Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Dead man's keep WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» Character App. Submissions Thread
by LandBios Today at 2:13 pm

» Virikirax Stella
by LandBios Today at 2:09 pm

» Statsheet Creation : Requests & Updates
by Iris Today at 11:30 am

» Izou Ikkouyou
by Iris Today at 11:25 am

» Into the Unknown [Percy]
by Percy Today at 6:29 am

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ███████████ 22
ELDRITCH ████████████ 23
GAIYANS ██████ 12
ANTHROS █████ 9
HYBRID ███ 5
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Donations

Dead man's keep

Go down

Dead man's keep Empty Dead man's keep

Post by Nemarius the Watcher Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:34 pm

Dead man's keep 259186f45790ef75f71af1f9c3c779d0

---

The enchanted night sky that rested permanently over the West was it’s own evidence, evidence of the terrible touch mankind had placed on the continent. Few remained who had seen the land before sin had tainted it’s skies and people, but there were plenty who remembered the blood soaked fields of the holy war. Eldritch and human, Anthro and elf butchered between two forces who sought only their own superiority and selfish desires for the land that had never been theres in the first place. Though peace calmed the fields of battle and formed this contrasting sky that never felt the warmth of day, it did not guarantee safety for the settlements who wished only for survival.

The dark stone and gothic walls of Castle Drakenhof stood barely a day’s ride from Newdale, it’s tallest tower only being hidden duets the hills around it’s lands and the thick clouds that orbited the silent home like a ring of defence against unfriendly eyes. Each dark window, each cold hall and dusty entrance was once the property of a singe lord, a man who poured his wealth into it’s construction only to grow fearful of how it would be treated after his death. Without wife and without child, the man did what he only thought was the next obvious step, the conversion from life to death, to become a vampire.

Local rumours say that he was not beloved by any, even other eldritch, the order of the eternal themselves finding his imbalance to be a poor reflection of their kind. Thankfully, it had been about seventy years since anyone caught sight of the creature, some even claiming their grandparents heard his cries one night, but none knowing of what fate caused his disappearance. All that was known was that it was a matter of time before a new buyer turned their eyes to the castle, and that time had come. A wealthy noble of Newdale, one with his own family and wanting an escape from the ever present gaze of his neighbours, purchased the deeds several months ago. He even hired work crews to go out to Drakenhof and tend to it’s refurbishment, to clean out the cobwebs and repair any damage that may have accumulated over time. A reasonable plan, if only each team did not vanish, not a peep of their survival or death making it back to town. Rumours have began to sir that maybe, just maybe, the castle’s former master still resides within. But this cannot be, he has been long since considered dead and it is in the best interest of all that he remain that way.

So it was that several parties from Newdale itself put out a reward to any who would investigate the castle. Go there, figure out what caused the disappearance of their work crews, if possible make the castle safe, if possible rescue any survivors, but most importantly make it back alive with news. When Nemarius first heard the tale of Castle Drakenhof he found no reason to endanger his own life on such a venture, what the Eldritch and Humans did over the simple greed of a castle was beneath his care, it was the very reason he once thought of them both as enemies of the older races. But the thought of those innocent workers, carpenters and stonemasons who wanted only a pay check to get by, it reminded him that life was not a question of Gaiyans versus the rest. It was a story of those who deserved death and those who could still suffer from it. The angel arrived in Newdale a day ago to ask questions, and when he had all the answers he could find he set course of the castle itself.

The dark sky above Castle Drakenhof was almost entirely as it always was that next day, dark clouds and scarce sign of birds. But it was pierced by the quick, rippling stream of white smoke which arced it’s way towards the courtyard, emitting a faint glow of light though not enough to form any real illumination of the ground below. When it was close it plummeted, a spear of light that struck the centre of the courtyard and dissipated as quickly as it arrived. When the smoke cleared it left only a single figure, that of Kirigan, the more human appearance of the angel. His tanned skin and dark wavy hair were highlighted only by the light of the moon which hung like it’s own observer, and pierced only by the white’s of his eyes and the pale blues of his iris. The figure stood up, dusting some dirt from his long purple coat and looking around for the one he was to meet.

He knew nothing of the one they called Wade, only that he wore a mask which unnerved the others of the town, but he was a mercenary and that meant he could be trusted as long as he was aware of the reward at the end. It was unlikely that they would form any sense of a bond or loyalty in this endeavour but Nemarius was no fool, he knew that their best hope of solving this mystery was together. So it was that he cleared his throat and spoke, not a loud call but he knew that in the silence of the castle’s shadow his regular tone would be enough. “I take it you are already here my friend, forgive me the entrance but i had to make an impressive impression.”

Word Count; 922
made bycapt. meows
Nemarius the Watcher
Nemarius the Watcher

VylderGold : 851

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dead man's keep Empty Re: Dead man's keep

Post by Wade Madrox Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:54 pm

I'm death, I come to take the soul

Dead man's keep HFJSyoe
**Leave the body and leave it cold**

Making a half-demon accept a mission for missing people was kind of a weird thing, but one the hired mercenary would do nonetheless; however, after hearing the former owner of the castle going through a tragic loss, with rumors swirling about there even being mention of vampires - well, now Wade could get the cruel joke that his boss made for sending him out here. Vampires. They were always a tricky thing to the Reaper. Some had souls, some didn't. Still, the promise of a connection or wealth by helping this wealthy noble of Newdale with the missing work crews was in the interest of his boss. How could he say no?  Literally. His boss was in control, as far as he was concerned.  

After inspecting around the castle building, the half-demon used his demonic spell of hiding himself in the dark shadows of the castle walls while he waited for this person named Kirigan, whom he was supposed to meet.  As he loomed in the shadows, he had been quietly watching the impressive and spectacular scene before him. Although his soul-less black eyes did not reflect any light shown, they did squint at the light that was nearly blinding enough for the demon to wonder if this was some kind of angel  that he read about here; the only reason being that he knew spirits possessed that kind of light, but his half-human form wasn't able to see spirits anymore, only sense them. If it was an angel, then the idea of an angel and a demon working together would make a hilarious storyline. Take that Dan Brown.

"I take it you are already here my friend, forgive me the entrance but I had to make an impressive impression.”

"Kirigan, right?" The low voice of the half-demon reaper responded as he removed the magic that shrouded him in darkness, walking up to meet him as he pulled out a cigarette box and placed one in the hole of his mask. With a few clicks of a lighter, he was able to breathe in the smoke from his cigarette that jutted out from the hole of his mask and then let the smoke seep out of his masked mouth. "Hey, no apologies necessary. I'm all about impressive impressions. Wanna see mine?" The masked mercenary remarked with a sardonic tone of voice, sarcastically taking impressions for its other meaning. To get into character, he began waving his hands and quickly thought of all the actors from movies that the demon had seen, which was hilarious considering that he'd have his mask on for all of the impressions.  "Alright, alright, alright! There are uh three things I need.. in life...Something to look up to, something to look forward to, and someone to chase.."  The masked demon gave his best Matthew McConaughey impression that he could muster. "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner,"  his low voice suddenly held a tough tone of voice with an accent of a familiar Italian, Al Pacino, from the crime movie he watched called Heat. "So I am no more than another stolen relic, locked up here until you might have use of me?" Wade next changed his voice as he recited a line from Loki in the Thor movie that he saw. "I'm the only one who can walk in both worlds. I'm.. the Ghost Rider," His low voice finally spoke like Nicolas Cage from the Ghost Rider. Was he expecting or even taking into account that this angel would not understand these references? Nope. Did he do it anyway despite how crazy it sounded at the cost of even getting hurt over it? You betcha. It was clear that the nerd for humans learned a lot from not only watching people, but watching movies.

"BAM! And those are just the ones on top of my head. I've got plenty more impressions! But enough distractions, we should really focus on this mission." Wade quipped in a teasing tone of voice as he turned away, almost suggesting as if it was Kirigan that was being the distracting one. After drawing out a smoky breath from his cigarette, which wafted out the black hole of his masked mouth, Wade bit down on the cigarette to allow his hands free so that he could open the door with both hands. "Alohomora," He sarcastically muttered, not being able to resist quoting the Harry Potter spell for opening doors. Once it creaked open, the demon whipped out a gentlemanly wave of his gloved hand to gesture Kirigan first. "...After you, angel cakes," He sardonically remarked with a tone of amusement.  If this kind gesture from the selfish demon was really just so that he could check out Kirigan's ass, then it was true. Who's really to blame here? He was like a better looking Aqua Man minus the.. aqua. Besides, it's not every day Wade had eye candy on his mercenary missions. He'll take what he can get.

WC: 847

Last edited by Wade Madrox on Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Wade Madrox
Wade Madrox

VylderGold : 2332

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemarius the Watcher Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:31 pm

Dead man's keep 259186f45790ef75f71af1f9c3c779d0

---

“Kirigan, right?” He did not turn his body at first, only pivoting his head as he spotted the shadow emergence of his partner in investigation.The voice alone was interesting, rather unique though nothing particularly unnatural. What really struck him though, and eventually caused him to pivot on his feet so that he at least stood side on with the man rather than away from him, was his attire. Dark hair shooting out from behind a pale mask, it’s large but simplified features making a mockery of a human smile yet in it’s plain design it carried it’s own sense of unease. The black hat that he wore on his head and the clothing that hung from his rather lithe shoulders were so human in appearance he felt like the man had only recently left Rivengate. The thought of that place made him almost grouchy but he did not show it, instead letting out a sly smirk and bowing his head in fake etiquette.

What followed however, taking the angel’s initial joke in a direction he never could have foreseen, was some strange series of voices, quotes and body language with only that lifeless smile staring back at him. Nemarius knew not what was happening, what he was referencing or whether the quality of such impressions were in reality any good. But he knew that his kind were odd, always assuming that other shared in their cultural experience and pursuits, he considered that maybe he was in fact from Rivengate, after all anything that came from that city was something the Gaiyan veteran avoided if he could help it.

But in spite of this he thought that he should play nice with the eccentric, dark stranger. Make conversation in spite of his confused and go along with whatever sense of humour helped him get the job done, that was after all their priority in this delve. “Ah… i take it you are a fan of theatre? Very interesting, perhaps we should ask our host if he is a fan.” As he said host he gave a nod towards the doors and walked alongside him, looking at the lit cigarette as it hung from the mask’s open mouth but not taking any notice of the smoke it emitted. When a mortal life is so short he wondered why they would risk making it any less, though given they were about to enter the home of a possibly still deadly vampire, life expectancy didn’t seem high on this mercenary’s priority list.

"...After you, angel cakes,” The comment, though likely a throwaway joke after his arrival, was still one that nagged at his mind. He never liked it when humans took notice of or commented on his heritage, they always had their own ideas and expectations on what an angel should be like. Especially those from other worlds, possibly the most untrustworthy of their kind given the weapons he knew they had brought to the continent. If not for their world’s magic keeping such destructive tools to Rivengate, who knows how many innocents would face the crosshairs.

But in spite his initial reaction he walked on inside, letting out a sigh as he replied. “Oh i can assure you my excitable friend, i can be most devilish.” When he looked down the corridor it was almost pitch black, the first few metres being dimly lit from the reflections outside but beyond that, it was a stab into the void to guess what lay ahead. So, he used his knowledge of such places to his advantage and approached the wall to his left, pawing slightly at it until he found what he was looking for. A torch, unlit for many years but it was sat within the sconce nonetheless, it wouldn’t last the whole journey but maybe just some. “Here, give us some of your light.” Without waiting fir a response to his request he swung the torch back around, making sure to stop it perfectly in time so that it was only an inch off smacking the mercenary in the face, close enough though that he lowered it slightly to beside his cigarette. Within a few moments a slight part of the cloth was lit, new enough in fact that he realised it must have been left in place by one of the work teams. But regardless of who placed it there it did it’s job, catching fully alit after a quick pause and as it did he pulled the torch away from his temporary accomplice face.

Holding the torch aloft, Nemarius began to walk forward, only pausing after a few steps to look over his shoulder. “Watch my back would you? Oh and watch for bats, one eye on each task will probably do the trick.” His smirk returned and this time a bit wider, just in time for him to continue onwards down the slowly illuminating hallway. But even with the light of the torch it was no less miserable a place, even the individual cracks between each brick or stone was a dark recess that seemed to consume all traces of light. Whatever cobwebs they saw held no sign of life from it’s arachnid creators and the only sound to be heard was the echoes from their own footsteps, Something wasn’t right, which luck would have it only seemed to prove his concerns right.

The journey down the corridor was not long but it was the same, Nemarius not waiting at any point or replying to whatever else the man had to say, but when he did stop it was sudden. His footsteps halting at once and his eyes narrowing with a look of steel precision. His free hand raised up, clenching a first to signal for the man behind him to stop, before he gave a nod to their front. “Consider this the first of what is left to come” His grim warning told of a crossroads barely a meter or two away. The path to the front a dead end, the paths to the left and right however were dark and blind corners that they could not see around yet. All that could be seen was the rotting, severed leg of a human, laying just off centre as a bloody streak carried on in the direction it’s owner had likely been heading.

Now that he had warned the man with him, Nemarius set off again almost immediately, slowly edging his way along the left hand wall until coming to a stop just before the bend, already aware the light of his torch would have revealed himself to any unfriendly eyes, but knowing full well that the last thing he needed was to run on in and find his body on the receiving end of some arrow or bolt from a waiting foe. After the momentary pause to throw off timings, he peaked around the left bend, only to describe his findings with a single word. “Fuck” For what he saw was a corridor, a corridor strewn with the rotting and bloody remains of at least five humans, each one as desecrated as the last.

Word Count; 1186
made bycapt. meows
Nemarius the Watcher
Nemarius the Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Madrox Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:47 am

Dead man's keep HFJSyoe

“Ah… I take it you are a fan of theatre? Very interesting, perhaps we should ask our host if he is a fan.”

"Something tells me we won't," The masked sniper mercenary replied as he exhaled smoke from inhaling the cigarette that he held in between his two gloved fingers. "Horror and mystery stories usually end with the host already dead, or he's gonna be.. And by gonna be, it's going to be ME if this ends up being one of those wild goose chase, Scooby Doo comedy horror mysteries...all we need is a decrepit old butler popping out of nowhere in here, and I'm going to lose my shit." Wade held a gloved index finger up and peered around the dark room of the door that he just opened, almost as if daring for the butler to come out. No one met them at the door, of course, and the merc dropped his hand and said nothing for the fact that he sounded pretty crazy just now.

“Oh I can assure you my excitable friend, I can be most devilish.”

"Devilish, huh?" The timbre in the half-demon's voice rung with a pleasant curiosity as if he were smiling behind the mask. The comment appealed to him, given that he didn't reveal that he was a half-demon himself. The half-demon heard many compare demons to devils in lore, which was an easy enough mistake to be fair. He wasn't that kind of demon though, just a grim reaper. Still, he said nothing to correct him. "I'd like to see that for myself," He replied instead as he watched him and his appealing ass walk inside the building. Wade walked inside the house and glanced at the door, almost expecting it to close by itself. "Do it. I dare you.." He murmured his threat to the door quietly under his breath with a suspicious narrowing of his eyes behind his mask. Nothing happened though, and he ended up having to close it himself.

The half-demon's ability to see in the dark meant that he didn't really need to rely on any source of light. He had reaped so many souls in the night, and he had his darkvision to thank. Unfortunately, ever since he transformed into a half-human, it wasn't like it used to be. With the dimly lit cigarette, it was more like he could see the room in various shades of greys - no, not 50 shades, but almost like he were seeing a black and white movie.  That was what enabled him to see the torch that Kirigan swung and abruptly stopped just short of his face, just below his lit cigarette. Wade blinked his eyes widened behind the mask, but otherwise his body didn't flinch as the cigarette lit the torch for him. It was just a torch after all. "Uh..Happy to help." The reaper in the happy face mask replied sardonically with amusement. Admittedly, the light of the torch by the angel's face only accentuated his handsome features, giving his blue eyes an ethereal hue along with a sun-kissed glow of his tanned skin. Damn. And here, the comic book artist was without a pencil and paper to draw it.

“Watch my back would you? Oh and watch for bats, one eye on each task will probably do the trick.”

"Sure... if you're a chameleon." It was too late. The song had entered his head and Wade impulsively sang it softly: "Karma, karma, karma, karma, karma chameleon! You come and go, you come and go.." Man, that song was such an earworm.

."..Ahem." Wade attempted to clear his throat as he adjusted his tie, almost as if he were trying to keep cool - as if he had cool to begin with. "But yeah I'll watch your back...you can count on that, angel cakes.." He'll watch his back alright. His ass was definitely worth this mission by itself. Suddenly, he was okay with not shooting the butler if he did decide to pop up. Wade quickly turned his head to peer around the area, still searching for the butler just in case though.

Watching that ass the entire time certainly had its benefits. Wade instantly stopped when it - er Kirigan stopped moving.

“Consider this the first of what is left to come”

"Either the butler did it, or that was the butler.." The half-demon reaper remarked casually, fairly used to seeing death enough to not be phased by the grotesque nature of this body part. Still, Wade knew a warning when he heard one and saw one, so he  summoned his spiritual rifle gun in his hand.

"Fuck"

"..That soon?" The masked half-demon asked quizzically with a sardonic tone of voice. Wade paused for a moment, breathing in the cigarette as his masked face stared at him, as if considering the idea given the circumstance of a dead body on the floor. It didn't take long, of course.  "..Yeah, alright. Who could say no to Better-Version of Jason Mamoa? Guess intros were enough." He shrugged casually as he exhaled the smoke from the cigarette from his masked mouth, and watched as Kirigan peered from around the corner. "Um..I'm over here though..Rude." He mused sardonically with a crossing of his arms. Curiosity got the better of him though and Wade finally decided to peer at what was more interesting than him. Five bodies. Five desecrated, rotting bodies.. were more interesting than him. "...Alright, that's fair." He remarked sarcastically with a shrug, seeing the angel's point of this being far more interesting. Wade then decided to peer through the scope of his rifle to see  if he could scope anything out in the room as to the cause of these rotting bodies.  Come on out, butler. Anytime now.

WC: 966

Last edited by Wade Madrox on Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Wade Madrox
Wade Madrox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemarius the Watcher Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:15 am

Dead man's keep Maxresdefault

---

The running commentary from the masked man was…entertaining, though he would never admit it Nemarius wondered if it was some kind of coping mechanism. His voice filling the air to soften the blow of any unexpected sounds or arrivals, as if the allowance of silence would cause him to squeal at the arrival of a rodent or creak. Whatever the cause of his rambling though there was one thing the angel did know, he had no idea what was wrong with this man. It was as if he knew he did not have hundreds of years of life ahead of him and so wanted to cram multiple lifetimes worth of words into the one he had, likely also a side affect of being picked on as a child, humans earned some measure of sympathy in that regard he supposed.

"..That soon?” When Nemarius muttered his single statement he wandered if Wade was catching onto his meaning. After all it seemed rather simple and obvious, whoever these bodies must have belonged to would surely be the workers? And since their mission was to investigate, technically they could have turned back? But even without such a thought spoken he knew they were both in agreement, they wanted to see what had butchered them. Whether it be a vampire, a beast, or something else entirely. It was only when the mercenary continued to talk that he listened in and realised what he was alluding to.

He grinned, chuckling under his breath as he cast a glance back to his temporary ally. Crossing his own arms and giving a shrug as he leaned back against the wall. “I mean i get being lonely but come on Wade, you can do better than a corpse. Even if you could be one for all i know under that mask, not my place to judge my friend.” The jest, despite the situation, was warm and lively with his colourful accent making it seem smooth when in fact the joke he made was rather disgusting. But he quickly shook his head and stepped out into the corridor, his right hand raising slightly off to his side as white smoke began to extend both above and below his slightly open fist. The strange glowing light seemed to form a beam, condensing until it evaporated to reveal in his hand a Golden spear. It’s craftsmanship beautiful as several ornate panels of metal seamed to display both a sun like symbol but also small carvings of various battles fought. It’s surface seemed to reflect subtly, the fire from the tech making it almost glow as it fell to the floor. Nemarius seemingly no long caring to carry it.

Now appropriately armed he looked once more over his shoulder at the man. “Now let us find that butler of yours, im sure he has some entertained already signed up for his unexpected guests.” Without further need of explanation he set off down the corridor lined with corpses. Though at first the mess of limbs and blood seemed to imply multiple bodies, there lay only five that were in something resembling a whole. The other limbs likely belonging to owners whose bodies were elsewhere in the castle. His eyes moved between them, knowing he would find no survivors but trying to see at a glance if there was any sign of weapon slashes or vampiric fang marks on their flesh. When he saw nothing he decided to carry on slightly, getting a few steps beyond the furthest corpse when he heard something.

A shuffling, a soft groan, and then his eyes began to glow red. With a wicked spin, fast and unannounced like a viper he struck behind to his left and met his mark. The golden spear pierced through the open maw of the final corpse, it’s elevation off the ground implying it had begun to rise behind him and his assumptions were proved correct. As his weapon pinned it against the wall, almost severing the top of it’s head from the body, the horrific creature continued to reach towards him as if clawing for any sign of life. It’s dead eyes never left his own and the evil creation seemed ready to pull itself further along the spear and towards Nemarius when he pulled his weapon free. Spinning the blade in a slashing arc that separated the top half of the skull, sending it flying towards Wade as the body itself fell. “Eyes open you horny bard, we have found the welcoming committee.” As his voice, almost playful in its tone, filled the air… The other four corpses began to stir.

Word Count; 771
made bycapt. meows
Nemarius the Watcher
Nemarius the Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Madrox Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:03 am

Dead man's keep HFJSyoe

In truth, there was an underlying reason why Wade mentioned the five bodies being far more interesting. Whenever he was in the presence of a dead body, the half-demon reaper usually had a sense for how the deceased have passed on from this world, kind of like a psychic sensation that would fill his mind with thoughts on how a body died if it wasn't by his hands. Funny thing was, he wasn't getting it from these corpses, which was why it was interesting to him. Oh no! Was he becoming more human and losing his demonic abilities?! "That's it. I'm shooting the butler.." He voiced his thoughts aloud wryly, settling for shooting the murderous butler and, if it was his time, reaping his soul for the sake of trying to keep his demonic side.  

“I mean I get being lonely but come on Wade, you can do better than a corpse. Even if you could be one for all I know under that mask, not my place to judge my friend.”

"Well...You're definitely better than a corpse.." Wade retorted with a playful sardonic tone, implying that he'd do better by literally doing Kirigan if he was up for it. His earlier comment about the word fuck was referring to angel in the first place anyways, but the corpses being interesting was also understandable, given that he couldn't sense why they died. Man..How do people stand that suspense of not knowing how people died? Crazy.    
"But you know, I have been told that I look like death. Never knew what that meant 'til now.." The half demon turned his masked head to glance over at the faces of the corpses strewn on the floor. He'd seen dead bodies all the time, but he didn't know what looking like death actually meant given that he was a grim reaper. "..Well. Now that this effectively hit my otherwise incredible ego, guess I'll just keep using sarcastic humor to deflect my insecurities.." Wade commented sarcastically with amusement in his tone of voice, playing along with Kirigan, shrugging his shoulders as he continued to walk around the corpses.  

The search for the butler was still on, but a groaning noise caused the sniper to stop in his tracks. You might say dead in his tracks, but that kind of joking is reserved for another character. "You can moan all you want, but I  -" The moment Wade turned in his step, he caught sight of the incredible way Kirigan impaled an actual animated corpse. "Uh..?! Zombies?! I'm not supposed to see them in real life!" The half demon unsummoned his spirit gun and spazzed with a flailing of his arms, the cigarette falling from his mouth as a result. He knew very well that zombies being here was a sign of punishment to the Eldritch, and as far as he knew, he was the only higher demon here!  

The severed head suddenly flung off and practically hit against the belt buckle around his waist, just above his crotch, causing him to look up at Kirigan pointedly. "...That was on purpose wasn't it? And don't tell me that wasn't an innuendo,"    He mused wryly. If this was Kirigan's sick joke about giving him head, then this was NOT what he was referring to earlier about the word fuck, especially not from a corpse. Still, Wade exhaled softly to regain composure, "Hah..Almost lost my cool there.." The masked sniper gave off a nervous chuckle and decided to attend to finding his cigarette box from his pocket when the remainder of the zombies shot up like daisies, causing him to summon his spirit gun again. "Whoa! Okay. If you hear music in your head, then you know you're about to do a really cool Fighting Sequence Montage!" The half demon nerd for humans spoke aloud to no-one in particular and instantly shot at the zombies in several different places with his spiritual sniper gun, finding frustration that two of them were still moving despite the rotting limbs falling off. The worst part about this was that there were no souls that he could sense. These zombies must've been here for a while. "WHY... WON'T... YOU -!" Finally, he decided to shoot them in the head, causing them to collapse onto the floor dead - supposedly. "..Oh. I almost thought this was one of those how-does-it-feel moments that would've made me rethink my life choices...nevermind. The reaper couldn't help but think about all the times people have told him those same exact words uttered in frustration, but he was glad that he was not similar to a zombie corpse after all, like Kirigan had commented earlier. Wade examined the two zombies that he supposedly killed and gave it a kick to ensure that it was dead before looking over at the angel to see if he was okay, "You alright there, angel cakes?"

WC: 815

Wade Madrox
Wade Madrox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemarius the Watcher Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:32 pm

Dead man's keep 2774acad5e35a4e8a2ae243d51a296c7

---

When the other four corpses began to stir it was already clear that, as luck would have it, their focus was evenly split. The first two, those furthest away from Nemarius, were focussed on his far more outspoken and seemingly spoken companion. The other two, well their rotten bodies were already to their feet and advancing on the Angel. At first their feet were heavy, stumbling towards him as if their own weight was barely supported and that gave him time to adjust himself for their arrival, but once they had gotten closer he realised that whatever spurred these undead to unlike was not to be underestimated.

The first creature, it’s jaw hanging by a thread as it almost fell directly forward, pounced towards him as if desperate to land even a touch on him. Nemarius held his spear out in front of him but the weight of the corpse and the force of it’s attack was more than expected. It’s weight drove Nemarius backwards, off balance and eventually he stumbled till he felt his back hit flat onto the ground below. The dead fell on him like a ravenous dog, it’s teeth trying to sink a bite into his flesh and it likely would have managed if not for the weapon he used as a bar to hold the thing back. He quickly looked left and noticed how close to the wall he had landed, close enough for a plan to formulate in his mind.

The angel angled himself, tilting the spear so that the zombie began to pull slightly to the right from the off centre gravity, as it did so he drove his foot into the wall on his left and sprung over. Now using his spear to pin the zombie to the floor beneath him as the second approached him from behind. His red eyes began to glow like crimson lanterns, when he glanced backwards. Spotting to see if the other man was alive and he was, his still chaotic comedy played backing track to his man firing into the pair of foes in front of him.

Nemarius then returned focus to his own actions, spinning around with his spear pulled away from the zombie beneath him, he sidestepped and kept the weapon close incase it caught on the walls of the corridor. Once clear he darted forward, driving the spear into the gut of the rotting corpse while it’s accomplice tried to rise once more to it’s feet. With a twist, his teeth gritted, he pulled the weapon free and with it came a trail of internal organs. Yet still it groaned on, stumbling forward as if only the slightest of cuts had been placed on it’s long since perfect form. With a stiff boot however he kicked it back, the creature flying into the opposite wall as several ribs cracked on impact, the sound echoing in either direction.

Once more he returned his gaze to the first zombie, it’s balance returned and it’s focus only on the death of the dark skinned warrior who was keeping it at bay."You alright there, angel cakes?” He heard from further down the corridor, implying that the mercenary was finished with his own pair. Nemarius answered not with words at first but instead with a smirk, the eerie glow of his eyes and the ethereal shine of his weapon forming a rather sinister aesthetic as he dropped to one knee, waiting for a second before darting back to his feet and driving the spearhead up through the bottom jaw of the zombie, it’s every limb going limp in an instant, just in time for him to shake it loose, throwing the corpse to the floor as once more he impaled the other zombie against the wall. His weapon piercing the stone and hanging there like a nail in a portrait, the undead clawing after him but too immobilised to reach.

With a deep breath and a slight chuckle Nemarius rolled his eyes, nodding at the zombie as he paced back and forth, waiting for the sniper to join him. “Mr Wade, i take it you know of these things?” The question was not spoken with irritated accusation in his tone but was clearly meant inquisitively. “I heard you provide a name, once i have heard rumour of but never faced myself.” He walked closer to the creature, stopping just out of reach of the desperate monster. “I take it these were sent by the Order to punish our host for his imbalance, rather crude don’t you think my friend?” He flashed a grin at the mercenary as he placed one hand on the spear’s shaft, pulling it free before returning it in an instant but this time, embedding it’s blade between the eyes. It’s body as lifeless now as the others, and it’s near black blood running down the golden weapon. “I feel we may be too late for the workmen after all.”

Word Count; 826
Total Word count (Nemarius)=3705/2000 Apprentice Monster Hunt
Total Word Count (Wade)=2628/2000 Apprentice Monster Hunt
Total Combined Word Count= 6333
New Word Count=4333 (-1000 for Apprentice x2)
made bycapt. meows
Nemarius the Watcher
Nemarius the Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Madrox Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:37 pm

Dead man's keep HFJSyoe

That angel didn't just have a nice ass, he could really kick ass, too. Watching Kirigan fight the last bit of the zombies by pinning them onto the wall like Halloween decorations was kind of like watching a bad ass movie scene and Wade couldn't help but feel like he had the best seats in the house. "Mhm..mhm..Yep. Perfect." Wade scrutinized the decor as a gloved hand grabbed his chin, his thumb underneath his actual chin hidden behind the mask while letting two fingers curve against the chin portion of his mask. "That's just what this haunted house needed. You really know how to set the scene, angel cakes!" The masked merc gave the angel a thumbs up with a tone of amusement in his voice, indicating a smile curving along a tip of his lips hidden behind the mask.  

“Mr Wade, I take it you know of these things?”

"We call 'em Walkers.."   Came a southern imitation made by Wade in his attempts to sound like Rick from the Walking Dead. "Yeah," Wade responded normally again with a nod as he pulled out his cigarette box to fish out another cigarette,  "Zombies sent from The Void by the Order of the Eternal.." The half-demon nerd-for-humans recited what he remembered reading from the religious text, one of the first books he read when he got to this new world. "Never faced 'em in person before.." Movies didn't count anymore when he actually experienced them for the first time, though they did help. Suddenly, a gasp escaped his lips and the nerdy Wade placed a hand on his chest with his unlit cigarette held between his two fingers, "I think we just shared a moment! Not bad for our first time, huh?" If a tone of voice could indicate that Wade was winking, then this was the part where he would have been behind the mask as he snapped a finger gun at Kirigan, making it sound like their "first time" of sharing this moment together was more sexual than zombified.

Placing the cigarette through the smiley mouth hole of his mask and holding it in place with a hard press of his lips, Wade flicked the lighter a few times to light the cigarette as he listened to Kirigan surmise the fate of the workmen. "Once these zombies are raised, they're attracted to anything that has life in it and devour 'em..so...yeah. Unless the workmen unlocked last minute superpowers, sounds like mission accomplished. We can technically go and collect our money.." The merc with a mouth remarked casually as he inhaled the cigarette and then let it seep out of the hole of his masked smile. Given how big this place was, there were probably a lot more workmen zombies where that came from. Still, there was something about this unfinished business that bothered him. Maybe the half-demon spirit liked humans too much to allow the remaining zombies to linger around the place for other humans to be killed in an unnatural way, or maybe the grim reaper just didn't like the undead still living. The masked mercenary turned his attention to Kirigan again, "...you up for Round 2?" Ah, he couldn't help these sexual jokes. What can he say? Kirigan was hot.
WC: 546

Wade Madrox
Wade Madrox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemarius the Watcher Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:14 pm

Dead man's keep Maxresdefault

---

If he had only a few words, maybe even just one, to describe the man called Wade… Well Nemarius had a few in mind. Persistent, thirsty, loud, daddy issues, masked, whoever he was though he had a point. After all just because they had learned the fate of the workers it didn’t mean their job here had ti be done. If they wanted they could leave it there, alert the owner of the undead and let him hire someone else for the clearance duty… but what little of him cared for humans knew it was a gamble. Any bodies who entered these doors were as likely to join the ranks of the deceased as they were to clear them, no this was a job they had to see to the end. Or at least to a point anyone else’s job would be far easier.

“Of course, another round on the house sounds like the perfect continuation of our evening.” As he turned to begin his walk down the corridor, the angel paused and altered his holding of the spear just in time for the base of it’s blunt end to be mere millimetres away from colliding with the man behind him, in a way he felt that he would both hate and enjoy far too much. “But i must ask you to keep your rifle aimed where it is needed my friend, we can't be letting your aim get too distracted.” He knew humans and their desire driven ways, to taunt in a sexual manor was usually the easiest way o get them on task even if he felt as likely to abandon the castle right than he was to return the masked man’s intentions.

The walk through the rest of the floor was as spooky as he imagined but less than eventful, filled with the echoes of groans and footsteps or creaks but with no sign of their foe. It was a sign that they eventually accepted meant the next round of walkers would be above them, and so they rose the spiral dark stone staircases of the nearest tower, all the while every shadow watched them with a hungry disposition.

The dark skinned angel who lead the pair halted himself barely a couple foot falls onto the second story, stood still in the centre of the corridor with only his golden spear to illuminate his features. His head cocked to the side as if sensing something, listening like a predatory creature rather than a man. He flexed his grip on the spear just as a single foot step could be heard down their right, towards the north face of the castle. Reacting with a slight roar from his teeth, Nemarius threw his spear into the air, catching it like a javelin before launching it’s large bladed tip arcing into the darkness. At first there was no sign of an enemy, but then it embedded itself in the chest of a zombie who had been stood dead centre as if waiting for their arrival. He cast another glance around, taking in the surroundings before he spoke. “I see two down north side, i’ll let you handle the three to the south.” The undead continued to walk towards him, it’s distance marked by the eerie glow of the spear that impaled it.

Word Count; 552
Total combined word count= 5,431
made bycapt. meows
Nemarius the Watcher
Nemarius the Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum