids, the Draconyte was beginning to feel despair, regret, impatience, glee and relief simultaneously. He regretted ever trying to pick up this girl with his meager skills, despair over how the words coming out of his mouth was constantly being picked apart, impatience with the conversation and wanting it to end as soon as possible, glee that there was finally a way out for him that the girl had offered and relief that he might get out of this alive.

At this moment, careful to give himself a mental reminder to never act like a chauvinistic asshole that goes around picking up random girls ever again, Shane would have gladly traded fighting off a Forest Wyvern than to continue being stuck in this predicament. He wholeheartedly realized now that his tongue was made of lead, as opposed to the glib, silver tongue that he thought he owned. The more he spoke, the worse it became for him. In fact, it was similar to struggling around in a quicksand pit.

“I appreciate your offer to let me wipe the slate clean,” Shane quickly snapped at the opportunity that had been tossed his way. However, being humble was the way to go now instead of needlessly showing off again. He gestured at himself, pointing at his own outfit before sheepishly smiling.

“As you can see, even though I’ve been hanging out in Rivengate quite often, I don’t really have a great grasp on what people call fashion sense. I might be able to give a little bit of suggestions but that’s pretty much about it. However, what I can offer is the muscle to carry your purchases for you while you focus on getting what you feel suits you and all the way to your tutoring appointment. Hell, if you don’t want to be seen with me, I can even wear a mask to hide my face. Would that be okay?”

[354 words]
[Total WC: 5060]
Shane
Shane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:04 am

Flashing a faint grin back at the man as he jumped upon the opportunity. Once again she was left waiting patiently for his third and final attempt; hopefully, Shane would learn from his mistakes. Catching on to the movement her eyes followed Shane’s finger as it pointed to his ensemble. Unsure what she was supposed to see, but the black shirt and odd blueish pants made of a mix between cloth and hide seemed fine. However, the ugly red shoes reminded her of sabatons but cloth, made her wary of otherworldly fashion. Continuing to try and decipher the odd clothing, Shane's words signaled the start of his third attempt.

Moving from overconfidence to self depreciation was just one extreme to another. “And I have been here for mere hours. By math that would make you far more knowledgeable and experienced in otherworldly culture than I”. Attempting to add a bit of sweetness to the soured words of Shane though the man seemed set on groveling instead of simply accepting the offer and just treating her like he would anyone else. Shane’s flagellation continued unabated with Bleuenn biting her lip to hold back her anger at how the man was presenting himself. Of course, he deserved punishment for his ignorance and thoughtlessness, but the punishment had already been doled out. The man’s continued groveling and self depreciation were pathetic.

With the tail end of his conversation echoing throughout her mind, the half witch took a moment to pause from the sickening display. “No, that would not be acceptable”. Glaring at Shane her ruby eyes looked as if they were staring into the man’s very soul. “ You are a sapient being, not a pack mule to be chained and masked, have some self respect! I did not ask for you to prostrate yourself before me or lambaste yourself as some sort of penance”! Staring the much larger man down, Shane had unknowingly verbally slipped a dagger through Bleuenn’s social grace. “Once again you did not listen and attempted to find a third option instead of accepting or refusing. Neither you nor myself owe anything to each other. I did not ask to be treated at a station above yourself”. Giving the man a defeated sigh she turned away from the man and moved towards one of the clothing stands.

Wc: 384
Total: 5444

Last edited by Bleuenn Bosser on Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:46 am

Shane saw the faint grin that had appeared on the girl’s face, instantly lighting up slightly what was left of the hope he had in him to survive this encounter. However, he could also see the distaste flash across her face when she scanned him once more from top to bottom and finally reaching his shoes.

‘The shoes were a bad choice, huh?’ Shane thought to himself as he made another mental note. ‘Always white then.’

However, like a storm, the conversation quickly turned the other way again. The faint grin had disappeared, leaving a burning glare in place as the girl was almost staring daggers at him. Despite expressed in anger, the intention and meaning behind her words were well-meaning. What she had said was true. It made Shane realize what a fool he had been, from the beginning till the end.

In the end, the root cause of this problem was that Shane had never treated Bleuenn or the other girls he had picked up before as equals. The realization hit him like a brick to the face. He couldn’t blame it on his upbringing for no one in his family had ever taught him to act in this manner. He had certainly not learnt this from his father and his grandfather. In fact, they had told him to be wary of female opponents. On his mother’s end, she had always reminded him that how you treat a woman was a balancing act. Never to talk up or to talk down to a female. Equals.

It had all been him. He had forgotten what he had been taught after gallivanting around Mirinah, seeking out adventure. Oh boy.

Shane let out a loud and long laugh, a laughter that came from the bottom of his heart. By then, Bleuenn had already left him, walking towards one of the clothing stands without waiting for him.

“HAHAHA! Refreshing! This is truly refreshing!” Shane shouted out loud towards the sky, shocking everyone that was walking around him. A few that was too near flinched from the sudden outburst, while those slightly further were either trying to keep a distance from him or fishing out their cellphones to take a video of this lunatic shouting in the middle of the street.

Not caring in the least about the public attention he had pulled, Shane quickly ran after Bleuenn and slowed down to a walk beside her.

“Thank you, seriously. At the beginning, you were being difficult. But everything you spoke of hit the mark. It was painful, but true. You made me realize things that I had forgotten, and most crucially, how I should carry myself and treat others in the future,” Shane said as he looked sideways at the girl beside him.

“We started off on the wrong foot. That was for sure. And I ended the earlier conversation on another wrong foot. Is it okay if we put that behind us, and let us get to know each other all over again? As acquaintances? There won’t be any offers to buy you drinks or meals or clothes this time.”

When they were finally standing in front of one of the clothing stands and had stopped walking, Shane turned around to face Bleuenn and held out his hand for a handshake.

It was old-fashioned, but to him, this was what equals did. A mutual understanding between two people, agreed upon at the same level, with each party acknowledging the other with respect.

[580 words
[Total WC: 6022]
Shane
Shane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:15 am

Setting her sights on a cute white sweater with a depiction of a cat on it; dread would wash over Bleuenn as Shane’s voice boomed out with laughter and nonsense.

Perhaps I was too hard on him.

Mildly concerned about her former conversational partner's mental state. The half witch did her best to socially distance herself from him. Unfortunately, he quickly returned to her side once again, but this time with an audience. More concerned about the extra attention she was acquiring than a possibly mental distraught Shane. Though that quickly changed as he spoke of who she was then one being difficult. Immediately shooting an arctic glare at Shane to remind him to watch his words, but holding back on scolding him vocally as she did not want to draw any more attention. As he finished his apology the man was still met with a frigid stare, but with a hint of disbelief as he just admitted to relearning basic courtesy.

Shaking her head the ice witch chalk it up to stupidity and set her sights back on the cute sweater. Just as she was in reach of the sweater, Shane blocked her path reciting her early suggestion. Blankly staring at Shane’s outstretched hand she was in utter disbelief at the sheer density of the being before her.

Is it me, am I asking too much? Shane’s simple mindedness was beginning to make Bleuenn second guess herself and wonder if all of his muscles were sapping the oxygen meant for his brain.

Deciding against stooping to his level as he would beat her with experience. Bleuenn walked around Shane and picked up the sweater. Feeling along the seams of the sweater the ice witch was surprised by the uniformity of the stitching. Turning back to Shane and peeking over the kitty sweater, “If you wish to start anew, pick out a few outfits that are for professional interactions”. Turning away before he could respond; Bleuenn struck up a conversation with the shop owner in an attempt to gain a moment of respite from the man.

Wc: 346
Total: 6368
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:22 pm

The crowd that had appeared around Shane to record his crazy outburst followed him, hoping to capture more moments that could be used to boost their social media ratings, but when they saw him resume acting normally after catching up to a girl, interest was lost and they dispersed, going back to their business. On his part, Shane hadn’t even noticed them, his excitement from the realization that had been brought about by Bleuenn’s confrontational conversational skills putting him on a high.

The frosty glare from Bleuenn also went unnoticed as he waited for his handshake to be reciprocated but the girl avoided him by walking around him. Holding a kitty sweater, the girl threw Shane another challenge instead. Find her an outfit for professional interactions.

Shane smirked as he thought about it. There was no doubt he was clueless when it came to fashion, but putting together several outfits wasn’t that tough. He could at least do that. It would have been different if she had asked for something radical, something innovative. That would probably end up with the same way she had looked at his red shoes.

“Sure, you got it. Give me a moment,” Shane replied with a shrug as he stood back and gave a glance at everything the store had on sale. It took him around ten minutes of standing and looking before the Draconyte began moving around the stall. With his left arm serving as a hanger, Shane began to expertly move around the stall, picking up clothing articles without hesitation.

It was fifteen minutes later when he was finally done and he turned around to look at Bleuenn again.

“I’ve got four sets of outfits here for you to choose,” Shane said as he laid out the clothes he had chosen over an empty table.

“Professional attire number one. Black shirt and a white blouse. Or any other color that you might prefer actually. Black and white just seems like the most basic,” Shane remarked as he laid out his first outfit choice. It was a black pleated skirt that reached the ankles and a white blouse.

“Number two. I found this gem over there. It was extremely well-hidden too. A simple black dress that reaches past your knees. I don’t think you will go with anything above knees. Shows off a little of your shoulders too,” Shane demonstrated his second choice. It was an off-shoulder dress with straps. “I personally like this more than the first one.”

“Moving on to number three. Casual and professional at the same time. Navy jeans, white shirt that goes well with any pair of sneakers. Smart casual at its best.”

“The fourth one… Hmm.. Nah,” was the end of the fourth choice as Shane just decided not to suggest it after giving it another look.

“So, what do you think?”

[474 words]
[Total WC: 6842]
Shane
Shane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:08 am

Shane's smirk did nothing for Bleuen’s confidence, but it was not as if she had to buy or even wear anything the socially inept man brought forward. However, as long as Shane occupied himself with anything but her, Bleuenn did not mind accepting the outcome.

Returning to her conversation with the merchant woman, Bleuenn took note of her attire. Unsure as to why the woman’s clothing dipped between loose and form fitting, but the loose fitting shirt resembling the top half of a cloak suited her avian features well.

Slightly outstretching her wings of saffron and cobalt; skirting her wings along the wind directing and rippling her clothes to show its duo purpose. “Working in the heat is no good for business as who wants to buy from a sweaty merchant”. Retracting her wings and holding out a hand, “Though I don’t have to tell you that as you seem to have staying cool on lock”! Chirping at her own joke, the woman practically took Bleuenn’s hand, shaking it. “Names Kirsa, Eddena if it matters, well it mattered to my great, great gran who got the family the title and taste for the glint of gold”. Flowing with the shaking, Bleuenn wasn’t surprised by Kirsa’s invasion of personal space or her overly friendly nature as the ice witch knew that was just how avians were.

With her hand returned to her, Bleuenn stepped further back to make sure another invasion of personal space would not happen again. “Bleuenn Bosser, I believe I have my grandfather to thank for gaining the family name, but with blood instead of coin”.

Giving a knowing nod, Kirsa recited the ice witch's name until she hit upon, “BLUE! Such a cute name and suits you so well not just because of your hair either”. Holding back a sigh the half witch mumbled about how everyone always reached some form of nickname involving blue with her.

“So Blue I heard you speaking with your “friend” about looking for professional attire. Though”, Kirsa pinched her fingers together. “ Can you give me a bit more to work with? Even though Rivengate does not go into as much detail or complexity as the rest of the world, the type of job still matters”.

Oh”, realizing that she had forgotten to state what type of profession she was in, Bleuenn froze more than usual as her mind went to Shane. Remembering that she did mention it to the man, but then she reminded that it was Shane she was thinking of. As if she spoke of a devil, Shane spoke out once again sending a cold shiver down the ice witch’s spine as she expected the worst.

Taking a moment to prepare she slowly peeked over to see what horror awaited her. Once her eyes met with Shane’s he began his presentation on the outfits. Save for the third one none of the sets were that terrible, though to her they felt more like funeral attire than something for a meeting. Looking at the grey dead uniform buildings that surrounded them she did not understand how a people with such limited creativity when it came to architecture and fashion could be so inventive. Remaining silent, Bleuenn stepped towards Shane and the outfits. Picking up the pieces from the first outfit she once again felt the underside of the clothing revealing the same uniformity. Though aside from the odd quality of the clothing the fabric itself felt off. Her brow furrowed as she continued to run her hand along the fabric trying to understand how the cloth could feel familiar yet alien.

“Looks like i’m dealing with a discerning eye”! Chirping at Shane’s expense, Kirsa began to fog the man’s gems. “Practically all the front end product is a polyester blend, the people here like it as it’s cheap and easy to maintain and don't have to worry about the dye bleeding really”. Looking back and forth between both Shane and Kirsa the half witch had no idea what polyester truly was. Thinking on the name, poly reminded her of polymorph, possibly revealing the cloth’s ability to partly take on the traits of the fabric it was blended with.

Lost in her thoughts the ice witch did not even notice that Kirsa had moved towards her. It was only when she plucked the article from her did she look to the avian puzzled. “Try not to think about it too much as I don’t know what it is either, but I have better items in the back for those with a better eye”. Returning to clothing to the racks, “Since you seem to be good at appraising, could it be that you are an adventurer”? Rubbing her eyes, Bleuenn tried to hide her stupidity for forgetting about mentioning her type of work. “That’s correct though currently, I am here to tutor the son of an official on magic as he seemed to be struggling. However, I would not fault him for having trouble here as the faint connection to the ley lines would make it hard for a beginner to omit any magic”. Feeling a gust of wind gently flap her tag upward Kirsa would playfully grin at her with one wing extended. “Then what you are wearing is perfectly fine as a magic teacher should stand out in Rivengate. but if you want my opinion, removing the hat and tag would greatly improve your look as it’s criminal to hide yourself from the world”. Offering a small smile in return for Kirsa’s complement knowing that she was not aware of her true nature.

With the last of the clothes put away, Kirsa excused herself momentarily. Once the merchant had left, Bleuenn took off her hat before looking at Shane. “What do you think, hat or no hat”? Doing her best to hide her discomfort, Bleuenn’s ruby eyes locked onto Shane as he waited for an answer. No longer obscured by her hat the ice witch’s ethereal almost impossible beauty radiates outward. The defensive magic that encased her body only magnified her appearance as the light was finally able to hit the crystalline layer perfectly giving the young woman’s skin a gem like luster.

Wc: 1034
Total: 7876
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:01 pm

“Hey Kirsa!” Shane called out when the shopkeeper that Bleuenn had been speaking with turned her attention to him, commenting on his choice. He was a frequent customer from her choice of simple male attire. He was one of the many that liked the polyester fabric that Kirsa had mentioned, especially for his T-shirts, since they were quite frequently roughed up during his battles. They were cheap to replace, and easy to maintain.

It was why Shane had the audacity to just walk around the stall and just pick whatever he needed as he wished.

Shane’s grin became slightly lopsided when Kirsa advised for Bleuenn to go for her appointment in her current outfit, although she had also told her to lose the hat and tag that hung down the middle of her face. While Shane sighed lightly at his wasted time, there was another benefit instead that Kirsa had given him.

At Kirsa’s advice, Bleuenn took off her hat and gave Shane a good look at her face. Shane’s eyes widened at the view in front of him, his eyes captivated by the deep red eyes that the girl possessed. He had thought her beautiful when she was still wearing the hat and tag, but the removal of it was amazing.

“No hat. Definitely lose the hat,” Shane said almost instantaneously. He was tempted to make another quip at her beauty, but then the Draconyte decided against it. Think first before you speak, he told himself before regaining some ounce of seriousness.

“That hat seems to be doing you an injustice. But I’m curious, that hat and tag. Are they meant to hide something on your face? Is there any significance to wearing it with the tag? In terms of practicality, doesn’t it obstruct your vision?” Shane asked.

[299 words]
[Total WC: 8175]
Shane
Shane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:28 pm

Bleuenn held back a smirk at the man, as he had completely forgotten to think before he spoke. “Really, do you think so”? Placing the hat back on her head to not only tease Shane but to help him gather his thoughts as the man had difficulty speaking to her with her looks partially exposed.

Just as her hat had returned to her head she was met with a compliment followed by a barrage of questions. Straightening her hat, “ You did not seem to see anything off with my face, quite the opposite as we are back where we started with you losing yourself to my looks”. Giving Shane a bit of a verbal nudge to settle down, Bleuenn held the tag in front of her face to both center it as the topic and assist Shane’s return to his senses. Pointing to the characters lining the tag. “ The tag has many uses aside from obscuring my face, though perhaps I should actively hide my face as it still drew you to me”. Tittering at the man’s inability to hold against his baser instincts as reparation for bringing up her appearance. Once she had her fill she would continue. Tracing her finger around the tag the characters would change along with its effect. Warping from obscuring her face to even changing or making it hard for the man to remember her face. “I can also take on a more defensive role, or even more mundane enchantments such as concentration, memory, or dark vision. Though as to the question of is there any significance, no, however, it did help upon our first encounter as who knows how you would have acted if you saw the complete picture”. Releasing the tag she would purse her lips and blow on the tag revealing only her lower face to the public in one last act against Shane’s confidence.

Releasing on the last gust of wind Kirsa would return with something that suited Bleuenn perfectly. “ Since you like purple I thought you would like this one the most”. Handing the dress off to Bleuenn she would hold it up to herself. The ruffled ends on the sleeves were similar to that of her current dress, but the dress itself had a more regal almost mystical elegance to it. Positively glowing the ice witch was lost in her admiration of the dress.

“Weaver Moth clothing from the land of the fae. Light, fairly durable and enchanted with a true fit spell to properly fit its wearer no matter what form they take”. Resting her hands on her hips and smugly chirping at her ability to perfectly tailor to her customers. Running her hand along the dress its cloth felt exceptionally soft yet tough like yak wool. Looking at Kirsa, Bleuenn knew that this would not come cheap. “Since you're a friend of Shane’s I can offer it to you for two hundred and fifty”. Halting her touch across the dress the ice witch narrowed her eyes at the avian. “Two hundread and fifty is more than most make in years and besides how many fae come to Rivengate to acquire clothes they can get for next to nothing or free. Given how rare it is given that fae either choose to not wear clothing or only make clothing for themselves or friends I would say one hundred and fifty would be a fair price”. Rubbing her chin and staring at Bleuenn with a primal grin Kirsa looked to Shane before offering her rebuttal. “Like you said the clothing is rare and practically exclusive to certain fae. Given the location and the fact that I can find a buyer that could and would pay a premium for such an Item, two fifty is more than fair. However, since I like you i’ll throw in some stockings and a nice pair of matching shoes”.

Looking at the nice white silk stockings and hand cobble matching shoes with red bottoms that matched the ribbon on the dress gave Bleuenn pause. While she really wanted the dress, she only had fifty of the remaining hundred she carried around. “I can offer you fifty as a down payment, but i’ll have to go to the bank to get the remaining one hundred and seventy five”. Howling at Bleuenn, Kirsa could barely hold onto the dress that was handed back to her. Almost in tears, “Shane, your friend is something else, fine two thirty five just cause you made me laugh”. Removing her coin purse and placing her last fifty down on the table as she doubted Kirsacould handle both the money and dress in her state. Looking at Shane Bleuenn extending her hand. “Would you like to accompany me to the bank? I might need some help dealing with some unsavory character with the amount of money I’ll be carrying”.

Wc: 811
Total: 8986
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:57 am

“Obscuring your face? I guess it didn’t really do that job well when I saw you then,” Shane chuckled at his own joke. “But jokes aside, the other features you mentioned are indeed interesting. I would have to seriously consider it if it was up to me. A tag hanging down my forehead over the center of my face for a list of funky abilities. Hmm..”

Shane smiled again when the girl dug at his sore spot, at how he had lost himself over the small glimpse of her actual appearance earlier.

“Well, if you were me, you definitely be giving a girl with a tag over her face a second glance,” Shane smiled broadly again, winking at her when she blew on the bottom end of her tag to slightly reveal more of her face again.

Kirsa returned quickly enough, with a dress in hand. Shane’s expression turned thoughtful as he looked at the outfit she had just brought out, presenting it to Bleuenn.

‘Is that supposed to be beautiful?’ Shane thought to himself, knowing well enough to keep his mouth shut instead of just blurting the comment out loud. The Draconyte kept his comments to himself, crossing his hands across his chest and then raising his left hand so that his index finger rested on his lips, contemplating what he was seeing and the conversation that was playing out before him.

The two ladies were haggling over the clothing article, definitely an act that Shane woudn’t be doing. He wasn’t the type to haggle. Additionally, he couldn’t see the worth of the dress to even want to haggle for it. For him, if he needed money, he would just go and pick up some jobs, scrap up whatever amount was required for him to purchase. Typically, that item would be a weapon, but it had been a while since Shane had picked up a weapon. His choice of weaponry was more unconventional.

Shane merely grinned back when Kirsa shot him a wild, mischievous grin during the haggling process. He had wanted to speak out that two hundred and fifty was a small sum and that he could pay the remaining sum for Bleuenn, but he caught himself before he had even said anything, knowing well enough that his gesture would be misinterpreted. Bleuenn’s interaction with him was getting a little more candid than the beginning, and he wanted to keep it that way.

When they had finally concluded their negotiations, with a downpayment being made, Shane could only shrug at Kirsa’s pretend woeful expression with a laugh of his own.

“Hey, don’t look at me. She chose this shop herself. I didn’t steer her here,” Shane remarked jovially. It was rare to see an exceptionally crafty business owner like Kirsa get the short end of the stick. Who knows how many times he had paid more than that was needed whenever he shopped here.

“Sure, I’ve got nothing to do at the moment anyway,” Shane replied with a shrug. He had the money required to pay Kirsa with him, but it was best he said nothing. If the girl needed someone to escort her to the bank, then that’s what they’ll do.

“Which bank are you using though?” Shane enquired, as he stepped out of the shop. “Eh, anyway, most of the banks are clumped together at the financial sector of the city anyway. You’ll probably be able to find which one you need over there.”

[578 words]
[Total WC: 9564]
Shane
Shane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:47 pm

Lowering her hand and looking at Kirsa who simply smiled back at the ice witch, counting her Vigs in an attempt to stay out of her friend’s verbal missteps. Slowly craning her neck back up to the large man, Bleuenn simply shook her head at the man’s words as the time to play hard to get had long since passed.

Upon their exit from the stall’s area of business, her escort brought up an important topic while also explaining where they would most likely have to go. Placing a finger over her lip she thought on the question. “Does the financial section have an Adventurer's Guild? I bank with them, well I make use of their holding and transferring services”. Looking at Shane, “I have another account with The Bank of Mirinan. It’s under the Velvet Reign which makes it perfect for investing or buying and trading bonds and such”. Just as she mentioned the bank a spark of revelation shocked her system, snapping her head up. “Actually, I have to check on something so the bank would be better and most likely in the sector”. Waiting on her escort she mentally scolded herself for forgetting about the lumber investment made in the middle of the Newdale incident. Lost in her panic she did not notice Shane’s movement and only till he had almost moved out of eyeshot did the half witch hastily follow after him.

Racing back to Shane’s side took longer than she would have thought as she lacked the imposing figure and the long legs and even then she had to break into a brisk jog every now and then to keep up with his strides.

You have adapted fairly well to this place. Though did you say you were from Miriad or in Miriad when you said you saw me”? Breaking into a skip once again to keep up with Shane. Bleuenn attempted to make conversation with the man who said he had nothing better to do but escort her, even if it countered his original acts.

Wc: 341
Total: 10005
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:13 pm

Shane listened to Bleuenn deliberate over her choice of where to go, patiently allowing her the time to consider her options until she made the decision. When she had finally confirmed she needed to go to the bank instead of the Adventurer’s Guild, Shane nodded and promptly led the way. The one thing he had forgotten to do was to make sure the girl followed behind him.

He chuckled slightly at his own mistake when the girl rushed after him, until she matched his pace. But even at his normal pace, the girl had a slight difficulty in keeping up, prompting Shane to slow down slightly so that she wouldn’t end up jogging the whole way.

“Yea, I come here quite often. Rivengate has its own charm, a very different vibe from the rest of the mainland and I seem to find it quite to my liking here. I’m from Miriad, and I vaguely remember seeing someone with your likeness in Miriad,” Shane spoke as he led the way, hands in his pockets, eyes wandering as he looked around him.

“But I might be wrong. On one hand, I’m thinking seeing someone with a hat that has a tag down the middle of the face would be quite memorable while on the other hand, you said that the tag blurs your actual appearance so that you would remain hidden,” Shane continued, shrugging off the matter.

They had walked ten minutes and finally arrived at a street that had all the banks in Rivengate to solve any financial need.

“We are here. The Bank of Mirinah is just up ahead,” Shane said, finally taking his right out of his pants pocket and pointing in the direction of a slightly more prestigious-looking building compared to the others around it.

“I will wait for you out here. I’ll be getting a drink from that stand over there, before meeting up with you again at the bank entrance.”

[324 words]
[Total WC: 10329]
Shane
Shane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:13 pm

With the confirmation of Shane’s place of birth, it was safe to assume that the magic obstructing the man’s form, hiding his animalistic features. However, she felt it was odd for an anthro to obscure their form in the free lands of all places. What was odder was that even though Shane was born in Miriad he lacked the knowledge of herself.

Expelling a heh at Shane’s words, “Yes I suppose it would be simple to spot me even if my face is obscured”. Releasing a few more forced chuckles at Shane’s words to keep the appearance of a civil conversation. “Though I'll have you know that I do not own only one set of clothing, it's just that I do not want to carry and entire warder with me while traveling. Perhaps you saw me plenty of times before, but simply forgotten due to plainer attire”. Verbally prodding the man for more information, Bleuenn hoped that she did not make the mistake of mentioning something that could jog the anthro’s memory of who and what she truly is.

Continuing to follow after Shane and paying no mind to the speed in his step as she was used to having to keep up with others because of her small stature. Even as Shane matched her speed the half witch did not bring it up as he seemed to be embarrassed by something done subconsciously. Blaming the man for not slowing himself down when this was their first encounter would be petty as Bleuenn did not expect a stranger to know anything or placate her arguable sluggish walking speed by comparison.

Stopping just shy of Shane’s back, Bleuenn peered around the large man that she had been using as a sort of buffer between herself and the masses of people that littered the streets. Compared to the rest of the city, the architecture seemed a bit more decorative even if they were still surrounded by towering buildings. However, at least these buildings were mostly glass and slightly more shapely than the simple rectangles. Yet oddly enough the attire became more uniform the more decorative the building.

Bringing her attention back to her escort as she overheard him go on about not entering the bank with her, but instead stating his thirst while he waited. “Not a fan of institutions of avarice”? Flashing a smile to Shane along with the verbal jab, Bleuenn would look over to the stand he mentioned before looking back. “A drink sounds lovely after all of that walking. Purchase one for me as well and I’ll pay for both once I return from the bank”. With a wave, she left for the entrance of the bank.

Yet as she was about to place her hand on the door it magically slid open greeting her with cool air. Freezing instantly the ice witch stared at the now open doorway in an attempt to see what magic or spirit occupied the door. Though with her eyes showing no such magic or entirety her mind wandered on how such a feat was possible. Her thoughts prolonged long enough for the door to close puzzling the half witch further. Though with each person entering and leaving the building the door opened and closed disclosing part of the door’s secrets. Hopping in and out of the door’s area of control, Bleuenn watched the door closely as it opened and closed trying to figure out how such a device worked. She would have kept her studies up if not for one of the staff asking her if she had any business with them causing the half witch to redden once she realized her mistake.

----

Roughly fifteen minutes passed until Bleuenn would exit from the bank still slightly red from her blunder. However, despite her childish antics, the staff member smiled at her. “Thank you for your business Miss Bosser. We hope that you continue to work with us in the future”. Giving the greeter a small withdrawn nod, Bleuenn would fully exit the bank with a small chest held up by her hands. Once she had completely left the bank, the half witch looked around before taking a deep breath to try and calm down and remove the redness from her cheeks.

Wc: 698
Total: 11o27

Last edited by Bleuenn Bosser on Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:32 pm

“Back up a little. How does a person only own one set of clothing?” Shane enquired with a quizzical look on his face. Coming from a well to do family, Shane never had to worry about clothes on his back. And even when he had ventured out on his own, with the money he got from his missions, owning more than one pair of clothing wasn’t hard. Well, it might be if everyone was buying expensive clothing that needed trips to the bank. But Shane wasn’t really the type to go for brand name clothes or those that boasted superior quality or make anyway.

“But even so, it’s only a vague feeling. I can’t really tell where I’ve seen you before. Most of the time, I’m training in the Draconis clan’s military compound on the weekdays while I’m also training at home during the weekends. I normally only get out of the house during the evenings and nights,” Shane continued speaking as his eyes glanced upwards to the left, trying to remember but failing.

“Nothing in it interests me,” Shane replied with a chuckle as he walked off, waving his hand in the air to acknowledge Bleuenn’s request to get her a drink as well.

“Two iced lattes,” Shane made his order as soon as he arrived at the coffee stand, idly looking around while the owner prepared his drinks. Shane dropped the coins into the man’s palm when it was done and took two paper cups with straws poking from the lids from the man.

Shane sucked on the straw of his cup, standing outside the bank and leaning against the sidewalk rails while waiting for Bleuenn. From the corner of his eyes, he could already see a few strangers that were acting rather suspiciously. These people had the eyes of predators, capable of easily discerning anyone that wasn’t from Rivengate. Especially at the banking sector of the town where people would, more often than not, be walking around with amounts of gold larger than they would normally carry around.

The Draconyte kept his guard up while appearing nonchalant. He wouldn’t be doing anything until something really happened.

Shane smiled and walked over to Bleuenn when she exited the bank with a small chest in her hands.

“So, do you need any help with the chest? Otherwise you wouldn’t be able to drink this,” Shane said with a laugh as he held out the iced latte. “I got you an iced latte.”

[413 words]
[Total WC: 11436]
Shane
Shane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:11 pm

Bleuenn shied away from Shane as he approached. Keeping her back to the man for only a moment, she covered her reddened cheeks with magic hoping that he had not seen nor ask about her encounter with the technology of an automatic door.

Once her magic took hold she would face Shane and his question. “No need, as you require your hands more than I” Flicking her eyes towards her escort’s gauntlets before returning them to the drink that was presented before her. “Iced latte”? Staring at the chocolate pigmented drink with a bit of concern though mostly curious as she had never heard of such a drink. Forming a sort of cup holder on the top of the chest she would outstretch it towards Shane, hinting at where she wanted her drink.

As her drink was placed in her ice holder, Bleuenn formed a straw with her magic while taking a sip. As soon as the partially frozen liquid hit her tongue her nose crinkled at the odd taste. Creamy and sweet, but bitter. The aftertaste prolonged the bitterness and held the hint of what she knew as coffee. Taking a few more sips of the sweetened frozen coffee known as an iced latte did nothing to improve the taste nor her disposition on coffee, however, she did not want to let the drink go to waste or seem rude.

You mentioned that you trained in the Draconis compound”? Taking her attention and hopefully, Shane’s off of the iced latte the ice witch continued their small talk while they made their way back to Kirsa. “I don’t mean this as an insult, but you don’t have the disposition of a soldier or an officer, and if that’s true that only leaves you to be a…. Never mind, forget what I said. I should not pry into your affairs as there is a reason you hide from the world”. Moving ahead of Shane, Bleuenn would end the conversation as even if he asked about her reasons for hiding herself, it did not give her the right to ask about his.

Wc: 350
Total: 11786
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:31 pm

Shane looked at his gauntlets that he had subconsciously summoned out of his pocket dimension and gave a slight laugh before putting them back with a shake of his wrists. He let out a wry grin at the girl’s decision and how she would want to carry her own cup, creating a cup holder of ice on the chest containing her gold. The Draconyte shrugged and followed her wishes, putting it into the cup holder and making sure it was secure before he released his grip.

“Well, it’s a good thing I didn’t buy a hot drink for you then. Your ice cup holder would have just made it cold,” Shane chuckled. He watched the girl made an enquiry about the drink before making a taste test herself. But his attention wasn’t entirely on her. His eyes were darting left and right at the few suspicious men he had seen earlier and he could tell that they were going to act soon. Bleu coming out of the bank with a large chest had already gotten their attention.

“Yea, it’s a little bitter. I guess getting you a mocha would have been a better choice. But I find it too sweet to even call it coffee,” Shane replied. “Let’s go back to Kirsa’s.”

As they began walking back towards the clothing store, Shane would keep his guard up while he chatted casually with the girl. The flitting shadows of the men tailing behind him was easily noticed by him, their skills amateurish at best. And Shane knew where they were going to act.

On the way back to Kirsa’s, they had to walk through a particularly empty road that had little foot traffic. If a robbery was going to happen, it would be there.

“Yes, the Draconis compound. My family was one of the many clans that fought at the frontlines, protecting the freedom of the Anthros when they were rescued from their human and Eldritch oppressors. And a few generations of us have served with the Draconis family as high-ranking soldiers in the army.”

“I was trained my entire life to succeed my father and join the ranks of the army, but something in me told me that it wasn’t the life I wanted. I don’t have the discipline to be a soldier, nor the strategic mind to be an officer,” Shane said with a smile. “I’m an adventurer.”

“I’m also not really hiding though. I just didn’t want to live a life that wasn’t my choice.” Shane continued on, but he cut himself short as they finally walked into the street he had guessed would be where they would be robbed.

“Bleu, you might wanna put that chest down for a bit. You’ll need your hands for what’s about to happen,” Shane remarked as he looked around both ends of the street. The six men that had ambushed them were split, three on each end of the street.

“These six robbers have been eyeing us ever since they saw you leave the bank. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you this earlier. I was waiting to see if they were really coming for us. I was right,” Shane said as he alternated his sights between both ends of the street as the six men began closing in on them.

Their smiles were nasty, grinning maliciously as they began pulling out their weapons.

“Three each?” Shane called out as he clenched his fists and grinned at the opportunity to get a good workout.

[582 words]
[Total WC: 12368]
Shane
Shane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:28 pm

Taking another sip in response to Shane’s contradicting answer. A squeak broke through Bleuenn’s sealed lips as her eyes shifted to the gauntlets and then to their owner's shifting eyes. Increasing the suction within the straw, Bleuenn found it odd that someone as well trained as Shane claimed to be was so transparent in his actions. Unlike the more open Shane the ice witch was aware of not only the number of people currently following them but more importantly how the civilians thinned out by either their knowledge or the acts of the ones following them. Though that was all the information the ice witch was able to gain for now as her peripheral vision could only make out so much detail. However, their ability to empty a street at least told her that the group was most likely part of an unlawful organization. However, her ruse would be fully unveiled with Shane’s warning.

Removing her lips from the straw she let out a sigh for both her drink and Shane’s words as now their stalkers had no reason to sit and wait. Almost in sync with Shane’s verbal revelation, the would be robbers blocked both ends of the street leaving little choice but to fight. Now that there was no need for subterfuge, Bleuenn examined the group closing in on the two of them with weapons drawn. She could not say much for the clothing, but a large number of the group had a tattoo of a crow staked through the chest with a nail.

Unaware of any group with such a symbol or even the symbolism behind such an image, the half witch would not have time to ask as the group drew their weapons with Shane’s suggestion. “Surprised you did not offer to deal with them all yourself, you have more of a strategic mind than you give yourself credit for”. Taking stock of the weapons, the majority were melee matching the low quality of its wielders. Though the group behind them processed the more advanced firearms that only worked within the city. “I’ll take the rear and deal with the projectile while you handle the ones in the front”. Turning to face the group behind them she stopped her advance to face Shane once more still holding the chest in her hands. “Do you have any preference or know the law that disclose what is allowed in self defense within Rivengate”?

Wc: 405
Total: 12773
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:37 pm

Shane saw the same tattoo that had caught Bleu’s attention, that of the crow with a nail through it. For their members to dare attempt a daylight robbery on a street, albeit a very unpopulated one, Shane could only commend their bravery. He made a mental note to go after this lead, to see if he could sweep them out of Rivengate or anywhere else for the matter.

“Can’t you tell? I like sharing,” Shane replied with a grin. He shrugged towards Bleu’s suggestion, not having any preference towards the type of enemies he fought. If she wanted to deal with the ranged ones, then she can have them.

“Feel free to beat them up as you wish. Just don’t kill them,” Shane replied after a pause at Bleu’s question.

“I look forward to seeing your magic,” Shane remarked as he took stock of his own opponents. The three of them stood in a triangular formation as they approached Shane, their weapons fully exposed. The one standing at the front of the “triangle” was holding a long machete, while the one behind him to his left was holding a long iron bar and the one on the right, a hammer.

All three weapons were made to do maximum damage to their targets. No small knives or chains or anything that could be used in a restrained manner. Instead of calling them robbers, bandits would be a more appropriate name for them. Shane’s brows furrowed slightly at the sight, and decided that he would be doing a little clean-up after he had safely escorted Bleu back to the clothes store.

Originally planning to fight bare-handed without using his magic at all, the Draconyte changed his plan. Instead of teaching these bunch of rogues a lesson, he was raring to end this fight as quickly as possible, as painful as possible.

Flames erupted from Shane’s feet as he made an impossibly far jump, propelled into the air by the sudden burst of fire. As the Draconyte soared into the sky, his Anthros features began to reveal themselves, his transformation magic unravelling as he used his fire magic. While he was extremely adept at controlling his fire magic, Shane was incapable of holding both magic at the same time, resulting in the exposure of his Draconyte features every time he fought.

With red horns growing out of the side of his forehead and a long orange tail trailing behind him, Shane’s excited grin transformed him into the robbers’ nightmare.

Shane’s leap put him right in the middle of the group of three and he went into action immediately. He could have used his Jetfire Fist to blast them all from afar, but how much fun could he get out of it?

While the three men took the time to reel around and turn toward Shane, the latter had already winded up a punch and released a flaming uppercut towards the one holding the machete. The uppercut threw the man into the air, before he came crashing back down to the ground in a heap. It wasn’t gonna take him down instantly, but he was going to need some time to struggle to get up.

Which gave Shane ample time to deal with the remaining two. The hammer was swung in his direction, at his face, without hesitation but Shane easily sidestepped the swift but sloppy attack. Three punches aimed at the man’s stomach were released in rapid succession, with a fourth punch coming in from the side and slamming the man to the ground, head first.

Shane moved on to dealing with the third and final guy in his ‘group’, but before he could take a step forward, he was forced to jump to his left. The machete-wielding guy had gotten back up and he had tried to sneak attack Shane with a deadly thrust through his back.

“Hmmph!” was Shane’s reply as his tail whipped around in the air and smacked the man on the side of his head, stunning him for a quick second. It gave Shane the opening to send his fist crashing into the man’s nose, a wet cracking sound emitted at the moment of contact and the man dropped to the ground with a bloody nose.

When Shane turned around to face the last one, he was surprised to see that the man was running away instead, his weapon thrown to the ground. Shane smirked as he pulled back his arm, flames flaring into existence around his entire arm and punched forward. In doing so, Shane released a huge column of flame that surged towards the escaping robber, blasting him forwards faster than his legs could carry him. Smoke could be seen rising from the man’s burnt clothes and slightly burnt skin. Shane had taken care to adjust the lethality of his flames.

Done with his own share, Shane turned towards Bleu to see her done as well.

“Ahh crap, I got too caught up in my own fight and forgot to watch yours!” Shane let out a sigh as he slowly approached the girl. The last of his flames had already dispersed, but Shane couldn’t be bothered to turn his transformation magic back on, leaving his Draconyte features for all to see.

[875 words]
[Total WC: 13648]
Shane
Shane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleuenn Bosser Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:41 pm

A soldier's sermon on the sanctity of others' subsistence is pointless”. Turning to face the group behind Shane the ice witch’s ruby eyes peered through their target. “All that matters is what is ahead, though I suppose that is why you are who you are today and not under your family’s thumb”. Stepping forward she did her best to hold back a smile in response to Shane’s quip as if both him and the attackers were already among her magic.

Continuing her pace, Bleuenn kept her eyes on the three men that stood before her. As soon as the two guns were trained on her the half witch stopped. “Since my escort has requested you to remain among the living, could I convince you to leave”? A flash of confusion rested on the group's eyes as they shot each other quizzically before looking back to the ice witch with laughs and grins. “Sure lady, hand over the chest and will leave you and your bodyguard alone”. Shaking her head, “Unfortunately these coins are already spoken for I cannot nor do I wish to give criminals like yourself and unfortunately I cannot remove you like the pest you are as not only would I be forced to root out the remainder of the infestation, but my escort would be very crossed with me”. Veins bulged out from the group while they thrusted their weapons at the annoying woman. “Listen here you stupid bitch! We are the ones holding you at gunpoint while you have a box! If you don’t…” The chilled vapor puffing out of the man’s mouth halted his barrage of insults. Raising his hand and puffing out another breath the group came upon the realization far too late. Pressing down on the trigger offered nothing but a click as Bleuenn’s ice had already claimed control of the weapon “Shit magic use….”! Cutting off the ending of the such both the head and the two others were immediately encased in ice ending the fight and pacifying them in an uncomfortable yet non lethal manner.

With her trio dealt with, Bleuenn turned to check Shane’s progress on dispatching hush half. All her curiosity brought her was smoke billowing off of Shane’s flashy right into the middle of the group. Waving away the smoke the half witch should have known that Shane would be just as reckless when it came to combat. More so as he no doubt had more confidence in his physical abilities over tact. His recklessness aside, Shane's boastful flight revealed the true man beneath. Shifting her focus entirely on Shane’s appearance, many would mistake the man for a demonata though Bleuenn knew better.

Once Shane had finished the remainder of his half his cocky words would only be met with a curtsy. Raising with Shane’s no doubt negative response to the treatment yet she would cut him off. “I know you left your title behind. However I will still show respect if not to you, your family as your father treated me with kindness despite what I am”. Staring at the lording for a moment longer her mind would go back to the time Shane’s father had treated her not like a threat or a monster, but as a person.

Turning around to hide her nostalgic smile, Bleuenn walked over to one of the frozen men giving her time to return herself to a more neutral expression. Standing beside one of the encased gang members' she shifted the chest over to free her one hand tapping on the man’s frozen face. “While the fight has been decided we have now made an enemy of their entire outfit”. Cracks formed along the face slowly crumbling allowing the shivering man to speak. “Is it possible to call the authorities through that cellphone of yours? If so please do so my lord and I shall question him on who and what they are”.

Bringing her full attention towards the mostly frozen gang member tapping the tattoo on his arm. “Well, who are you and what does that mark signify”? The man only spat at her in response which did nothing but increase his own discomfort. Bleuenn watched the line of spittle freeze weighing the man's tongue down exposing it to his chattering teeth. Remaining silent the half witch guided the ice up the man’s tongue causing the man’s teeth to chip with every shiver. Between the curing and howls of pain, all that was gained was a name alongside a flurry of threats.

You have been somewhat informative, thank you”. Encasing the man yet again to halt any further damage to himself she turned to face the real Shane for a third time. “Dead Crows, have you heard that name before your lordship”?

Wc: 793
Total: 14440
Bleuenn Bosser
Bleuenn Bosser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum