Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
A whole new world | Cassian WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» Face Claim List
by Trishna Today at 3:39 am

» A night to remember. [Abelios]
by Lilith Today at 12:24 am

» Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN]
by Daisuke Yesterday at 10:45 pm

» Quest Turn In
by Nessa Cordelia Lux Yesterday at 5:19 pm

» Birch and Rein
by Nessa Cordelia Lux Yesterday at 5:09 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ███████████ 22
ELDRITCH ████████████ 23
GAIYANS ██████ 12
ANTHROS █████ 9
HYBRID ███ 5
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Donations

A whole new world | Cassian

Go down

A whole new world | Cassian Empty A whole new world | Cassian

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:02 am

Nessa

I have died everyday waiting for you, Darling don't be afraid
I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more
Nessa Cordelia Lux

"Unnghhhh,"

Nessa would peel her eyes open, the glimmer of sunlight peering at her through the trees causing her to squint somewhat. She would lift her hand over her eyes, blinking a few times as she pushed herself off the floor. Her head was thumping, she felt all out of sorts for some reason but she had no idea why. She would look around her, taking in the sight around her. She was in... a forest? She tried to remember what she had been doing moments ago, but the act of gathering those thoughts eluded her. Like wisps of smoke, she couldn't gather them.

Nessa lifted her head, trying to see if she recognised the area she was in. She would turn her head to look behind her, seeing a strangely shaped rock positioned there. Or rather, not a rock but a statue? Or maybe ruins? It was shaped like a circle, with engraving covering its surface, broken in such a way that gave it an almost crescent-like shape. She was certain at this point that she didn't recognise this place, nor did she had any idea how she got here.

Sitting up, she would take a breath. It's okay, calm down, just summon a portal home. She told herself, taking a moment to pull her magic from within. Except that it never came. The pool of magic that resided within her felt different, weaker somehow, so weak that she couldn't activate her contract. Feeling a sense of panic rising quickly, she would open her palm, looking down at her hand. She tried to create a ball of light - one of her usually powerful starlight orbs.

Except instead of an orb of great light, the only thing that would manifest was the smallest ball of light. No bigger than her thumbnail. And as she stared at the light, trying with all her might to pour more magic into it. She quickly realised that she couldn't. The magic power that she had was barely any stronger than her first day of training as a mage.

"WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!"

WC: 348  Tag: @Cassian

_________________________________________________________________________________________

A whole new world | Cassian 63344_s
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  
VylderGold : 930629

View user profile https://www.vyldermire.com

Back to top Go down

A whole new world | Cassian Empty Re: A whole new world | Cassian

Post by Cassian Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:11 pm

Frozen in surprise just a few mere steps away was a man with long, cobalt hair. He was sitting near the monument with his back against a tree, mid-drink from his travel cask of wine. His satchel was fat from harvested materials from his successful endeavor and this moment of boozy solitude was his reward before setting back off for home. Getting back to the Avalon Islands was a few days trip and it was quite a familiar route now for the runaway rich heir. He had to rest up for the several pub stops along the way, and the eager ladies awaiting his visit.

With one pale, wide eye staring at the woman who had just been dumped out of the aged magical stone onto the luscious grass of the healthy Hoptus Forest, Cassian slowly lowered his drink and accepted that this was a first for him. He considered himself very experienced and thought nothing would really surprise him anymore. Perhaps it was a juvenile way of thinking, like he knew it all, but he thought since he was only four years out from thirty, he'd seen it all. Of course, he'd heard the rumors of how Otherworlders arrived. From his experience, he'd chalked them up to myths, both that the crumbling crescent he saw so often was anything but an old Gaiyan relic and that people from other worlds could arrive in Vyldermire. Cassian was the type that had to see something to believe it. Even as he saw it now, he still wasn't completely convinced. This very well could be a Gaiyan. Maybe an Elf. She looked Elven...or maybe a large Fae? He supposed she could also be an angel since most but not all of them had wings. Maybe this was just some nature-based transportation magic to get Gaiyans from their island to the mainland?

He remained very still as she tried her magic and screamed, but since she sounded like a regular woman by all accounts, he figured it'd be safe to speak. There was no denying that she felt...different from him. He wasn't the most spiritual human, but he did have a connection to the magic of this world, and that connection didn't seem sure about her. However, to the naked eye, she seemed harmless enough. "Rough morning?" he asked, just now realizing that they at least spoke the same language. Maybe she was from Vyldermire after all.

[wc: 404 || total: 752]
Cassian
Cassian

VylderGold : 3439

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:05 pm

Nessa

Nessa Cordelia Lux

Before panic could set in, she would hear a voice address her causing her to spin and gaze upon her company. It was a man not much older than herself, with long blue-ish hair, a warmly tanned skin and pale eyes. He was so close, and yet she had not sensed him. She looked down at her palm, still hosting that feeble ball of light. She didn't understand, even in much weaker states, she had been able to conquer up much more magic than this. Had she used up too much of her mana somehow? It didn't feel that way, this felt different. She tried to remember what she had been doing moments ago, but her attempt was met with a fogginess and an even more painful thud in her head. Perhaps she had been fighting and whatever she had been up against had sent her flying into this forest? Or perhaps she had teleported here as a means to get away from danger? But that didn't make sense. As she could only teleport to places that she knew and she certainly didn't know this place.

She would climb to her feet, brushing down her dress, turning to the man who had spoken to her. Her eyes flickering to the cask in his hand before back to his face, she offered him a polite smile that would barely cover the fact that she was clearly in a state of panic and uncertainty. "Um, yes, you might say that..." She began quietly, before clearing her throat and speaking up. "This might be a strange question but... where am I?"

WC: 268 Total: 1020  Tag: @Cassian

Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:05 pm

Maybe she'd hit her head on the way out? Or maybe she was an especially ditzy Gaiyan? He'd met a few elves in his day, but generally, they were snotty and standoffish. Part of the reason for that was because he was human, but his experience remained all the same. She looked every bit of one, but she was so obviously bewildered that he couldn't imagine an elf emoting such a thing so easily. Either way, he still wasn't ready to accept that she wasn't from this world.

"You're in Hoptus Forest," he replied, noting her panic and remaining in his eased position against the tree. That ball of light she had didn't look menacing, but in this world of magic, looks were often deceiving. Cassian didn't want to spook her...for both their sakes. She might throw that weird ball of light at him. "It's the forest in the most western part of The Common Lands," he added. Honestly, he couldn't imagine anyone from Vyldermire's Mirinah region not knowing where the popular monster hunting forest was, but maybe she lived under a rock. Or in a rock. Elves probably lived in rocks and trees around Ilyanor. He wouldn't know, he'd never been there.

After a pause, his single visible brow furrowed in concern. "I'm sorry, miss, I forgot to ask since you surprised me. Are you alright? You landed a little rough out of the monument. I have a first-aid kit if you need it."

[wc: 245 || total: 1265]
Cassian
Cassian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:19 pm

Nessa

Nessa Cordelia Lux

"Hoptus Forest..." She would repeat back to him, there was no doubt when he said it that she had never heard of such a place and it was made no clearer by the continuation of his explanation. She would frown, looking down at her palm. The light was so feeble, but perhaps it might still guide her. "Guide me to Ishgar." She told the light, taking a moment to watch the ball and see what it did. It should have moved, shown some sign of recognition of her command and darted away in the direction that was home. Alas, it did not do this.

Instead, it just floated in her palm, completely still.

Nessa closed her eyes for a moment, she could feel herself beginning to freak out. She did not like this, no matter what she had always had the security of her magic to rely on. Even during her weaker days, her Starlight guide had always been able to take her wherever she needed to be. But for no even the stars to answer her, something was terribly wrong.

She would hear him address her once again, opening her eyes and closing her hand, extinguishing the light she had made. She turned to him, "I'm okay thank you, my head hurts a little and I can't remember how I got here. My name is Nessa Cordelia Lux, I'm from Magnolia. I don't suppose you've heard of it, or Fiore maybe?"

WC: 242 Total: 1507  Tag: @Cassian

Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:00 am

Ishgar. Magnolia. Fiore. For the most part, they were speaking the same language, but those were utterly foreign to him. His expression blanked as he stared at her for a long moment, assessing the situation. Was he sleeping? More than once had he taken a nice nap under a tree after working so hard. Subtly, he pinched himself on the thigh. When that did nothing, he shot the cask of wine that he still clutched in his hand a dirty look. Maybe he'd had more than he thought. Holding it out, he poured what was left on the ground. If he was already this drunk, he certainly didn't need more while still out in monster-infested woods. It was a shame to waste such good drink, though.

Even if he was drunk, Cassian was one to roll with things as much as he could. "Nice to meet you, Nessa. I'm Cassian du Villanell," he said with a crooked smile, willing to bet she'd never heard of his family either. "I regret to inform you that I have no idea what Ishgar, Magnolia, and Fiore are. Those are not places here in this region, or anywhere in Vyldermire that I've ever heard of. Are you sure you're not just confused?" he asked, slowly getting to his feet but still keeping his distance. Patting the dirt off his pants, he observed her. "You said your head hurts. Maybe you hit it so hard that something got a little rattled?" he suggested, though deep down he knew. Either he was drunk, or she wasn't from this world. Freaky.

On another note, Cassian was noticing a rather alarming increase of creatures gathering in a wide circle around them. For right not they were just weak ones, but their eyes glowing in the shadows of bushes and trees was unnerving. There were even a couple of slimes rolling closer as if to get a look, which was absurd because they had no eyes to speak of. If the slimes were coming, the bigger ones would follow. It was a strange phenomenon that Cassian had no intentions of sticking around to investigate. "Nessa, we should probably head for the closest town, or at least out of the forest. Maybe you just need something to eat?" he asked, motioning for her to follow him. There was an opening in the circle of agitated animals to the north, but they'd need to go quickly.

[wc: 404 || total: 1911]
Cassian
Cassian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:41 pm

Nessa

Nessa Cordelia Lux

Nessa stepped back as the man proceeded to pour his cask out, the scent and sight of wine confirming that he was in fact drinking. Why he was pouring it on the floor though she did not understand, "Er..." She began, her expression one of even greater confusion, not entirely sure what to say to him. Following this he would introduce himself, giving a name to his face. The extension of this introduction making her face fall slightly, so he didn't know of Ishgar. Then she must be even further from home than she thought.

"Vyldermire?" Once again repeating his words back to him as a question, so as it turned out. He didn't know of Ishgar, and she had never heard of the place she had somehow found herself in. She tried to picture the nations in her mind, was this perhaps an island that she did not know of, perhaps off the coast of Seven? No, she was pretty sure that place was called Embrant. Maybe it was one of Ca-elum's many islands?

"No I know who I am. I'm Nessa, Saint of Purity, Ace of Fairy Tail, I was born and raised in Magnolia, a town in the nation of Fiore. " She assured him, the more he expressed his doubts about her, the more another possibility came to mind. A possibility that, whilst it did make sense, was the most far-fetched option. "I don't suppose you have a map I could look at?"

As he suggested they leave the forest, she would glance around. Only just now noticing the gathering of creatures around them, her eyes widening in alarm. How did I not sense them? She thought in panic, before rushing after him. She didn't recognise any of the beasts around her either, only more proof to the theory that lingered at the back of her mind. "Yes, food and water would be nice, might help me gather my thoughts." She said as she hurried after him, he obviously thought that she was confused, and she was, but not that confused. She knew where her home was, and it was not here.

WC: 356 Total: 2,267  Tag: @Cassian

Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:31 pm

"Saint of Purity, Ace of Fairy Tail," he repeated on his way down the path, amused smirk on his lips. He was doubly glad he poured out his drink. Those were words, certainly, but she'd strung them together as if they meant something other than daydreaming gibberish. Maybe if he entertained the thought of an Otherworlder, those things had once had a lot of weight to them. How unfortunate that she was starting over here. No doubt she'd be heartbroken, especially since this didn't seem to be on purpose.

If he let himself assume she wasn't an elf, that is, and he was still moderately sure she was. The first elf he'd ever met that might be pranking him.

"A map? Sure. You can look at it along the way," he commented, rustling the wrinkled piece of parchment out of his satchel, where it was partially crushed under all his monster drops. Smacking the dirt off of it, he turned and walked backward in front of her, holding it out. "Since you're looking, we're heading to West Engloria. It's not too far ahead, as long as these monsters don't get any weird ideas. Well, weirder ideas. They've already got some weird ideas..." he trailed, watching the creatures slowly follow them. He didn't want to scare her, but it was a good thing he was here. Cassian was convinced if he hadn't been where he was when she appeared, she'd be getting mobbed right now. Cassian wasn't a particularly strong mage, but he got the job done. They probably smelled the defeated creatures all over him and knew he was trouble.

When she opened the map, she'd see that it was well used. He had various red markings all over the Mirinah Region. A circle on a nearby mountain, a note scribbled about where a certain, slightly elusive monster was. A couple of dotted lines leading off main roads, which were his tested short cuts when he wanted to get somewhere especially fast. An 'X' over Lyndon Port. However, no matter how long she looked, there were no landmasses that would look familiar to her.

Also, sure enough, they broke free of the shady green forest and into a wide-open plains area and lost the creatures following her. Other than the rare structure here and there, the land looked untouched until they topped a small hill. Then, straight ahead, a quaint village loomed with wooden and plaster buildings billowing smoke out of some of the chimneys. As they neared, she'd see more people. A mix between Eldritch and Humans, in fact, since the west part of Engloria stretched into the overlap between the two lands.

The very first building on the edge of town was the pub, and that's where he'd lead her.

[wc: 462 || total: 2729]
Cassian
Cassian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:39 am

Nessa

Nessa Cordelia Lux

Hubris was not a trait that Nessa's tended to express often, or if ever at all. But admittedly to hear him so confused by her titles, with no clue as to who she was. It was somehow strange, frightening and refreshing all at the same time. For even she had become accustomed to a certain lack of privacy with her lifestyle, so used to be known, recognised and talked about. To meet someone who genuinely did not know her or her title, well if it wasn't for the absurdity of her coming here, she might have been able to enjoy it.

"Thank you!" She would state as she took the map from him, expecting it closely. Sure enough, she didn't recognise it at all, there was not a single place on it that she knew. Nor could she fathom where this might exist in relation to Ishgar. She would follow him out of the forest, still inspecting the map as she did so. Trying to picture the places she knew, and yet coming up completely short. As they reached the village, she would return the map to him.

"It's no use, I just don't recognise any part of it. I... I have a theory or rather two. One more worrisome than the othe-"  Her words would trail off as her eyes took in the sight of the town, or rather the people in it. Now Ishgar was a place full of all sorts of people, Joyans, Fairies and the like. So it wasn't that she was particularly surprised to see someone walk by with cat ears and a bag of groceries. But what did surprise her, was another sight.

A beautiful woman, with alabaster skin, an oversized hat and ruby eyes. The woman herself wasn't the shocking part but rather what she was doing, for in her hand looked like a pouch... like the kind you saw at a hospital attached a patient - filled with blood. And the woman... was drinking from it. Sipping at the pouch like a child might a kapri-sun, chatting away to ...wait... was that a demon? Nessa blinked several times, failing to hide the look of bewilderment on her face. She looked back to Cassian, who seemed to be leading her towards a pub, "Perhaps I did hit my head harder than I thought..."

WC: 390 Total: 3119  Tag: @Cassian

Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:09 pm

Making sure to walk on her right so his left eye could peek over at her, he reluctantly made his decision. Any Gaiyan would know the map of Vyldermire, he was pretty sure. They were basically children born from the planet itself, so it seemed bizarre that an elf wouldn't recognize it. He pressed his lips. He wasn't sure how he felt about Otherworlders now that he was faced with not only their existence but also interacting with one. Other than the gibberish titles, she seemed so... normal. He'd always imagined them as gigantic beasts with three heads and purple skin. Basically unrealistic and alien, like nothing he'd see just walking down any street in the Avalon Islands.

When she saw the vampire and demon chatting and let her eyes linger, Cassian lightly touched her elbow to urge her through the pub door. Eldritch were already at least a little hostile to all the other races, let alone if they just happened to react as those creatures did in Hoptus Forest. That would be exciting, but bad. Perhaps any other time Cassian would be up for a little misunderstanding, but he was tired and something else had his attention at the moment.

Leading her to a well-worn table near the door just in case they needed a quick escape, the ever-charming man pulled one of the sturdy chairs out for her before seating himself. Leaning forward and placing his elbows on the table, his bright eye observed her with interest now that they were in a closer and more comfortable environment. "You know, I was convinced you were an elf," he said, eye dancing with a sparkle of intrigue. "But now...I'm leaning toward something I thought was a tall tale. My, my, an Otherworlder."

Cassian could have stared at her as if to discern the true difference between her and the regular inhabitants of this world, but instead, he had a quick look around. Since it was on the far west outskirts of Engloria, everything out this far was a little rustic, but still kept nicely as was expected of anyone who called Engloria home. It was comfortingly dark inside between the dimmed bulbs and the rich warmth of the wooden walls and floor. It was obvious this was a popular destination for locals and visitors alike. It was already pretty full and evening hadn't even drawn in the after-work crowd yet. There was a nice dull roar to drown out anything they said from eavesdroppers. It was a mixed crowd just as it was outside, so hopefully Nessa wasn't the type to stare.

Within fleeting moments of their entry, a tavern maid wandered over in her simple green dress and apron to wrinkle her freckled nose and ask for their order. He'd been in this tavern many times, enough times that he knew the girl's name was Enid and that her curly blonde hair looked like a golden silk cascading down on him in the early morning's light. "I'll have a mead and a toasted chicken sandwich," he told her, resting his chin in his hand. Enid nodded and then turned to Nessa. "And how 'bout ya, miss?"

[wc: 529 || total: 3648]
Cassian
Cassian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:53 pm

Nessa

Nessa Cordelia Lux

Nessa would allow him to guide her into the pub, drawing her eyes away from the strange pair. As she reached the table, she would happily take the seat he offered her, muttering a soft thanks as he did so. It was a surprisingly polite gesture on his behalf, she didn't know how many times she had been extended the same courtesy from a stranger back in Ishgar. She would pluck one of the menus's up from the table to see what they had to offer, at the very least he food seemed normally. Most of it at least. Although there were a few names she didn't recognise. As he spoke, her brow furrowed as she glanced back to him, "An elf? Really?" She asked, not really sure how to take this, Weren't elves supposed to have long pointy ears? At this thought her fingers would dart up and touch her own ears. Which were slightly pointed but not abnormally so, at least she didn't think so.

"I assure you I am human," She told him, before sitting back in her seat, "As for being an Otherworlder... does that mean what I think it means? One of my theories was that I fell into this world through a portal of some sort. It wouldn't be the first time I've left my world, often I travelled to Valhalla and even a dimension of the void" She explained, pausing as a woman approached to take their order. "I'll have a chicken sandwich too please, with a glass of still water." She told her before turning her attention to Cassian.

"Could you perhaps tell me more about this place, this Vyldermire?"

WC: 278 Total: 3,926  Tag: @Cassian

Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:26 am

Cassian hid a smirk behind the curled fingers of the hand he rested his chin in as she checked her ears. A human like him, but from another world. That seemed crazy. No one knew when or how humans came to be on Vyldermire, but to think that the same race could spontaneously exist in two different worlds was...baffling. And then she said she'd visited still other worlds. There were multiple worlds out there...who knew how many. How many had humans? Eldrich? Anthros? Fascinating, if not a bit scary.

"Rumor has it that Otherworlders come through the crumbling loop of the Sylvian Ruins...the thing you fell out of back there in the forest. I guess it is a portal. I didn't believe it until now. I guess I'm coming around to it," he said, still a little skeptical, but it'd be foolish to be stubborn about it.

Now, how to summarize a world he'd always lived in and thought was the only one in existence to someone who had lived somewhere else? He paused for a long moment, gathering his thoughts and even opening and closing his mouth a few times, trying to formulate words. Vyldermire was just...Vyldermire. "Well," he said finally, looking just a little embarrassed, but following through, "It's this world. To start with what little concrete history we know, the world just existed for thousands and maybe millions of years with just monsters and wild beasts, then the first race appeared. The Gaiyans, which is what I thought you were since I thought you were an elf, are the oldest race born of Vyldermire and most fine tuned to the magic and nature of it. Next came the humans, then as humans mucked around, Eldritch were born from the sins of man and fallen Gaiyans. The Gaiyans fled our nasty human temptation, of course, then the Anthros were born. And then there was the Great Holy War between the Eldritch and the Humans, and then the Gaiyans got involved...at some point we were jerks to Anthros and the Gaiyans got involved again...or was that all at the same time..." Cassian paused as he confused himself, giving her a sheepish grin. "I didn't pay attention in history class very much. It was so boring! Plus, it's been a long time since I was in school... Anyway, point is, there's oceans and trees and mountains and deserts and stuff I'm assuming your home has as well, given that you didn't freak out about the forest and the grass. You seemed at ease with most of what you saw up until the vampire with the bloodbag. I guess you just need to know that relations between all the races are strained at best. Be careful. After the war there was a treaty to keep us all at peace, though there are still tensions and incidents. Oh, and try to keep to the Common Lands," he added, fetching his map again and smoothing it onto the table. He pointed at the dotted lines that dictated whose territory belonged to who. "Where we are right now overlaps with Eldritch country, which is why you see so many. For the most part, everyone is comfortable living in their own areas, though there's nothing keeping people from traveling. In fact, the Free Lands over here is where I live. Everyone goes there to visit the beaches," he explained, doing his best, but feeling inadequate, then his eyes perked up as he remembered something. "Or, and I recommend this, actually, go to Rivengate. That place has always been very different from the rest of Vyldermire because they are so accepting of Otherworlders and embraced secrets, supposedly. I'm not much of a fan, but you might be able to find out more..."

After another moment, he sighed and leaned back with an odd look on his face. He didn't like not being good at something. "I apologize, honestly. It's harder than I thought to describe the only world I've ever known to someone who is from somewhere else. It's just...confusing doesn't seem the right word..."

[wc: 679 || total: 4605]
Cassian
Cassian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:57 pm

Nessa

Nessa Cordelia Lux

As her proceeded to take in all this new information, her face was a picture of interest and awe. They had all these different names that meant absolutely nothing to her; Eldritch, Gaiyan, Anthros. Not to be cliche but, it really was a whole new world. It's in-depth history felt like it was rattling her brain, With various races and their history, talk of a war and strained relationships. This wasn't a thing in her world, sure these creatures existed but, it was almost like they kept out of sight. You had to seek them out almost and they certainly weren't integrated into their own societies and regions. She tried her best to take it on but she had to admit it was a lot to follow. She thought about the woman she had saw, the red fluid she was sipping on so casually. She felt a little more at ease knowing that, although she wasn't entirely sure she understood. "So... Eldritch are like... vampires?" She whispered the last part, glancing around briefly before returning her gaze to him. "And what are Anthros?"

"Rivengate huh, maybe I will go there. Hopefully someone will know how I get home," She told him, reflecting on everything for a moment. "Where I'm from, magic exists everywhere. There are monsters and all sorts, it's not too different to what I've seen but I've never seen Vampires or ... demons? Is that what they were? Like, out in public. That part is strange to me," She explained. "It's okay, I appreciate you taking the time to help me as much as you already have,"

She would glance down at her hands, a worried expression falling across her face. "On top of everything, I can't seem to use my magic the way I normally would, back home I'm er... kind of a strong mage. But it's like... well it's like I've been reset."

WC: 317 Total: 4,922  Tag: @Cassian

Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:09 am

"Your body is probably trying to adjust to a change in magical source, maybe? Or adjust to the laws of our world? All magic here comes in some form or another from Vyldermire. It runs through the world like veins, which gives most of our population access to it to do with it as they please," Cassian offered, though he was sure this wouldn't comfort her much. To be thrown into another realm and lose access to strength and abilities would be truly terrifying.

Circling back to her more general question about the world, he looked thoughtful. Imagining a world like hers where Eldritch and Anthros weren't as normal to see as humans was a strange thought. "Vampires are part of the Eldritch race here, as are Werewolves, Demonatta, and Witches. Anthros are the Nekos, Inus, Kitsunes, Lapins, Draconytes, and Avians. They're basically people with animal-like characteristics, but don't call them half-beast or half-monster. They don't like it," he explained, using a lower tone, but one only she could hear heard over the dull roar. He didn't need anyone getting too testy hearing him talk about them. Not that he was saying anything bad, but people were wary.

Enid popped up about that point with her broad smile and a wide tray full of their offerings. A plate with sandwiches and chips were placed in front of each of them, as well as their differing drinks. Cassian wasted no time downing half of his mead and ordering another for when his ran dry. He then started munching on the potato-y side. "Any more questions?" he asked, wanting to get as many of those out of the way before he started asking more about her world.

[wc: 285 || total: 5207]
Cassian
Cassian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:25 pm

Nessa

Nessa Cordelia Lux

"I really hope you're right," She mumbled softly, anxiousness filled her as she contemplating living in a world without her magical power. But then again, she could still use it, so that meant that it wasn't completely gone, there was still hope. Hope that she would be able to regain it through some means, most likely with the act of returning to her world.

As he explained to her a little more about the species of the world, she nodded, gaining a bit of a clearer understanding of what she saw. "I see. We have Anthros in our world too, but most of them are called Joyans." She informed him, it seemed that, for the most part, there was a lot of overlap in their worlds. The biggest difference being the species, the demons in particular, beings considered monsters in Ishgar were roaming freely in Vyldermire. It was a strange difference to consider, but not one she couldn't completely wrap her head around.

"So, the Eldritch... they don't hunt humans here?" She asked quietly, before deciding to expand her question so as not to be misunderstood. "In Ishgar, you don't come across them very often, Witches maybe, but the rest of the types you mentioned not so much. In fact, demons are most likely found inside humans in our world, using them as hosts. In fact I myself was a host to a demon, one born from a curse that was bestowed upon my mother." As the Waitress returned with their food and drinks, Nessa would smile at her, offering her thanks. She reached to her side, only to realise her satchel was gone and as such all her money.

"My stuff... I... seemed to have lost it..." She trailed off meekly, realising that everything, her items, her jewels and her iLac were suddenly out of her possession. "I can't pay for this." She told him, "Is there a way to earn money quickly here?" She asked her voice slightly panicked. It occurred to her that she didn't know how long it would take her to get home, and so she was going to need to survive in this world. But in order to survive, she needed money.

WC: 317 Total: 5,575  Tag: @Cassian

Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:45 pm

"Mmm...well....some of them do hunt humans and anthros still, but they're a minority these days, with the treaty and all. Left over aggressions after the war, you know," Cassian waved it off, figuring it sounded pretty alarming, but it was so normal. And unlikely, as long as you minded your location. "As long as you don't wander too far into the Outer Realm, you should be fine. Eldritch that mix with everyone else are pretty easy going as long as you don't make them angry. As far as I know, they don't take...hosts... like you said. They're just normal people, more or less."

Right. As Nessa received her food, the more pressing issue at hand reared its ugly head. An Otherworlder wouldn't have any currency that would work here, even if she hadn't lost her bag. Cassian frowned for a moment. He was a selfish man who didn't like spending his vyldergold on anyone but himself, but he couldn't just hang this girl out to dry. He was a sucker for a cute girl, even if she was weird and not from here. "Don't worry, I'll pay," he told Enid with a sigh, not sounding the most enthusiastic, but wearing a charming enough smile, no matter how plastic it was. Enid quirked a brow at him but accepted it and left them to their discussion.

Taking a bite of his sandwich, he chewed thoughtfully as he considered what employment would be quick and easy for an Otherworlder. Washing it down with more mead, he made his assessment. "How do you feel about retail? Those types are easy to get and pay quickly, sometimes daily VG. Engloria's closest, though Lyndon Port has more to offer," he explained, though the last part drew a sour note to his expression. Lyndon Port was a place he had no desire to visit unless forced.

[wc: 310 || total: 5885]
Cassian
Cassian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:46 pm

Nessa

Nessa Cordelia Lux

The Outer Realm, she couldn't recall what part of the map that was, or if it had been on the map at all. But she made a mental note to get her own map once she could and to learn which places to avoid. It seemed that she would have to do a lot of learning in the future, learning about this world. It seemed like the only route to take because the more she knew about where she was, the more likely she was to learn about how to get home. Nessa wasn't especially fond of studying, attempting to learn new information and retain it. She was a practical learning at best, someone who learned best from experience and discussion, instead of pouring over texts and information. Guilt washed over Nessa as he offered to pay for her, she hated relying on others. She wanted to help people, that was something she always aspired to do, but right now... she was just helpless.

She would lean forward, resting her elbows on the table, and burying her face into her hands for a moment. Eyes squeezed shut, and whilst she took slow steading breathes to calm herself.  Freaking out wasn't going to do any good, she knew this. But as the waves of uncertainty rolled over her, it took all her willpower not to lose her head right now. She took three long steadying breathes before straightening up. Lowering her hands to look at him once more, "Thank you, I will pay you back I promise." She told him earnestly.

"I can do retail, I can do any work." She would look at her hands once again, "Back home I rely on my magic to make money mostly, fighting monsters, and providing aid to the public. I also owned a fashion line, so I know a little about business. My magic isn't up to code right now but... I'm sure I can still fight. Are there jobs like that? What is it that you do for a living?"

WC: 338 Total: 6,223  Tag: @Cassian

Last edited by Nessa Cordelia Lux on Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:59 am

"I'll hold you to that," Cassian tossed back at her, and he meant it. Spending his VG on himself was one thing, but giving it to some random person out of the niceness of his heart wasn't really his style. But he also wasn't as shrewd as his family, so he wouldn't charge her interest. This time.

He listened to her with interest as she described what she used to do back in her world. Didn't sound too much different, which was somehow weirder than if she'd said she did underwater speed dating and danced with creatures he'd never heard of. However, she did sound like a big deal. And if he knew anything about being a big deal, being from a noble family and all, it was how different it felt when all that was gone. His was all but gone because of his own doing, but to lose it unwillingly? "Given all the titles you mentioned, Saint of fairy tale or whatever, it sounds like you were a big shot. Things might be tougher here than you're used to," the blue-haired man commented, tanned face scrunching into something of a smirk. A good natured one...mostly. A heroic fashion designer. What a strange girl. "Yeah, there are jobs like that here. Clients put in for adventurers to go retrieve stuff from places, be it treasure from a cave or some sort of supplies that needs transporting. More urgent requests come in for rescues, usually from people trapped by aggressive monsters. And we get plenty of Monster Hunting jobs, if not to just clear out an area for someone then to collect materials from the beast to make into stuff. Sometimes there are others, but they're more rare," Cassian explained, thinking back to his full pouch of drops. He was on a Monster Hunting job currently. "Myself, I work out of the Velvet Reign faction on the Avalon Islands. Our whole goal is to make as much Vyldergold as possible see we can live the high life."

Once he was finished explaining, he went back to his meal and winked at Enid as she brought him another pint of mead. Quickly enough his sandwich was gone and he was snacking on the chips that were left. He had been much hungrier than he thought, but then again, he'd worked hard before Nessa came tumbling out of that portal.

[wc:398 || total: 6621]
Cassian
Cassian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:50 am

Nessa

Nessa Cordelia Lux

In her head, Nessa began to make a plan, to get home she was going to need two things for certain that was knowledge and money. The money would be the immediate concern as she needed that to survive and her predicament had left her more than lacking. It really was fortunate that she had been discovered by such a nice person, and she was keen to pay him back for his kindness as quickly as possible. With that in mind, she too would begin to dig into her food. Starting with her chips, eating them slowly so as to savour them. After all, this was a treat from someone else, she had to prepare for the possibility of not eating for much for a while.

She listened to his answer, she glanced away, she always found it awkward when people talked about her importance. Granted it had been several years and she was a bit more used to it now, it still felt strange to be so accepting of it. She would nod alone keenly at his explanation of clients requesting work of adventurers. Now that was right up her alley!

"That I can do for sure, so how do I become an Adventurer?" She asked, reaching over to her drink and taking a sip of water. It was refreshing to say the least, her head still felt foggy but at least the immediate sense of disorientation had gone.

"Velvet Reign... so is that like a guild? And Vyldergold is your currency?" She would ask further, hoping that her questions weren't annoying him. She really didn't want to wear out the patience of the first person she met here.

WC: 280 Total: 6,901 (2,000 Submitted as Apprentice Freeform)
New Total: 4,901  Tag: @Cassian

Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:04 am

"Becoming an Adventurer is easy," he answered, idly swirling the drink in his cup. "There're offices where you can sign up. All the towns have one, bigger cities have a few. There's one up the street from here, actually. You fill out some paperwork so they have records of you, then they give you a bunch of brochures. They'll find most of your clients, pay you bonuses and stuff. It'd be in your favor go to ahead and do that," he suggested, already planning to take her to the office after this.

As for her next question, he shifted and pulled a small pouch off his belt. Plucking an elongated, rectangular coin with rounded edges and holes drilled into it from it, he angled it toward the dim light so the gold would glisten. Engraved in the top half were the letters 'VG'. "This is our currency, yes. You'll need quite a few of these to get anywhere, and that's what Velvet Reign is all about. I guess you could say it's the same thing as a guild. Factions are where people gather together to work toward a common goal," Cassian grinned, glancing most affectionately over at the coin in his hand. It was funny. Back home he had an unlimited amount of them and they meant nothing. Once he left that behind and made his own, they just seemed to shine brighter. If only he was better at holding onto them.

[wc: 242 || total: 5143]
Cassian
Cassian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:14 am

Nessa

Nessa Cordelia Lux

Nessa's face would like up slightly, finally some good news. "That's good then, I'll go sign up after we eat! Thank you for your help!"" She told him genuinely, "I'll become an adventurer in this world, I'll earn money and then I'll use that to figure out a way home." Her eyes would glint with determination, having a plan and saying it out loud would significantly ease the uncertainty and panic she felt moments ago. This was just another difficult situation, one she would figure a way out of. This wasn't the first time she had been transported to another world against her will, there was that one time in her early days of Fairy Tail; when she and Rina got trapped in that crazy tarot world with all those horrible monsters. She had got home that time and she would do it again. At least this time she had some normal people to talk to, like Cassian!

Taking another chip, she would continue to work through her plate, leaning forward slightly as Cassian showed her the Vyldergold. It was a weird shape for currency, at least it did to her, as someone use to pieces of metal that were round. Then again, as she looked at it, it kind of made sense. It didn't really matter how it looked, but the value that it represented. She straightened up, reaching over she would pick up her sandwich, taking a bite. It was really good, another relief. From what she could tell, food pretty much tasted the same in this world too.

After swallowing her bite, she would address him once more, "I see, and your goal is to make money huh..." She thought about this for a moment, depending on how things went, getting money was going to be key to surviving until she could get home and if this Velvet Reign was a good way to do that, then she would have to keep it in mind. "And how does someone join a faction?"

WC: 335 Total: 5,478
 Tag: @Cassian

Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:20 am

"Honestly, with a faction, you basically just show up and hope for the best. Depends which one you want to join," he said, pleasantly buzzed from his second pint of mead and letting the gnawing annoyance of paying for her food go for the moment. "For Velvet Reign, you just treat it like a job interview. Look and speak professionally and sign a contract concerning VG and the percentage that the faction gets as dues, but in return you have extra opportunities to make large amounts of VG with faction sponsored events like beach parties and galas. Plus we get discounted rent in the suites at the headquarters," Cassian explained, though his visible eye turned thoughtful as he considered other factions. "I can only think of two other ones. Golden Titan has...some sort of fitness test, I think, since they do a lot of fighting. Rebel Scoprius, which a lot of people like to ignore, they make you...I don't know, offer up a kidney or a small child or something," he attempted to explain, but waved it off once he realized how unsure he was of his correctness. Close enough, probably. Neither of those places cared much for wealth, so he paid them little mind.

Enid came back around to ask if they needed anything else and to provide refills, at which time Cassian paid her and gave her a nice tip. She was a pleasant enough girl. He might not get his usual treatment today because he was with someone, but that didn't mean he wouldn't come back later, if he could. The girl had wandered in from Otenshire, hoping to gain the favor of theater lights in Engloria, but ending up as a tavern maid in the West Engloria outskirts just to pay the high rent on her one-room apartment. In his opinion, Engloria had the prettiest women, drawn to the idea of fame and fortune like moths to flame. He winked at her as she left with the coins, then turned his attention back to Nessa with Enid's situation on his mind. "I wouldn't recommend staying in Engloria. It looks like a place to make a lot of money, but it takes more than it gives. Unless you want to work retail in the city center or be a tavern maid like Enid to break even on rent, I would recommend..." he trailed, nearly choking on his suggestion for his own personal reasons, "Lyndon Port is the best combo for a job to supplement your adventure quests and still have a place to live... or you could come to the Avalon Islands and join Velvet Reign. While I can't guide you to Lyndon Port, I can if you wish to join my faction."

[wc: 456 || total: 5934 || -500 wc for Cassian's Apprentice exam, -500 wc for Nessa's Apprentice exam || new total: 4934]
Cassian
Cassian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:19 pm

Nessa

Nessa Cordelia Lux

Nessa's face would contort in momentary horror at the mention of initiation into the Faction known as Rebel Scorpius. Was that a dark faction or something? Of course, she couldn't assume that darkness didn't exist in this world, so it made sense. Hopefully, as long as she focused on getting home she would have to deal with any of that.  As he talked she would finish off her plate, not wanting to waste the meal he had gotten for her.

She considered his offer, join a faction so soon? She just got here would it really be okay to do that if she was just going to leave as soon as she could. After a moment of pondering, she made up her mind. "Thank you for the offer, but I'll think I'll make my way to this Lyndon Port as you recommended and see if I can find out more about how I got here. Either way, I'll come to see you once I'm settled, either to join Velvet Reign if I need more resources or to pay you back for the food." Polishing off the last of her meal, she would brush herself down and stand up.

"Would you point me in the direction of the Office where I can apply to be an Adventurer?"

WC:216 Total: 5,150
 Tag: @Cassian

Nessa Cordelia Lux
Nessa Cordelia Lux
Admin

Administrator  

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:12 pm

"Mmm, I'll hold you to that," he said, his lips pulling up higher on one side than the other. It was always nice to hear that someone he spotted with cash would pay him back, though he'd believe it when he saw it. There was a reason he didn't like lending people things. He'd count it as a wallet casualty until the moment she darkened his door with a couple of glistening gold coins.

Draining the last of his drink, he placed it back onto the table and rose. "Of course," Cassian said with a nod, waving a farewell to the freckled waitress before leading Nessa back out into the streets of West Engloria. Sure enough, as he'd said earlier, he'd take her up the street to a quaint little office titled "Adventurer's Guild". "Good luck, Nessa. It was...interesting, but nice to meet you," he snickered. Once she was inside, his pro bono work was done. Hopefully, she could handle herself from here on out, and he looked forward to seeing her since that'd mean getting his VG back. He stopped to speak to the Guild Employee in the booth outside to claim his own reward for his work, then sauntered up the street to catch a ride to the ocean to the east, where his boat was waiting. It was sitting at a makeshift port up the coast a bit, though, since he refused to go home to Lyndon Port without being threatened with death. Or if mom demanded.

[wc: 250 || total: 5400]
Cassian
Cassian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum