Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Invitations [Cassian] - Page 3 WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» KINK - 18+
by Guest Today at 7:21 pm

» A moonlit hunt
by Isla Paledragon Today at 10:01 am

» Human Nature [Birch]
by Birch Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» An Ishgarian's Journey | THEO
by Nessa Cordelia Lux Yesterday at 6:59 pm

» Mama's Letter (Hugo)
by Kirwin Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:12 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Donations

Invitations [Cassian]

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Invitations [Cassian] - Page 3 Empty Re: Invitations [Cassian]

Post by Beaux Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:04 am

Invitations [Cassian] - Page 3 Me9gqVH

Beaux watched as Cassian readjusted his hair, mesmerized by the dark blue locks. It was long, much more than the ponytail had shown. He had the sudden urge to run his fingers through the silky strands, but he was too far away.

“It feels great,” he replied as Cassian approached. The Deflater’s heat had been washed away by the gentle waves. He felt normal now, besides the fact that he was on the brink of plastered. The sudden poke to his cheek left him with a brief shocked expression, which molded into a shy smile. He lifted a hand and brushed his fingers where Cassian’s fingertip had touched as he listened to his date.

“I haven’t. Where is that?” Beaux asked, his eyes wide and curious. The only places he had visited since waking up in Hoptus Forest were a few small farming settlements along the road and the city of Engloria - none of which he’d gone swimming at. A visible shiver ran through his shoulders as he imagined swimming in colder water than what they were in right now.

Post WC: 181 Thread WC: 19,030 Tagged: @Cassian Music: Island Fever

Beaux
Beaux

VylderGold : 248

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:04 am

Cassian didn't let it register on his face, but as Beaux asked his question, the way he worded it gave the man some pause. Though he often played dumb so he could continue to play his cards close to his chest, he was actually quite bright. Clever, even. He'd been a good student. In fact, he'd really enjoyed school when he was young, before hormones and puberty set in and took his attention to other places. Once it was no longer cool to be good in school, his grades had dropped off on purpose. The eyepatched man was no genius, but he really did feel that Beaux should have heard of and at least have an idea of the general location of every city in Mirinah, unless Gaiyans just didn't learn geography? Possible, but he felt it was a stretch.

He had a theory forming, one that he would have laughed at himself for just a couple of months ago. Cassian had been convinced that Otherworlders were a myth, a strange cautionary tale taught to kids to have a scapegoat for the atrocities in the war and how they'd been allowed to happen. No portal, no other worlds, and everyone in Rivengate that claimed to be from somewhere else was just lying or mentally ill sharing in mass hysteria. But then a lovely young woman with white hair fell out of a stone ruin right in front of his face. One moment he was alone in Hoptus, the next there was a flash and Nessa Cordelia Lux, hopelessly broke and confused. Since he'd seen it, he had little choice but to believe it, even if he had been in denial.

Some things would make more sense if Beaux was an Otherworlder.

But he'd play dumb and not ask. In the end, it didn't really matter if Beaux was an Otherworlder or not, though other worlds having angels too was an interesting concept. "Oh yeah, toward the north of the mainland, there are a couple of towns where it's cold all year long. Crowleigh is where all the people who want to hike in the tundra or skin go, even though it's in Anthros territory. There's a big lake nearby where people take challenges to swim or skate on when it freezes over," Cassian informed him in a lazy tone, getting the explanation out of the way before getting to the point. "Anyway, I once did a challenge there where a bunch of us wanted to see who could stay submerged longer. It was so cold, it felt like millions of little needles..." he trailed, reaching out to drum his fingers along the skin of Beaux's shoulders to imitate said needles...and as an excuse to touch him. "I won, of course, but I caught a wicked cold after," Cass chuckled, knowing it was stupid but, hey, it wasn't boring. "This feels like bath water in comparison."

[wc: 485 || total: 19515]
Cassian
Cassian

VylderGold : 3630

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaux Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:15 pm

Invitations [Cassian] - Page 3 Me9gqVH

Crowleigh was, according to Cassian’s description, cold. All the time. Despite that, it sounded like an interesting place to visit full of recreational activities. It was probably beautiful too, if people loved to be outdoors there so much. As the angel ran his hands through the warm tropical water, he had a hard time picturing such a chilly place.

Beaux shied away with hunched shoulders and a laugh as Cassian imitated the icy needles of freezing water against his skin. “That sounds intense! Of course you won,” he commented, shaking off an invisible chill. It didn’t surprise him that the entertainer would participate in such a competition, let alone win it. Cassian had such confident self-assurance, it wasn’t hard to assume there was a dash of recklessness in there too.

“At least we won’t catch a cold here!” he added with a grin. The mild ocean water was pleasant. Beaux’s mind strayed back to Crowleigh. The way Cassian had described the winter town sent a pang of wistfulness to the angel’s heart. He stared mindlessly into the waves for a moment with a look of perplexion on his face. If he’d never even heard of the town, why did he feel this way? The burning need to know more flared in his mind.

“We should go there sometime,” Beaux suggested, surprising himself. The Deflater had loosened the iron control of his tongue, so thoughts became words without him even trying. “Not to dive in cold water,” he added hastily, “just to visit. It sounds like a nice place.”

Post WC: 258 Thread WC: 19,773 Tagged:  @Cassian   Music: Island Fever  
Beaux
Beaux

VylderGold : 248

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassian Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:40 am

Make that two surprised men. The darker skinned man's hand dropped from Beaux, his head tilting a little as he looked on. Had he heard that right?

We. Cassian smirked, rolling with it. "You want more of me, eh?" he teased the angel, looking quite full of himself. There was a strange victory in Beaux's loose lips, though he dared not think too deeply on it. He was nothing if not impetuous. He just knew he wanted very much to go. "Yes, I agree," he replied easily, the picture of unruffled composure as he brought a thoughtful fist to his chin. The mental image of Beaux in a fluffy white coat was adorable. "If you don't feel like being an ice scultpure, we could certainly wrap up warmly and go skiing, sledding, or skating. There are several beautiful lodges and plenty of room for adventures," the noble contemplated aloud, skipping over the luxury cabin that the du Villanells owned in Crowleigh. There was no way he was going to stay in any of the vacation homes unless he could sneak in without his parents finding out.

Should he be ashamed that he was still ducking his parents at his age? Probably, but he had his own ways and wasn't ready to give in to the cage awaiting him. He wouldn't apologize, either.

"Then I'll leave the timing up to you. I can drum up free time whenever I want, so whenever you want to go, just let me know, alright?"

Ugh, that was disgustingly available, but it was what it was. They were both drunk, they could both say some crazy stuff. It was only fair.

Carefully sinking into the water up to his shoulders to stave off his own heat, he was overly cautious not to get his hair and face wet. He also refused to go any deeper. Not many knew this, but the man really disliked the ocean. The beach was fine, but...the actual ocean was awful. It was a truly unfortunate feeling to have when your family dealt predominantly in ships... and you lived on an island where most of the tourists acted like newly hatched sea turtles...

[wc: 362 || total: 20,135]
Cassian
Cassian

VylderGold : 3630

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum