Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Conondrum  WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» Buff Or Bluff *Angry Face* [Wes | Emi | Kiigan]
by Daiko Today at 10:22 am

» A Marvelous Night for a { Moondance }
by Emi Kazama Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:55 pm

» Blood on the Inn Floor | Emi & Kiigan
by Emi Kazama Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:43 pm

» ???? dandelion meadows, a small-town harvest moon rp
by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:55 am

» Character App. Submissions Thread
by Ueredu Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:00 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ██████████████ 28
ELDRITCH ███████████████ 30
GAIYANS █████████ 17
ANTHROS ███████ 14
HYBRID ███ 7
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this month
Ueredu
Conondrum  I_vote_lcapConondrum  I_voting_barConondrum  I_vote_rcap 
Kiigan
Emi Kazama
Iris
Kupo
Katsumi
Daiko
wes

Donations

Conondrum

Go down

Conondrum  Empty Conondrum

Post by Bertrand Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:34 pm

Bertrand kicked dirt and grim over the smouldering embers of the fire that faithfully kept him warm through the night and helped him prepare his meals. His breakfast consisted of old bread and dried beef that he roasted above the fire and a big cup of coffee. Everything packed, and the warrior was ready to depart his campsite. Bertrand moaned as he lifted his backpack from the ground and slung it over his shoulders. "I should have invested in a horse," he said begrudgingly. Instead of saving for a mount, Bertrand spends most of his income from questing into his cup. He even made his morning cup of coffee from this morning with a hefty dash of whiskey. 

The warrior bend over to pick up his apple from the ground that he had left there to eat as he walked to his destination. Bertrand used his sleeve to remove the dirt from the fruit and proceeded to sink his teeth into the juicy fruit. The adventurer took a quest to fight slimes in Hoptus forest. Two days in, no sight of any slimes yet. 

A couple of hours went by, and Bertrand found himself on T-split. He stopped and looked down both paths. He let out a sigh, "I guess it's early lunch." Bertrand took off his backpack and placed it against a tree. He looked for his plate, utensils, and his food. Cold sausage and stale bread. He did not make a fire this time. Something he often did not do for lunch, too much work and effort. Though, stale bread was a nuisance. As he ate, his eyes were fixated upon his two choices.

275/275
Bertrand
Bertrand

VylderGold : 514

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Conondrum  Empty Re: Conondrum

Post by Karimah Sun May 09, 2021 11:27 pm

Conondrum  Header

---

The skies were already alight with life when Karimah issued forth from the lamp. This quiet solitude suited her; she wanted to relocate to some other part of the land to expand on her understanding of this new way of life, and much of that required movement and involvement. To be stationary never helped anyone, but to be stationary did offer comfort and better access to an endless array of somewhat questionable books.

As she did not know where she would land, there was no haste to get to wherever she was headed. After walking past too many trees to count, she dared not take another step to the one tree closest to the path which another person occupied the space. He was shy of enjoying a meager and humble meal, but he seemed to be looking for a few things and taking a moment to decide.

Having seen this from a small distance, the decision to leave him in peace came to mind, and yet she supposed she needed to have a more general idea of where she would go. With that thought, the genie took the jump by asking him a very simple question, smiling with obvious uncertainty: “I see you are traveling,” she could have slapped herself for the weak start. “So am I,” she continued, “which leads me to my next point; do you know the quickest way out of here? Out of Hoptus, of course.”

Word Count; 240
made bycapt. meows
Karimah
Karimah

VylderGold : 53584

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abelios Tue May 25, 2021 3:42 am

Conondrum  X4zJMoO

Thump. The land of Hoptus shook as if experiencing a small earthquake. Rocks clattered, water rippled. Thump. The trees shook their branches angrily, as if to ward off whatever evil dared disturb them. Birds took off in their flocks as the threat drew near, calling out their warning cries to the rest of the forest’s inhabitants. Wheeling higher, they took off to find a safer place to find food. Thump.

Towering above the trees, several stories tall, was an unusual creature whose footsteps were shaking the earth. While Hoptus did tend to host rather odd beings from other worlds, this was the largest one to be warped from a portal in a long time. He dwarfed even the tallest of trees. If one were to look closely, they would see that the Otherworlder’s body was made of mixed types of stone. A dark blue slate made up most of its surface, dotted here and there with patches of red shale and red granite. It was humanoid, but with large stone spikes and spires coming from its head and shoulders. The torso and arms were thick, heavy with stone and strength. It was a colossal being, a stone titan from a world far beyond.

The titan let out an angry rumble, the deep sound carrying many miles away. He was in a sort of delirium caused by this world’s magic fighting against his own. Bit by bit his cognitive function was scattering, leaving him only able to form basic thoughts and little ability to focus. Currently, his mind was in destruction mode. The effort of maintaining this form against magical pressure caused him pain, and thus, anger. Anything that stood in his path was the subject of his wrath if prominent enough.

Following a human road for a while, the titan’s heavy steps warned of his presence long before he fully came into sight. The deer were spooked by the noise and were long gone before he stepped foot on the glen where they usually lay. Another grumble left the colossus’ stone mouth. He clenched and unclenched his giant fists, causing the sound of grinding stone to pierce the air. Food. Where was the food? He wanted to eat something, but couldn’t figure out through the brain fog how to do it. In the distance, he saw a fork in the path. Maybe taking a different one would lead him to food.

Post WC: 401 Thread WC: 401 Tagged:   @Karimah  @Bertrand     Music: Link  
Abelios
Abelios

VylderGold : 555

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertrand Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:44 am

Bertrand stopped chewing and looked over his shoulder. There was a stranger, a young woman with silvery hair. He swallowed his food.

"That's right," he said shortly and took the last bite from the sausage. He chewed for a moment before swallowing. He took up his bottle, was filled with excess coffee from the morning, and took a big gulp. It was cold and contained more whiskey than this morning.

"Want a sip?" he asked as he extended the metal container towards her. "I have been thinking. I am going to leave this dreaded forest too."

He began cleaning plates and utensils with a rag before he stowed them away in his bag. Bertrand rose to his feet. His back and neck made a knacking sound as he stretched himself. "it should be that path," said Bertrand as he pointed to the right path. "Wait, have you seen any slime by any chance?"

Suddenly a fox passed them, giving no heed to the humans. "That's odd." Foxes were nocturnal creatures and notably shy around humans. Then a boar rushed through the shrubs, leaving a trail of destruction behind. Bertrand followed the creature with his eyes until it disappeared from view.

"What's..." Bertrand was cut off by the earth-shaking, "that about." The earth shook again, followed by a sort of bellow. Bertrand's hand found the safety of his sword hilt. It was reassuring to know he had not forgotten it. That wouldn't have been the first time. Three deer darted past them. "I don't like this."

Then it came into sight, a golem of stone that towered above the canopy of the forest. "Fack that," exclaimed Bertrand as he hurried after the forest creatures.

280/555
Bertrand
Bertrand

VylderGold : 514

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abelios Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:51 pm

Conondrum  X4zJMoO

Heavy steps shook the earth, slowing as the giant stone creature neared the fork in the human road. Its stony eyes scanned the landscape from above the trees, looking for anything familiar or any signs of food. Boulders and stone outcroppings were scarce it seemed, so the titan was left hungry. Looking to the forest below, its gaze followed the movements of forest creatures as they fled. The animals were too swift to catch and eat, so it merely watched.

A fox ran past two taller creatures, drawing the aggravated one’s attention. Something about the forms standing on two feet tugged at the giant’s mind. They looked familiar, though not specifically so. The stone beast groaned as its consciousness stirred, the pounding pain increasing as it fought through the fog in its head. One of the upright beings had fled with the wild things, leaving just one. The remaining human was small, adorned on the top by silvery-white hair. He could sense a magic aura to her, which caused a slight itch in his nose.

Drawn by the feeling of familiarity, the stone titan crouched down. The sound of grinding stone filled the air as its body compressed, and a gust of air buoyed by its body buffeted the small creature. Eventually it came to a rest on its knees, arms planted widely apart on the ground so it could lower itself to the height of the small one.

The giant stared for a moment, its glowing stone eyes taking in the sight of the silvery woman. Another grunt of pain left its mouth as it tried to form enough thought to speak. The painful strain made it grind its fists into the ground, leaving gaping holes among the dirt and trees. At last, through the rage and torment, it spoke. The deep, rumbling voice left one word hanging in the air:

“Why?”

Post WC: 313 Thread WC: X Tagged:   @Karimah   Music: Link  
Abelios
Abelios

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karimah Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:54 pm

Conondrum  Header

---

Karimah did not forget her manners, perhaps, when she refused to wrinkle her nose under the putrid combination of coffee and alcohol; the stench was overwhelming  but his quirky form of generosity caused her to suddenly feel rude for finding the strange morning beverage disgusting and so she nodded acceptingly.

He was being hospitable, after all, and where she was from to refuse such efforts could bruise the ego very much. The murky, dark liquid swished within and gleamed like a star from a window and in it reflected the sky and the tops of many lush trees. Simple beauty was not enough to console her stomach for what was to come, however, for her small hands tightened concerningly around the container and her eyes struggled to hide the growing disgust that welled deep inside her.

“I thank you,” she stalled, pausing the instant her mouth neared the shabby rim of the metal container whilst her throat tightened visibly along with the intense puckering of her glossy lips. She found a much needed moment to smoothly draw back and chose this precise second to speak. “You are doing me such a kindness,” she continued with small truths in her words, “that I find it very difficult to refuse. Would you grant me the honor of knowing your name?”

The statement after the proffering of his tin mug did not sound happy to the djinni, and from that shared piece she gathered, somewhere roughly, he must have undergone many hardships to call the forest dreaded. Digging deeply into the pockets of her divine cranium, she found a helpful nugget of wisdom.

“Verily, with every difficulty, there is relief. You will not be burdened with that which you have no ability to bear. What horrors have you faced in this forest for you to be so troubled? Are you lost like—” she was hesitant to say, “—-like me?”

He didn’t seem all that lost to her as he openly indicated the safest path and then prompted her with a question that caught her off guard. It was a surprising one. “I’m afraid I haven’t. Is it your desire to find this slime?” asked Karimah, nicely but also rather stupidly.  Not a peep more out of her, she inwardly told herself, as she leaned in to take a sip of this cursed drink.

But by the grace of fate, she never learned of the taste once the lovely man had set his sights on a fleeing fox and a frightened warthog after professing this as an oddity. “They are in fear of something,” she added cautiously, furrowing her brow as the once calm liquid within the cup she’d been holding quivered, “but of what, I cannot say.”

She softened her voice, her golden-brown hues falling upon the alcohol-infused coffee that trembled with curious ripples, somewhat simultaneously with the good earth beneath her shoes.  

“We are not alone,” she said ominously, averting her gaze from the cup to the sound of an unsheathed sword. Close to suggesting an idea, she stopped her entire thought process for this concept.

“You are a knight? This is grand! You must tell me of your adventures in the future. That is, if we find ourselves fortunate enough to cross paths.” Uttered Karimah, admiringly. What came after that show of bravery, that very moving display of courage, she was not expecting, as he bolted right out of the thicket and left her to face the danger alone.

She numbly stared at the empty space beside her, her silvery strands swaying sullenly in the breeze. She tucked a lock behind her ear and looked to the sky through a series of blinks, all this was done very slowly and with some disbelief, as the young woman came to terms with the fact that he must have understood his limits and decided to flee.

What a wise human.

She appreciated his refreshing candor and wished him well.

This was her problem now.

What was coming would be a whole lot scarier than the beverage in her hand; so she took a quick, soundless sip and gritted her teeth with surprising exaggeration. It tasted so foul! it only took everything in her power not to spit it all out like a bloody geyser.

Tears came to her eyes as her throat burned under the fresh experience and her entire body shuddered, for she was all too happy to place it back on the ground where the honest Knight once stood.

It was time to run.

Frightened, Karimah didn’t get very far. Small legs versus the herculean nature of this beast; it was not very hard to determine the winner in this race of life and death. She would have garnered some excellent ideas, most guaranteeing escape, if only she were more level-headed under such strenuous circumstances. She was unnaturally silent as she faced the being of pure stone, too afraid to cry or scream. It was a deceiving facade of serenity, for there she trembled harder than an autumn leaf in the fall.

Shadow crept over soil and body; Karimah felt the sun bearing down on her no more and her frantic heart being seized by the cold hands of terror.

“Was that question for me?” she asked, her lowered gaze rising fearfully to meet the towering beast.

“Of course it was.” Karimah continued softly, embarrassment intermingling dangerously with terror.

She fell to her knees with a nervous sigh that bordered on a tiny laugh.

“You sound terribly distressed.” She remarked apprehensively, wondering just how to approach this matter without getting crushed like a bug. “In order for me to answer your question properly, you must tell me more about your problem. I am not a wise girl, but I would like to help you if at all possible.”

Word Count; 973
made bycapt. meows
Karimah
Karimah

VylderGold : 53584

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abelios Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:23 pm

Conondrum  X4zJMoO

The little silver-topped creature was trembling so hard she looked like the leaves rustling in the breeze. She was a rabbit quaking under the fierce gaze of a fox. So tiny, so fragile. The stone titan could crush her without effort, obliterating her from existence. It would be so easy, so thoughtless - but he didn’t. The being had captured his interest, unintentionally saving herself from his rage by being peculiar. As weak as his ability to focus was, it was all trained on her.

She pointed out that he sounded distressed, and the titan gave a slow nod. The pressure in his mind pulsed, and he let out a low grumble. Her assessment was more than correct, but the fog in his brain was too thick to form more than a word at a time to tell her so. What he wished to articulate wouldn’t be easy to do.

“Pain…” he managed to rumble, digging his stony fingers into the ground again as the waves of magical pressure breached the shores of his mind. In one staggered movement, he changed his stance to mimic a sitting one like hers, though he sat with stony legs extended. The limbs formed a wall on two sides of her.

Leaning in, the stony titan stared at her, trying to form another word. The more he tried, the easier it was becoming to swim through the brain fog. However, it was at the cost of more and stronger pain. This magical pressure didn’t want to relent. The world was actively trying to reject his own magic by wiping him from existence. If it weren’t for his massive form and the power within it, he would have combusted by now.

“Stuck.” The giant pointed at his chest. The pressure after the word made him clench his rock hands on either side of his head and let out a roar that shook the ground.

Post WC: 319 Thread WC: X Tagged: @Karimah Music: Link

Abelios
Abelios

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum