Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Isla Paledragon WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» The United Alliance | au Smallville + DCU
by Guest Today at 3:00 pm

» Character App. Submissions Thread
by LandBios Today at 2:13 pm

» Virikirax Stella
by LandBios Today at 2:09 pm

» Statsheet Creation : Requests & Updates
by Iris Today at 11:30 am

» Izou Ikkouyou
by Iris Today at 11:25 am

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ███████████ 22
ELDRITCH ████████████ 23
GAIYANS ██████ 12
ANTHROS █████ 9
HYBRID ███ 5
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Donations

Isla Paledragon

Go down

Isla Paledragon Empty Isla Paledragon

Post by Isla Paledragon Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:42 pm

Isla Paledragon

General

Alias/Nicknames: White Wulver, Argent, Lioness of Rivengate
Race: Human
Sub-species: Warrior
Gender / Sexuality: Female/Demisexual
Alignment: Adventurers Guild
Faction: N/A

Persona

Personality:
On first impressions Isla is a bit intimidating but not in the usual sense. Playful, energetic, enthusiastic and with a “bad” sense of humour she can be quite a pleasant person to be friends with. The intimidating factor comes in the fact she spars/wrestles with her friends for fun, she turns most activities into some form of training, she is usually carrying a selection of weapons and she has an accent that sh is told sometimes make her sound like some villain’s henchmen. Regardless of this though she isn’t always looking for a fight, often she tries to take her breath where she can, usually far away from loud crowds where she might become the centre of attention. People are great and all that but she has her limits on how many can notice her before she has to either fight or flight, a decision that most would probably prefer she pick the later.

With other humans she tries to see the good in them but is not one to back down easily, seeming confrontational to some when in reality she is simply asserting her stance. She’ll protect those in need, stand up to those needing put down a notch and fight alongside whoever seems to be on her side for the time being even if she knows down the line she’s gonna have to watch her back.

With Gaiyans she can be quite unpopular, not through any racially charged tension but more her home and her love of it. She loves trees and mountains but she also loves the city, she adores the technology and clothes there. She can bond with an elf or fae over a drink or a sunset but at the end of the day she knows they’ll never stick around long term and that’s okay. Not to mention she gets extremely competitive with anyone who can live longer than her, a trait that she knows all Gaiyans possess and some believe make them better.

With Eldritch she is uneasy usually, at least with the less human looking ones as bad as she knows that sounds. She grew up learning about them in school after-all, reading up on various battles from the Holy war and seeing drawings of various terrifying demons or werewolves. But she knows that was a long time ago and she tries to accept it, even having visited Newdale from time to time and enjoying the company of it’s diverse community. Apart from vampires though, they will always creep the hell out of her.

And finally Anthros she adores, and not in the sense some humans have where they like them cause they find em attractive. She genuinely adores them as a people and has made many fond memories over the few years she’s been travelling and grew up with a few as her close friends in Rivengate. The first place she travelled when visiting the mainland was up north and no one since has ever made her feel that welcome or valued.

History Summary:
Isla was raised in Rivengate by her two fathers, a couple of humans who settled there after taking over responsibility for Isla from her birth mother. A tall, strong and impossibly brave adventurer who died giving her life to protect a small village less two years after her daughter’s birth. Despite this though and the love and admiration Isla has for her mum she has no disconnect from her fathers, in fact thinking of them as much as her parents as she does those who’s blood she carries.

When she was attending school in Rivengate she was one of the few of her friends who did not develop or show any form of ability for magic, instead though she fought to make up for it by pushing her body to it’s limits from a young age. Climbing and running over rooftops, wrestling with other kids even after being told off by teachers, and doing exercise with her dads all set her up to be the young warrior she became. But even with her reputation as a fearsome, brave and capable warrior she never developed the anger fuelled personality that many with these traits possess. Instead simply a free spirit, one who saw Rivengate as her own jungle to explore and conquer even if she couldn’t help but wonder what life was like on the mainland.

It was after she finished her education that she told her fathers her plan, she was to take a sword and a backpack and take the boat away from the island. She would spend a year travelling, fighting, doing quests and experiencing what life was like away from the bright lights and concrete streets. With their support she left, travelling on her home under hedges and by rivers, paying for food through hard work and meeting people of every species and culture. It waste years untill she returned home and by that point it was clear she wouldn’t be staying, instead using Rivengate as a place she returned to on occasion while spending the majority of her year every year on the mainland trying to become as good of an adventurer as her mother if not even better. All the while showing that a kid from the streets of Rivengate can swing a sword as well as any elf or Demon from the west.

First Person Autobiography:
"I still remember the rooftop i used to sit on as a kid, legs dangling over the edge as i watched the boats carry people to and from the mainland. Rivengate was a cool place to live, climbing out my window each night to explore the paths and jumps that were only ever really known to other kids like me. Well, us and the cats i suppose. I used to watch the sun set while listening to music while trying to pretend i was finishing my homework, my dads watching the screen downstairs as they laughed and talked about their day. I wondered from time to time whatever happened to my mum but i hadn’t the heart to ask, not back then anyway.

School was fine also i guess, not that i was ever really the best at alot of it. Magic was weaker in Rivengate but even when my friends were able to pull off smaller feats i was a bit lost, not accepting at first that i just wasn’t someone who was able to do stuff like they could. Probably explains the chip i got on my shoulder so young, and why i kicked ass at gym every week. Every day after school we would run home, exploring down alleys and over homes but they could never get the places i could, if it weren’t for my dad’s i probably would have gotten far more of an ego than i did. But they kept me right, humbled me when i needed it and hyped me up when i needed that too.

I was sixteen when i finally sat down with them and we talked about my mum though, apparently she was some real cool adventurer from the mainland. Used to hit the road with only her sword, save villages and outdrink every man she came across, human or otherwise. They even showed me pictures of her, i see where i got my white hair from but damn, i am not half as strong or tall as she was. They said they never met my real dad, but they were friends of my mum’s for years. Not quick as fights as she was thy were like her entourage, singing songs of her exploits in taverns and fixing her equipment when it got beaten to hell and back. They never explained to me how she died and, well i think im okay with that now. All i know is she died doing good, and that’s why they took me to be theirs, just like she asked them. They even got married and moved to Rivengate, thinking that a place like this would be the best place for me.

It was for a while anyway, but by the time i was eighteen and graduating the school they took me to, well let’s just say there was a bit more of my mum in me than just the hair and face. I knew i had get out there, see the mainland and travel the way she did, kick ass like only we can, hold a sword better than any mage could dream of. So thats what i did, i packed a bag and did a gap year… a gap year that kind of lasted… well to this day i suppose.

I do visit when i get chance though, even got my own flat in the city only a few rooftops away from theirs, my bedroom now more of a secondary entrance than an actual room to stay in. But the rest of the time im running, from town to town through mountains and forests. I stay where i can, pay them back through practical work, maybe a bit of hunting, then move on to the next place. It's not exactly the easiest way to live and it sure gets me into a lot of scraps but i wouldn't have it any other way, every scrape and bump is a lesson learned and i need to push whatever years i have to their limit if im going to make this life worth it.

So that’s the story of how i got here, why im travelling as often as i do and when i do get home to Rivengate i never stay for too long. Usually its a couple of weeks spent listening to my music once again, always the same playlist with only a few new addition every time. I sometimes still go back to that rooftop and watch the boats on the water but the world isn’t as big anymore, just a whole lot more stressful. I just wish the people on the other side of the water could see us for what we are, the street kids who don’t have the magic they do but we still got other things to our name. We’re still smart, we’re still strong and we make just as many mistakes, i know Gaiyans tend not to come here and i see why, but these stone streets aren’t just a sign of outworlder influence. It’s my home, and i love it, so one day when i become a guardian knight… I’ll make sure they know it was a kid from the streets who has their interests at heart."

-Parkour/Acrobatic exploration
-Close Combat/Sparring
-Bad Humour

Dislikes:
-Overly forward or cheesy Romance
-Entitlement
-Social Pressure
-Presentations/Public Speaking

Goal/Aspiration: To become a Guardian Knight of the realm and show that Rivengaters care about life on the mainland too.

Key Fear/Adversary: Mortality, Knowing that they are one of the few races in the world who has a countdown within which to make their name go down in history or experience everything they want to.

Appearance

Height: 5'7"
Body Type: Slim but Toned and Acrobatic with slight curves
Hair: White
Eyes: Brown
Skin Tone: Pale
Voice: Playful but blunt, almost always slightly awkward too. Speaks with an accent that sounds "Slavic" as described by Otherworlders from Earth.

Overall Appearance:
Close up:
Isla Paledragon 445dd99f5f957bf58ad52dd081358834
Casual:
Isla Paledragon A91c09273154eab9128a6a4e3dec707c
With Sword:
Isla Paledragon Fa9c603d8df4181d0c4014993092c8db

Last edited by Isla Paledragon on Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Isla Paledragon
Isla Paledragon

VylderGold : 4340

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Isla Paledragon Empty Re: Isla Paledragon

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:18 pm

Hey there, so before I can approve this there are a couple things that need amending, bump when done and I'll take a look~

✧  You already have a character in Golden Titans, you cannot repeat guilds until you have a character in every guild, therefore this element of this character will need to be changed.
✧  The history appears to be written as a first-person rp account of their life. I'm going to need you to write a clear brief summary of the character's history in third person, you are welcome to keep the first-person account here in a spoiler if you wish.

Spoiler:

@Isla Paledragon wrote:

Isla Paledragon

General

Faction: Golden Titans

Persona

Personality:
On first impressions Isla is a bit intimidating but not in the usual sense. Playful, energetic, enthusiastic and with a “bad” sense of humour she can be quite a pleasant person to be friends with. The intimidating factor comes in the fact she spars/wrestles with her friends for fun, she turns most activities into some form of training, she is usually carrying a selection of weapons and she has an accent that sh is told sometimes make her sound like some villain’s henchmen. Regardless of this though she isn’t always looking for a fight, often she tries to take her breath where she can, usually far away from loud crowds where she might become the centre of attention. People are great and all that but she has her limits on how many can notice her before she has to either fight or flight, a decision that most would probably prefer she pick the later.

With other humans she tries to see the good in them but is not one to back down easily, seeming confrontational to some when in reality she is simply asserting her stance. She’ll protect those in need, stand up to those needing put down a notch and fight alongside whoever seems to be on her side for the time being even if she knows down the line she’s gonna have to watch her back.

With Gaiyans she can be quite unpopular, not through any racially charged tension but more her home and her love of it. She loves trees and mountains but she also loves the city, she adores the technology and clothes there. She can bond with an elf or fae over a drink or a sunset but at the end of the day she knows they’ll never stick around long term and that’s okay. Not to mention she gets extremely competitive with anyone who can live longer than her, a trait that she knows all Gaiyans possess and some believe make them better.

With Eldritch she is uneasy usually, at least with the less human looking ones as bad as she knows that sounds. She grew up learning about them in school after-all, reading up on various battles from the Holy war and seeing drawings of various terrifying demons or werewolves. But she knows that was a long time ago and she tries to accept it, even having visited Newdale from time to time and enjoying the company of it’s diverse community. Apart from vampires though, they will always creep the hell out of her.

And finally Anthros she adores, and not in the sense some humans have where they like them cause they find em attractive. She genuinely adores them as a people and has made many fond memories over the few years she’s been travelling and grew up with a few as her close friends in Rivengate. The first place she travelled when visiting the mainland was up north and no one since has ever made her feel that welcome or valued.

History:
I still remember the rooftop i used to sit on as a kid, legs dangling over the edge as i watched the boats carry people to and from the mainland. Rivengate was a cool place to live, climbing out my window each night to explore the paths and jumps that were only ever really known to other kids like me. Well, us and the cats i suppose. I used to watch the sun set while listening to music while trying to pretend i was finishing my homework, my dads watching the screen downstairs as they laughed and talked about their day. I wondered from time to time whatever happened to my mum but i hadn’t the heart to ask, not back then anyway.

School was fine also i guess, not that i was ever really the best at alot of it. Magic was weaker in Rivengate but even when my friends were able to pull off smaller feats i was a bit lost, not accepting at first that i just wasn’t someone who was able to do stuff like they could. Probably explains the chip i got on my shoulder so young, and why i kicked ass at gym every week. Every day after school we would run home, exploring down alleys and over homes but they could never get the places i could, if it weren’t for my dad’s i probably would have gotten far more of an ego than i did. But they kept me right, humbled me when i needed it and hyped me up when i needed that too.

I was sixteen when i finally sat down with them and we talked about my mum though, apparently she was some real cool adventurer from the mainland. Used to hit the road with only her sword, save villages and outdrink every man she came across, human or otherwise. They even showed me pictures of her, i see where i got my white hair from but damn, i am not half as strong or tall as she was. They said they never met my real dad, but they were friends of my mum’s for years. Not quick as fights as she was thy were like her entourage, singing songs of her exploits in taverns and fixing her equipment when it got beaten to hell and back. They never explained to me how she died and, well i think im okay with that now. All i know is she died doing good, and that’s why they took me to be theirs, just like she asked them. They even got married and moved to Rivengate, thinking that a place like this would be the best place for me.

It was for a while anyway, but by the time i was eighteen and graduating the school they took me to, well let’s just say there was a bit more of my mum in me than just the hair and face. I knew i had get out there, see the mainland and travel the way she did, kick ass like only we can, hold a sword better than any mage could dream of. So thats what i did, i packed a bag and did a gap year… a gap year that kind of lasted… well to this day i suppose.

I do visit when i get chance though, even got my own flat in the city only a few rooftops away from theirs, my bedroom now more of a secondary entrance than an actual room to stay in. But the rest of the time im running, from town to town through mountains and forests. I stay where i can, pay them back through practical work, maybe a bit of hunting, then move on to the next place. It hit the big time though about a year ago, went to the Capital and got accepted to be one of the Golden Titans! I used to see pictures of them in the news back home, just people from all over Vyldermire trying to do some good. Our history teacher said that during the war they were seen as terrorists or extremists but not so anymore, now they are heroes. Like my mum.

So that’s the story of how i got here, why im travelling as often as i do and when i do get home to Rivengate i never stay for too long. Usually its a couple of weeks spent listening to my music once again, always the same playlist with only a few new addition everytime. I sometimes still go back to that rooftop and watch the boats on the water but the world isn’t as big anymore, just a whole lot more stressful. I just wish the people on the other side of the water could see us for what we are, the street kids who don’t have the magic they do but we still got other things to our name. We’re still smart, we’re still strong and we make just as many mistakes, i know Gaiyans tend not to come here and i see why, but these stone streets aren’t just a sign of outworlder influence. It’s my home, and i love it, so one day when i become a guardian knight… I’ll make sure they know it was a kid from the streets who has their interests at heart.

-Close Combat/Sparring
-Bad Humour

Dislikes:
-Entitlement
-Social Pressure

Goal/Aspiration: To become a Guardian Knight of the realm and show that Rivengaters care about life on the mainland too.

Key Fear/Adversary: Mortality, Knowing that they are one of the few races in the world who has a countdown within which to make their name go down in history or experience everything they want to.

Appearance

Voice: Playful but blunt, almost always slightly awkward too. Speaks with an accent that sounds "Slavic" as described by Outworlders from Earth.

Overall Appearance:
Close up:
Casual:
With Sword:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Isla Paledragon 63344_s
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  
VylderGold : 680987

View user profile https://www.vyldermire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Isla Paledragon Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:41 pm

Bump
Isla Paledragon
Isla Paledragon

VylderGold : 4340

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:13 pm

Spoiler:

@Isla Paledragon wrote:

Isla Paledragon

General

Faction: N/A

Persona

Personality:

History Summary:
Isla was raised in Rivengate by her two fathers, a couple of humans who settled there after taking over responsibility for Isla from her birth mother. A tall, strong and impossibly brave adventurer who died giving her life to protect a small village less two years after her daughter’s birth. Despite this though and the love and admiration Isla has for her mum she has no disconnect from her fathers, in fact thinking of them as much as her parents as she does those who’s blood she carries.

When she was attending school in Rivengate she was one of the few of her friends who did not develop or show any form of ability for magic, instead though she fought to make up for it by pushing her body to it’s limits from a young age. Climbing and running over rooftops, wrestling with other kids even after being told off by teachers, and doing exercise with her dads all set her up to be the young warrior she became. But even with her reputation as a fearsome, brave and capable warrior she never developed the anger fuelled personality that many with these traits possess. Instead simply a free spirit, one who saw Rivengate as her own jungle to explore and conquer even if she couldn’t help but wonder what life was like on the mainland.

It was after she finished her education that she told her fathers her plan, she was to take a sword and a backpack and take the boat away from the island. She would spend a year travelling, fighting, doing quests and experiencing what life was like away from the bright lights and concrete streets. With their support she left, travelling on her home under hedges and by rivers, paying for food through hard work and meeting people of every species and culture. It waste years untill she returned home and by that point it was clear she wouldn’t be staying, instead using Rivengate as a place she returned to on occasion while spending the majority of her year every year on the mainland trying to become as good of an adventurer as her mother if not even better. All the while showing that a kid from the streets of Rivengate can swing a sword as well as any elf or Demon from the west.

First Person Autobiography:
"I still remember the rooftop i used to sit on as a kid, legs dangling over the edge as i watched the boats carry people to and from the mainland. Rivengate was a cool place to live, climbing out my window each night to explore the paths and jumps that were only ever really known to other kids like me. Well, us and the cats i suppose. I used to watch the sun set while listening to music while trying to pretend i was finishing my homework, my dads watching the screen downstairs as they laughed and talked about their day. I wondered from time to time whatever happened to my mum but i hadn’t the heart to ask, not back then anyway.

I do visit when i get chance though, even got my own flat in the city only a few rooftops away from theirs, my bedroom now more of a secondary entrance than an actual room to stay in. But the rest of the time im running, from town to town through mountains and forests. I stay where i can, pay them back through practical work, maybe a bit of hunting, then move on to the next place. It's not exactly the easiest way to live and it sure gets me into a lot of scraps but i wouldn't have it any other way, every scrape and bump is a lesson learned and i need to push whatever years i have to their limit if im going to make this life worth it.

So that’s the story of how i got here, why im travelling as often as i do and when i do get home to Rivengate i never stay for too long. Usually its a couple of weeks spent listening to my music once again, always the same playlist with only a few new addition every time. I sometimes still go back to that rooftop and watch the boats on the water but the world isn’t as big anymore, just a whole lot more stressful. I just wish the people on the other side of the water could see us for what we are, the street kids who don’t have the magic they do but we still got other things to our name. We’re still smart, we’re still strong and we make just as many mistakes, i know Gaiyans tend not to come here and i see why, but these stone streets aren’t just a sign of outworlder influence. It’s my home, and i love it, so one day when i become a guardian knight… I’ll make sure they know it was a kid from the streets who has their interests at heart."

-Close Combat/Sparring
-Bad Humour

Dislikes:
-Entitlement
-Social Pressure

Appearance

Voice: Playful but blunt, almost always slightly awkward too. Speaks with an accent that sounds "Slavic" as described by Otherworlders from Earth.

Overall Appearance:
Close up:
Casual:
With Sword:

Isla Paledragon ROjNQKP

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Isla Paledragon 63344_s
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  
VylderGold : 680987

View user profile https://www.vyldermire.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum