Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Invitations [Cassian] WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» The Custom Job
by wes Today at 2:54 am

» Week Hiatus~
by Jen Today at 2:46 am

» Dagger No More [Leon]
by Percy Today at 2:22 am

» SINGLE'S NIGHT [OPEN EVENT]
by Emi Kazama Yesterday at 4:34 pm

» My Isekai Paradise?! [open]
by Bleuenn Bosser Yesterday at 11:37 am

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ███████████ 22
ELDRITCH ████████████ 23
GAIYANS ██████ 12
ANTHROS █████ 9
HYBRID ███ 5
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this week
Percy
Invitations [Cassian] I_vote_lcapInvitations [Cassian] I_voting_barInvitations [Cassian] I_vote_rcap 
Jen
Invitations [Cassian] I_vote_lcapInvitations [Cassian] I_voting_barInvitations [Cassian] I_vote_rcap 
Leon Hoffman
wes

Donations

Invitations [Cassian]

Go down

Invitations [Cassian] Empty Invitations [Cassian]

Post by Beaux Wed May 19, 2021 4:58 am

Invitations [Cassian] Me9gqVH

Beaux hummed a gentle tune to himself as he wiped crumbs off another table at Predigio Bakery. It was calm at the bakery for a moment. The morning rush had trickled down to just a few patrons who chatted quietly at their tables or sipped their beverages and read the news. This was becoming his favorite time of the morning - a chance to recoup, clean up, and relax before the lunch crowd. Sunlight came in the window, leaving long rays of light on the floor. Beaux stopped in one for a moment, enjoying the warmth before he returned to his busywork.

He returned behind the counter, placing the rag he was using next to the sink. “Have a good day ma’am!” he called out to a woman heading towards the door. She waved back at him with a pleasant smile. Checking up on the customers again visually, he took a moment to make himself a cup of coffee. Though the caffeine made him a little jittery, the flavor made him feel happy. He didn’t know why really, but he clung onto the feeling with a quiet desperation. It was becoming a habit to drink too much coffee, he was considering switching to decaf.

The past few months had been tough on the angel. Waking up with very few of his memories left had taken a very deep toll on him. Various sensations from smells to fabrics had stirred many strange feelings in him that he had no memories to help make sense of. Just the other day, passing by a butcher shop and seeing the large knives on the wall had nearly caused him to stop breathing altogether out of panic. It was very stressful to navigate life in an unfamiliar country when anything could trigger him to react in ways that were uncontrollable and unpredictable. It was an understatement to say that he was in rough shape.

Luckily, this job had provided a sense of normalcy for him, as small as it was. Having a schedule did wonders for his mental state. He’d met so many wonderful people here in such a short time. Something that was ingrained in his brain was that community was built around food. The thought in his mind tied to the vision of a sweet-looking old woman, but he didn’t remember who she was. Her words rang true, though. Some customers were becoming regulars that he established connections with that he treasured, as impersonal as they were.

Beaux mixed in his cream and sugar, then stood sipping his coffee and leaning against the countertop. This moment of peace was nice, though the quiet would surely be disturbed by another customer coming in at any moment.

Post WC: 452 Thread WC: 452 Tagged:  @Cassian   Music: Link  
Beaux
Beaux

VylderGold : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Invitations [Cassian] Empty Re: Invitations [Cassian]

Post by Cassian Sat May 22, 2021 11:26 am

And so, the dashing adventurer returned with a quest well done to the guild to receive his payday, not a scratch on his garments. Though he was trying to look common, his flowy white tunic was made of shimmering satin and his black slacks were obviously tailored. His buckled boots were gleaming from a fresh polish, and he'd forgotten to take off the various gold rings on his fingers or the earring in his left lobe. The only thing that made him look remotely as un-noble as he wished was his eyepatch and low-tied long hair.

If only all of his job vig-making opportunities could existing only on the Avalon Islands. He hated leaving those tropical beaches anymore, but the lifestyle he led could hardly be supported by Velvet Reign functions alone. A few of his clients as a Host had fallen on hard times and didn't have the coin to pay for his time, and it was still several weeks off from the next gala. The frequent beach parties only put a band-aid on his hemorrhaging finances.

Could he just stop spending all of his hard-earned currency on fancy clothes by his favorite designer? Sure. Could he deprive himself of the finest dining in the whole tourist town? Absolutely. Could he lay off the booze and other substances to keep the party and the women entertaining? Yeah. However, would he ever do any of those willingly?

Absolutely not. Cassian du Villanell may be determined to become his own man with money he made all by himself, but he wasn't dead! Boring lives were for the old, dusty nobles that couldn't even get any from their own wives anymore. He'd live his life until he absolutely had to take his place as the head of the Lyndon Port noble family.

Speaking of family, he'd just met his mother at a winery about a block away for a secret handout so he could make this month's rent. All that alcohol sloshing in his belly was threatening to make him day-drunk, so he thought it'd be best to soak it up with something baked. If he wasn't mistaken, there was a bakery nearby. Predigio Bakery, was it?

It was. The blue-haired man stepped inside, his lone visible eye taking quick inventory before settling on the silverette sipping his coffee nearby. There was something striking about him. "Hello~" called the tanned man, his voice dipped in honey and smooth as the batters they baked their cakes with.

[wc: 414 || total: 866]
Cassian
Cassian

VylderGold : 3435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Invitations [Cassian] Empty Re: Invitations [Cassian]

Post by Beaux Sun May 23, 2021 9:44 pm

Invitations [Cassian] Me9gqVH

His moment of relaxation didn’t last long. Beaux’s blue eyes were drawn to the door of the bakery at the cheery jingle of the bell above it. A man had stepped in, greeting him with a silky, honeyed voice that drew the angel in. “Welcome to Predigio,” he replied pleasantly, placing his coffee down carefully behind him. Beaux subconsciously straightened out his floral apron and name tag, then stepped forward.

He found himself looking the newcomer over with intrigue. Engloria was full of nobles and wealthy families, so the various jewelry this guy wore wasn’t out of place. His clothing looked to be made of fine material, albeit not worn to neat perfection, and his boots shone with the sheen of a fresh polish. However, there was a rough look about him too. An eyepatch covered his right side, leaving only one blue-gray eye for Beaux’s own gaze to meet. He looked like a grand adventurer, someone who had many stories to tell.

“What can I get for you, sir?” he asked, trying not to stare too obviously. He brushed a few strands of silver hair from his face, giving a welcoming smile with a slight tilt of his head.

Post WC: 200 Thread WC: 652 Tagged:  @Cassian   Music: Link  
Beaux
Beaux

VylderGold : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum