Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Bonus Chapter :: Shipment Saboteurs. [Event] WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» SINGLE'S NIGHT [OPEN EVENT]
by Kiigan Today at 9:07 am

» Face Claim List
by Emi Kazama Today at 4:19 am

» Cassidi
by Anoa Today at 3:57 am

» Statsheet Creation : Requests & Updates
by Iris Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» VIOLET TALBIAN'S OFFICIAL STATSHEET
by The Arcane Library Yesterday at 9:28 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ███████████ 22
ELDRITCH ████████████ 23
GAIYANS ██████ 12
ANTHROS █████ 9
HYBRID ███ 5
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Donations

Bonus Chapter :: Shipment Saboteurs. [Event]

Go down

Bonus Chapter :: Shipment Saboteurs. [Event] Empty Bonus Chapter :: Shipment Saboteurs. [Event]

Post by Daphne Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:26 am

Daphne

Baby long as you're here, I'll be floating on air cause you're my... you can be a sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare, either way I, don't want to wake up from you...
Daphne Rose Ravenwood

To my dearest daughter,  

Even with the distraction of your frivolities with that merchant's faction, I'm sure you are aware of the incident that has occurred in Newdale, if not I have included a snippet of The Chronicler to update you. This is an unforgivable circumstance that our kind finds ourselves in, we cannot sit by and merely allow these lowly beings to stain our land in this manner.

Our family will be taking action against the Church's build, and as per our last discussion, I'm sure you understand how important it is that you do your part.  Any failure to act on your part will be considered a slight on our families honour. And considering the remarkable damage your behaviour has done thus far. I'm sure you would not wish to create any more difficulties for your beloved family.

If I don't hear from you in two day, then your sisters will be coming to visit you.

All our love,
Father.

The letter sent by Carlysle Ravenwood was currently scrunched into an angry ball in Daphne's wastebasket in Avalon. A bitter reminder of the condemnation that was forcing her hand at present. A threat wrapped in the offsetting rim of sweet words, 'dearest' and 'love' doing little to ease the venom embedded into its dried ink.

Upon receiving the letter, Daphne had been out of sorts. Not entirely sure what it was they expected of her, would it be enough for her just to attend the protests? To gather signatures as some of her less aggressive Eldritch kind had chosen to do? It felt sub-par compared to what her sisters would likely be doing to try and hinder the church's build. After raking her brain for hours, she had eventually sought out the one person who she felt might be able to provide a little guidance on the matter.

With a summary of her circumstance that would omit the more unpleasant tones of the letter, she would inform Colty of her obligation to sabotage the church's build in some manner. She had been unsure how he would take the news at first, being a Gaiyan and all. But in true Colter Gage fashion, he had surprised her.

And so here they were, in the cover of twilight, on the outskirts of Lyndon Port. Colter's plan to intervene in the building proving to be a stroke of sheer genius on his part. It was enough to satisfy the expectations of her family without actually having to go see them during this entire ordeal. Her legs would swing idly in the air, currently perched on the branch of a tree, she would peer through the cover of the foliage watching the Lyndon roads for activity. Over her entire body was the thinnest layer of her magic, creating a dream-based illusion that was her disguise. To an outsider, she was an entirely different girl, one with shoulder-length brown hair, bright ruby eyes, and pale skin. When she parted her lips, one would even see the tip of fangs poking out, making anyone who saw her assume she was a vampire.

She would roll her head back, the eager anticipation to get started making her fidgety. She looked over at Colty, "It's a crime against nature to cover those eyes," She commented with a grin, running her gaze over his disguise.

WC: 558 / 4000 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

VylderGold : 126872

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bonus Chapter :: Shipment Saboteurs. [Event] Empty Re: Bonus Chapter :: Shipment Saboteurs. [Event]

Post by Colter Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:14 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

Utilizing the versatile nature of his soul-based magic, he was capable of creating more than just false articles of clothing around his body. He could adapt and manipulate the various souls of the dead denizens of the sea in order to call upon their very essence. Showcasing the expression of their existence through his own magic. But it wasn’t magic that was limited to humanoid creatures, but to any creature that could be considered living. Including all manner of flora and fauna. Which was why he was able to create the monstrous creatures of olde that had long since found a new home at the bottom of the sea.

To that end he was able to call upon the fauna of the sea. Which allowed him to wear a suit that was a mixture of vines and wood that surrounded his form, yet was still flexible due to the fact that it only mimicked the look and texture of wood through a visual medium. It was still nothing more than ethereal water. His head was encased in a similar matching material, which allowed him to look as though he had the face of some long-lost tribal culture out in the sea. This mixture of “savage and sophisticated” would allow him to look in whatever manner that he so chose. Which did well to mask his appearance, even his eyes.

As he sat upon a branch extended from a rather large tree, his legs crossed from right over the left. His posture was immaculate and his hands were flush against his lap, his chin resting upon his palm all the while. His gaze rolled over towards his confidant, whom even now still held a role in his life that was not only undefined, but was complicated and full of turmoil. He’d leer at her for a moment, not that she’d be able to tell given his face cover. Taking a moment to think over her comment before responding. "Oh? There are many crimes being committed. The fact I’ve yet to fuck you in a tree chief among them. Such is a perfect moment right here and now. But we will sort that out later."

He held a joyful grin upon his face as he gazed upon her. Though this immediately faded the moment his attention turned back to the road. "So, I figure we do our best not to kill anyone. As much as I’d not care about casualties normally. But these are not bandits… nor are they criminals." He thought about how to best approach the situation. While not fully understanding the magic that Daphne had, he figured that it would be easier to just have these transporters pass out so that they could take the time to destroy the building materials. Granted, there was no guarantee that all of these transporters were weak.

So he had to think on these things with a bit more tact, never allowing himself to become overwhelmed with any one particular outcome or solution. Especially given the fact that there wasn’t any direct means to ensure the desired result. So with that in mind, he did what he did best. He was going to wing it. But it was always good to check in with your partner on these matters. Especially given the fact that people’s lives hang in the balance. "Any particular way you wanna go about this, gorgeous? I don’t have any preferences myself. We could even bait some monsters to show up and distract them if you wish."

{ @Daphne x 587 x 1145 }

Colter
Colter

VylderGold : 9329

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bonus Chapter :: Shipment Saboteurs. [Event] Empty Re: Bonus Chapter :: Shipment Saboteurs. [Event]

Post by Daphne Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:15 pm

Daphne

Baby long as you're here, I'll be floating on air cause you're my... you can be a sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare, either way I, don't want to wake up from you...
Daphne Rose Ravenwood

The crude comment he made would elicit a delighted chuckle from the woman, picturing such a scenario in her head and enjoying the possibilities in her mind's eye. “Mmm, best get this over quickly then huh,”  She retorted playfully. Following this, she would also return her gaze to the road, tilting her head to the side as she listened to his instruction, nodding in agreement. Daphne felt no need to resort to killing anyway, not for a situation such as this, a little brutality would do. Just because she was doing this to appease her family’s overzealous ideals, didn’t mean she needed to forfeit her own morality in the process. “Sounds good to me.”  She answered, her amber eyes roaming the roads for any movement.

She considered his question, lifting her palm upward she would turn it upwards, black sand appearing above the centre of her hands. The sand would increase in volume, creating shapes and moulding until they took on the shadowy appearance of a miniature person riding a horse would form in her palm. Moving on the spot like a sandy black hologram, “Ideally, I can get in their heads and they won’t even see us.”  A second figure on a horse would manifest next to the first one, then the figures would grab their heads, thrashing wildly on their horses as though in a state of panic. One figure would grab the other rider, pulling them off their horse and the pair would fall down, beginning to fight on the ground.

She returned her gaze to Colter, closing her palm the wrestling sand men would disappear. “The only issue is their magical resistance. Sometimes if their resistance or willpower is high enough they can awaken from the dreams and if one of them is a sand mage, depending on their rank I’ll be at quite the disadvantage. But I do have other methods of dealing with them if that’s the case.”  There was always the possibility that dream magic, whilst powerful, wouldn’t always be effective. In those cases she would simply have to rely on the craft, specifically the Book of Shadows, she had brought with her. The abilities it permitted were not nearly as dangerous as her dream eater magic, but useful enough to get her out of a jam should she need it.

WC: 387 | 1532 / 4000 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:18 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

Colter wasn’t afraid of the power that she held, but he was aware of how dangerous it could be. So hearing her explain how she planned to go about executing their mission brought a smirk to his face. One obviously still hidden away behind that weird ass mask that he was wearing. He’d take a moment to think before he’d speak up. “No need, willpower will be no hindrance for us. I shall merely make a bubble of spiritual deprivation. Depleting any within the dome of their so-called ‘fighting spirit’ as they say. It should leave our foes vastly more susceptible to your own abilities. A real combination of our talents to be sure.” His confidence was as boisterous as it had ever been.

He began to create small seahorses that seemed to float around him, glowing with that same vibrancy that his eyes did before they skirted across the sky and found themselves being placed inside of the ground, causing their power to be suppressed while submerged. This was due to the fact that the earth itself denied the strength of spiritual based magic. Which he was aware of, but to that degree his magic wouldn’t be detected until it was too late. He took a moment to look over towards the road before adopting a stern expression. It seemed as though their new friends were well on their way. “Ah, the guests are at the top of the road. Seems that we best get ready, my dear. Try to not destroy the materials, we in Velvet Reign rarely if ever destroy property that we can find greater use for.”

“Mmm. I am ready when you are.” He raised himself up from his seated position, balancing himself on the side of the tree with a single hand grasping hold of the bark with a significant amount of strength. He bent his knees down so that he could propel upwards when the time called for it. He really didn’t like ambushing people, but no one really knew how powerful the members of the cloth happened to be. Or at least, Colter wasn’t fully aware of their true strengths. He had his speculations, but this was a good test to see if they were a true force to be reckoned with or not. It was strange that the political landscape didn’t have more turmoil and conflict actively occurring. At least from what he had seen. But this was a good change of pace to his spelunking life.

{ @Daphne x 416 x 1948 }

Colter
Colter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:19 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne’s faux ruby eyes lit up at his reply, falling to the seahorses he created, watching them as they moved through the air as if in water. It pleased her to know that their magics would compliment each other so well on this mission, a reassurance she hadn’t realised she’d wanted until he said it. This mission, whilst small in comparison to most work, meant so much in comparison to other jobs that she had taken - it had to go right. Flawlessly even. Because the consequence of her family’s anger was not something she could deal with right now, especially considering how much better things would be if this went well. Getting this right and proving herself to still be useful to them away from The Shambles would be such a win for the youngest Ravenwood daughter. It might even get them off her back for a little while, allowing her the freedom to enjoy her life a little bit before the next bout of familial obligations.

The pinkette would follow Colter’s gaze to where the ambush was happening, it was crunch time it seemed. She nodded at his request not to destroy the materials, not entirely sure what they were needed for but not particularly concerned either way. She would grip the wood, it was hard to see in the coverage of the trees and the dark night but black sand would begin to travel along the branches. Particles slithering down the tree's length, creeping toward the earth with the paces and purpose of a colony of ants. Daphne would take a slow deep breath, focusing on the movement of the sand, forcing it down into the earth, deep enough that it would not visibly disturb the top layer of soil, but not so deep as to restrict her control over it. It would find its way to the road, right under the pathway they would soon be travelling over.

She would let go of the tree with her right hand, moving it up, her palm facing the sky. Her index finger would twitch upwards as though to coax the sand closer to the footpath's surface, increasing the proximity between itself and the targets. She would throw a glance to Colter, a small smile just for him, before returning her gaze to the road. Focusing her attention on the feel of her sand, the vibrations she could feel from it as the horses trotted closer and closer. The seconds that passed felt slow, dragging out in suspended quiet, sounds of the transport carriage growing louder with each moment. Her fingers would tingle as they stepped over her trap, it would not activate immediately however, waiting instead until the entirety of the party had moved into the region of black sand before working its way upwards through the earth.

Perhaps an observant person might have noticed the magic, someone with the ability to feel the shift in magic around them. The clutches of the witch who now had them within her grasp, closing around them as her black sand burrowed into the hair of their horses. The beast would neigh loudly, shaking their heads in discomfort, which to their oblivious riders meant little. Thus making it easy for the Ravenwoods dream eating power to slide its way under their clothes and over their skin - securing her grasp on them. The horses would slow to a stop, and quickly her power would take hold of them. Distantly the sound of voices rising could be heard, arguments formulating from nothing. Tension rising swiftly as Daphne began her manipulation of their minds, painting them a most irritating picture. It hadn’t been too hard, these people hardly liked each other, all she had to do was lower their guard of civility they maintained. Coaxing them with the need to express their genuine thoughts and feelings to each other, increasing the heat of their emotions, their personal offense.

Quickly things would escalate, the men shouting at each other now, Colter’s magical dome manifesting around them. Daphne would feel it’s effects on their minds, smiling as it made her job just that much easier. Their voices would rise audibly, and within moments they would begin to get physical. Shoving at each other, one even dismounting from her horse and putting his fists up. Daphne sighed, lowering her hands slightly, and observing the sight of one travelling punching the other across the face. That had been surprisingly easy all things considered, whilst she did feel the drain on how body used her power at such a distance and to such an effect. Their resistance had been so minimal that she had hardly needed to force the ideals, these people were fakes, pretending to get along for the sake of the job. And them choosing to hide their genuine selves had become their downfall, it was almost poetic really.

WC: 814 | 2761 / 4000 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:22 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

The spectacle of it all, the pageantry. It spoke a language that the icon of flamboyance found himself completely and utterly proud to speak fluently. To that end, he found himself leaping up through the air and floating downward with a parachute, which was nothing more than an overly large jellyfish. Landing softly on the ground, the wooden masked man found himself tucking his hands behind his back as he carefully moved forward towards the group of transporters. His mind fixated on the one thing ahead of him. He walked past the scuffling guards, thinking of them as being nothing more than vagrants. He’d immediately look at the wagons, inspecting the cargo and making sure that the supplies were still in order. He’d smirk at his discovery, amused by what he saw.

He took the time to raise his hand up, swiping in an upward motion and creating strange frog-like men who gurgled out from the air, Opening their massive mouths and taking the wagons into themselves. Bloating up in the manner in which a toad would when ribbiting. He hadn’t found himself often being the one needing to do any heavy lifting. But here he was. Finding himself to be hopeful, happy and encouraged. Her display of skill and magic would have to be something that he’d bring up to her down the road. But for now he wanted to make sure that he got out of here with his supplies in one piece. Once his frogs had taken in the materials they immediately began to leap away from the caravan. Darting off into the treeline and out of sight.

Colter thought that this woman was going to put the guards to sleep, he wasn’t sure where he misunderstood her intentions. But he wasn’t the kind of man to complain about results. He wondered how long these folks would be trapped in this infernal hellscape of beating the utter shit out of each other. It was an amusing thought for the man to have, but he didn’t sit around to find out. He immediately walked towards the same treeline from before, heading into the thick of it so that he could catch up with his minions and get a proper stock of the inventory that was now in his possession. To that end he was excited to see the results. With one arm behind his back and the other at his side, he nonchalantly made his way over towards the beings.

He’d snort once he realized that he had more than enough to complete his side project. Seeing all of the materials here as likely being shipped out as extra just in case anything happened to the main shipment. This meant that they didn’t wholly prevent any of the materials from making it to its destination, but they had put a big enough damper to the overall supply chain that if any mistakes happened on the main construction, or if it incurred enough damage, then it’d be rather hard to find replacement material. Especially since it seemed as though this particular shipment contained objects of premium quality. With these facts noted, he’d remove his mask, tossing it to the ground.

Crossing his arms and leaning up against the nearest tree, he’d wait for the witch to find him. He was sure she saw him slip into the treeline before she finished up whatever it was she was doing with those workers. Upon her revealing herself to him, he’d speak to her in a coy manner. “Remind me to never piss you off. That was quite the display. Having them beat each other up might seem less merciful than just killing them all things considered.”

{ @Daphne x 615 x 3376 }

Colter
Colter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:22 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

With the mental manipulation well underway, Daphne would use some of her sand to lift herself off of the tree. Manipulating it so that it would carry her down from the tree and lower her gently to the ground. Following which she would stride forward, the increased proximity to the attack of her magic increased the grip she had on their minds. They would feel even less able to resist her now, utterly consumed by their violent emotions. Attacking each other with enough ferocity to want to win over the others but not so intent that they would try to kill each other. This was about pride for men such as these, and the need to be superior to their fellow travelers.

Keeping an eye on the men, Daphne would watch as one by one they bested each other. Until only one man stood, panting heavily, the rest bested and unconscious. Before he was permitted the chance to gather his thoughts, Daphne would manipulate the mind of one of the steeds, flashing a terrifying beast in the horse’s head, causing it to freak out suddenly. Running toward the man and knocking him flying. He would topple toward the cart, smashing his skull against the edge of the vehicle and blacking out entirely. Daphne would smile, raising her hand she would blow softly against her palm. More black sand appeared in her hand and blew out over the unconscious men, forcing them into a state of dreamless slumber. They would be out for at least four to five hours, by which point Colter and Daphne would be long gone, along with their supplies. And as far as they were concerned, they would have been the one’s at fault for it.

As Colter worked on the carriage, she would rid the men of any Vyldergold or valuables, cementing the idea that they were robbed at random and not targeted because of their work for the church. Following this she would turn and make her way toward Colty, laughing at his comment, “They’ll only be able to blame themselves and assume they fell victim to passing bandits who discovered their unconscious bodies.” She commented with a grin, pushing a handful of the stolen Vigs into his palm, before pocketing the rest.

WC: 378 | 3754 / 4000 Tag: @Colter

Daphne
Daphne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colter Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:25 pm

֍ Aut Vincere Aut Mori ֎

Colter found himself amused by the sheer… brazenness that was being displayed to him. Daphne seemed to have “ran the pockets” of these individuals and by giving him a part of the overall pie, it really did feel as though this was business as usual. Colter made vague gestures with his hands indicating to his beasts of burden that they ought to make their way to Lyndon Port, so that he could take a private vessel back to Avalon with the goods. A smile on his face the likes of which had never been seen before, he’d turn towards his pinkette and give her a look of approval. “You’ve done well regardless. If I was already in the position of your supervisor, I would have to give you a bonus, assuredly.”

A coy look came across his features as he lurched over the female. “Actually, we should celebrate. I know a place in Lyndon Port that serves an immaculate roast and delectable wine. Might do you some good to end your night stuffed.” He wasn’t the most experienced with being subtle so he rarely bothered with innuendo, but he figured that this was as good a place as any to let it be known. Besides, any excuse he could use to get Daphne back into that familiar position was good enough for Colter. At the end of the day the only thing on his mind was impressing the pink haired witch. Especially given the fact that she liked to go out of her way to make it as difficult as possible.

“This way.” It was just something he’d have to get used to.

{ @Daphne x 273 x 4027 }

Colter
Colter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum