Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Priestly Visit | Edwin WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» Statsheet Creation : Requests & Updates
by Iris Today at 11:30 am

» Izou Ikkouyou
by Iris Today at 11:25 am

» Character App. Submissions Thread
by Iris Today at 11:23 am

» Into the Unknown [Percy]
by Percy Today at 6:29 am

» Shadows Over Pern[jcink]
by Guest Today at 4:24 am

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ███████████ 22
ELDRITCH ████████████ 23
GAIYANS ██████ 12
ANTHROS █████ 9
HYBRID ███ 5
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Donations

Priestly Visit | Edwin

Go down

Priestly Visit | Edwin Empty Priestly Visit | Edwin

Post by wes Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:36 am

all these little lies
and most of them are mine
my words are coated in honey and wine
Light filtered through the store’s display window, casting long shadows within the Predigio Bakery’s pristine interior. A warm orange tinge bathed the checkered marble floor and white walls, the setting sun signaling that it would soon be closing time. Wes had been at it alone for a few hours now, taking it upon himself to mand over the entire establishment for remainder of the day. Business had been slow, slower than usual. He didn’t mind the leisurely pace. A slow day meant he could take his time in the kitchen, and the dwindling few patrons could attest to the overtly intricate and quite frankly extra work the owner had put into their dishes.

The bakery always left him in a good mood. Maybe it was the juggling around of customers that allowed the redhead to forget the nuances of his life or maybe it was the sweet aromas after every freshly-baked confection which soothed him so— but it made for one elated redhead who was more than willing to continue whatever farce was required for the day. It also helped that a lot of said customers had deep pockets. Putting up a face was always made a little easier if there was coin involved, relaxing atmosphere and the possible presence of his favorite employee aside.

Rolling up the sleeves of his dress shirt, he’d begin to overturn chairs atop of tables carefully as to not ruin their lacquered wooden surfaces. The centerpieces had been moved about as well, save for the few tables that were still occupied. Every-so-often he would give the clients a onceover, checking up on them with a simple “excuse me” or “is everything in order?” before returning to shifting seats and cleaning tables. As the day was nearing its end and with how little traffic there had been, he figured cleaning wouldn’t be the worst option. Though he had a nagging sense he had forgotten something…
tagged @Edwin 0320 words
template by punki
wes
wes

VylderGold : 54747

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Priestly Visit | Edwin Empty Re: Priestly Visit | Edwin

Post by Edwin Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:31 am

Edwin

"The fall of a setting sun.
It's light slowly fading.
Similar to a candles final moment.
Only to soon rise again."
Edwin said to himself in a poetic fashion as he watched the sun creep down into the horizon. It was a weird day for Edwin today. A lowly man had approached him early today seeking someone that would travel to  Riverforte. A city east of here. At first he wanted to decline but the man push saying it was a priest duty to ail the people. This annoyed Edwin quite so but he keep the smile that was always on his face as he clasp the man hand. Of course, he didn't turn the lowly man down because he had appearances he needed to keep up. The man promise to pay him a hefty weight in gold before giving him a portion of it now, along with a slip of paper with a written address, and finally the medicine in question. Edwin ask the man how he will find him again and showed the young man where he lives. Taking the man by his honest words, Edwin departed from his home only stopping at the sight of the sun before him leading him to write a poem.

"Riverforte is four to five days on foot and I can cut that trip down to two or three if I go by horse. Decisions... Decisions." He quietly said to himself as he walks the streets of Engloria, letting his nose draw him to the closet place of nourishment before he retires in the inn and set off on this request. Deep in thought, Edwin walked until he found himself standing in front a doorway. Looking himself over, Edwin examined himself in the reflection noting his attire first. He was wearing the red vestments of a priest along with a golden cross draped across his neck. The all black two piece cassock didn't have a single wrinkle on it due to him getting the article of clothing pressed and cleaned. The cuffs of his pants was tucked into the black militaristic boots on his feet. On his right hip was a sword in a bright red scabbard, the design of the weapon was unknown to him as it wasn't a straight sword but a light weighted curved sword. Underneath his vestment, going from his right shoulder to his left hip was his black satchel which currently contained his gold purse, his two journals, four pens, the two addresses, and medicine wrapped in wool which he was going to take samples of at a later time.

Edwin attention then shifted to his body and face. He was a slim man, weighing about 170 pounds on a good day. He was told that his skin was similar to a light chocolate brown but he himself didn't see the connection. His hair was white like silver and was long going down to his neck as pieces of his hair stuck together like little thorns. His eyes was a shiny gold and he found that his young appearance with his attire kept just the right amount of people from bothering him. Taking out his smaller brown journal, Edwin quickly jotted down the poem he said earlier before putting his journal away looking at the shop before him.

"Excuse me." He would say polietly as he open the shop door, his voice came out cheerful and reassuring like a young child who have seen no evil with the world. The reason Edwin spoke is because it seems that few customers remained and that they was preparing to close for the day. Yet, Edwin press on continuing further inside the shop as the door closed behind him. "You wouldn't happen to be closed are you?" He says directing this to the red head that was cleaning tables as the smell of fresh bread push him into a conversation.

WC(Word Count): 650  TWC(Total Word Count): 650  Tags: @wes
Edwin Dialogue color

Edwin
Edwin

VylderGold : 7565

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wes Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:16 am

all these little lies
The more he tried to remember the harder he cleaned. His hand moved in tight circles, wiping away at some table with a little too much force than was necessary. Far be it from him to allow crumbs and stains to accumulate on the expensive furniture. No. He wouldn’t do with that —not at his shop or anywhere his livelihood was associated to. And it wasn’t until the little bell at the front of the bakery rang that Wes snapped his fingers in realization. He had forgotten to lock the door!

Mentally cursing himself for overlooking the fact, he swung the rag over his shoulder and adjusted his grey vest and black apron. The sweet voice that accompanied the chime was not unwelcome in the least, though it would’ve been better if he could be left to his own devices for the evening instead of having to deal with a last-minute customer. There were still clients that needed to leave, after all, and taking in yet another person would just prolong the shift. He sighed. Oh well. Nothing he could do now.

The table practically sparkled behind him as the redhead made his way towards the newcomer, polished shoes tapping against floor beneath them. “No, not at all. You made it just in time actually,” he beamed, his voice as pleasant and controlled as ever. He was a little calmer than his usual charade, probably due to some amount of weariness. Still, his approach remained as convincing as ever.

Sharp blue eyes examined the individual with a sense of familiarity. The man stood about a half a foot taller, leaving Wes to reach somewhere around his shoulder or neck by comparison. The cloth he wore was akin to that of an Otherworlder’s, but it wasn’t the striking gold of his irises nor how the paleness of his hair contrasted against his dark skin which caught the owner’s attention. No, it was the holy symbols the man sported that piqued interest and drew his gaze. Wes’s smile grew a little wider in recognition and he turned to the side with a slight bow of the head, extending his hand as if to motion the way.

“Is there anything in specific you fancy? You’re welcome to take a look, if you’d like,” beyond his outstretched arm was a display of confectionary goods and nestled between them was the bakery’s main counter. Little cakes and treats, both natural and foreign to the land of Vyldermire, were lined up with tags that exhibited names in the common tongue while others exhibited something akin to Italian all neatly written in cursive. He continued, “Though I do suggest the Sfogliatelle myself.”
tagged @Edwin 0445 words
template by punki
wes
wes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:03 pm

Edwin

The red headed man slowly approached Edwin, the man's shoes tapping against the floor before stopping in front of Edwin. The man assured Edwin that he made in time as Edwin flashed a small smile. He didn't care if they was closing soon or not, he could always go to other places but since the red head didn't deny services, Edwin was going to make use of them."Ah, I'm glad to hear that. I followed the smell of bread in the air and it lead me here." Edwin said as he look the red head over before examining the man. "Black apron, grey vest, polish shoes, slacks, red hair, blue eyes, and short in comparison to my own height. He seems to be smiling, why? " Edwin thought to himself as the man turned to side and swept his hands out trying to lead him.

Edwin return the gesture back with a slight bow before walking past the young man as he pointed out the confectionary and small baked goods on the shop main display. Edwin was already reading each and every foreign tag of the items, that he have never seen before. Just the thought of a foreign sweet treat made his mouth water but his face didn't move an inch as it kept the smiling mask locked on tight. "Culinary discovery of foreign goods. It must be due to my lack of travel that I haven't seen treats like these before. I must make note to travel to Sinhaven, Growleigh, and Rivengate. The only logical explanation would be imported recipes. " Edwin quietly thought to himself as he approach the glass and started naming off the treats he wanted.

"Young man. I would like two Sfogliatelle, Three croissants, four Puff pastries, and one bag of Biscotti. You can bag the croissants, three of the puff pastries, the bag of biscotti and one of the Sfogliatelle. I would like to have a cup of your earl grey tea, please." He says turning back to look at the young man as he reaches into his pouch and pulls out his pouch of payment. He assumed that he would have to go ahead and pay for the what he requested before he was handed the items that he requested. He honestly didn't care how much it cost as he was going to enjoy these deserts. "I haven't some of these in forever. How did you come across the recipe. "  He says with a slight smile as he tilted his head a little bit, as a small hint of curiosity could be heard on his voice. Of course, Edwin was lying and he just wanted to know where they came across the recipe. A simple inquiry really.

WC(Word Count): 456  TWC(Total Word Count): 1106  Tags:  @wes  
Edwin Dialogue color

Last edited by Edwin on Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removing Quote code)
Edwin
Edwin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wes Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:32 pm

all these little lies
Young man. He blinked a few more times than was necessary, customer-friendly smile unfaltering. The words practically echoed off in his head. While it was better than being mistaken for an actual kid as had happened in the past, he couldn’t help but feel a sense of defeat. How did people somehow manage to mistake him for someone younger? He was practically in his thirties, dammit!

“Right away,” Wes nodded dutifully, already having been halfway behind the counter as the silver-haired man listed off his order. He might’ve fixated a little, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t listening. The order wasn’t anything out of the ordinary and he was glad that at least the priestly man had it in him to order a sizeable quantity. Some vigs would be made for the last-minute arrival, so at least it wouldn’t be a complete waste of time.

His hands moved deftly, packing the order as desired. The croissants, sfogliatelle, and puffs were all placed into a white box and secured with a mint-colored ribbon, while the biscotti were bagged and ribboned as well. A strange bell was struck within the owner at the man’s inquiry. For the three years he’d been in Vyl Wes had never come across another bakery that sold anything remotely like what he had in Predigio. Maybe the odd Vylderbrand knockoff (which were a disgrace), but nothing authentic. “Really? Well, that’s a shame,” he said politely, placing a small ceramic plate next to the bag and box on the counter. “They’re family recipes, all passed down from one Savaglio generation to the next. I’m sure you’ll find the taste will far outmatch anything you’ve experienced so far.” Really, he had no reason to hold back when it came to his pride and joy.

The puff pastry and the sfogliatelle had been placed on the plate with much care, all that was missing was the earl grey. “I’m curious, though —and you’ll have to forgive the nosiness. Just where did you come across these foods again?” he asked, turning so he could start on the earl grey. Wes figured the most likely answer would be Rivengate, but it didn’t stop him from making small talk in the meantime. Besides, his time in the modern city was pretty limited. Maybe there was something he’d missed out on.
tagged @Edwin 0387 words
template by punki
wes
wes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:24 am

Edwin

The young man seemed to be confused as he listed the desired pastries. This cause Edwin to think that maybe he let his sweet tooth show too much but he frankly didn't care. It wasn't often that he was able to sample such alien treats and he wasn't going to change his order regardless if they close in the next minute. He wanted these treats and he wanted them now.  Thankfully, the boy seemed to have a brain in that red covered head of his and was already halfway behind the counter. Acknowledging his words with a right away which Edwin returned with a fixated look as he watch the red head moving his hands grabbing the requested items.

Edwin then informed the young man that he haven't seen such treats in a while he put the croissants, sfogliatelle, and puffs into a white box with a light green ribbon. The biscotti was place in a bag was tied the same. The young man then place a small ceramic plate beside his requested items and mention how it's a shame he hasn't had it in a while. The young man then continue on how it's a family recipe and was quite prideful about the taste. "Heh heh, I'll take your word for it then young man." Edwin said as the man placed puff pastry and the sfogliatelle onto the small plate. Edwin was mentally licking his lips as he stared at the dish before him. The powder sugar on the puff pastry was basically asking for Edwin to eat it. Yet, his face kept his signature smile on it even as the young lad ask him where he had it from and that he was inquisitive about the knowledge.

Not wanting to reveal anything Edwin went with a very ambiguous answer. "A place very far from here actually. My mother and I use to go and pick up pastries like these quite often. Reminds me of a better time." He said as the boy turned his back to prepare the earl grey tea. "I'm going to take these to my seat. Alright lad?" Edwin would say grabbing the box and placing the bag of biscotti  on top as he took it to the nearest table only to return to the counter for the pastries that was already out. Sitting down at the table, Edwin picked up puff pastry delicately trying to maintain the soft shape of the sugary breaded item. Gently taking a piece of it into his mouth. Edwin mouth instantly began to water more as the taste of sugar filled his mouth as he gently and quietly stuffed the entire pastry into his mouth. Chewing five times, before swallowing it whole. He would quickly stuffing the sfogliatelle into his mouth swallowing it whole as he wiped his face as he stared at the box filled with the treats.  

WC(Word Count): 480  TWC(Total Word Count): 1586  Tags:  @wes  
Edwin Dialogue color

Edwin
Edwin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wes Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:16 pm

all these little lies
“I’ll be with you in a bit, then,” he said over his shoulder with a chipper attitude. Good thing his back was turned because that smile of his had deflated. Young man? Lad? It’d been a while since anyone came by the bakery and called him that. Yeah, he’d play up his attitude at the bakery. Yeah, sometimes it was a little on the cute side on purpose. But… really? He sighed a second time. Maybe he really had worn himself out with his antics. Normally, he wouldn’t be so bothered by the assumption of his age in the bakery.

So, he decided it’d be best to take a small break in the meantime and made himself a plain, dark coffee to accompany it. The customer was a curious one (despite the ego-depleting insults). It wasn’t everyday a man of faith reared his holy head into the bakery, after all. Much less one that offered vague answers to a simple question. Where the hell else would he find actual Italian desserts? What had Wes missed?

“Your early grey, sir,” he placed the tea —a ceramic teacup, atop a tiny plate— on the table. The priest had downed his desserts quickly, inhaling the last treat and then practically salivating over the ones in the box. Wes squinted, the corner of his lip tilting upwards in amusement, “I take it you enjoyed them? There’s more if you’d like.” Though the scarlet-clad man had more than his fill, it couldn’t hurt if he ended up buying more. Hell, he’d rather if he did.

Wes rounded the table, taking a seat across from his curious customer. The coffee was warm in his hands, and he blew into it as he eyed the priest. “Are you by chance catholic?” he asked moments later and seemingly out of the blue. It’d been weighing on his mind for a bit, aside from the whereabouts of these mysterious and possibly off-brand or authentic Italian pastries. He caught himself, however, head tilting to play it off as he followed it up. “Uh, forgive me. I didn’t even introduce myself. I’m Wesley, you?” He didn’t offer a handshake, only a small sip of his coffee.
tagged @Edwin 0365 words
template by punki
wes
wes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:15 am

Edwin

The young man said that he'll be with Edwin in a moment and he took that time alone to sample the treats and by just the smallest taste caused Edwin to devoured the treats whole. The soft, sugary treats were a mere memory in his mouth as he stared ravenously at the box. A soft click was heard in front of him as Edwin turned his head and saw the young lad set down his fancy tea as he asked if he enjoyed the treat which caused Edwin to scoff at the young man."Why even ask such a question, my young man. I will start to partake of these sweets, I have here so you don't have to work more. " Edwin would say grabbing the bag of biscotti and opening the bag setting it beside his teacup as he watches the young man sit down across from him.

The young man then ask him if he was catholic, which caught Edwin by surprise as he had no idea what was catholic. Edwin's face showed the same smile on his face as he pulled out a piece of biscotti and said,"You asked a question which could be answered through observation." Edwin would then take a piece of the biscotti into his hand noticing the hard texture of the biscotti. Edwin slowly took a piece of the treat into his mouth, allowing his lips to close around the treat as he allowed himself to savor it before chomping into the treat."Mhm. Delicious." Edwin mumbled as he quickly began to chomp down on the treat before brushing his crumbs off the table before looking at the young lad who introduces himself as Wesly.

"Edwin."He said simply as he took the earl grey tea in his hand and brought it to his nose. The smell of citrus was strong in the drink as he brought the cup to his lips and gently took the hot liquid into his mouth as he quietly samples it before setting the cup down with a statisfied"Ah."The tea was well done and not to mention that the snacks were delicious. A treat like this must be out of this world, I wonder where his family originated from."Where did you say your family was from? " He would ask the man as he reaches into the bag taking out another piece of biscotti.

WC(Word Count): 394  TWC(Total Word Count): 1980  Tags:  @wes  
Edwin Dialogue color

Edwin
Edwin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum