Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Mr Sandman, where did you drink? [Quest w/Karimah] WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» Serving Wine, Spilling Secrets
by Nemarius the Watcher Yesterday at 11:01 pm

» Face Claim List
by wes Yesterday at 10:43 pm

» Luchta Dagda
by Nessa Cordelia Lux Yesterday at 4:00 pm

» Character App. Submissions Thread
by Nessa Cordelia Lux Yesterday at 3:59 pm

» Thread Moving Requests
by Nessa Cordelia Lux Yesterday at 2:24 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ███████████ 22
ELDRITCH ████████████ 23
GAIYANS ██████ 12
ANTHROS █████ 9
HYBRID ███ 5
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Donations

Mr Sandman, where did you drink? [Quest w/Karimah]

Go down

Mr Sandman, where did you drink? [Quest w/Karimah] Empty Mr Sandman, where did you drink? [Quest w/Karimah]

Post by Luchta Dagda Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:34 pm

In a world where all roads lead to Engloria, it was inevitable a traveller would find himself there at least once in his lifetime. For a traveller with a longer lifetime that might mean several visits, for one such as Luchta Dagda it meant numerous visits though each visit made the others feel like distant dreams. The half breed elf never felt at home in cities really, rarely settling in any for long even if he did find joy and humour in the night life of such communities. Maybe it was his childhood in a Forest that made him feel never at home, maybe it was being hundreds of years older than most he would meet at the bar, maybe it was the fact his other half came from a species few understood including themselves. Whatever it was that made him never stay for long, he always found himself visiting once again, but his time in the city was now coming to a close and he had one last job to complete before he did.

The warm red hair rolled down Luchta’s shoulders in a way that was effortless, like a model who was perfectly positioned for the admirations of others even if he himself did not realise how lucky he tended to be with his aesthetics. Pale elven skin that reflected the artificial light of a city under the covers of night, he liked it better at these times for there were less people to judge him for his mixed heritage. At times he would jest that it was merely his skin that drew such ire, the pale complexion that was made irregular by undertones of green due to spring being the current season. But in reality it was not something so trivial and childish as this which would make others look at him with mistrust, rather the fact almost half of his body was made from wood branches weaving in and around each other like a man made from wicker, and with an oval green orb for an eye on that half of his body. Given both his age and the power of his blood it was to be expected that he was a powerful adventurer when he wanted to be, made even more evident by the fact he rarely stayed still in all his time since leaving the forest of his birth. But even powerful adventures have weak spots, so the call for someone to rescue a most dear companion brought Luchta into the fold without much time for heavy thinking or planning, he had to find Mr Sandman.

The half elf held up a sheet of paper in his left hand, eyes scanning the features of the drawing to try put the markings and colourations to memory. Meanwhile his right hand, the one currently made from branches that moved and weaved like vines, held a spear but more casually like a walking stick than as a weapon ready for battle. A gentle steady breath left his nostrils, a subtle sigh as he tried to ponder next step and possible routes they could have gone. A wealthy noble in the city, one of the humans looking to gain popularity in politics guessed, had lost their beloved Mr Sandman when he realised they did not return home after a night out. The day went and still no sign, so it was that the second night several willing  adventurers made they way through streets an alleys in search of the target. “Sorry lad but can you repeat that? He would travel the pub circuit?” He asked, his accent cutting through the silence with ease despite his volume being below average and his tone soft.

“Aye, that's right. Wee feline be turning up at the bar each night. Strolls up, paws at the door till someone lets the poor thing in. Gets some milk, maybe a treat then runs off to the next place. I reckon they must get round at least half the pubs in the city each night on their route, should give em a try sir.” The sturdy looking fee as sat on a wall not far from the noble’s home, just a few metres from the closest bar which seemed to be brimming with popularity but no one too rowdy. Though they eyed up Luchta its unease they never said anything rude when he approached with questions about the nobleman’s cat, in fact they looked sad to hear the pet hadn’t returned.

“Thank you, i hope you enjoy yer evening.” Luchta replied politely, a small smile on his lips as he bowed his head but he quickly returned his features to their resting appearance, as if staring off into deep thought even if usually he was merely daydreaming or confused. But first he returned to the side of the other adventurer he had met in search for the pet. He hadn’t known them long, about seven minutes in fact, but he had a good feeling about this one. She seemed sweet enough, and you never knew how handy an otherworldly could be… literally in fact as even after all these years he was still impressed by their diversity in ability and potential. He handed them the rather crude drawing of the cat he had picked up from one of the flyers, a child’s attempt he assumed but did not wish to judge regardless. “According to the kind one behind me they visit various pubs each night to retrieve offerings, it’s unlikely anyone else has come across this so i feel like we should focus on it perhaps. Ask at this one at least and see if anyone working saw them?” As if in a daze he moved to step past her, but quickly he regained his manners and smiled warmly, bowing his head to his new colleague and placing his hand over his heart. “Oh and my apologies, i don't believe i said my name earlier… You can call me Lucas, or Lucan, or come up with one, i no mind."
Luchta Dagda
Luchta Dagda

VylderGold : 7569

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mr Sandman, where did you drink? [Quest w/Karimah] Empty Re: Mr Sandman, where did you drink? [Quest w/Karimah]

Post by Karimah Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:15 pm

Mr Sandman, where did you drink? [Quest w/Karimah] Header

OH, IMAGINE A LAND, IT’S A FAR AWAY PLACE WHERE THE CARAVAN CAMELS ROAM. WHERE YOU WANDER AMONG EVERY CULTURE AND TONGUE.

Hundreds of passive, relaxed, varying faces thronged the roads, by the wanted posters plastered nearly on every wall, and yet none shared features quite so different as the one with long, crimson ringlets spoke so softly yet so clearly to the small crowd, that she needn’t lean in to listen or hear.

Plenty of time she had to admire and gasp quietly to herself. She was enamored. Ears she was fated to love, fated to adore, fated to want to touch all day long. She could write a million mushy-gushy poems concerning the majestic nature of the elven race, a Herculean love letter dedicated to their blessed existence, and it still wouldn’t be enough to delineate the absurdity of this childish fascination that thrived deeply within the diminutive bookworm, this remarkable fantasy that caused everything light and fluffy to swell within the confines of her smoke-textured soul. She might have been innocently marveling at the smooth side of his face, mostly the hints of his elven heritage, but she was very much present for the conversation and chuckled with amusement at the merest notion of a cat that visited every accessible pub for a glorious helping of milk.

But she must have laughed harder, while still maintaining a good-natured air, at the poor drawing of the seemingly wobbly-looking feline they were meant to find. Her version of loud was very tame and hardly so; it was surprisingly delicate. But then she composed herself right as the focus of her friendly adoration addressed her. The gentleman appeared as though mystified by something, as though caught in a dreamy daze that he would surely never wake from. After he relayed to her invaluable information, it sounded quite final and made the crestfallen genie assume they would part ways very soon. But, having moved past her just a smidge, he seemed to recall something important.

She watched him with wide, brown irises that gradually consumed the whites of her eyes, causing her to resemble more and more like an awe-struck, fuzzy-wuzzy demon from happy hell than a sheltered doe-eyed lamp dweller. How could she have been so blind? Such intricate patterns graced the other side of his face, quite like that of a mask, and she likened the patterns to a masquerade piece from a fairytale. Was she really in such a garish and nightmarish world? It didn’t feel like it anymore. Or was she truly lost in a land of whimsy and wonder? She didn’t know and would answer that for herself with time.

“I would rather call you by your given name.  I wouldn’t want to address you differently if — Oh—You— you do not need to apologize to the likes of me. You really shouldn’t. I — I should be sorry. I was staring,” said the somewhat ashamed and surprised Karimah, wondering if it was customary for elves to bow in greeting, as she took a slow step back and dipped the upper half of her body with a nervous smile, placing a hand over her heart as well. “so rudely. I’m sorry, but you’re terribly enchanting! Pleased to meet you, Lucas.”

“I am Uncouth,” came the introduction, which she realized a little too late that she had malfunctioned again. “No! What I mean is . . . my name is Karimah. My name is not Uncouth. I don’t normally say that. I don’t know why I said that. Forgive me, please?”

“Mr. Sandman, why! We miss you, buddy!” came the sudden wail of the kind, sobbing man Lucas conversed with prior. Her embarrassment was as clear as day for herself, but her gratefulness for his sadness skyrocketed (but it also caused her soft heart to burst). That was the diversion she needed to calm herself and so she took it with great rapidity and stood up straighter than ever, tossing her silvery hair like the awkward queen she was.

“Shall we look for our beloved Mr. Sandman? I must admit, I’ve never visited a pub before,” said Karimah with a start, matching his pace. “I’m sure there is a fair amount of drinking involved, jaw-dropping tomfoolery, and a swarm of peculiar smells. We will find him in all that madness, won’t we? This will be fun!” And then she noticed his spear.

“Have you,” she peered around him curiously, her focus never leaving the weapon in his possession, “ever killed anyone with that before?” She unconsciously moved her hand to her stomach, imagining the horrible pain of it twisting up her insides, guts pouring out of her mortal body. It was enough to make her want to shed her human skin and fly high into the sky. But it also tickled the imagination.

Word Count; 781
made bycapt. meows
Karimah
Karimah

VylderGold : 1654

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mr Sandman, where did you drink? [Quest w/Karimah] Empty Re: Mr Sandman, where did you drink? [Quest w/Karimah]

Post by Luchta Dagda Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:38 pm

The smile that subtly wove his features was warm and gentle, as if he was watching a dear pet or child at play and thought to himself how life must look to someone so pure. As she replied to him, her rambling and trail of thought was so fascinating and enjoyable that he planted he steadied his stance and faced her fully, providing her his entire focus and attention as he leaned slightly against the spear as if it were a walking stick. The young lass sure was special, even if he could not place a fine as to how, she was a strange mixture of comfort and the unknown which he did not yet understand, the best things in life always were. He wasn’t quite sure what thoughts informed the look she gave him though, it wasn’t a nefarious look but it sure wasn’t one he was used to. Given his heritage, to be observed wasn’t unusual, but to be looked at with such wonder and admiration was unusual.

The look she gave his spear though, now that wasn’t adoration or fasciation she eyed it with, the move to her stomach was not the gesture of someone who was used to such weapons he realised. “You’re a cute one uncouth, forgiveness granted.” He stopped talking for a moment, as if that statement alone was somehow enough to answer every question and statement she had bombarded the half blood’s way. Instead he drifted his eyes up to the tip of the spear, the branches of his right arm winding around the shaft until they covered the blade itself and left it looking more like a wizard’s staff. “Oh, yes when needed. i cherish life in all it’s forms, So i like being able to continue experiencing it. Some people try to stop that and it’s a wee bit rude, so i end theirs first, but that’s enough about me uncouth.” His smile widened into a lighthearted but subtle smirk, like he was moments away from a deep thought or bursting into laughter at the conversation. “Oh and the name is Luchta, that is what my parents gave me.”

Walking past her finally however, the hybrid approached the bar with his eyes scanning every inch of it’s external appearance. Taking in the entrance, those he could see through the windows, those he saw outside, the building itself, all was processed somewhat though he he also diverted some focus to shrink the wooden portions of his face. Where once was an even split, the wood pulled away and confusingly elven flesh appeared underneath as if the branches were only a mask to cover a fully elven appearance underneath.Just as inhumanly crafted as the other half, his face now appeared entirely elven if not for the odd colouration. “Drinking? Certainly. Tomfoolery? only when i've been drinking. Peculiar smells? It’s called setting the scene i believe, really adds to the atmosphere… Oh yes this is the real gift humanity blessed us with.” He explained as he stopped just before the doorway.

Luchta opened up the door to the pub and stood to the side, keeping it clear for Karimah to enter first out of being polite. “Come on, let’s see how Mr Sandman take’s his cocktails. “ He had to admit it was pretty funny and cute that this cat would go on a tour of various bars on it’s nightly routine, but he had heard and seen many stranger habits over the years. If he remembered correctly, the previous night he had been drinking pretty heavily himself, the other bars in this section were pretty easy to navigate to but they were pretty diverse in their directions, perhaps the people here knew where he would stop next? As quickly as the question entered his mind he realised he probably shouldn’t be the one to ask it… though he did have help to hand with a much more accepted and popular presence. So as the two entered the bar together he did whisper from behind her shoulder when he looked around. “I, i don't suppose you might do the talking? I haven’t been loved in here for about a hundred and seventy years and even then it was because i taught the owner’s kid how to care for their wee fern. Shame she never listened.”
Luchta Dagda
Luchta Dagda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karimah Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:12 am

Mr Sandman, where did you drink? [Quest w/Karimah] Header

OH, IMAGINE A LAND, IT’S A FAR AWAY PLACE WHERE THE CARAVAN CAMELS ROAM. WHERE YOU WANDER AMONG EVERY CULTURE AND TONGUE.

“I am?” she blinked, pressing her hands to her rosy cheeks. She closed her eyes, shook her head, and tried not to laugh in her shyness. The spell of such an innocent compliment came crashing down just as soon as he gave the tiny genie a new name.

A very different name.

Uncouth.

There was a hollow smile on her face. The sort that was open mouthed and stiff with embarrassment. Pieces of her broken pride could not be recollected, and if cameras were accessible in these parts, her face would have been a picture perfect meme for the ages. Stranded in Wonderland and the very first sobriquet she was bestowed with  was ‘Uncouth’ of all things.

She was not worthy.

“Uncouth? Luchta,” began the youth in a tone that was defeated but not unkind, “why?” The wretched thing looked like she was melting, and she hung her head with a laughable sigh.

The two wanderers were approaching the festive pub. Karimah had accompanied Luchta and was twiddling her thumbs by the entrance, the door ajar with the smell of alcohol. She gave the air a small sniff and couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow. How very subtly she wrinkled her nose but if he squinted enough, he could very well see the polite confusion brewing in her soft features. “Mm, this is the gift of humanity you mentioned. I suppose I am just uncultured and should probably involve myself more in their drinking affairs. What should I order for us? You must have excellent taste.” Inquired Karimah,smiling warmly.

The man she conversed with was standing to the side, in the free space beside her, and whom no one had yet caught sight of, since the guests were completely wrapped up with their own merry shenanigans. It seemed he allowed her to enter first. Luchta kept his voice low as he whispered to her. The self-appointed confidant leaned in, carefully, to better hear his plea. She pulled back to reveal a small pink pout.  “Did I hear you correctly? A hundred and seventy years. That really is a long time to hold a grudge for something as noble as teaching a child to grow ferns. Ok, Luchta. For you,” she ran her fingers doubtfully through her short silvery locks, “I will.”

Poor Luchta, cursed, scorned, barred from visitation by the owner, entrusted the otherworlder with this task, and she quietly vowed loyalty to this oath. She would not let him down. Then she nodded and raised her chin and cooed: “Stay here,” she suddenly took his hand into hers and patted the back of it gently,“where it is safe.” She did not know what to expect. In truth, if they were as cruel as she thought they were, she was plenty scared. But she was putting on a brave face for all to see as she passed through the masses, that diminutive martyr preparing herself for the absolute worst.

The laughter around her was deafening, and Karimah had already stepped inside, while the atmosphere still trembled with conversations which she held little to no understanding for. The girl in the pink blouse and green skirt, despite her uncertainty, walked up to a rather skilled bartender dishing out drinks left and right with a very small smile.

“M—May I speak to the owner?” Karimah asked, hands clasped together as she moved closer. “I have questions regarding the missing kitty,” she materialized a picture of the wanted feline, a plume of blue smoke grazing the air as she spoke, “and I trust you gentlemen have answers for me.”

“Will do, Little Miss,” replied the fellow clad in black.

“He should be here any moment now,” went the other.

In the meanwhile, the half-elf who had requested her to ask in his place,  had a spot in her mind, and would, no doubt, occupy her thoughts heavily in that period of waiting. What could have angered a person so badly, that they would go so far as to blacklist such a gentle entity from their good graces? Much like dear Saeven, Luchta was kind, well-mannered and beautiful. All he did was impart his good wisdom to a child and in return he was despised for his knowledge. Or was there more to it, she dared to wonder.

“You ask for my assistance,” came a voice that could strip skin from bone, “and yet you bring that misshapen creature here?”

Karimah jumped.

She nervously tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, the motion rapid and jittery.

Her voice, however, remained light as a feather.

“Should I apologize for the way I look?” Asked Karimah, really meaning this. She composed herself quickly, figuring he was talking bad about her to his employee.

“I was not talking about you!” Spat the owner.

Flashing across her countenance were a series of question marks, mathematical equations and variables. Even as she turned to face Luchta (if he was close by) she would have never guessed the loud-mouthed man was referring to him.

Then it hit her like a ton of bricks.

“If you are talking about Luchta, then consider me relieved,” she sighed a moment.

And then she tilted her head to the side, as if to say more on the matter.

“Consider me relieved he isn’t up to par with your standards.” Karimah said, bordering on the defensive while maintaining that humility. “Clearly, he is way out of your league. Praise Allah.”

Word Count; 908
made bycapt. meows
Karimah
Karimah

VylderGold : 1654

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luchta Dagda Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:06 pm

“Did I hear you correctly? A hundred and seventy years. That really is a long time to hold a grudge for something as noble as teaching a child to grow ferns. Ok, Luchta. For you,” Luchta had a delayed reaction, at least in comparison to her own actions, as he took in what she said. Realising she had misunderstood what he said, the Fern incident being  the only time he has ever been liked in this pub, the hundred and seventy years of being unwelcome was merely cause good graces don't tend to last around one such as him. But whether or not she knew the reason correctly didn’t slow the kind hearted soul from heading straight for the bar as the half elf now stood alone in a doorway of a fairly unwelcome threshold.

The way she took his hands in her own though before taking her leave was the truest sign that she was not native to this place. So sweet and gentle, caring more for his safety than for his race or his abilities, whatever world was rid of one like her sorely must be missing her. Despite making no mention of her origins he could already know with certainty she was an outsider, brought here from far away, and that incredible journey seemed to pass through this cat hunt as if it were a vital step on her journey. As he stood there, looking down at the hand she had clasped he pondered for a moment how long and difficult this task would be, for she was a welcome companion on such a quest. Perhaps they would meet again, perhaps they would meet often, but whatever way they paths wound through the great expanse of life he knew she was a precious heart and one aspect to life he would never see come to harm.

While he waited for the return or sign of hassle in regards to Karimah, he scanned his eyes around the establishment and analysed each occupant as if a curiosity behind glass. Though he did not quiet appreciate how much he stood out, Luchta was about as subtle in the doorway as a Demon in a Far village. His red, warm hair rolled down his shoulders and framed his face in a way that was simply too picturesque to be natural, something some in the past had joked was another aspect of his magic but if true he was unaware. The skin of his eleven flesh while pale grew slightly more green, almost as if standing upon a wooden floor rather than a concrete one made him feel slightly more welcome than the people likely would allow. But it was his arm that attracted the most glares, not just for it’s natural composition but the fact it was clearly wrapping and incasing what to some would appear more like a wizard staff, growing into his body. He pondered releasing his tendrils and letting the limb take on a much more normal look but he realised doing so would reveal the spear head, a slow reveal which would likely appear rather sinister as he stood there silently.

“and yet you bring that misshapen creature here?” Came the aggravated call of the owner that Luchta had expected to here sooner in all honesty. Though he did not look over directly yet he knew precisely it was he they mentioned, so out of a miscalculated mimicry of polite etiquette he raised his elven hand ever so slightly an gave a subtle and gentle wave before lowering it once more.  “Clearly, he is way out of your league. Praise Allah.” The last name, not one he had ever heard before and likely not a being or figure known to people here either. If his assumptions about Karma were true then they must of been a figure of her knowledge from a different world, the truest sign that would reveal her nature as an outsider.

If these men would hate him then so be it, there were many other bars he could drink in joyful celebration where few would care, but if she were to draw their disgust then he would not suffer a poor word or act, still though…they needed to find that cat, and they needed a direction. With speed that betrayed his prior position and stance, Luchta was by Karimah’s side in such a short instant that those who had been monitoring him had to blink to process his new position. His eleven hand he placed on her shoulder, hoping to calm the caring soul as he bowed his head, red hair now covering more of his features than before. “If i was human i would be quite misshapen yes, thankfully however i am one of a kind so who knows if my appearance incorrect or horribly disfigured.” Raising his head with a subtle smile he now moved his hand to his heart, expression being sincere but tone being edge with a hint of sarcasm and playfulness. “As im sure you must be saddened to hear we are not seeking food or drink tonight. Only word if the cat known as Mr Sandman passed through here last night and which establishment they may have headed towards afterwords.”
Luchta Dagda
Luchta Dagda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum