Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Folly of the Tomb Raiders WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» Character App. Submissions Thread
by Ueredu Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:00 pm

» Ueredu - Eldritch
by Ueredu Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:59 pm

» A Perfectly Normal Day [Katsumi]
by Katsumi Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:16 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Kiigan Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:14 am

» Cassidi
by Iris Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:47 am

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
Ueredu
Folly of the Tomb Raiders I_vote_lcapFolly of the Tomb Raiders I_voting_barFolly of the Tomb Raiders I_vote_rcap 
Kiigan
Folly of the Tomb Raiders I_vote_lcapFolly of the Tomb Raiders I_voting_barFolly of the Tomb Raiders I_vote_rcap 
Iris
Katsumi
wes
Kupo

Donations

Folly of the Tomb Raiders

Go down

Folly of the Tomb Raiders Empty Folly of the Tomb Raiders

Post by Luchta Dagda Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:25 pm

“An chuid eile galánta síoraí” The soft, melodic sound of the hooded figure’s voice seemed to echo within the indented ground. An overgrown sunken circle that to any other would seem little more than a pit or a hole long since lost of any significance. But the signs were there to those who knew what they sought, Luchta Dagda was one such person. The forrest that he found himself within was the very same he had been born under, it’s candies forming the only roof he would ever know for the first fifty years of his existence. It’s green corridors he would walk alongside his mother or patrol like the ancient creature he knew as his other parent. It was they who taught him of the many long since forgotten tombs of Gaiyans since past, Elves in particular had several ruins hidden by the earth that so many crossed without second thought. Beneath the moss, fines and grass of that sunken pit he recognised the shapes of an entrance, but it took him time to realise how to open such a path.

To do so he planted himself at the centre like a statue in memory of the one who rested below, but where they were typically stone he was a being of partly flesh and blood, the rest a mass of writhing branches and plant life. His feet, both turned to root like tendrils stretched out in every direction, slipping under the foliage to feel their way across the hidden stone till at last he found the carvings of words above the doorway. It was simple, not the protective measures meant for royalty, but enough to keep this noble scion at peace for hundreds of years. But the half blooded one, his long red hair slipping out from under a forest green hood, was there to interrupt their peace. When the words left his lips, they were recognised by the enchantments of that place and soon the creaking of stone underfoot caused an opening where the floor gave way, moss, dirt and other debris falling till it cascaded and covered the staircase which was only lit by what little light could reach.

The morning was still early and that meant the only sound the hybrid could hear was the song of birds, the gentle breeze against his hood and his nostrils were filled with every stench that was previously trapped beneath the earth. The ear on the right side of his face, the one currently made from his wooden workings, extended out as a branch of it’s own and gently slid the tip of his hood down until his face was revealed, a pale but handsome elven one with skin hinted by green to the extent on anyone else it would seem they could not be real. His mission was simple, enter the tomb and retrieve the diadem for the Elf’s descendant, but as much as the reward would be appreciated he cared more for the excitement and beauty of being the first to see the internal workings of such a tomb. Stories passed down claimed that several traps and tasks lay ahead before the burial chamber, enough so that no singular thief would likely pull it off. But he was one man, and one who was too busy entranced by the possibility of the expedition to care for whatever odds stood against him. His roots receded, his other foot returning to it’s elven fleshy appearance before slipping back into the boot he had previously removed, it was time to enter he thought.

Translation:
Luchta Dagda
Luchta Dagda

VylderGold : 7476

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Folly of the Tomb Raiders Empty Re: Folly of the Tomb Raiders

Post by Emi Kazama Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:44 am

joker's always wild

but I just can't smile without you

Today was the smuggler's turn for treasure hunting, and this one particularly had a penchant for stealing Gaiyan treasure and smuggling it to the best seller. Unfortunately, the thief wouldn't be able to keep all the vgs for herself. She still had a debt to pay Wesley, after all.

The breeze that blew at Emi's countenance was a welcoming one under the blistering heat of the sun as she zipped away on her bicycle. Her orange bandana thankfully covered most of her head and kept her spearmint-colored hair away from her face while she rode on her bike into the hoptus forest. Emi wasn't afraid of riding her bike on the natural pathways of the forest, but she did come to a stop behind some trees just before she reached a clearing.

The hoptus forest can really change people. Upon parking her bike to eat a sandwich she had taken from Wesley, the thief that never shared her food somehow ended up only eating half a sandwich upon encountering a particularly grumpy-looking biyaya. Somehow, she hoped she wasn't going to regret that by starving later.

"...I'm regretting it already.." A sigh escaped Emi's lips as she mourned for that half-sandwich she decided to give up for nature. "What the fuck came over me anyway?" Before she can ponder more on that, the greenette blinked her green orbs with a raise of her eyebrows upon catching sight of the treasure vault opening by a red-haired, half-tree-looking - oh great it had pointy ears. Of course it was also an elf. Emi couldn't help but crinkle her nose slightly in annoyance at the thought of running into what looked like some kind of Gaiyan while trying to steal Gaiyan treasure. He better not even think about getting in the way. Still, as her eyebrows knit together pensively, she came to the decision to give this guy a chance not to get in her way.

"Well wood ya look at that?! Ahahah!" Emi joked with a broad grin upon slinking out of her hiding spot among the trees as she skipped along to the opened passageway. "Pfft! Now that's an en-try!" She emphasized on "tree," finding her own double meaning hilarious as she giggled out loud before covering her mouth with a gloved hand as she eyed him closely. If there would have been an instance where Emi would have found this red-head familiar, this would have been it. Unfortunately, she was far too drunk during Single's night to remember.

Entering the cave proved to be immediately perilous when the thief stopped just short of three feet in and caught the markings of what looked like a trap. "Shit! Ahah.." The leather boots she wore were practically standing on her toes, trying to hold back from making a tragic misstep onto that third step. The danger and fear of death only fueled her adrenaline rush; the narrowing of her eyebrows on her countenance was only etched with determination. "I was wondering when the fun would start!" Before she'd dare to find another way around, she peered back at the Gaiyan man, keeping her guard up in case he was gonna try anything to stop her.  

Outfit | Word Count: 532| Tag: @luchta

:hearts: Caillte

Last edited by Emi Kazama on Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:17 am; edited 4 times in total
Emi Kazama
Emi Kazama

VylderGold : 94582

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Folly of the Tomb Raiders Empty Re: Folly of the Tomb Raiders

Post by Luchta Dagda Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:04 pm

Folly of the Tomb Raiders 9d9cb43423416ac1f6796211b1386b3d

---

To say that Luchta had a dislike for mortal men and women was wrong, he loved the humans in the way one loves it when a child finds their passion in life. They had an energy, a drive which made the most of their brief existence and often he found them teaching him what others of his kind often forgot, that a world of beauty was pointless if you didn’t let yourself savour it. But to say he did not find many of their kind irritating as another matter, for ever since he first left his forrest home he had known more hatred and harassment for simply existing from them than any other species.

For some it was the half blood of an old one which made them mistrust the red headed wanderer, concerned that his wooden appearance and branch based abilities made him some spawn of foul magic but for others it was far less warranted concern. His ears, pointed with a sharpness akin to the man’s strong jaw and his piercing eyes, they were the features of an elf who some despised for little more than the feeling of empowerment they thrived off by not being the bottom of the food-chain. It was like children mocking others for the size of their nose or colour of their hair, those without power often sought to rob others of their power in self worth.

So when a voice called down to Luchta with a jester’s grin and a child’s giggle he was optimistic that perhaps they were simply a playful spirit, however the look in their eyes was enough of a warning this girl did not jest for their mutual enjoyment. “Well well…” He responded as he turned to face her properly, watching the arrival as she dropped down into the pit alongside him. “… Someone seems to be green with envy.” He countered with a soft tone to his rhythmic voice. The irony of his pale green complexion not lost on him, but simply an opening to not escalate their situation.

In spite of him however she walked past, entering the revealed cave as the hybrid watched her from behind. She knew what was there surely, she must have done, anyone else would have been driven away by the idea of striding into the dark of the earth without proper guidance on where they were heading and how. She did not get for however before she stopped, his hearing picking up her frustration then excitement with ease as he began to approach her. “Do you often find death for the sake of petty gold fun?” He asked her, a playfully teasing mockery to his question as he used his keen eyes to scan the dark for the nature of the trap. Knowing that either she would reveal herself as shallow or correct him on his assumptions, either way he did not wish to fight her without cause so he simply allowed her to try and journey alongside him.

Spotting what she had too, that the next step was pressure sensitive, Luchta took in a slow breath and had his arm begin to stretch, fingers revealing themselves to be like roots as they reached the floor and began to slide between the cracks of the stone, reaching under the pressure plate and interweaving to obstruct any pressure from pressing down on the mechanism, then, with a sudden jolt of his shoulder he disconnected the step. Like a basket caught in vines it was raised up off the floor, exposing the inner workings of the ancient but effective first trap. “I see someone was expecting you.” He commented under his breath to the human as he squatted down, sending his grasping tendrils down into the primitive mechanisms and misaligning various pieces until he was confident in the path ahead. “All the connections seem to run back here, i trust that will be the first of our surprises gone silent.” Confident in his work he simply walked ahead, and much to his pride he was correct, various steps went down but nothing came of it.

Word Count; 683
Total Personal Word Count; 1277
made bycapt. meows
Luchta Dagda
Luchta Dagda

VylderGold : 7476

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum