Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN] - Page 2 WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» Buff Or Bluff *Angry Face* [Wes | Emi | Kiigan]
by Daiko Today at 10:22 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Emi Kazama Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:55 pm

» Blood on the Inn Floor | Emi & Kiigan
by Emi Kazama Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:43 pm

» ???? dandelion meadows, a small-town harvest moon rp
by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:55 am

» Character App. Submissions Thread
by Ueredu Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:00 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
Ueredu
Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN] - Page 2 I_vote_lcapGotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN] - Page 2 I_voting_barGotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Kiigan
Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN] - Page 2 I_vote_lcapGotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN] - Page 2 I_voting_barGotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Emi Kazama
Iris
Kupo
Katsumi
Daiko
wes

Donations

Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN]

Post by Daisuke Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:52 pm

Rowan

Lately, I've been, I've been thinking , I want you to be happier, I want you to be
happier, when the evening falls and I'm left there with my thoughts
Kura Tsunedari

Once Clara left the room, Kura would return her gaze to Daiko. She too had noticed her Auntie's behaviour post her mention of his race, it was a sad reality in this world, one she felt the need to explain. "Daiko... um, Auntie is a little cautious. Vyldermire isn't safe for ... everyone." She would emphasize the word, trying to make it clear to him that Otherworlders were often at risk in this world, without being so detailed that she might scare him or make him exceptionally paranoid. she didn't want to stress Daiko out, but she did want him to understand her Auntie's behaviour as well as a bit of the risk from being a part of this world.

"Like um... my species, Anthros I mean. A few millennia ago we were actually slaves to humanity, until the Gaiyans freed us." She told him, Kura would reach forward, taking her spoon and enjoying a few delicate mouthfuls of food before answering his question. "Aramon is my father's cousin's son, which makes him my second cousin. We, um, have the same great grandparents." She explained, hoping this was clear enough. Taking another spoonful, she would be chewing on a dumpling with her hand covering her mouth as Clara re-entered the room. At the sight of the pair heartily enjoying their food, she would beam, stepping over to the table. The elder woman would pull out a chair for herself and sit down, looking at Daiko.

"So Daiko, what do you understand about our world so far? Before you leave, we'll need to make sure to fill you in on the basics. Do you know much about the races of Vyldermire yet?" She would ask, a query that would cause Kura to brighten somewhat. Again, reminded why she had chosen to come here, if anyone was going to be helpful in settling Daiko in, it would be Clara and Aramon. They were kind, understanding people. Open-minded enough that she would not have to worry about them having a negative reaction to her turning up with an Otherworlder at their door.

WC: 349 TWC: 8529
[Handed in as Initiate Freeform -5000 words, new wc: 3529]

Tag: @Daiko  

Daisuke
Daisuke

VylderGold : 8535

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN]

Post by Daiko Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:15 pm

Huuuuuuuuh… one’s father’s cousin’s son. Wait, so- wait, one’s father’s cousin who had a son; what would that make said son to the father whose cousin was the son’s dad? And just like that, the walls of Daiko’s brain began to pulsate.

Either way, he didn’t focus on that for too long. The fact that Auntie was being cautious due to his presence was worrying. The way Kura put pressure on the last word ‘everyone’ made it sound like Vyldermire had some kind of problem with the likes of him… people from other worlds or something, as if they weren’t always felt welcome here… right? Was that the case? It probably was the case, it sounded like a typical ‘you don’t belong here, get lost!’ shtick going on. Thankfully, Auntie hadn’t appeared to be like that, so Daiko trusted her… especially since Kura spoke good for her.

The white foxie elaborated that her own race, one that should’ve been (maybe, maybe not) native to this world had been enslaved by humans a couple thousand years ago. His eyes widened far more, signaling the worrisome feeling that grew in him when hearing that. He couldn’t imagine Kura as someone’s… s-someone’s unwilling slave or anything near that, it was too disturbing to think of. Even the texture of his face grew sharper and somehow ‘gritter’ as he took another spoonful of his soup, letting Coda dip her yellow beak into the bowl for a slurp.

Clara’s return to the table did make him lighten up more as he met her with his previous, goofy smile again. “I, uh, Kura just told me about these Anthros people – are they all cute fox girls like her? ‘Cause otherwise, I haven’t a clue – w-well, humans are still a thing, obviously, but just how many races are there here…?”

WC: 303
TWC: 3832
Daiko
Daiko

VylderGold : 41040

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:53 pm

Rowan

Lately, I've been, I've been thinking , I want you to be happier, I want you to be
Kura Tsunedari

Clara laughed at Daiko's question, a soft appreciative chuckle. "No, no. Anthros are made up of various types of species, think... humans with animal features such as ears, tails etcetera. You have Nekos, who have feline features, Inus, who have canine. Avians, who had bird-like features, and then there are Draconytes, who share the features of dragons. Oh not to mention the Lapin which had rabbit or bunny-like qualities. And of course," She would gesture towards Kura, "You've already seen our fox-type species, the Kitsune. There are a number more, but those are the main ones that you'll find in the Mirinah region."

Kura nodded along, as though to cement the validity of her Aunt's words. All the while she would continue to polish off the stew, wasting no pause but instead making her way through it quickly, albeit gracefully. Clara would give Daiko a moment to take in this information, or ask any questions before continuing to explain more.  "So, essentially there are four key races in Vyldermire; Human, Anthros, Gaiyan and Eldritch. Human, I'm sure you are already familiar with, Gaiyans, or the original Mireans, are a race made up of earth-made creatures. Beings such as Fae, Angels, Elves, Dryad or Creatures of olde. Legend tells us that Gaiyans were born from the earth itself, thus they are sort of considered... protectors of the world's natural state. "

Again Kura nodded, she was glad that Clara was explaining these things. She was so much better at wording things than Kura was, Kura who could barely make eye contact or complete a sentence without a stammer. "And then there are the Eldritch. A... tempestuous race, said to be born when humans, Anthros or Gaiyans 'fell from grace', they are made up of witches, vampires, werewolves and demons. Now I don't want to shape your opinions Daiko, but when dealing with Eldritch it is wise to exercise caution. There are some that are harmless, however there that are born from very dark.... very sinister emotions." Clara would exchange a glance with Kura, whose eyes would glisten with melancholy before darting down to inspect the now empty bowl that lay before her. Clara's eyes would also display hints of sadness as they returned to Daiko. "And as you are a human, many of them are naturally inclined to hate you, due to past transgressions between races."

WC: 395 TWC: 4227

Daisuke
Daisuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiko Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:34 pm

Oooooooooh… so Anthros were, like, humans mixed with animal traits – basically someone like Kura, who had both traits of human and fox. He didn’t know why, but it sounded very cute – like the weird but peaceful fantasy creatures his mum read for him at bedtime when he was little. There were even bird-like Anthros, as she stated… maybe there was an Anthros who looked like Coda? Or, at least, one that had the same plumage? Was that possible?

It was a different world, this place, but it didn’t feel like a mirror world of Fiore. Maybe that wasn’t the case.

Dear Auntie began to explain of the other main races, while Daiko almost forgot his soup and kept his ears opened. His eyes were widened in intrigue, while Coda was sneaking up a few more sips from under his chin – at times, the avian creature would even waddle over to Kura’s bowl and taste some of hers... until it was empty, that was.

“W-Wait, Gaiyans… Elves are a kind of Gaiyan here?” he asked up in a mild worry, “I actually know an elf where I come from… but I don’t think she knows anything about Gaiyans. Nah, that can’t be- hehe, s-still trying to take it in that this place isn’t Fiore…” He dug his fingers into his thick hair and scratched the surface of his dome a little before continuing: “Gaiyans sound pretty chill, like guardian deities.”

Then, she began to explain about the last race – the Eldritch. Daiko could sum the race up, from her explanation, as… w-well, corrupted? She did literally say that they were said to be born from ‘falling from grace’, but it sounded weird. If it was a race, then why would just being one… w-wait, no, if it was a race, then couldn’t one be born an Eldritch? Daiko couldn’t imagine a newborn to harbor any corruption…

But if witches, vampires, werewolves and demons made up the race, then they sounded somewhat scary. Daiko’s experience with those entities weren’t exactly innocent; he’d even killed hundreds of demons in the past. How were demons here, then? He could only expect danger if she went as far as to warn him to show caution when dealing with any of the Eldritch, and he trusted Auntie and her own experience.

At least, knowing that some were harmless put him at ease. Still, the Eldritch race sounded scary.

“I-I’ll be cautious then, Auntie! I think I can keep an eye out for something strange – especially when Coda’s being my eyes in the sky,” he assured her while nuzzling Coda’s head feathers, “But it sounds a little weird, still… wouldn’t witches and werewolves be each their own race? And werewolves… they sound pretty Anthros, b-but then again… urrghh, nevermind, I think thinking about it too much is a bad omen.”

But somewhat unexpected, she also warned him that many would be drawn to despise him due to him being human. She mentioned ‘due to past transgressions between races’, which indicated that some huge incident must’ve taken place between the races – and that humans were probably not on the innocent side. “Ow, what? Well, now I can’t really trust any Eldritch then, if it’s so likely that they’ll just try and end me… *sniff*… u-uhh, s-sorry about this, I think the stench is still stuck to my cloak. Doesn’t really smell like sump, it smells… *sniff, sniff* kinda fishy. What did we swim in back then, foxie- I-I mean Kura?”

He slowly opened his cloak to reveal his dark-green, sleeveless jacket underneath – which was, somehow, completely ruined from back when he was brawling the wyvern. “M-My jacket’s all torn up, too… don’t tell me it lost endurance from coming here as well? Do you know anything about that, Auntie? I’ve really grown, like, ten buildings weaker since arriving in this, this, this Vyldermir world… I can’t even produce any fire!”

WC: 652
TWC: 4879
Daiko
Daiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:07 pm

Rowan

Kura Tsunedari

Kura and Clara would listen intently as Daiko mentioned his own world, it was a fascinating tidbit of info. It was clear from his presence that humans existed in worlds other than their own, but to know that races such as elves did too, it was a bizarre parallel. Especially considering that the world itself gave birth to elves, did that mean that their design had come from another existence, copied into the world via some entities will. Or perhaps was a Mirean elf the original form of its species, copied into other worlds? It was a wild concept. "I didn't know elves existed in other worlds..." Kura admitted with intrigue, wondering if kitsune like herself existed elsewhere too.

Following Clara's explanation on the Eldritch kind, she would smile at his promise to be cautious. She would consider his questions before addressing them each one by one. "You would think, however, there is something... magical that binds the race of Eldritch. Their kind has a very similar aura to one another, as do the sub-species of the other races, they are so different in so many ways but bonded somehow. And no, werewolves do not fall under the same class as an Anthros, I can see how you might think so. It... It's hard to explain the difference without steering your judgement of their species, perhaps when you travel through I'll word you'll grow to understand and form your own opinion on how each species and race differs from one another." It was clear that Clara was trying not to insult any of the races, Kura knew her aunt had opinions but also knew that she wasn't the type to force her ideals on others. It was another one of the reasons that she and her cousin Aramon had been the perfect people to bring Daiko to. They were understanding, good and intelligent people, Kura trusted them dearly.

"As I said, some are harmless, but cautiously." She reiterated with a nod, at his question about the substance they swam in, Kura would swallow her last mouthful. "Um, I think it was... er... swamp water." With that Clara stood up, moving over to Kura, she scooped up her empty bowl.  "Nevermind the smell, it'll soon waft out once we get you both cleaned up. Speaking of which, Kura, why don't you head in to the bath first. Daiko, would you like more stew?" She asked, without even waiting for his answer, she would scoop up her ladle, fill it with more beefy goodness and top up his bowl. Kura nodded, pushing her chair back, she would hop off of it, before one last glance at Daiko. She shot him what she hoped was a reassuring smile, before darting away to the bathroom to get washed up. Clara would place Kura's empty bowl in the sink before returning to the seat across from Daiko.

"Now Daiko, if you're going to survive here as an Otherworlder, the best route for you would likely be finding others like you. Otherworlders aren't common though, but they have been coming to Vyldermire for as long as anyone can recall. Most of them settle in Rivengate, I believe there's a facility there that are known to help your kind. I can't remember what it's called though... ahh, what is it? Perhaps Aramon knows. He'll be home soon. You'll likely need to find a means of paying for food and supplies, what skills do you have?"

WC: 578 TWC: 5457

Daisuke
Daisuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiko Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:02 pm

Surely, elves did exist in the world he came from. Fiore… yeah, there was Kerii and… welp, that was it. The only elf he knew. Maybe they were rarer than that, but they were still at thing. “Mhm! Actually, come to think about it, my guil- b-basically the group I lived with, yeah, one of our members was a ginger-haired Kitsune – kinda like you…!” he further informed the white foxie, “They kept transforming into other people, though… I don’t think I’ve seen LeeAnn’s true form, ever, like, at all before… or maybe I have, but I’ve been left in the dust?! You must’ve tricked me, Lee…!” His fist was clenched strongly, poking out a single vein in annoyance of that realization as his face had grown angered over something as… strange as this.

Safe to say, he missed them. What on earth were they on about right now? Maybe they had discovered his absence or lack of reporting? Maybe they were searching for him… and maybe they’d end up here, just like him! That way, Kura could meet them too! It birthed a lot of hope in his heart and made his angered face light up in joy again.

“… Huuuuuh. So you’re saying that I can’t mistake an Eldritch when I meet one, right?” he assumed as he tried to scoop up more remains of soup from his visibly empty bowl, “I’m… woooooooooooah, this place sounds rad! Maybe it wasn’t just pure misfortune, being sent here by… b-by something, I think…” Yeah, still had to figure that one out – if he was sent here, reason or no reason, who was responsible?

Quickly, he had to grab Coda and prevent her from joining Kura in her bath, because the white foxie probably didn’t know how to clean a falcon’s feathers safely. Also, Coda was thinking with her gutter at the moment; gladly, being a bird as she was, their new friend likely didn’t notice any of the falcon’s special interest in her. Daiko simply smiled back at her, signaling that he had her under control, and thus left Kura to clean herself first.

“R-Relaaaaaax, Coda… y-you’re always going after pretty women, you cheeky, little girl- ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch-“ he groaned in defeat as Coda’s beak bonked into his temple a myriad of times. Once the smell of newly poured soup reached their noses, however, they both gasped and dug in as if they had reconciled immediately. Thus was the relationship between falcon-eagle-hawk creature of the sky Coda and her falconer.

“*sluuuuuurp* T-There are others like me here! Maybe someone I know, even… a lot of people have disappeared from my world, s-so there might be a chance…” he mumbled while energizing himself with nutrient liquid. Who knew that soup could taste so good? He was more of a gnawing eater, needing solid meat between his teeth to satisfy his hunger, but this made him want to lose all his teeth just as an excuse to gobble up more soup!

Auntie explained that many Otherworlders, like himself, settle in a place called Rivengate. If Daiko needed help regarding how he came here – and perhaps how to return – then he’d find it in Rivengate before any other places… so there was cue for a journey to this strange place, huh. Well, Daiko was an explorer at heart, and a Mage too at that!

Oh, wait… yeah, he had to explain that part too.

“I, uh… I used to be a Takeov- I mean, well, I was a Mage who used Fire Magic. You know, the kind that you expect to see from the Phoenix… wait, Avian specie- Kura mentioned that earlier, that there are Phoenix people in this land! A-Actually, I don’t know if the Phoenix I’m talking about is the same kind as them, b-but I can explain the best I can!” He took a deep breath and decided to just let it all out; pour all the knowledge of himself and his profession as he could into Clara’s poor face.

“I’m a Take-Over Mage – and if you don’t know what that is, then it’s like you have a very powerful creature inside of you which fuels your Magic and power… a-and in my case, I can use the powers of the Phoenix, b-but ever since… I don’t know why – something about not being in sync with this world, with Vyldermar or whatever – but I’ve lost my Magic! Look! … H-Hmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg!!!” He began holding his hands together in an attempt to cast a spell, but his mana fluxed faintly – like trying to ignite a lighter with minimal amounts of fuel in it – before ultimately dissipating. “S-See? Nothing – I can’t even make an ember! This is the wooooooooooooooooooooooooooorst…!”

It was safe to say that Daiko loathed that malfunction, because his Magic was a big part of himself. It was a big part of being a Mage, and he had spent most of his young days training that Magic. It was his strength, pride and joy – and it was just gone. “I-I used to be able to blow a tunnel through a mountain, please believe me… or-or evaporate a lake instantly! Or fly with wings of fire! Or turn entire plots of land into coal floor! It’s like Vyldermir has handicapped me, now, and I don’t know how long it’ll take to return… Kura said something about getting used to this place and aura, b-but how long will that take?”

While rightfully panicking, Daiko’s physical form hadn’t taken any damage from the transfer. However, he paid very little mind to how physically strong he was – all mages in his world were physically strong, it was directly tied to how efficiently they could use their Magic – so he still fluxed on what exact skill-

Ding!

“… B-But if I do need to be of use, until I can get my Magic back… I guess I’m still a good hunter? I can use a bow and arrow pretty swiftly, and Coda looks like nothing happened to her, so she can help too.” He leaned back and crossed his arms in deep thought, “Still feels like I’m missing lots… are there any hunting jobs in abundance here, Auntie? Do they hunt or search for lost things in Rivengate?”

WC: 1047
TWC: 6504
Daiko
Daiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:21 am

Rowan

Kura Tsunedari

Hearing Daiko verbally confirm that Kitsune did in fact exist in his world would bring a small smile to her lips. There was something soothing about that, knowing that her species lived on in other worlds. Living the life of an Anthros wasn't always the easiest, in spite of the progression of the world, sometimes it still felt a little lonely. Being the forgotten race, the assumed bottom of the food chain, it was hard. It was something Kura thought about a lot, especially after what happened with Hikari. Knowing that there were people like her in other worlds, it was comforting.

Clara would shake her head at his question, realising she hadn't been quite clear enough, "Oh, well, not all Eldritch look the same. Sometimes it can be quite hard to tell them from any of the other races. When I say they are the same I mean their aura specifically, you could learn how to read aura's but it's a finicky practice and unreliable too. A lot of folks don't like being known so they have protection against such skills."

At her Aunt's request, Kura would leave the room, unaware of the bird's attempt to follow her. Clara would chuckle at the pair's antics, before filling up his bowl, clearing Kura's bowl and returning to the table. Clara's gaze would soften at Daiko's hopeful remark, "Possibly. I can't promise you'll meet people from your world here though, Otherworlders are... complicated. Why they are pulled here, no one really knows." She told him with a shrug.

Carla listened to Daiko explain his magic, nodding occasionally but not saying anything until he began his demonstration. She would watch his attempt to produce fire, reaching over and patting him on the arm when it failed, her features sympathetic.  "I know it's hard, you'll just need to be patient, unfortunately, it will get better. It's like baking, when you throw butter and flour into a bowl, at first the butter is thick and the flour remains separated. But eventually, it mixes together and becomes a smooth firm dough, and from there the possibilities are endless."

At the admission of his own skills, Carla would clap her hands together approvingly. "Hunting! A great skill, yes, you're in luck then. Monster hunting is a big profession here, monster materials are one of our most sought out materials here. A lot of businesses will hire monster hunters to gather materials for them to spare themself the risk. I don't think there are a lot of monsters in Rivengate, but you can always take a quick boat ride back to the mainland. Oh, if you have a chance you should check out the Adventurer's Guild, registration is free and they assign jobs and quests to their members."

WC: 461 TWC: 6,965

Daisuke
Daisuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiko Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:17 pm

It was strange, but the example with butter and flour soothed him a lot. It easily explained his problem with channeling Magic right now – he was butter, and Vyldermir around him was flour. Right now, he wasn’t mushed enough to be able to melt with the flour and become dough yet… okay, that made a funny image in his head which caused the falconer to snicker. Ah, some things never change, including his wonder boy presence.

Okay, so the plan was to get to Rivengate and figure out how, why and what – all the ‘wh’ questions concerning his arrival in Vyldermir. To benefit himself throughout his time here, however, his focus came back to hunting; monster hunting, especially, was told by Clara to be a huge thing around these parts, which… reminded him of the wyvern from earlier. There were people who hunted those, huh? He’d have some competition, then – at least, until he re-awoke his Magic. When that would happen, he was convinced that he’d dominate the field.

“I’ve hunted plenty of giant beasts before. Should be a piece of cak- s-should have been a piece of cake, if not for… well, I hope you’ll come to my aid, Coda,” he worryingly beckoned his feathery fella, who just tilted her avian head in disbelief. But just when he had settled for that plan, another factor came into play that sounded much closer to home – guilds!

Adventurer’s Guild!

Adventurer’s… Guild… wow, what a boring name to a guild! “… Wait, you have guilds too? And it’s called… ‘Adventurer’s Guild’? Do you Vyldermir people have one, huge guild in total, or are some of you just bad with names?” While a bit bratty, one who had been through years of random guilds with random names like ‘Infinity Hydra’, ‘Grimoire Heart’, ‘Empyrean’ and many more, hearing of an ‘Adventurer’s Guild’ just sounded like a broad term for literally any guild out there.

“Are there guilds out there with cooler names? Like… ‘Blue Pegasus’? There, there’s a cool name if you ask me!” he proudly suggested with crossed arms and a wide smile, “Or even ‘Lamia Scale’, y’know, symbolism and stuff. Gotta be very creative with your guild’s name, so people recognize you better… or maybe even something like ‘Fox Tail’! Fluffy and soft, just like Kura’s tails – that’s a cute name, too~!” Unbeknownst to him, he had revealed that he knew of Kura’s fluffiness, but what was so wrong about that? He was just inspecting…

Seriously, what was wrong with that?

WC: 419
TWC: 7384
Daiko
Daiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:50 pm

Rowan

Kura Tsunedari

Carla reached across the table, patting Daiko reassuring on the arm at the clear uncertainty in his words. "I'm sure you'll be fine." She told him softly before they moved onto their next point. She pondered briefly how to explain this to him, "The Adventurer's Guild is essentially the framework of employment for the nation. Outside of generic employment in workplaces such as cafes, blacksmiths and whatnot. When merchants, businesses and so on need employers for a specific task they generally will hire through the Adventurer's guild. It pays well enough and it eliminates employment bias." She explained, hoping that this was making some semblance of sense to him.

"Cooler names?" She repeated back to him, listening as he offered examples from the world he had clearly travelled from. "I'm not sure about 'cool named guilds' but we do have factions here. There are organisations separate from the Adventurer's guild, generally located in different regions, with different purposes. Like... The Golden Titans, for example, they are a militant faction located here in Engloria. They provide protection to the people and ensure the stability of the Eirinai Treaty. Oh, I should probably explain, the Eirinai treaty is a treaty between the races. The promise of peace amongst the three realms. There was a time ago when humans and Eldritch were at war with each other... it went on for thousands of years, until the Gaiyans stepped in. Forced the hands of both parties until peace was agre-."

Carla would be cut off at the sound of the front door opening, seconds later a man would step inside of the room. He was a Lanky gentleman, with sharp cheekbones and attractive features. He was dressed in a long grey mac, underneath which he appeared to be sporting a grey suit and white tie. "Aramon, Darling!" Carla would greet warmly, moving out of her chair and sweeping across the room in a swift elegant motion. He would reach up, pulling off his farmer's cap and hanging it on a nearby coat rack, before leaning down to kiss his wife. His hair, like Kura's, was white, however, the tips of his hairline ombre into a dark grey, and position of either side of his crown, were two pointed Kitsune ears, the same shades of white with grey tints.

"Mmm, grub smells exquisite, as do you." He murmured against his wife's lips, pulling her in for a further embrace. She would put her hands up to his chest and pull away, not permitting him the moment to get caught up in. "Yes, well, let's get you a bowl, you can eat with our guest." She remarked pointedly, Aramon would pause in his affections, frowning at her beau before glancing around the room, his eyes falling on Daiko, heterochromatic in nature, the left brown and the right, a piercing blue - like Kura's. His eyes narrowed sharply, "Pick up another stray did you?"

Carla pouted at that, "Not me, Kura." She retorted, the name of his cousin would cause him to glance at her in surprise, "Kura's here?" Carla nodded,  "In the bath getting cleaned up, she met Daiko here in Hoptus... he's an Otherworlder." Aramon said nothing, taking in this information for a moment, instead, he took off his mac and hung it up. Meanwhile, Carla would move away again, returning to the stove to prepare him a bowl. After taking off his shoes, Aramon would lock the front door. Turning to the kitchen table, he approached, sliding into the seat across Daiko. He eyed him for a moment, saying nothing as he visibly sized up the lad, eyes moving to Coda.

"Nice bird." He commented bluntly.

WC: 612 TWC: 7,996

Daisuke
Daisuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiko Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:41 pm

Wait… factions? Weren’t those used in war? Was there a war going on in the Adventurer’s Guild?! And these ‘Golden Titans’ were mentioned as a militant faction… it kind of worried him. Although, Auntie didn’t sound too uptight about mentioning this, so maybe he was missing something… obviously, he must’ve missed a point, or maybe they were another type of faction than those where you choose a side in war – then again, a militant faction? Were there any militant guilds back in his… ohhhhhhhh…

So they were like the Rune Knights. Got it.

And since he had been informed about tension between the races, it was nice to hear that they did have a solid treaty going on – this E-Eri-Eirinai Treaty- it was visible for her that Daiko was twisting his tongue a little bit trying to pronounce the word Eirinai. Also, if it was forced by the Gaiyans that these two groups – the Humans and the Eldritch – should make peace, then that just solidified the cause of tension between them to this day, didn’t it? Were there any bad bloods toward the Gaiyans? As a human himself, maybe Daiko should do extra effort into avoiding those Eldritch people – one bad step and he could end up the victim of a hate crime… errghh, noooo, he had to get his magic powers back as soon as possible! He felt defenseless!

And enter one unusually tall guy, rather thinned out even compared to the pre-Phoenix Mage who looked like he burned through calories with every fight he had been in before- wait a damn second! His hair, the right eye, and the pair of fluffy fox ears stretching straight up… he must’ve been Kura’s un- wait, cousin! Cousin… still had to come to terms with that.

Could you blame him, though? Daiko was an only child, his mum gone, no close blood ties at all and basically just a one-man family in name. He had no idea that one’s cousin could be old enough to marry one’s honorable aun- w-wait… nooo, that sounded wrong, dummy! Argghhh, forget that! Ignore it! Uncle, cousin, sibling, whatever – at least, if Carla was Auntie, then this guy definitely held the title Uncle to the Pyromage. Deal.

Being called a ‘stray’ made Daiko feel like a lost cat, and it came to life with two bangs flailing up in the air to emulate that of a curious feline. Although, it did get a little nerve-wrecking once he was being scanned by the taller kitsune… was it because that he was an Otherworlder? Was it… distrust? Daiko couldn’t tell, that dude’s glance was silent…!

Coda, however, scratched her wings a little before eyeing back at the curious man. Her head tilted in his compliment, while Daiko still felt like he was being interviewed for a job… then again, in a way, he was, right? Adventurer’s Guild and all that. “T-Thanks… I trained her well, she won’t bother you, I swear! Isn’t that right, Coda?” he reassured the kitsune with a straight, open palm raised up next to his own face as if he was about to instinctively salute.

… Wait, crap, now he had to compliment the guy too! Otherwise, it’d be too awkward! “Mhmm… you got a nice cap over there. I, uh, I’m not doing very well with fashion at the moment, as you… can see…” Ah yeah, his cloak was still clotted in stench – Coda regularly scratched his skull for the possibility of woodland arthropods having nested in there as a result of his quick but chaotic walk through the Hoptus Forest.

“… Can I call you Uncle?”

WC: 604
TWC: 8600
Daiko
Daiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2