Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN] - Page 2 WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» Statsheet Creation : Requests & Updates
by Iris Today at 11:30 am

» Izou Ikkouyou
by Iris Today at 11:25 am

» Character App. Submissions Thread
by Iris Today at 11:23 am

» Into the Unknown [Percy]
by Percy Today at 6:29 am

» Shadows Over Pern[jcink]
by Guest Today at 4:24 am

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ███████████ 22
ELDRITCH ████████████ 23
GAIYANS ██████ 12
ANTHROS █████ 9
HYBRID ███ 5
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Donations

Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN]

Post by Daisuke Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:52 pm

Rowan

Lately, I've been, I've been thinking , I want you to be happier, I want you to be
happier, when the evening falls and I'm left there with my thoughts
Kura Tsunedari

Once Clara left the room, Kura would return her gaze to Daiko. She too had noticed her Auntie's behaviour post her mention of his race, it was a sad reality in this world, one she felt the need to explain. "Daiko... um, Auntie is a little cautious. Vyldermire isn't safe for ... everyone." She would emphasize the word, trying to make it clear to him that Otherworlders were often at risk in this world, without being so detailed that she might scare him or make him exceptionally paranoid. she didn't want to stress Daiko out, but she did want him to understand her Auntie's behaviour as well as a bit of the risk from being a part of this world.

"Like um... my species, Anthros I mean. A few millennia ago we were actually slaves to humanity, until the Gaiyans freed us." She told him, Kura would reach forward, taking her spoon and enjoying a few delicate mouthfuls of food before answering his question. "Aramon is my father's cousin's son, which makes him my second cousin. We, um, have the same great grandparents." She explained, hoping this was clear enough. Taking another spoonful, she would be chewing on a dumpling with her hand covering her mouth as Clara re-entered the room. At the sight of the pair heartily enjoying their food, she would beam, stepping over to the table. The elder woman would pull out a chair for herself and sit down, looking at Daiko.

"So Daiko, what do you understand about our world so far? Before you leave, we'll need to make sure to fill you in on the basics. Do you know much about the races of Vyldermire yet?" She would ask, a query that would cause Kura to brighten somewhat. Again, reminded why she had chosen to come here, if anyone was going to be helpful in settling Daiko in, it would be Clara and Aramon. They were kind, understanding people. Open-minded enough that she would not have to worry about them having a negative reaction to her turning up with an Otherworlder at their door.

WC: 349 TWC: 8529
[Handed in as Initiate Freeform -5000 words, new wc: 3529]

Tag: @Daiko  

Daisuke
Daisuke

VylderGold : 8206

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty Re: Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN]

Post by Daiko Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:15 pm

Huuuuuuuuh… one’s father’s cousin’s son. Wait, so- wait, one’s father’s cousin who had a son; what would that make said son to the father whose cousin was the son’s dad? And just like that, the walls of Daiko’s brain began to pulsate.

Either way, he didn’t focus on that for too long. The fact that Auntie was being cautious due to his presence was worrying. The way Kura put pressure on the last word ‘everyone’ made it sound like Vyldermire had some kind of problem with the likes of him… people from other worlds or something, as if they weren’t always felt welcome here… right? Was that the case? It probably was the case, it sounded like a typical ‘you don’t belong here, get lost!’ shtick going on. Thankfully, Auntie hadn’t appeared to be like that, so Daiko trusted her… especially since Kura spoke good for her.

The white foxie elaborated that her own race, one that should’ve been (maybe, maybe not) native to this world had been enslaved by humans a couple thousand years ago. His eyes widened far more, signaling the worrisome feeling that grew in him when hearing that. He couldn’t imagine Kura as someone’s… s-someone’s unwilling slave or anything near that, it was too disturbing to think of. Even the texture of his face grew sharper and somehow ‘gritter’ as he took another spoonful of his soup, letting Coda dip her yellow beak into the bowl for a slurp.

Clara’s return to the table did make him lighten up more as he met her with his previous, goofy smile again. “I, uh, Kura just told me about these Anthros people – are they all cute fox girls like her? ‘Cause otherwise, I haven’t a clue – w-well, humans are still a thing, obviously, but just how many races are there here…?”

WC: 303
TWC: 3832
Daiko
Daiko

VylderGold : 40692

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:53 pm

Rowan

Lately, I've been, I've been thinking , I want you to be happier, I want you to be
happier, when the evening falls and I'm left there with my thoughts
Kura Tsunedari

Clara laughed at Daiko's question, a soft appreciative chuckle. "No, no. Anthros are made up of various types of species, think... humans with animal features such as ears, tails etcetera. You have Nekos, who have feline features, Inus, who have canine. Avians, who had bird-like features, and then there are Draconytes, who share the features of dragons. Oh not to mention the Lapin which had rabbit or bunny-like qualities. And of course," She would gesture towards Kura, "You've already seen our fox-type species, the Kitsune. There are a number more, but those are the main ones that you'll find in the Mirinah region."

Kura nodded along, as though to cement the validity of her Aunt's words. All the while she would continue to polish off the stew, wasting no pause but instead making her way through it quickly, albeit gracefully. Clara would give Daiko a moment to take in this information, or ask any questions before continuing to explain more.  "So, essentially there are four key races in Vyldermire; Human, Anthros, Gaiyan and Eldritch. Human, I'm sure you are already familiar with, Gaiyans, or the original Mireans, are a race made up of earth-made creatures. Beings such as Fae, Angels, Elves, Dryad or Creatures of olde. Legend tells us that Gaiyans were born from the earth itself, thus they are sort of considered... protectors of the world's natural state. "

Again Kura nodded, she was glad that Clara was explaining these things. She was so much better at wording things than Kura was, Kura who could barely make eye contact or complete a sentence without a stammer. "And then there are the Eldritch. A... tempestuous race, said to be born when humans, Anthros or Gaiyans 'fell from grace', they are made up of witches, vampires, werewolves and demons. Now I don't want to shape your opinions Daiko, but when dealing with Eldritch it is wise to exercise caution. There are some that are harmless, however there that are born from very dark.... very sinister emotions." Clara would exchange a glance with Kura, whose eyes would glisten with melancholy before darting down to inspect the now empty bowl that lay before her. Clara's eyes would also display hints of sadness as they returned to Daiko. "And as you are a human, many of them are naturally inclined to hate you, due to past transgressions between races."

WC: 395 TWC: 4227

Tag: @Daiko  

Daisuke
Daisuke

VylderGold : 8206

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiko Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:34 pm

Oooooooooh… so Anthros were, like, humans mixed with animal traits – basically someone like Kura, who had both traits of human and fox. He didn’t know why, but it sounded very cute – like the weird but peaceful fantasy creatures his mum read for him at bedtime when he was little. There were even bird-like Anthros, as she stated… maybe there was an Anthros who looked like Coda? Or, at least, one that had the same plumage? Was that possible?

It was a different world, this place, but it didn’t feel like a mirror world of Fiore. Maybe that wasn’t the case.

Dear Auntie began to explain of the other main races, while Daiko almost forgot his soup and kept his ears opened. His eyes were widened in intrigue, while Coda was sneaking up a few more sips from under his chin – at times, the avian creature would even waddle over to Kura’s bowl and taste some of hers... until it was empty, that was.

“W-Wait, Gaiyans… Elves are a kind of Gaiyan here?” he asked up in a mild worry, “I actually know an elf where I come from… but I don’t think she knows anything about Gaiyans. Nah, that can’t be- hehe, s-still trying to take it in that this place isn’t Fiore…” He dug his fingers into his thick hair and scratched the surface of his dome a little before continuing: “Gaiyans sound pretty chill, like guardian deities.”

Then, she began to explain about the last race – the Eldritch. Daiko could sum the race up, from her explanation, as… w-well, corrupted? She did literally say that they were said to be born from ‘falling from grace’, but it sounded weird. If it was a race, then why would just being one… w-wait, no, if it was a race, then couldn’t one be born an Eldritch? Daiko couldn’t imagine a newborn to harbor any corruption…

But if witches, vampires, werewolves and demons made up the race, then they sounded somewhat scary. Daiko’s experience with those entities weren’t exactly innocent; he’d even killed hundreds of demons in the past. How were demons here, then? He could only expect danger if she went as far as to warn him to show caution when dealing with any of the Eldritch, and he trusted Auntie and her own experience.

At least, knowing that some were harmless put him at ease. Still, the Eldritch race sounded scary.

“I-I’ll be cautious then, Auntie! I think I can keep an eye out for something strange – especially when Coda’s being my eyes in the sky,” he assured her while nuzzling Coda’s head feathers, “But it sounds a little weird, still… wouldn’t witches and werewolves be each their own race? And werewolves… they sound pretty Anthros, b-but then again… urrghh, nevermind, I think thinking about it too much is a bad omen.”

But somewhat unexpected, she also warned him that many would be drawn to despise him due to him being human. She mentioned ‘due to past transgressions between races’, which indicated that some huge incident must’ve taken place between the races – and that humans were probably not on the innocent side. “Ow, what? Well, now I can’t really trust any Eldritch then, if it’s so likely that they’ll just try and end me… *sniff*… u-uhh, s-sorry about this, I think the stench is still stuck to my cloak. Doesn’t really smell like sump, it smells… *sniff, sniff* kinda fishy. What did we swim in back then, foxie- I-I mean Kura?”

He slowly opened his cloak to reveal his dark-green, sleeveless jacket underneath – which was, somehow, completely ruined from back when he was brawling the wyvern. “M-My jacket’s all torn up, too… don’t tell me it lost endurance from coming here as well? Do you know anything about that, Auntie? I’ve really grown, like, ten buildings weaker since arriving in this, this, this Vyldermir world… I can’t even produce any fire!”

WC: 652
TWC: 4879
Daiko
Daiko

VylderGold : 40692

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum