Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN] WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» The United Alliance | au Smallville + DCU
by Guest Today at 3:00 pm

» Character App. Submissions Thread
by LandBios Today at 2:13 pm

» Virikirax Stella
by LandBios Today at 2:09 pm

» Statsheet Creation : Requests & Updates
by Iris Today at 11:30 am

» Izou Ikkouyou
by Iris Today at 11:25 am

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ███████████ 22
ELDRITCH ████████████ 23
GAIYANS ██████ 12
ANTHROS █████ 9
HYBRID ███ 5
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Donations

Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN] Empty Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN]

Post by Daiko Sat May 08, 2021 9:41 pm

”… How the hell did I get here?” the Takeover Mage stuttered in his breath, unable to take in all of what had just happened. To sum it up, he was dying… but somehow, he was standing here now, all the healthier and with Coda by his side – however, he had no recollection of approaching this place himself. Was this Worth Woodsea?

… Coda was looking so worried. This couldn’t be Worth Woodsea, their home… had someone kidnapped them?! But they were by themselves, and nobody was hiding nearby. This didn’t make a lick of sense for him! “Let’s find our way back to Hargeon… hey, maybe Kerii found a cure for my sickness.“ With a sliver of happiness travelling through his chest, he held up a hand and called out with all of his might: “KERII!!! WHERE AAAAAAREEEEE YOOOOOOOOUUUUU?!”

No answer.

“… This is so weird! It’s the second time, too!” he roared in annoyance, “Whoever you are, wherever you hide, you insufferable prankster! I’ll tear you a new one if you don’t show yourself!” He was ready to parry an incoming attack with his stance as he was about to channel his Takeover Magic, allowing him to summon fire. However, before he could channel it through, the woods began to rustle in a way that alerted Daiko of huge creatures coming his way…

They weren’t that huge, but he didn’t expect human-sized dragons to live here. They must’ve been a result of the Dragon Break, for he saw dragons cut through the sky back in Myras too. After hearing news of it, he should’ve expected to face off against a few of them, and he got his chance to punch through them here and now. They looked bloodthirsty for him.

“Bad move, scaly carpets-“ Daiko proclaimed as he launched a strained fist straight at them, deciding to send a wave of fire ahead to scare the wild creatures before they flapped their wings and fangs at him… but that was when a whole other problem arose. Throughout the distance to the very edges of Hoptus Forest, incoherent screams could be heard echoing through the woods – Daiko was being flung about by a Wyvern, but he had its neck in a headlock and was attempting to choke it to death.

No Magic was releasing from him. Not a single speck of Ethernano was activating. He quickly went to his last resort – these hands – and laid down the ground work for the Wyvern’s beating. Coda, his orange-red falcon, would ready up for a beak drill into the Wyvern's belly, while Daiko kept it in place. He was confused and paranoid at his presence here...

WC: 445
Daiko
Daiko

VylderGold : 40692

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN] Empty Re: Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN]

Post by Daisuke Mon May 10, 2021 4:37 pm

Rowan

Lately, I've been, I've been thinking , I want you to be happier, I want you to be
happier, when the evening falls and I'm left there with my thoughts
Kura Tsunedari

His scent was fading...

She had him, she had been so close, she could feel it. Closing in. But he was clever, he had always been of so clever that older brother of hers. A clever misdirection, has her chasing clothes tuck into a merchants carriage for days before she had clocked. Kura's own shame over being so easily fooled by her sibling fueled her frantic backtracking that had led her to Hoptus. He had been here, she knew it, but the path for his scent was fading. Almost as though he had just... vanished.

The Kitsune would stop in a clearing, sky blue irises scanning the area, sniffing softly. She would inch toward the tree next to her, it was incredibly light but it was there. He had leaned against this, there was the faint scent of stream water coating the wood. He must have washed himself in the stream but even so that would explain why his scent suddenly vanished in this clearing. It was baffling, Kura stepped further into the clearing, examining the area closest. Her ears would prick at a sound in the distance, the voice of a man shouting.

Kicking off the ground, she would sprint toward it. It wasn't Hikari's voice, but maybe the man had seen something. Swiftly the young Inari would dart through the trees, her agile body maneuvering through the thick forestry with ease. She would feel her sensing tingling, instincts warning her of the dangerous reptilian ahead. She stopped, it was large, much larger than anything she had fought before. She should run.

But as she peered through the trees, she would witness the sight of a man flung about by the Wyvern. She paused, she didn't know this man, but still, she couldn't stand by and do nothing. Hikari would have called her a reckless idiot. In this instance, he might have been right.

The Kitsune kicked off once more, moving toward the man and the small dragon-like creature. She would take inhale slowly, controlling her breath as she manipulating the power. Her white tails curling behind her before stretching outward, the tips manifesting flickerings of blue flame. As she got closer, she could see that the man had the creature in a headlock, her eyes widened in shock. A foolish endeavour, did he not realise just how dangerous this creature was!

"Erm, Mister!" She called out at the man and his bird, trying to warn them but not quickly enough as the creature began to thrash furiously in an attempt to shake off it's attacker. Kura would create three orbs of fire and send them flying toward the monster.  Two of the orbs would fly towards it's front legs, whilst the other would aim for the creatures open maw. Drawing the beast's attention, Kura would swiftly reach for her belt, pulling out her katana. She would turn it toward the beast, piercing blue eyes locking with the Wyverns. The sword in her grip would alight with her blue flame. "Try to avoid it's teeth, it's bite will poison you!" She called to the man, running forward and swiftly dodging the creature's snapping jaws to slash her blade toward's it's belly. Fire bursting forth from her blade in the form of a slash and hitting the creature.

WC: 549 TWC: 994 Tag: @Daiko

Stats
Wyvern HP :  175HP
- Kura's Foxfire : 15 DMG  + 20% (25 DMG)
- Kura's Sword Attack : 5 DMG + 20% (6 DMG)
Wyvern New HP : 144 HP

Last edited by Daisuke on Mon May 10, 2021 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daisuke
Daisuke

VylderGold : 8206

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN] Empty Re: Gotta Get Back, Back To The Pa- I mean Pegasus [OPEN]

Post by Daiko Mon May 10, 2021 7:11 pm

Pft, why the shit was it so tough?! His headlock did absolutely nothing to its violent thrashing, succeeding in smashing Daiko through a couple thorned bushes which left scars all over his back. A painful strike to endure, but Daiko clenched his teeth like a madman, finding comfort in his ability to heal from such minor injuries. Soon, the wyvern would probably run out of breath, and he would have gotten away from it when that time came. He could’ve easily slaughtered it – or so, he genuinely believed – but dragon meat wasn’t really that tasty… not many reptilians made good dishes.

Holy shit, those thorns pricked his back quite deep. Hello, Magic? T-Takeover? Patch him up already, while he could still focus! He found it an eternal blessing to have a literal Phoenix as a source of power, but it was redundant if he couldn’t heal any faster than this!

What the- there was someone else here! He had to warn them, but he was taken aback by him being warned instead – as the wyvern switched its attention towards her, Daiko got to gaze at the nigh regality of the snow-haired, sapphire-eyed- were those her ears?

“Oh, hey there- ouww, ouw ouw, shit, my back is on fire…” he groaned in pain, realizing that thorns were still jammed into his back. Couldn’t he just propel them off with jets of fire? Gee, get your head in the game, Daiko…

Nothing was happening. Nothing was coming out of his back; no wings of fire, no propelling flames, nothing! He could still feel mana emerge, but his spell – the classic fire wing spell that he had spent months mastering wasn’t being cast! In shock, his skin began to vapor with sweat, not knowing what to do when his spells refused to unleash; even flinging his arm wouldn’t even conjure a simple wave of fire, and his skin wasn’t changing into the vermillion plumage that he was so used to.

“What’s going on with you today, Daiko!?” he almost screamed in frustration, aching as his back grew wearier from the thorns that he couldn’t reach. A moment, however, just a brief moment of light touching his skin made him breathe out in relief… but that moment was cut in two as he looked over at the lady with tall, fluffy ears and tails, the one who had really manifested the bright fires. She was still fighting the wyvern, so he instinctively thrusted his fists straight forward towards it, but nothing came out of them. No blazes, no orbs of fire, no darts of fire, no wings of fire, no swords of fire, no shields of fire, nothing and nothing at all…

“…” His clenched fists began to shiver. Those proud fists of his which he used to excel in combat across South Fiore were shaking in front of a beast of a meager size as that wyvern was. It noticed this, but the wyvern had to recover from Kura’s previous slash first. That was when he panicked a little, not wanting to let her fight it alone.

“T-This way…!” he called for her before charging over to the west direction of the forest. Fuck, Shahrbaraz would’ve smacked him into next weekend if he saw an ex-Lamia member like Daiko run away from a beast… but Daiko had to fathom the absence of his Magic in its entirety before taking any reckless decisions. Technically, though, the panicking and running was reckless too… and he kept looking back, his eyes filled with fear as he looked for the fluffy-eared guardian who warned him in time.

WC: 604
TWC: 1598
Daiko
Daiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke Mon May 10, 2021 10:43 pm

Rowan

Lately, I've been, I've been thinking , I want you to be happier, I want you to be
Kura Tsunedari

Watching her foxflire striking the Wyvern across the chest and seeing just how little damage she did to the creature. It quickly pulled into perspective how little she had thought this through, looking up at the monumental beast that had grown visibly angrier at the appearance of the fox, Kura felt fear rippling through her, attempting to hinder her movement.

“T-This way…!” She would turn her head spotting the boy moving into the forest, she realised that he had let go and was escaping. She took a sharp breathe of relief, before releasing three more balls of fire. The flames would dash forward to the creatures head, clinging to it's face and burning its eyes -  blinding it for the moment. Without wasting another second, she turned and ran in the direction the boy had indicated. Sprinting as fast she possibly could, it wasn't long before she caught up to him. It wasn't much good though, her flames would damage the beast, but it had an incredible sense of smell. They not only needed to create as much distance as possible, but they needed to cover their scent too. At least long enough for the monster to lose interest in them and return to it's nest.

Kura inhaled deeply through her nose, trying to make out what she could about the area around her. They were, unfortunately running in the opposite direction of the stream. But there was something else in the distance, perhaps something better. Without a word, she grabbed the guys arm, and pulled him along, veering slightly south. Feet pounding the forest floor, all the while her heart was racing from both the exertion and fear, eyes watering from the feel of the air whipping against her face. Nearly there... almost.

She curled around a tree, stopping suddenly, "Sorry," She called out simply, before using the movement of their running to yank the boy forward before letting him go. Then pushing out with her palms she would shove him forward toward the swamp that lay before them. Taking a deep breath, she leapt in after him, emerging herself fully into the sludgy water. Eyes squeezed shut, she would stay under the water's surface for as long as she could before allowing her head to break the surface, taking a gulp of air. Her snowy locks and pale features now entirely coated in the greenish brown sludge of the swamp. It stunk so bad, the stency of stale water and dirt, but this at the very least would hide them from the Wyvern.

WC: 425 TWC: 2023 Tag: @Daiko

Daisuke
Daisuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiko Wed May 12, 2021 5:57 pm

Damn, she was fast enough to catch up to him, even after he had a head-start. Thank goodness, nothing happened to her- wait, she was using Magic before! Those blue flames were from her! Why can she use Magic, but he can’t? What was this dumb discrimination against him?!

Urrghh, it was too much to think about during the run. All he had to focus on right now was to make some distance from the monstrous drake… maybe she could help him with whatever was keeping his own Magic at bay. She… she looked like she could be from a Mage’s Guild, but he had never heard of a human mage with ears like those… they looked like wolf ears.

“*huff* U-Uhm, thank you,” he showed words of gratitude towards her for having saved his life as they were charging through the woods, “Listen, I’m- I possess Magic myself! More than… t-than the nothing you saw back there! Please believe me! I can’t just lose all my Magic like that- I-I spent years training and all, it can’t all go to waste…!” Panicking and worrying that his Magic might’ve disappeared for unknown reasons, he beckoned to receive none than a few words or reaction of acknowledgement in the fact that he was still a powerful Mage… even if his Magic decided to just not work today. Maybe it’d return tomorrow, Daiko, just chill…

At least, Coda was calm… wait…

WHERE WAS CODA?!?!?!?!?

That thought jabbed him in the side of his head while the white wolfie was leading him somewhere. “Wait, where’s my Cod-“ he asked out in a panic, suddenly having to deal with being swung forward by the girl for some reason. Said reason made itself known when she pushed him straight into a sludgy swamp where the world turned pitch-black for a brief moment.

… Just what in the world was he going through right now? Why was his Magic legit absent? Where was he? Who brought him here? When? Why was he here? How was he going to come back to Port Hargeon and Blue Pegasus? Alisa and Sofia were probably sick and worried about his wellbeing. And where was Coda? Had she sought refuge in the higher skies? Had the wyvern followed her instead?

So many questions ran through his skull while he was submerged under the swamp’s waters. At one point, he emerged with mud and algae coating his face along with a random creature stuck in his mouth. His mood had dropped tremendously, and he simply spat the cricket or whatever back into the water again before glaring at the white wolfie like the lost soul he was.

“… I have so many questions right now… tell me, am I dead? Is this the other world where Magic doesn’t exist and you’re just breaking that rule whenever you see fit?”

WC: 477
TWC: 2500
Daiko
Daiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke Sat May 15, 2021 4:37 pm

Rowan

Kura Tsunedari

Peering into the trees through her sludge coating eyelids, Kura watched the distance for movement. A moment would pass and she could hear the Wyvern's snarl in the distance, moving further away meaning that it has lost them. That was good. she allowed her head to poke out move, turning in the swamp to face the equally sludgy man. Kura could not help but feel pity for him, from what it sounded like, he wasn't from here. Not even this world, that had to be tough.

"No um... we have magic here." She answered softly, "My magic I inherited from my family. I am a Kitsune, and I use fox fire." She considered showing him the flame again but decided against anything that might lure the Wyvern in their direction.

"I think it's ... um...because you are not from here, like ..." She fumbled over her words, unsure of how to explain to him. Being in a pond in a stranger felt so bizarre, and she was alone with a man too. Heat flushed to the Kistune's cheeks and she would turn, swimming to the swamps edge and fiddling with the grass along the bank. "It's like... a song. A pretty melody and um... someone comes in and their beats aren't in sync. So it sounds off and doesn't work, but... o-once you're in sync it makes a really pretty sound." Kura didn't meet the boy's gaze, instead staring at the grass like it the was most fascinating thing in the world. It was a silly explanation, she didn't even know if it made sense. But she didn't know how to explain it, he probably thought she was a weirdo.

WC: 280 TWC: 2780 Tag: @Daiko  

Daisuke
Daisuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiko Wed May 19, 2021 9:11 pm

We have magic here.

So this was Fiore? Or was he somewhere in another country? Either way, people used Magic here, so… why wasn’t he able to channel his? Could she help him, perhaps? Mages were able to sense each other’s mana, and he could sense lots of mana around him and Kura. When she revealed that she possessed Magic passed down by her family, his eyes widened in admiration at the mention of the element being fire. “Foxfire? Foxes make fires, too? I thought only Dragons and Phoenix did… and maybe some Salamanders and Griffins… I-I use Phoenix Fire!” he exhibited by slamming a wide-opened hand on his chest in a beckon to make her believe him, “I don’t know how to show you, b-but I can channel the Phoenix’s power… y’know, through my body, growing wings and scales and powerful heat.”

In this state, the best he could muster was a flailing of his arms to symbolize him flying. It did cause ropes of mud to splatter in both directions, ridding itself from the touch of his green jacket.

When she was going to add her explanation to the strange phenomenon that haunted him, Daiko’s ears were perked up like a dog’s. The first part didn’t sit well with him – since when did foreignism affect one’s Magic? He’d been… he’d… oh…

Now that he thought about it, he had never left the borders of Fiore. Not even once. Was this repercussion for having isolated himself for so long?!

“U-Uhh…” he stuttered, his face sweating and his fingers twitching and poking each other in an attempt to recollect himself. However, her next part sent some hope to him; she believed that he was, in a way, out of sync with this place…

While he had no fucking clue what she meant by that, it was at least an explanation brought to him by her best efforts. But he had to ask for more, in which he pushed himself through the sludgy waters and approached her before clapping both his hands together and lowering his head.

“P-Please, I’m not really sure what you mean by being out of sync… I… w-what exactly do you mean by that? Am I not breathing correctly? Or is my heartbeat off? Please, tell me…!” While ticking about these thoughts, Coda finally arrived from the treetops; her vermillion wings grazed down through the air and allowed her talons to claim Daiko’s shoulder as a perch, where she could peck his skull like a woodpecker, “Please, I need help… I gotta go back to Port Hargeon! Y-You know, the town in Fiore? Is this, like, another country? Have you heard of Fiore before, or of Blue Pegasus-” He was being unfair, really, dumping all these questions at her without knowing her level of intel on what was clearly random rubbish to a typical citizen of Vyldermire.

“Urrgghhh… I don’t even know what to do. I have so many questions…”

WC: 493
TWC: 3273
Daiko
Daiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke Wed May 19, 2021 10:03 pm

Rowan

Kura Tsunedari

Her sky blue eyes peeked up at him as he explained, nodded as she took in his words. So he could use fire too, at least before he came to Vyldermire. It must have been awful, to be able to wield such amazing magic only to suddenly find yourself stripped to no abilities at all. Kura felt sorry for the guy, forgetting momentarily about her own goal of pursuing her Brother and wondering how she could help the man. "We have Phoenix's here too, they belong to the Avian species."  She told him, hoping this provided some reassurance. It was clear he hadn't arrived in this world in the most pleasant manner, and all of the unfamiliarity was causing him to panic - all Kura could do was try to reassure him.

He would move toward her, clapping his hands together so suddenly that Kura jumped slightly, emitted a small squeak of surprise. Her eyes widening as he began to plead with her for a more thorough explanation, rambling questions at her with such fervency that the girl could only stare. During his ramblings the bird that had been with him earlier would rejoin him, landing on his shoulder and pecking at his head. It was clear he was really out of sorts, with an expression of pity, Kura would nod.

"I-I will do my best to explain. She reassured him, "There is no Fiore, or Port Hargeon. N-not as far as I know. I believe this is a different realm from yours entirely, it's called Vyldermire. And right now, you are in Hoptus forest. Um, by out of sync, I mean that... you aren't naturally from this world, so it's not used to your energy. But I think it gets easier with time, I don't know much about Otherworlders but... I think the earth has to adapt to you being here. And, um, then I think it should stop blocking your magic."

WC: 323 TWC: 3596 Tag: @Daiko  

Daisuke
Daisuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiko Sun May 23, 2021 12:50 pm

Okay, wow, he needed a moment to take this in…

She had no knowledge of Fiore… in fact, she informed him that there was no Fiore… what… what was she talking about? Fiore was a country, pretty big and difficult to miss. Sure, he could understand if she didn’t know about one of the cities in the country, but the fact that she started out with ‘there is no Fiore’ just… terrified him. What did she mean by that?

Had he travelled back in time? Back to before the rise of the kingdom? It sounded like a solid guess, until she continued explaining the realm that he stood on and its name… a name that he had never heard before. Vyldermire…

“Vylder… Vyldermire? What, Vyldermire? But… no, no, no, this is insane, how did I even…” he began to lightly panic, grabbing Coda’s body and pressing her face up onto his own with bloodshot eyes, “… I’ve never tried going to another world before. I-I don’t even know how that’s possible! It all feels too real to be a fever dream…”

Taking a glance at his dirtied hands, Daiko got to put some puzzle pieces together; this was some other world beyond the one where he came from, the world containing Fiore and the other kingdoms. How he got here, though… maybe… maybe someone sent him here! Against his will, no doubt!

“This… this must be some kind of trap! Yes, I must’ve been sent here by someone! Darn it all…!” he groaned angrily during his ascent to the muddy shore to rid himself of the sludgy wetness clinging onto his legs, “So, what, am I just going to stay here?! Forget that; my friends could be in danger or something! Maybe this is a trap and I was sent here to be imprisoned or something…!” He grabbed onto nearby bark of a mangrove tree, clenching his fingers so hard that some of the bark cracked off. With pieces of the bark in his grasp, he sniffed them a few times before turning his gaze back to the white wolfie girl.

“I need to go back to that random ruin! Maybe there’s a portal still open there… but that stupid wyvern is still messing about. Urrrghh, if I could just use my Magic, then that wyvern would be history by now… I don’t think I can wait for this world to just get used to my Magic! What am I supposed to do, then?”

Coda’s sharp beak drilled onto his skull once more, clearing his mind with tough love as per usual. Regaining his senses, Daiko cupped his chin and managed to calm down a little.

“… Then again, I’m starting to get cold… hold up, you mentioned that there were Phoenixes here? Right? Are they nearby?! Maybe, if I see one, then my Magic would respond to some, uh, sync-like stuff and relation and all-“

*ROOOOOOOOOOSH*

The woods further away began to shake a little, and a flock of birds soared upwards about a good mile away. “*gulp* U-Uhh… y-you lead the way, miss… just, anywhere other than here… m-my name is Daiko, by the way; my feathery friend is Coda.”

WC: 532
TWC: 4128
Daiko
Daiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke Sun May 23, 2021 7:49 pm

Rowan

Kura Tsunedari

Kura could only watch quietly as the man babbled in conversation, her words had done little to comfort him. Listening and waiting as he talked himself through the motions, he sure did have a lot to say. Kura on the other hand had no words, she didn't know what else she could do to comfort. She would move out of the sludgy water, making her way onto the bank. She was sure that the Wyvern would have lost interest in them by now, considering that their scent had been masked completely. Even she could not longer sniff out the human chatting away to her and he was standing right in front of her.

When he would finally settle down enough to introduce himself, Kura would bow her head politely. "I am Kura Tsunedari," She told him, before straightening up once more. She would turn, taking it upon herself to lead the way for him and Coda. "We, um, we should probably head to Engloria. Although I don't know if we'll find many Phoenixes there, Anthros live all over the place, but this particular part of the region is mostly inhabited by humans. If we head east, however, the chances of running into one will increase significantly. Especially if we go to Miriad." She informed him, keeping her eyes trained on the path ahead.

Her expression would become one of conflicting, as much as she wanted to help this stranger, she also knew that she needed to get back on track with the hunt for her brother. Who knew just what direction Hikari had moved in, if she didn't move soon, he would surely only increase the distance between them. But then again, the dark-haired male accompanying her seemed just so... helpless. Could she really abandon him?

"There is also Rivengate, from my understanding, Otherworlders who land through the portal normally end up there. They ... might be able to give you some answers on how to get home. Better than I could anyway..."

WC: 333  TWC: 4461 Tag: @Daiko  

Daisuke
Daisuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiko Mon May 24, 2021 3:55 pm

Oh, what a strange name… yup, befitting of a girl from another world. Her name didn’t sound Fiorian at all, but it also didn’t sound like belonging to any other culture beyond the borders of his home country either. Her bow was met with a quick descent of Daiko’s head into a straight-backed bow in response, with Coda walking across his horizontal back.

She then suggested that they made their way to a place called Engloria… aaand he was lost again. Engloria? He did perk his ears up at the mention of Phoenixes, but Engloria didn’t sound like the place to find them. He was eager to meet actual, physically outside-of-his-body Phoenixes, and he was sure that encountering one would, perhaps, in one mysterious way or another, reawaken his Takeover Magic. Because thinking about it let it make sense; this world, according to the helpful Kura, needed to get used to him being here, and associating him with its naturally existing Phoenixes would make that job far easier, right?

So Miriad was written down in his memory… but he couldn’t go there immediately. No, no, no, remember what just happened! He was about to lose his life to a wyvern! A wyvern! The guy who solo’d golems, barbarians, minotaurs and basilisks almost got ended by a stinking lizard!!!

If he wanted to up his procession towards a portal or a means of returning to Fiore, then he needed to reawaken his previous powers. He thought of all of this all the while following the white wolfie’s trail through the woods that would, hopefully, lead him to civilization. She mentioned that other Otherworlders – possibly the term used to describe people like him, indicating that he wasn’t the only one to end up in another, strange world without warning – would often seek the place called Rivengate, so that place should also be visited by him in the future.

Mark his words, whoever sent him here against his will would pay for driving him away from his duties in Blue Pegasus… but right now, he needed to have a good foothold, or he would end up getting himself killed never to return again…

“I think I’ll… try and visit Rivengate. Figure out more from other ‘Otherworlders’… t-that’s the term, correct?” he decided out loud, “As long as I can find a map of this land somewhere… hey, what exactly is ‘Anthros’? Are Phoenixes called that here?” He might’ve heard wrong, or he might’ve misinterpreted her sentence, but if they called Phoenixes just that, ‘Phoenixes’, then what was the meaning of the unheard word ‘Anthros’?

“Guess we’ll be stuck here for a little while longer, Coda… C-Coda?” he turned his face to talk to the companion of his who was soaring right next to him a moment ago. Unsurprisingly, the avian fellow had decided to glide right next to Kura during their advance and rub her beak over the white wolfie girl’s face and hair. Just… no matter the world or time, Coda always put all her attention on cute girls and ignored her falconer like the bratty gal she was.

“C-Coda, c’mon! Would you stop flirting with every woman you see?!” he commanded her, his face flaring up without the characteristic flame crown that his hair used to turn into during moments of strong, emotional outbursts.

WC: 553
TWC: 5014
Daiko
Daiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke Tue May 25, 2021 6:39 pm

Rowan

Kura Tsunedari

As she lead him, Kura would try her best to wipe away the remnants of sludgey water from her body, breaking off large leaf that she new was non-toxic and using it like a makeshift hand towel. She would need to have a hot shower when she got to Engloria, fortunately she knew a place she could go. But that would depend on Daiko~

She would nod as he asked her to confirm the term for his kind, however as he asked about Anthros she would glanced down towards the ground. Trying to figure out how best to describe an entire species, not the easiest feat to the achieve on the spot. "Um so, you know how... you look like a human. Well we have humans here, and then we have Anthros, like me. We look humans but we have animal like overlaps. Like I am a Kitsune, a fox in a manner of speaking. But not like normal foxes, I- er... it's ..." She lost track of what she was trying to say, confused by her own weird way of wording things, she would flush pink. The bright blues of her eyes locked keenly on the grassy plains of the forest floor, her face an expression of anxious uncertainty.

"Um, yeah, Phoenixes belong to the Anthros race, but they are also called Avians." She deferred, settling on his latter question instead as it was easier to work out an answer for. As his bird flew over to her, Kura flinched for a moment, before realising that it was being friendly. The soft rubbing of it's beak on her cheek causing her to calm down, her eyes softening and a gentle smile appearing on her face. She would reach up, running a soft finger over the animals plumage. Giggling as Daiko scalded the bird for it's friendliness.

WC: 306  TWC: 5320 Tag: @Daiko  

Daisuke
Daisuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiko Wed May 26, 2021 5:31 pm

… He does know how he looks like a human. And this strange, strange world did appear to have humans too, just like the world where he came from. Nice… but the Anthros looked like humans too, with the difference being their quote on quote ‘animal-like overlaps’. Did she mean that they were like… like… like Ray? Werewolfie guy? There were other half-human half-animal people like him, like, a whole race?

That was too good to be true! Daiko wanted to meet more of them already- but… no, no, no, don’t get carried away, boy! You don’t belong here! Right now, he should prioritize finding a way back to his world, and that was what he set his eyes on.

“… Oh, I thought you were a half-wolfie – like my friend Ray,” Daiko expressed in mild surprise to hear that the helpful snowflake was a kitsune – so, to speak, a foxie instead of a wolfie… close enough, but still a notable difference. “Then again… his tail isn’t as puffy as yours. At least not when it’s out, hmpf…”

Noticing Coda nudge the fluffiness of Kura’s tails did draw his attention towards them. Yeah, Ray even only had one tail. One. She had freaking… uhh, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven…

To count the rest, Daiko moved around Kura while she noted that Phoenixes too belonged under the term ‘Anthros’, perhaps indicating that his being a Phoenix Mage, in one way or another, made him an Anthros like them… or something, he didn’t know, he was too busy counting-

Eight… and nine! Nine tails, by Illumin’s might…

“W-Wait, how can you move so swiftly with nine tails? That must be so difficult, I bet they’re a pain to balance out and stuff…!” he questioned her with sparkles darting out of his pupils, his fists clenched in intrigue and his face riiiiiiiight in front of hers, completely bypassing the signs of her embarrassment for the sake of his own sense of awe, “Ray only got one, so I get how he uses it for balance when he sprints, b-but how do you manage to balance yourself with so many?”

*Croooooooooaaaaaak* *Crooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaak*

Despite a while away from the swamp, a certain amphibian species with wings did occur in these parts of Hoptus Forest and rested about. They were glued to the treetops and branches, minding their own business with a few eyes glued to the two disturbers of their peace. They weren’t close enough, so they didn’t bother moving or anything, but Coda had noticed them… and she was getting a little hungry…

WC: 431
TWC: 5751
Daiko
Daiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke Wed May 26, 2021 8:01 pm

Rowan

Kura Tsunedari

Kura blinked in surprise, he thought she was a wolf? Did he mean like an Inu? Surely he couldn't have been referring to a Werewolf? Not that Kura had ever met a werewolf, but she had heard things; tales of violence. She had hoped that it was perhaps a misconception, tall tales with little residence in the truth. Kura didn't want to believe that Eldritch were bad, but there was a sense of distrust in their race. Ever since the 'fall' of Hikari, and the sight she had witnessed when he had become the Demon Fox had done a great deal of damage in her estimation of their kind. But she was also making a conscious effort to try and understand her brother's change, which meant trying to understand Eldritch too.

Kura would glance back at her tails, shaking them for a moment as a means to flick the mildew off them. Revealing the snow-white fur more visible now. She would giggle as Coda nudged one of them, moving the tail out of range to stop the tickling sensation. Kura stopped suddenly, watching Daiko with a confused gaze as he moved around at her. "Um... Dai-Daiko... what are you doing?" She asked nervously, leaning back as he suddenly stopped in front of her, his face moving in close. If Kura's face had been pink before, it was positively beetroot before. She would reach up suddenly, lifting her hood over her head and pulling it down over her face. Doing her best to cover her embarrassed expression.

"I-I-I'm just used to it, I guess. They aren't that ...um... heavy." She mumbled quietly, eyes drawn to the ground, keeping the hood over her face.

WC: 281  TWC: 6032 Tag: @Daiko  

Daisuke
Daisuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiko Wed May 26, 2021 9:58 pm

Huh… what was she being all timid about? He was just curious, n-no reason to hide herself under her hood. Oh well, she did answer his question and left him in more awe than before; they weren’t heavy to carry for her! Maybe her tails were as light as the wings of a bird, which allowed them to soar and propel their bodies upwards. Although, foxes didn’t fly…

Or did they?

Or was she just very fit? She did appear to have had those tails for, well, her entire life – he didn’t exactly know that much about kitsune anatomy, but they were born with tails, right? There, he got his explanation! It was made too clear to him, and yet… not knowing how light they were bugged his curious mind.

Therefore, without warning – he should’ve gotten a clue by now that she wouldn’t take it well – he kneeled down and cupped one of her snow-white tails with both hands as if doing a check-up as her local doctor. His eyes widened at their surprising fluffiness, the comfort they smeared over his palms as he slowly glid them over the soft, slightly sticky fur. “T-They’re so light! Like bird wings… then it’s no wonder that you can carry them around all the time! And here I was thinking that they gave you back aches or something…”

*Squeeeeeeal*

Coda’s shriek was random but characteristic of a bird of prey. She was on the hunt for something up in the treetops, much to Daiko’s surprise as he could’ve sworn he had fed her… like… oh shit…

“C-Coda! What’s gotten into you?!” he worryingly called up to his raptor, watching as her vermillion plumage disappeared up in the thick, green tree crown. A few blades of leaves trickled down the air to the dark ground, but after a few moments of sudden silence, a ball of some gooey liquid came falling down from the crown and splashed on the muddy floor, immediately causing vapor to emerge akin to burning acid eating away wood. Coda descended with messed feathers, panicking and hugging Daiko’s entire face as she had been on the run from… urgh, h-he couldn’t see…

“C-Coda, wait, what happened-“ Daiko asked his birdy companion as he rose up on his feet again – the wild hug from the bird had toppled him down to the muddy ground – and moved the raptor away from his face, so that he could see the squirrel-sized green frog salamander dragon snail diving down at them.

“W-WHAT ON EARTHLAND IS THAT?!?!?!!”

WC: 423
TWC: 6174

Last edited by Daiko on Mon May 31, 2021 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daiko
Daiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke Sun May 30, 2021 7:45 pm

Rowan

Kura Tsunedari

Kura's unfamiliarity with the company of men would show, as a girl who had spent the entirety of her life with the promise of permanent celibacy and abstinence from dating she wasn't used to this at all. The only men she had ever spent time alone with were family, and when the path of Shrine Maiden had been the only path she had intended to take, then she wouldn't have even remained in Daiko's company until another woman was present. But things were different now, she was no longer going to be a Shrine Maiden. That path had crumbled the moment Hikari had fallen from grace, embracing the demon's path.

The moment, Kura felt Daiko palming one of her tails, her face would undergo a colour change not dissimilar to that of a thermometer's temperature rising rapidly. An intense red flush rising through her, the manner in which he glided his grip over her fur would cause her to squeak. Covering her mouth as she trembled in bafflement - Daiko was just so brazen!

Fortunately for Kura, she would be offered a reprieve from Daiko's inappropriate touching when Coda suddenly shrieked above them. She peered upwards toward the sky, watching as Daiko's companion dove into the treetops. Azure eyes would widen at the sight of the spit globular would rain down from the tree. Coda would fly toward Daiko, meanwhile, Kura would draw her sword. Just as she suspected, a Glubuana would come flying down from the tops of the trees, its sights set on them. Kura would watch its path, preparing herself for another spitball, waiting until the last moment to jump out of the away and slice her sword toward the creature as she turned her body. The magical fire from her blade slicing its side, "It's a Glubuana, watch out for its spit."

WC: 306  TWC: 6761 Tag: @Daiko  

Monster Info
Glubuana's HP - 20 HP (-5HP from Kura's attack, Remaining 15HP)
Kura's Attack = 5 HP

Daisuke
Daisuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiko Mon May 31, 2021 5:20 pm

What in the hell was a Glubuana? Actually, he saw the answer to that question right in front of him, so he wouldn’t bother Kura with asking straight away; she had been quick in raising her dukes and drawing her sword against the diving amphi-whackawhat-

Urrrghhh, he wanted to help too! It was way smaller than a wyvern, but he was warned to avoid its spit… probably poisonous or acidic. It probably wasn’t edible, either… then he didn’t want to kill it! If there was no gain in it, why bother?!

“U-Uhh… okay, okay, hold on for a moment,” he warned Kura before approaching the injured Glubuana, “… It doesn’t look that scary up close. Wait, I think I got something…” Since he was quite the animal person, Daiko figured that he could come to terms with a new, wild animal like the Glubuana – therefore, he stuck a hand down his pocket to fish up dry meat… but he had run out sometime before this new world presented itself to him. Darn…

“C’mon, c’mon, nooo… it must be here, somewhere… can’t believe I ran out, this is the worst time to run out of food…” he mumbled in panic, fiddling his hands into his freaking pants to try and find something. The Glubuana was getting weary and kept up its guard, then decided to throw him off guard with another ball of acidic mucus gathering in its maw-

*CRASH!*

Coda would have none of that and tackled right into the Glubuana’s side, rolling it around the muddy floor before flailing her wings as she tried to pull the frog bat off the ground in a violent brawl. “Coda!!!” Daiko screamed in shock, “No, be careful! You can’t use your Magic, can you?!”

Given by the lack of gusts sharper than swords, it seemed to be the case for the raptor as well. The Glubuana was slowly gaining the upper hand, and at one point, it pinned Coda down and prepared another mucus in its mouth. Daiko’s eyes were bloodshot red, a sudden trigger kicking in like thunder.

And he caught the Glubuana off guard with a heavy kick, releasing it from Coda’s body. The Glubuana caught its foothold again, pushed to a point where it was hellbent on attacking the intruders, and Daiko was hellbent on taking its life, shown by the dark-yellow dust that leaked down from his gritting teeth.

WC: 401
TWC: 6575

Monster Info:
Glubuana's HP: 15 HP - 2 HP - 10 HP (Deadly Mucus) = 3 HP
Daiko's Melee = 2 HP

Spell Used:
Spell Name: Deadly Mucus
Spell Rank: First Tier
Type: Offensive
Style: Single Hit
MP Cost: 5 MP
DMG: 10 DMG
Speed: 10 MPS
Range: 10 Metres
Duration: 3 Posts
Description: Daiko releases a splash of dark-yellow liquids from his maw to hit and corrode the target with.
Daiko
Daiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:03 pm

Rowan

Kura Tsunedari

Kura would glance sideways at Daiko as her advised her to wait. Not entirely sure what it was that he was trying to do, but willing to listen to him regardless. Whilst she did maintain a better understanding of this world and its creatures, she was rarely the one to refuse someone's request. She would just nod, keeping a wary eye on the creature in case it attempted to spit at either of them again.

It seemed that Daiko was rummaging through his pockets for something, displaying the reaction of someone who had lost something. He mentioned food, and Kura realised what it was trying to do. If only that could have worked...

The creature prepared any ball of acid to launch his way, however before it could, Coda would slam into the monster. Scrapping with the frog-like beasts ferociously, all the while Kura moved around the pair, trying to find an opening that would result in accidentally harming Daiko's bird.  There didn't seem to be one though, Kura watched with panicked eyes as the monster got the upper hand preparing an attack. Suddenly Daiko would move forward, kicking the creature off of the bird and turning its attention back to Daiko. Kura would take side of the melted flesh of the Glubuana's body, and the yellow liquid that seeped from Daiko's mouth. Was this some kind of magical ability? Hadn't Daiko said that he used fire?

There was no time to think, rushing forward, Kura would raise her katana over her head and bring it slashing down across the creatures back. The final blow required to kill the creature, she would look over at Daiko, gaze uncertain as she eyed him.

"D-Daiko....?"

WC: 283  TWC: 6858 Tag: @Daiko  

Monster Info
Glubuana's HP - 3 HP (-5HP from Kura's attack, Remaining 0HP = Dead Glubuana)
Kura's Attack = 5 HP

Daisuke
Daisuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiko Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:45 pm

Damn it… damn all of this!!!

He couldn’t protect Coda like this forever! At one point, at one accursed point, they’d meet their match, handicapped by this dumb world’s aura – when was he going to retrieve his Magic again?!? If Coda got hurt because he couldn’t… b-because he couldn’t protect her… his dear C-Coda…

Seeing Kura’s blade end the little monster snapped him back to reality again, his eyes glowing white once more. While the strange tint of green discreetly faded from his skin, the yellow tint from his maw and fangs was still visible… at least to Kura. He, however, was at a loss for words for a few seconds, not really sure what to say. “… I-I- Coda!” he spoke up, aiming the attention towards his rustled companion who was shaking her wings a little on the dirty ground. He sprinted towards her in panic, starting to fear that what this world… V-Vyldermire, what Vyldermire did to her strength could have her end up scarred or fractured in her wings. Coda was such a stallion in Fiore, with wings strong enough to flap up wind beats and gusts sharp enough to cut through granite, but…

… O-Oh, thank god! She could still flap her wings! Daiko was so relieved that he gasped, then embraced his birdy but exhausted companion as tightly as possible. Tears of fear, relief, anxiety and assurance built up at the corners of his eyelids – not exactly a sight he wanted Kura to see…

After wiping the tears off with his sleeve, he rose up with Coda resting in his arms – the brawl had knocked her down a notch, but she was still chirping. She was his little chicken, just like always; ever since she hatched from the egg that his mother granted him all those years ago… little Coda…

“T-Thank you, Kura…” he thanked her, once more, for her aid in protecting Coda. He was so relieved that he wanted to hug her, but with Coda in his arms, all he could muster up was a straight, 90-degrees bow with Coda held to his chest. “M-Man, I owe you a lot, huh? W-Where exactly are we going, though?” His voice was still a little shaky, but he wanted to relieve himself and Coda by trying to sound jolly like before. “D-Do you have a cottage nearby? Me and Coda used to live in one for years…”

WC: 402
TWC: 6977
Daiko
Daiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:45 pm

Rowan

Kura Tsunedari

Kura would watch apprehensively as Daiko seemed to refocus, moving his attention to Coda and making sure the bird was okay. His eyes not longer that concerning bloodshot but white again, the green hue that coated his skin faded, although that worrisome yellow dust lingered for a moment. She would watch as he ran over to the bird, eyes softening as he embraced his pet with genuine love and concern. She felt bad about her own display of concern, but her Kitsune instincts had warned her to stay back, to be wary of the change he had momentarily undergone.

She would look away during his moment of emotional weakness, allowing him a moment of privacy. Not looking back until he addressed her, peering up with azure blue orbs. She would smile softly, before drawing her attention to Coda. The bird looked okay, a little worn out.

"Um... here, I can heal her." She moved forward, reaching out, she would gentle trail her fingers over the bird's feathers, after a moment, those blue flames would appear at her fingers. They would not burn the creature, but rather like with the gentle warmth of a caring touch would soothe any discomfort. After a moment, Kura pulled her hand away, allowing the flames to fade before turning away to ponder his question.

"Um... I don't but... I have... er... some friends who live nearby." She told him, moving along she would quickly set about making her way in the direction that would lead them out of Hoptus and toward Engloria. They would not be too far from the forest's edge now, ideal really, she would prefer not to run into any more dangerous creatures. Not wanting to deal with a repeat of what had just transpired.

"Er... if it's okay for me to ask... w-what's the name of your world?"

WC: 307  TWC: 7284 Tag: @Daiko  

Daisuke
Daisuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiko Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:56 pm

W-Wooooaaaaah… healing fire…

In times past, Daiko could manifest such a regenerating flame himself. It coated his every injury, replenishing it and returning it to full once more before the opponent could even stock up damage on him. It was a huge advantage during open combat as he had little to fear for himself and could afford to be extra reckless for the sake of his mates. Seeing Kura manifest those flames intensified the realization that he didn’t have access to his previous Magic in full…

… Was she using the fire of a Phoenix too? Wait, then that would explain how she knew of them here! Maybe she had been granted this power or taught it by a Phoenix! It wasn’t relatable to Daiko who never even met one before, but it sounded reasonable… people from his realm could learn and adapt from other creatures to learn their Magic, the most famous examples being the presence of mythical Dragon Mages.

Coda chirped in delight at the fires touching her. Soon enough, she regained her vitality and flapped her wings violently, slapping Daiko’s face in the meantime. “P-Pss-Pt-Tah-W-Wha-C-Cod-da-S-Sto-Top-Po-Chee-Che-Chill!” he laughed whilst his face was being rearranged by the hyped raptor. Yup, she was in good spirits, alright…

Aww, guess she didn’t have a cottage here… wait, then what was her purp- good question, Daiko, you should ask her. It was great to hear that she had friends who lived nearby, but maybe… if she didn’t live here herself, then did he interrupt something like her hunt? Was she hunting for food? He could help her out with that; it would still be within his expertise-

Oh wait, he would have to first learn of the fauna around here… b-but once he had done that, he could definitely bring down any prey-

Oh wait, he would also have to check if his equipment was in good form… and he was scarce on anything, even the simple blowgun. He should carve one out with the knif-

Oh wait, he didn’t have his knife… t-then he would just have to borrow one!

Urrgghhh, this was so weird… as if starting all over again, from scratch.

“I-I thought you lived here? Hunting for food or secret fungi…” was a small comment he replied to her, nuzzling Coda’s beak with his free hand. She revealed to have been curious of the world where he came from and wanted to ask of its name, but… well, did she mean the country Fiore? Or Earthland? Earthland was, like, a continent or something – he didn’t know if it was the whole world… also, did the whole world have its own name?

“U-Uhhh, I don’t really think my world has a name other than… well, World. Earth, or Earthland… but Earthland is more like a continent. I’m from Fiore, a country inside that continent! A big, pretty country with ports across the seaside, large castles in the middle, lots of green wood up north and big, pretty lakes dotting everywhere! I can tell you a lot about the woods up north; I was born and grew up there! Worth Woodsea, my pride and joy!” He sent her a wide, sparkling grin of pride mentioning the woods where he came from, already able to relate the bark’s smell from around these woods to that of the homeland woodsea.

“There are many other names to know than just the world… uhh, the capital Crocus, Port Hargeon- Oh! Oh! And my guild, Blue Pegasus! Y-You know… uh… w-we’re, like, this fancy, famous guild full of powerful mages, including this black-haired pretty lady who can make crystal spears and trap you in spikes of gems! T-There’s also a member as pretty as her who can teleport and swing a sword of light around… a-actually, come to think of it, my guild does boast about being pretty in everything… hmmh! It’s difficult trying to look your best all the time- oh, what’s that?”

His attention was grabbed by a dangling fruit coming from a small tree next to them – the fruit had the form of a pear, but its skin was more like an orange in color and texture. It looked juicy at first sight… so Daiko pulled it straight off the branch and sniffed it. “… It smells weird. Is it edible?”

WC: 719
TWC: 7696
Daiko
Daiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:59 pm

Rowan

Kura Tsunedari

Kura smiled softly at the sight of the reinvigorated bird, pleased to see both Daiko and his companion in better spirits after the attack of the Glubuana. Kura would set about leading the way for the pair, guiding them through the familiar route of the forest. Kura's abilities to track were undeniable, it was why she was able to manoeuvre through the forest so purposefully. She didn't answer his question about where she lived, taking a moment to double-check the markings on a nearby oak tree. Before she could return to the subject they had already moved on to the topic of his own world.

It was fascinating, all the names of places she was unfamiliar with; Earthland, Fiore, Hargeon, Crocus and so on. She listening attentively, balancing the act of taking in his tale whilst navigating through the trees. He seemed very passionate about his home country, it was sweet. She felt the itch to help him, and the guilt over her own circumstance. Could she really spare the time to aid this man? Especially when the longer she took to get back on her mission, the more time Hikari had to fall deeper into his own pit of darkness.

She glanced back at him, spotting his hand on an orange fruit, "Yes, but it it rather unpleasant. Highly nutritious but very likely to induce vomiting, good for ridding oneself of ingested toxins." She told him in a matter of fact manner, it was perhaps of the few moments that Kura hadn't sounded nervous, although of course, that wouldn't last long. "You're home sounds... w-wonderful." She added, feeling she should say something about the information he had just divulged to her.

After moving through the forest for quite some time, the pair would finally reach the tree line.  Shortly after Kura located the long and windy path that led to the great city of  Engloria, For the pair they would not have to walk for too long before they reached the outskirts of one of the smaller towns that circled the capital city. “We are in Engloria now, West Engloria to be specific. My friends don’t live far from here.”  She informed him with a polite smile.

Now that they were in a safer area, her grip on her sword would relax. They could take it easy for a while, as long as they didn't accidentally cause any trouble with the locals. Kura would steer Daiko through the village until they came to a quaint little log house further into town. Moving up the steps, she would wander over to the front door, glancing back at Daiko briefly before reaching up to tap her knuckles against the wood gently. She would stand back, making sure that they could get a good view of her through the peephole installed in the middle of the door. A long moment would pass before they could hear movement on the other side, the clicking sound of several locks being undone.

The door would swing open and a woman would step out, “Kura, darling! It's so good to see you!" She would pull the kitsune into a sweet cuddle. She was a woman in her late fifties, dark hair tinted with strands of grey, gentle green eyes hugged by lines of laughter. Small in stature but a few inches taller than the girl she was embracing, wearing a floral frock and an apron covered in flour and what smelled like dough. The blissful scent of baked sweet treats wafting out of the door as soon as it opened, causing Kura's stomach to growl quietly. "Hello, Aunty. Sorry to barge in like this, my friend and I have had some ... t-trouble in the forest. I was hoping we could get washed up and perhaps something to eat." She would ask tentatively, the human woman pulled back, taking in a good look at the state of the mud-covered fox, a lot of it had either been wiped off with leaves or dried at this point, but she was still very much a mess. The woman would glance past Kura at Daiko and his bird, eyes widening in slight surprise but no hint of unpleasantness in her features. She would smile warmly at them, before returning her gaze to the fox girl.

"For you sweet girl, of course. Come in, come in. Let's get you all cleaned up, I have some stew I made earlier I can heat up for you." She replied, stepping to the side she would usher them all into the house before closing the door behind her. The inside of the home was the picture of cosy, littered from wall to wall with quaint little decorations. Checkered red and white curtains, oak floors, and fresh flowers. Kura visibly relaxed, she loved coming here, it always put her at ease during a long journey. The woman, with all the persistent sweetness of a grandmother, would nudge them over to a dining table. Sweeping away from them to fiddle around in the kitchen, it wasn't an especially large house, so she was still quite close to the pair as she did this. "So, what's your name darling? Kura's never brought a boy here before," She would direct the question at Daiko, plucking the lid off an especially large cooking pot and scooping up a wooden spoon on the side to stir the contents. All the while, Kura would once again return to that familiar shade of pink, staring hard at the patterned tablecloth beneath her.

WC: 921 TWC: 8617 Tag: @Daiko  

Daisuke
Daisuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiko Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:51 pm

Aww… wait, if the fruit in his hands induced vomiting, then it could help him against crocodile bellies! He often got that annoying affliction after trying out something new to eat, so if he ever felt like his belly was stopped, one of these puke fruits could do the trick and cleanse him. That way, he wouldn’t have to shove two fingers down his throat every time, which hurt and made his neck rash and coughy…

Therefore, his reaction to her warning of the fruit was: “Oooooh! In that case, I could make a juice out of this fruit…” He would store the fruit away in one of his leather pockets before trying to catch up to the white foxie again and hearing her compliment his description of Fiore, “T-Thanks! I wish I could show you all the places, but… u-uh, I guess I’d need to find another portal. The old one didn’t seem to work at all…”

What did this mean per tempura? What was meant was that the flow of time could’ve been affected by his entrance into this realm… maybe time was standing still in his home world, just like the effects of Arcs of Time! Or, or… maybe the worse was happening- maybe time was running so fast that everyone had already-

N-No! Everything was fine, everything was completely fine, Daiko! Stop panicking, time didn’t work like that! Maybe time just ran exactly as it did now… without change…

After clearing his head again, he noticed the clearing of the trees and the road leading towards a distant but huge, pristine and marble-white city resting across the hills. At last, they had approached civilization, reminiscent of Daiko’s first time exiting the woods of his home and witnessing the presence of other humans like him, walking to and fro with a social culture so different from his own.

It was… a strange feeling. As if he had turned back time, in a way. Even the way the road led to smaller settlements away from the big walls felt nostalgic. He was entering civilization again, after a long time of isolation… although, circumstances were far different from back when he was younger and far more inexperienced with even talking normally.

His eyes softly sparkled at the sight of the distant area which she proclaimed as West Engloria. The village near them had this cozy feeling to it despite its smaller size and less than flamboyant marble-ness in comparison to the white city in the distance. Hey, at least that big city made for a beautiful background scene…

But the log house was what struck most awe in him. “Ooooooooooooooooooh!!! What a huge cottage; it’s even bigger than mine…!” he expressed, running his hands over the wooden walls, frames and floor of the house while Kura approached the front door. When she glanced back, she would simply spot him spooning the log frame like a sloth, feeling quite at home already with the similarity to his own cottage back in Worth Woodsea.

The elder lady who greeted them looked so friendly; maybe it was the apron and the smile, or maybe it was her first action being such a lovely hug to the white foxie, but Daiko liked her already. And so did Coda, perching on the frame and cawing gently. Kura was right, too; they could need a snack and a bath… he even sniffed his armpits a couple times to check how bad it was. Safe to say, the smell of flour and cookie dough soothed his nostrils.

When the Auntie spotted him and Coda, he rose a hand and greeted: “Hey there! I mean; greetings! Thanks for the help, Auntie…!” Upon entering her house, his eyes widened a bit more at the amount of decorations hung up on the walls or resting on the frames of Auntie’s place, the air filled with aromas from her flowers and wood that already washed away a lot of Daiko’s frustrated pains from earlier still lingering under his skin.

Now, he found himself seated at the dining table alongside Kura, presumably awaiting stew and refreshments after their troubled meeting in Hoptus. Coda simply perched directly on the table, eyeing the Auntie and her dishes with inquiry behind her black pupils in the middle of her sharply yellow irises. “This place is so comfyyyyyyyyyyyy! I already feel much better…!” he expressed his relief, glancing over at Kura to expect a look of refreshment but finding her face pinked up just like before. She sure blushed an awful lot; was she sick or something?

“O-Oh, my name’s Daiko,” he answered Auntie’s question and saluted quickly for added effect, “I, uh… I think I’m lost, somehow? Still hard to put it all together…” Yeah, about that… he had to figure out so much; he had to find a way back to his home world, so he had to find a portal like the one he arrived in which, for some dumb reason, didn’t send him back! Plus, he would have to go to Rivengate and meet up with other, uh, Otherworlders… maybe this was normal? People from other worlds getting thrown in here… maybe he’d meet someone from his own world! Imagine if he met Alisa, or even Ray just waddling around…

Coda followed up with a slightly louder caw, eager to slurp up some food herself. “Oh, and mind telling me what you’re stewing up, Auntie? ‘Cause it smells frisky…!”

WC: 908
TWC: 9525
Daiko
Daiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:59 pm

Rowan

Kura Tsunedari

Coupled with the scent of baked goods, as the stew began to warm, the mouth-watering aroma of gravy broth, vegetables, beef and dumplings would fill the room. Kura inhaled deeply, smiling softly in content, the pressure of getting them to safety no longer on her shoulders. The woman smiled at Daiko's introduction, "Nice to meet you Daiko, I'm Clara, but you can keep calling me Auntie if you like." She told him warmly, before turning her gaze to the cooking pot. "Lost in Hoptus, you must not be local, whereabouts are you from?"

Kura glanced at Daiko before clearing her throat, "Daiko is an Otherworlder." She said quickly, Clara's stirring of the pot would visibly pause. Her eyes would remain steady on the stew for a moment, "I see." She commented simply, resting the spoon on the side of the pot. She would reach forward over the kitchen counter, glancing outside for a moment before drawing the curtains closed. Clara would make her way around the room, closing the curtains at each window before returning to the kitchen. She glanced at Daiko, her smile regaining its prior warmth, "Beef stew, I hope you're hungry!"

As the pot warmed up, she would grab two big bowls, and scoop them both a hearty portion. Moving over to the table and placing the bowls in front of them. "Is Aramon home?" Kura would ask before turning to Daiko to explain, "Aramon is Clara's husband and my second cousin." She informed him. Clara shook her head,  "Not yet, but he won't be long," She answered, placing a spoon in each of their bowls.  "Now dig in, I'll go run you a bath." With that she would stroll out of the room, leaving the two of them alone with their stew.

WC: 296 TWC: 9821
[Handed in as Apprentice Freeform -2000 words, new wc: 7821]

Tag: @Daiko  

Daisuke
Daisuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiko Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:30 pm

First, Daiko had never had an aunt before. His mother never disclosed any of her close relatives - not even his father – so… Auntie right here was now also his auntie. Yay! And the food, mhmmmm, it smelled good! It smelled like spiced meat and some kind of topping; much like the different kinds of accessories that Lee would put in the food while working in the kitchen. That alone assured the magician that it would be some plentiful spectacular of a dish, whatever Auntie was cooking up.

At the news from Kura, Auntie seemed… hmh, like something. She did stop her stirring and stood completely still, which… put him off. … W-What’s with the unease, now?, he thought with a tilted head, not understanding what went through her head as she even began drawing the curtains over.

Maybe there was… uh, something wrong? She still seemed pretty joyous and invited him to feast on the beef stew that she had just cooked up, which contrasted her drawing the curtains even though it was still bright outside. Was it an elder thing to do? Or was it a response to what Kura said?

… The food’s steam was hitting his nose hard. He had to munch – even though it was stew, him grabbing his spoon and slushing the stew into his mouth looked like munching. He was understandably hungry. “Mmmmmmm! Tastyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy~!” he almost whined in delight, “Coda, try some too!” He would hold up a spoonful of beef stew to his raptor fellow, who slurped some down her bird throat and cawed in joy as well. She liked it and made sure to show it with her spreading out her magnificent, vermillion wings, to which Daiko decided to let her dip her beak into the bowl occasionally.

“Auntie makes some nice, meat-tasting stew, Kura… wait, this Aramon guy is your second cousin? What does that mean? Is it, like, your second cousin that… you knew? Got to know? Or is it second as in… uhhh… s-second place? *slurp* Oh, or is it like a- waaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiit, aren’t cousins supposed to be around the same age?! O.O”

Even Coda was confused…

WC: 359
TWC: 10180
Daiko
Daiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum