Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
I Got Yeeted from My World When Things Were Finally Looking Up, Now I Have Heart Problems and Taste Purple WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» Magic App. Review Request
by Izou Today at 6:53 am

» Into the Unknown [Percy]
by Leon Hoffman Today at 4:20 am

» SINGLE'S NIGHT [OPEN EVENT]
by Emi Kazama Today at 2:57 am

» Dagger No More [Leon]
by Percy Today at 2:41 am

» New Friends! [Luchta]
by Luchta Dagda Yesterday at 11:57 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ███████████ 22
ELDRITCH ████████████ 23
GAIYANS ██████ 12
ANTHROS █████ 9
HYBRID ███ 5
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Donations

I Got Yeeted from My World When Things Were Finally Looking Up, Now I Have Heart Problems and Taste Purple

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I Got Yeeted from My World When Things Were Finally Looking Up, Now I Have Heart Problems and Taste Purple Empty I Got Yeeted from My World When Things Were Finally Looking Up, Now I Have Heart Problems and Taste Purple

Post by Theo Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:40 pm

Things were just starting to really feel better. Not perfect, but better. He'd left his blanket mound and was reconnecting with the family he thought he'd lost. The time wasn't really right to accept some scarier connections, but he was healing.

Then rippity flippity his existence did a blippity into another...dimeppity?

While Theo had no way to be aware that the world of Vyldermire hated losing its inhabitants to untimely deaths, those mystical nature fingers of the world desperately wanted to fill the gap left and yoinked the poor man right out of his homeworld. As far as Theo knew, it was another friggin wormhole, like the one that had swallowed him when he was four and started his life on this chaotic path. Unlike the wormhole that had kept him in his world and just burped him out at a random time in the past, this one was all... weird.

The trip was an odd one that his mind had a hard time grasping. If one could fall into a kaleidoscope and just marinate there while some screeching toddler aggressively shook the beads around, that was the closest thing he could really compare it to. That or being in one of those oil and water hourglasses filled with rainbow glitter that he may or may not have dissolved into and lived as an ameba for a time. Had he ever been a clam? He felt like he'd been a clam.

Then came the somehow less pleasant part of dimensional travel. The parts of him that his new world didn't like had to be purged, which was a bit complicated. Being part angel with a demon living inside of him was pretty integrated into his body. Leave it to Theo to find this part of the process the weirdest. While he was flying through his magical tube of jello-- or was he the tube of jello?-- both things were separated from him. The angel part just made his tongue tingle and the third toe of his left foot cramp, but the demon removal was a bit more substantial. As his body wiggled like a wacky inflatable arm flailing tube man in a hurricane, he saw Kurao, the demon he'd existed with for so many years, scream his way up and out of his throat, floating with him and staring at him in terror. Theo screamed. Kurao screamed. Theo screamed louder. Kurao screamed louder. This went on for an embarrassingly long amount of time before the demon was just yanked back like a yo-yo. Poor Kurao. Hell was gonna be hell for him...

Strangely, Theo had thought he'd stopped screaming after Kurao left, but he hadn't. As he was hocked out of a sudden blinding light onto a cool, damp floor, the man was screaming as if he was being actively murdered in some horror film. The real convincing kind, not the sad voiceovers in some cheap horror game with disappointingly vague rules. "AAAAAIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!-" Then the scream stopped. Because he was out of air. Was there air here? Where was here? Inhaling nearly as loudly as the scream, he readied another, but it didn't come. Instead, Theo laid there, smacking his lips. "Purple? AH! Taste purple? AAAH! Purple isn't tasty....AH!! IT'S DARK!" he struggled to bring his smooth brain's ridges back. "Oh, my eyes are closed..."

Opening his eyes at least solved the darkness problem, though not so much the weird purple taste and the searing pain in his chest. He fell quiet, icy eyes taking in what looked like a completely normal forest. Had he just dreamed that whole...whatever that was? Maybe he'd been knocked out or fell asleep while treasure hunting? Actually, he couldn't remember what he'd been doing just before being aware of the whole toddler kaleidoscope thing...

[wc: 630]
Theo
Theo

VylderGold : 4717

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I Got Yeeted from My World When Things Were Finally Looking Up, Now I Have Heart Problems and Taste Purple Empty Re: I Got Yeeted from My World When Things Were Finally Looking Up, Now I Have Heart Problems and Taste Purple

Post by Yasmina Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:22 pm

Rowan

I'm in the race but I already won. And getting there can be half the fun.
So don't stop me till I'm good and done. Don't you try to rain on my...
Yasmina Elise

"I'm gonna call you Bertie!" The dirty blonde cooed at the bundle in her hands proudly, giving it a playful squeeze. They said it was impossible, they said that she was a fool for trying, but by the blessing of the great river she had gone and done it. She had a tamed a slime!

It was a small slime, a baby slime most likely. With some expert sneakiness and a giant blanket, Yasmina had caught it by surprise. Wrapping it into a bundle, and now the two of them were enjoying a nice lounge amongst the trees of Hoptus Forest. The nineteen-year-old Neko stretched out against a particularly lengthy branch.  She would poke the slime through the folds of the blanket, hissing slightly as the slimy surface of its body burned her skin. That was okay though, she was sure that Bertie would get used to her.

Yasmina was thoroughly enjoying her bonding time with her latest pet when the sudden sound of screaming broke through her peace. She jumped slightly, turning her head toward the sound. Was that coming from the Sylvian Ruins?

Curiosity peaked, Yasmina hooked her leg around the branch and used the grip of her thighs to swing her body off of the body. Rolling toward the ground and holding herself up with her legs, now upside down, she would look over at the ruins to try and spot the source of the noise. Medallion coloured orbs widening at the sight of a man, screaming that it was dark. She knew what this was, she had met people from Otherworlds before, but she had never got to witness the awesomeness that was their arrival.

"Whoa..." She breathed, unaware that her grip on Bertie had loosened and that the slimes acidic fluids had dissolved enough of her blanket that the slime would suddenly flop out of her grip toward the ground beneath her. "Ahh! Bertie! No! Eeeeep!" The fumble that was the attempt to catch the slime caused Yasmina to lose her grip on the tree and crash toward the ground with a loud yelp.

That... hurt.

With a whine, Yas pushed herself up off the floor, luckily she managed to flop around enough that she fell more on her side than her head, but it still hurt like crap. Remembering she no longer had her pet, she glanced around frantically, but much to her dismay the slime was already gone. "DAMNIT BERTIE!" She barked irritably, so much for that potential lifetime of friendship between her and a cute slime. Oh well, she would just have to catch another one, but first, she needed to check out this dude. Not bothering to climb to her feet, she would return her gaze to look at him once more. "Hi Mister!" She remarked, crawling toward him with surprising swiftness for someone on their knees, stopping a few feet away. "You okay? That's some landing huh, I'm told it's like, super rough! Are you hurt? Do you feel sick? Warn me if you're gonna barf cause I cannot look at sick, if you're sick then imma be sick! Hurrgh! I feel sick just thinking about sick!"

WC: 527 Total WC: 1157  Tag: @Theo

Yasmina
Yasmina

VylderGold : 4716

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I Got Yeeted from My World When Things Were Finally Looking Up, Now I Have Heart Problems and Taste Purple Empty Re: I Got Yeeted from My World When Things Were Finally Looking Up, Now I Have Heart Problems and Taste Purple

Post by Theo Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:54 pm

Something was happening near him. A thud. A voice. Something called A Bertie. At his angle, he couldn't see, but then again, he wasn't looking. He was still in a bit of shock, trying to get his head around not having any idea why he felt like he'd eaten a color or what he'd been doing right before this. It was an odd feeling, having a gap in memories. He'd had this brain ache before, but given the distinctly less awful scenery, this one was thankfully more innocent. However, now something was crawling toward him and that drew his eyes from the glowing leaves breezing above him. It looked upside down to him, yet he still smiled as if everything in the world made sense.

"Naaah, I have a stomach of steel! There won't be any sick to get sick over, so don't get sick, okay?" Theo responded, suddenly sounding so normal considering his shrieking and confusion and the fact he was still laying flat on his back in front of the monument he'd flown out of. "Are you a Bertie? I've never heard of Berties before. Is that like a bird?" he asked, and despite being convinced he was still in his normal world, the presence of a Bertie made him think otherwise. "I've never seen a Bertie, but I have seen-- WHOA YOU HAVE EARS!" he exclaimed, eyes wide. His world had people with animal traits. There had been one that pinned him down when he was trapped in a sleeping bag once, but he'd been more concerned with her huge jugs than her cute little cat ears. But those were Joyans, not Berties!

"Wait, are you okay? Was that you that made that thump? As someone who falls a lot, it hurts a lot. I'm Theo, by the way! I keep tasting purple and I have no idea where I am. Can you help me?" he jabbered, his mind skipping like rocks thrown by someone with far more skill than he had.

[wc: 335 || total: 1492]
Theo
Theo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmina Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:34 pm

Rowan

Yasmina Elise

Now that she was closer, Yas was able to get a closer look at the guy that had fallen out of the portal. The first thing she noticed, was that he was dressed weird, at least... weird in Vyldermire. But then seeing as he wasn't from this world that wasn't super surprising, maybe this was just how spacemen dressed.

"Oh... okay, that's good!" She responded, relieved that he wasn't going to throw up. As he asked her if she was a Bertie, she cocked her head. He continued to babble for a moment, asking if she was a bird. Which was crazy because she didn't look Avian in the slightest. Before she could correct him, he suddenly noticed her ears, to which she would look down at him smugly. "Your damn right I do! Cause I'm not a Bertie, or a Bird either. I'm an Anthros, a Neko to be precise. Bertie was my friend, he's a slime, he ran away though but I'm sure I'll find him later." She explained to him proudly. Looking at him, she realised that he looked like a human, but she couldn't be entirely sure that he was. She would just have to ask him, pointing her finger at him as she stated her question.

"Are you a human? I don't trust humans... at least... not the humans in this world. What world do you come from? Are humans trustworthy there?" Her question carried an accusatory tone, not that she would make any attempt to move away from the boy, she was too curious for that.

"Pssh, I'm fine. I fall all the time too, but I'm tough so I can handle it." She bragged casually all the while lowering her pointing finger, "Oh, help? Sure, as long as you're not a bad human. Otherwise, we'll have to fight and you don't wanna fight me. I'm like... super fierce. Theo huh? I'm Yasmina, but you can call me Yas if you like. So can I trust you, Theo?" She asked, naive to the possibility that he could easily lie to her.

WC: 347 Total WC: 1839  Tag: @Theo

Last edited by Yasmina on Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yasmina
Yasmina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:25 pm

Theo just laid there and blandly stared at her as she explained that she wasn't, in fact, whatever a Bertie was. She was an Anthros, another word he didn't know. A Neko, which sounded like a familiar word that he couldn't put his finger on. Bertie was a slime. A slime? ...slime? She spoke of it like it was a creature, but slime was just goopy, slick stuff found on rotting things or in little jars with glitter to play with, right? Slimes were pets? What kind of world was this??

While he was busy having an internal meltdown about the most inconsequential detail of falling into a new world, he felt the pang of a pointed finger demanding his honest truth like an interrogator's spotlight. His pale blue eyes widened and glanced at the finger as if it were a gun, then back to the Neko's face. "Yeah, I'm a human!" he answered straight away as if she'd threatened him, which she hadn't. Theo then grew thoughtful about the rest of it, "I'm from a place called Ishgar and... hehe, I guess humans aren't all trustworthy there either," he said sheepishly, thinking about all the dark mages he'd fought and the thieves he'd been apart of and tangled with to snag treasure. But he'd met a lot of good people, too!

Lucky for the naive Neko, Theo was perfectly trustworthy as long as there wasn't anything shiny to fight over. "Humans might have a lot of bad apparently everywhere, but there are always some good ones too! I'm not perfect, but I like to think I've worked hard and have become a good one. So yeah, you can trust me, Yas," he grinned, otherwise not moving a muscle aside from his face.

[wc: 293 || total: 2132]
Theo
Theo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmina Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:35 pm

Rowan

Yasmina Elise

So he was a human. Yas narrowed her eyes at him, she had never heard of Ishgar, she wondered if that was the name of his planet. So there were humans on other planets, so he wasn't an alien? Or was he both? She wasn't really sure what this meant and thinking about it only confused her more.  Hearing that they couldn't be trusted would cause Yasmina to nod in agreement, yes, they couldn't be trusted, it was good that he didn't deny it. He was honest. Yas liked honesty.

As he continued, she was surprised by what he said next. Going on to add that there were some good humans which... she didn't disagree with. There had been humans who had tried their best to make up what happened to her kind, although it still took way longer than it should have really. But Theo seemed sincere, and as she stared at him, thinking over what to do her face was blank for several moments. Then suddenly, she hopped to her feet. "Okay!" She chirped perkily, reaching down, she grabbed him by the arms and began yanking him up, regardless of whether he had been prepared for it or not. A rather haphazard way of trying to help him to his feet.

"I don't really know what to do with Otherworlders, but I suppose I should fill you in on where you are right? This is Vyldermire, and you are in Hoptus Forest. Speaking of which we should probably get a move on, Hoptus is dangerous for people who aren't used to it. Lots of monsters and stuff, are there monsters in Ishgar Theo?"

WC: 275 Total WC: 2407  Tag: @Theo

Yasmina
Yasmina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:21 am

"AAAIE!" he squealed as he was suddenly pulled up, not ready for it because he was still heavily distracted by...well, everything!

When Theo had answered about Ishgar, he hadn't really thought too much about what he was saying or the true implications. Really, he hadn't quite decided if he really was in another world yet. He was just sorta entertaining both possibilities without committing to one. His foggy brain was muddling through things at an even slower pace than usual. It wasn't out of the question that he'd just hit his head hard enough that everything felt weird and happened to meet a weirdo out in the middle of nowhere at the same time. But as she called him an 'Otherworlder' and offered to tell him about this 'Villerspire', it really soaked in that he really wasn't on Earthland anymore.

The bright-eyed man was processing the gravity of his new situation so intently that he forgot to tell his legs to work when he was pulled up. He wobblily stood there for a moment before he staggered a couple of steps and ran into a tree. It was better than barrelling into Yasmina, though. Turning to lean his back on the tree with a sheepish grin. His body felt really strange and weak. "I guess I don't have my Valdersmear legs yet," he repeated the word Yas had said extremely confidently but wrong. Hoppy Forest, huh? "Yeah, we had monsters! All different kinds, but don't worry, I'll just WA-POW them with my jello!" Theo declared, throwing out his hand to give a demonstration, but only a lump of jello the size of a single-serve cup appeared instead of the jello cat he'd been looking to impress her with. He stared at the green blob as it fell into his hand, jiggling in all its limey, sugary goodness with no purpose at all. "Oh.... oh boy. Well, that's awkward..." he muttered, searching his body for that magical tingle that used to feel like a vast lake, but now felt like a half-full cup.

Weirder still, he didn't feel the other magic at all. His mind reached out to ask Kurao what was going on, but, for the first time in a long time, it was silent. There was no devious, annoying demon to try and tempt him and take over his body. Somehow, despite how many times he'd sincerely wished he'd never made that contract, it was absolutely terrifying to feel for the other presence and it was not there. He was completely alone in this world, wasn't he? A cold sweat broke out on his skin. It'd happened again. He had been ripped away from everything he knew and had to survive... just like when he was a child.

[wc: 459 || total: 2866]
Theo
Theo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmina Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:17 am

Rowan

Yasmina Elise

After what in her mind was a successful manner in which she had helped him onto his feet, Yasmina would turn and began to wander away, waving her hand for him to follow her. She would hear a thud and turn to see him pressed up against a tree, she tilted her head to the side, could Theo not walk well?

She blinked at him confused as he commented on not having legs yet, wondering what Valdersmear was. Perhaps a saying from where he was from? She could only assume. As he told her about monsters in his own word, her brows would furrow. Did he fight with jello? Why would you do that? It was such a waste of jello! She thought with a scowl, before dropping her gaze to his palm.

As she stared at his hand, her eyes would widen to saucers, her mouth dropping open. In his hand, his actually frigging hand, Jello appeared. It just... manifested! Right there! Her astonished face would look up at him, then back at the jello, then back at him, and then again at the Jello.

"WHOOOOAAAHHH.... YOU MADE JELLO... MAGIC JELLO! THAT'S LIKE... THE COOLEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. WHAT THE FRICK DUDE! IS IT TASTY?"  And without waiting for his answer, she scooped down and took a bite, not even giving him the courtesy of using her hands to pick it up but scooping it up with her mouth and throwing her head back as she attempted to devour the entire cup-sized mouthful. It was perhaps the messiest manner in which anyone had ever eaten jello, any that hadn't made it into her mouth was now dribbling down her chin before quickly escaping down her neck. She swallowed the mouthful before looking at him with a jelly coated grin; it was good, so good, sweet and limey!

"Can you make more?"

WC:  316 Total WC: 3182  Tag: @Theo

Yasmina
Yasmina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Mon May 03, 2021 11:15 am

Theo's own eyes turned into saucers like hers, staring at her as she shouted in bewilderment. "YOU REALLY THINK SO??" the rehomed man loudly warbled back, oddly touched by her words. No one had ever told him that his magic was cool before! Usually, they said it was weird or useless until he proved otherwise. He liked this girl already, she was really very perceptive and had great taste-- And then, before he could even really process not only the loss of his magical strength but her excitement about what was in his hand, her mouth just...snatched it. He blinked, watching her sling her head back and try to suck it down hands-free, looking a bit like... a pelican, if pelicans also drooled. Kinda like a pelican and a cat had a baby. A pelicat! After standing frozen in gobsmacked silence for a few moments more, Theo's face cracked and he started giggling. "Hehehe, like a pelicat...haha aaahh," he chortled, bringing a finger up to one of his teary eyes. "Yasmina, that was great! I like you!"

Unable to resist her jello-y grin, Theo nodded to her question. "Yep, I can make more. This one is cherry! I used to be able to make them really big and into little creatures and stuff," he said, holding out his hand and making a red blob about the same size as the green one she'd just devoured. "I guess I have to re-learn how to use my magic here in this new world. Is that normal for people who come here from other places?" he asked.

[wc: 264 || total: 3446]
Theo
Theo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmina Mon May 03, 2021 3:56 pm

Rowan

Yasmina Elise

Yasmina did not normally trust humans but Theo, well Theo seemed like a cool dude. A cool dude with an awesome power, he seemed nice and to have such a cute magic as making sweet treats, well surely he couldn't be a bad guy? Maybe he was just one of those rare good ones you came across, like a unicorn! She beamed at him with her jelly coated grin, before wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. Secretly hoping he would offer her more at some point. "I like you too Theo!" She told him earnestly, "Let's be friends, 'kay?"

She squealed as he made another, jumping forth and scooping it up in the same manner. Delightedly devouring the delicious cherry flavoured substance, she would squeeze her eyes shut and do a little happy jiggle. It was the best thing she'd in a while! "Thanks, it's so cool. You could like, open up a jello store. I'd go there every day if you did!" She told him, before turning whilst grabbing his hand. She would begin to pull him along, guiding him in the direction of Engloria. She decided that as Theo's new friend, it would be good to guide him for a while a least until he found his feet. It's not like she had anything else to do right now anyway.

At his question, she would shrug, "I honestly don't know, you're the first Otherworlder I've ever met, I bet if we head to town though they'll be someone who knows more about your kind!" She told him reassuringly.

WC:  263 Total WC: 3709 Tag: @Theo

Yasmina
Yasmina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Tue May 04, 2021 9:26 am

As his new friend grabbed his hand and led him off, a grinning Theo stumbled along behind her for a few feet until his legs seemed to get themselves in order. "Okay!" he chirped back. A friend. The word sent both happy and sad pangs through him. Would his luck here be different? He really hoped so but was also very cautious. As much as he liked Yasmina, he'd have to keep in mind not to keep her too close. For her own safety.

He still felt very strange. Making just those two small jello cups had taken a lot out of him. Theo was well aware that his heart wasn't in the best shape, but now it fluttered oddly as if he'd been running for miles and miles on an empty stomach. His free hand reached up to rub the scar through the fabric of his tracksuit jacket.

Deciding not to think about it, he instead started to mull over her suggestion. "You really think so?" he asked, of course imagining some grandiose, rainbow-colored building with men in jello suits waving in throngs of customers. He'd sit atop a throne of jello, graciously creating and bestowing his patrons with his sugary treats while they showered him in money. "That's actually a great idea! A jello shop! All my money is back home, and even if I had it, it probably wouldn't work here. I could start with a cart..." he thought aloud, then blinked out of his little daydream to look at Yasmina. "Where are we going, anyway?"

[wc: 259 || total: 3968]
Theo
Theo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmina Tue May 04, 2021 11:24 pm

Rowan

Yasmina Elise

"Ooo yes, a cart would be good, you could push it around festivals and stuff! I'd bet you'd get a ton of customers, especially with summer round the corner." She told him, her head bobbing enthusastically. The path out of Hoptus would be windier for Yasmina and Theo than most people, mainly because Yasmina wasn't entirely sure she was going the right way. Really she could only really on her nose, but Engloria was so far away that she wasn't entirely sure that she was picking up the rights scents. Still, she walked confidentally on, guiding her newest pal through the trees.

"Well, we should start in Engloria at first, but it probably won't do to stay their too long cause it's super expensive there! You said you left your money at home huh, that's rough. I have some allowance so don't you worry kay? Dinner's on me! Do you like steak? I looooove steak!" She said, eyes glazing over at the thought of biting into a juicy fillet later.  She would do a little skip over some rocks, looking back at him, head tilting as she asked a slightly more serious question. "Do you think you'll try and get home straightaway or explore a bit first?"

It would be a shame for her new friend to leave so soon, truthfully Yas wanted to get to know him a little more. He seemed super friendly, and from what she could tell, he actually liked her. It was weird, plenty of people said they liked the boisterous neko, but she could tell that they didn't always means it. She was too energetic for them, words like annoying and immature uttered behind closed doors not realising she could hear them, sometimes not even caring if she did.

WC:  295 Total WC: 4263 Tag: @Theo

Yasmina
Yasmina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Wed May 05, 2021 10:13 am

As they snaked their way through the trees, Theo suspected they may be lost. He'd traveled a lot as a treasure hunter, and though he was good with his sense of direction, he wasn't perfect. This was what it felt like when he wasn't sure where he were going, but he ultimately didn't care. There was a lot on his mind, and his sense of direction would do him no good anymore. Not until he had a map and did some exploring of his own.

"Ennnglooooriaaaa, huh?" he asked in a sing-song voice, the word meaning nothing but still giving an impression. It sounded swanky. Must be swanky if it had a steak place. "Mmmm! Yeah, I love steak! I'll pay you back some day," Theo grinned, feeling oddly optimistic about his situation here. Hopefully that wouldn't bite him later.

As her tone sobered, so did Theo. Hopping over the same rocks she had, he paused and met her gaze, giving her a helpless shrug. "Probably not right away. I have no idea how to get back and that portal thingy just looked like some old rocks now. There wasn't any squiggly wiggly magic wormhole stuff anymore, so... I guess I'll just explore and stuff until I figure out how it opens going the other way. I bet this place has all sorts of treasures for me to find in the mean time," he grinned, hopping dramatically to the next rock. Of course, since he was a colossal klutz, his foot slipped and he fell off with a loud yowl. Just as he hit the next rock, his body jiggled and bounced off of it, sending him rocketing past Yasmina and into a bush.

Falling in such an embarrassing way would rattle or hurt a normal person, but instead Theo broke into some giddy giggles, the leaves shaking around him. "Yeeesss, my body still does the thing! That's great!"

[wc: 319 || total: 4582]
Theo
Theo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmina Sun May 09, 2021 12:05 am

Rowan

Yasmina Elise

She would giggle at his sing song voice, bringing the hand that wasn't holding his to the side of his mouth, "ENGLOOOORRRII-YAAHHHHH!" She repeated in her own eccentric and very offkey manner.

Yasmina was pleased to hear that he wouldn't be going anywhere straightaway, and she made no effort to hide that on her face. Beaming happily as she watched he attempt to hop over to another rock. Losing her grip on his hand she watched in awe as he would jiggle off the rock that he fell onto and went flying into a nearby bush. She stared ahead, blinking a few times as she tried to figure out what had just happened. Seeing that he was okay, Yas giggled and wandered over.

"You're funny." She told him, offering to help him up out of the bush. As she leant down she woud stop suddenly, eyes narrowing suddenly, she turned hissing in the direction of the trees. His hands claed and ready to summer her a weapon if she needed to. She stared into the woods, "We have to go Theo." She said quietly to him, as the soft rustling of movement coming from the woods could be heard.

A gruff sound, like the soft neighing of a horse could be heard. Dark, glossy eyes had found the pair in it's sights, and it was by no means friendly. Suddenly the creature would bound forward them, and with a shriek, Yasmina grab Theo's arm roughly and began sprinting in the other direction. The Dark Unicorn bursting forth out of the shrubbery and charging toward them at a threatening pace.

WC:  269 Total WC: 4851 Tag: @Theo

Yasmina
Yasmina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Tue May 11, 2021 3:37 am

Theo always enjoyed making people laugh, even if it was often just a hazard of being in his presence. He grinned back at her, reaching to take her help to get out of the bush, but then everything took a creepy turn. There was just something about watching Yasmina tense up, clearly hearing something as she turned to hiss. Something he heard now. A rustling. There might as well been the horror movie 'SHHIII SHIII SHII SHII AAAH AHH AAH AHH ree ree reE REE REE' sound effects going because every single hair on Theo was standing on end. He refused to look, preferring to freeze up instead. "What is it," he whispered with icy blue hues wide and frightened, not even attempting any sort of macho bravado. No, Theo was thoroughly freaked out, so much so that he shrieked when she did, only because she had.

"What is-- WHAT IS THAT?!" Theo squawked as he was yanked along, tossing a hasty look over his shoulder once he thought he heard horse noises. The man went white as a sheet, for he saw what seemed to be his arch-nemesis from Ishgar, a foe he hadn't seen in quite a long time and for good reason. "MURPHY??!?!?!" he yowled, laying confused and terrified eyes on the dark unicorn on their tails. Theo had had a terrible experience with unicorns. The only one he'd ever met hated him at first sight, and the two had tangoed dangerously for the entirety that his guild, Aurora, had existed. "Ohmygod, whyisMurphyhere? I THOUGHT I WAS IN VALDERSHIRE?! He's gonna gore me again with that hooooorn!" the tracksuited otherworlder lamented, nearly in tears as they scurried through the bushes ahead of the enraged creature.

Pointlessly, Theo started making more little jello molds and throwing them haphazardly behind him, kinda trying to hit the creature but not enough to slow down or take particular aim. It was more of a panicked reaction, fueled by the fact that he knew his magic was now too weak to fight it off with. "Yasminaaa, what're we gonna do? Are we gonna die?! I don't wanna die again! Waaaahhh!!"

[wc: 358 || total: 5209]
Theo
Theo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmina Sat May 15, 2021 4:56 pm

Rowan

Yasmina Elise

"Oh poo, oh poo, oh poo..."  Yasmina repeated under her breathe as she did her best to leg it the heck outta there. Pulling Theo along as quickly as she could, she decided stopping to explain was a no go -  he had got the picture by now. She could hear Theo's screaming next to her, calling the creature 'Murphy' and asking why it was here.

"It's a dark unicorn."  Yasmina told him, her breathing ragged from the running so quickly, "Not friendly... unless... um..." She tried to think what she had been taught in school, she never apid much attention in class. Too often she had spent doodling, napping or playing hooky that the information retained was minimal. But there had been a class on Dark Unicorns hadn't there, was she there for that? She was sure she must have been in one of them. A memory of looking at her teacher's chalkboard sketch came to mind, she had been disgusted by something but what was it. Was it something to do with the unicorn... no, it was what the unicorn ate... something Yasmina hated -  Vegetables, or rather a very specific vegetable.

"CARROT, THEO, CAN YOU MAKE CARROT FLAVOURED JELLO?" She bellowed suddenly, looking back at the dark unicorn to see that it was quickly catching up to them. Of course it was, it was a friggin unicorn for Fleuv'ir sake!

WC:  233 Total WC: 5442 Tag: @Theo

Yasmina
Yasmina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Tue May 18, 2021 12:10 pm

"Carrots? Eewww, why would I make such a gross thing?" Theo asked dismally, abruptly jarred out of his terror to look at Yasmina in disgust. He was slow to put together what she was asking, more horrified by the suggestion of combining icky vegetables with the sugary miracle that was jello until it trickled in how such a thing could be helpful in this scenario. A dark unicorn was still a horse, right? "Oh....OH! OH, I SEE! Yas, you're a genius!" enthused the dim-witted otherworlder, oblivious to how he would adjust the flavor to something he'd never made before, yet he did it without issue.

By the time he turned around with the jiggling blob of orange in his hand, the hoof thuds were practically upon them and he could see the whites of the enraged creature's eyes. It really brought back some vivid memories of Murphy, especially in the way it pulled its horsey lips back over those long teeth and lurched its neck forward to chomp at him. Just as it did, Theo jammed his hand out and smashed the unicorn snack into its mouth. "EEEWWW!" he cried again as he pulled back a vaguely slobbery hand, but, thankfully, the snack had done the job. Stunned by the sugary, carrotty offering, the dark unicorn skidded its black hooves to a stop and munched. Its rage was quenched...for now.

He was quiet for a long moment afterward as they put some distance between themselves and their attacker. "Can we... take a breather?" Theo asked, pale eyes pleased to see they were no longer being chased, but also exhausted and vaguely pained as they turned back to the anthro dragging him along. The dark-haired man had always been in pretty good shape before and had little trouble running, but right now he couldn't seem to catch his breath.

[wc: 308 || total: 5750]
Theo
Theo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmina Tue May 18, 2021 3:55 pm

Rowan

Yasmina Elise

For a moment Yas was worried that Theo wouldn't be able to make the carrot jello, which would mean they had no choice but to fight the thing. But Dark Unicorns were strong, and Yas wasn't so sure that the two of them would be able to handle it. Her magic was at least idea for combat, but it was only as useful as her own abilities, and even as a neko she was no where near as fast as a Unicorn. And as for Theo, well, he made Jello. Just how dangerous could that be?

Yasmina craned her neck back to watch Theo launch the orange jello into the Dark Unicorns mouth, feeling relief as the creature stopped it's chase to enjoy the snack. Allowing the pair the chance to run away and create enough distance between them and the unicorn that it would likely stop bothering in it's chase. As Theo asked them to take a break, Yas slowed her pace, her breathing ragged from the relentless sprinting.

"Sure." She chirped, looking around to see just how far they had gotten, from the looks of it they had reached the edge of the forest and weren't too far from the road that led to Engloria. Letting go off Theo, she would move toward the nearest tree and slide down it. Taking several deep breathes, and exhaling slowly each time as a means to slow her own racing heart, once she felt a little calmer she looked at Theo. "Why did you call it Murphy?"  She asked, curious about the earlier screaming.

WC:  263 Total WC: 6013 Tag: @Theo

Yasmina
Yasmina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Thu May 20, 2021 9:32 am

Theo didn't even make it to a tree to lean on. As soon as Yasmina let go, the man faceplanted into the grass, panting but unhurt. He was quiet for a long moment other than the frantic wheezing, then he wriggled around so he could at least see his savior neko. With a weak smile, he attempted to tell the tale of Murphy, the Theo-Hating Guardian of the Castle Atop the Mountain.

The first two tries found his voice so hoarse that he went into a coughing fit, or so soft that he was sure she couldn't hear him. Once he managed to flop onto his back, things got a little better. If only his heart would stop racing! It fluttered so fast, he was feeling extremely light-headed. "A while back, I dunno how long even, me and...an ex made a guild for our friends once our first guild crashed. We found this abandoned castle on the top of a big mountain. It was perfect! Enough room for everyone and a treasure room off of one of the bedrooms, which was perfect for me. It had a ton of secret passages and everything!" he started off, smiling faintly at the bittersweet memory, "The castle had a protector, though. It was a crabby unicorn that hated me from the moment he saw me for no reason! Only me! He was so mean! I don't remember if I named him Murphy or if he told me that was his name, but every time he saw me, he'd charge with his horn and stab me, then launch me off the side of the mountain. It really hurt!" Theo pouted, rubbing phantom wounds all over his body. "I had to get really creative and sneaky just to make it into the castle before Murphy could find me."

He quieted for a moment, eyes distant as the memories washed over him. Theo didn't have a lot of clear memories of his most recent life, but his days with the Sugar Squad and his various guilds were still vivid. He missed those days and the people in them. Most of them were dead or missing, and now officially a whole world away. It was strange to still feel the ache for Tomoe and Rin, but also accept that they were really gone. Even though it'd been years, he was still working through the grief of all the love and loss, of all the trauma he'd lived through. Weird how things could be both happy and sad to remember.

"I never thought of feeding him carrot jello, though. Maybe if you'd been there, Murphy and I could have become friends!" he grinned, forcing himself out of the funk and back to his happy-go-lucky ways. Curiosity got the better of him, so he formed another orange blob and raised it to his nose for a sniff. Though questionably scented, he took a big bite anyway, grimacing once he swallowed. "UGH! Nasty!!" he exclaimed, sticking his tongue out but offering the rest of the blob to Yasmina anyway, in case she wanted to confirm.

[wc: 515 || total: 6528]
Theo
Theo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmina Fri May 21, 2021 3:35 pm

Rowan

Yasmina Elise

Yas would watch with a concerned gaze as Theo lay in the grass wheezing so intensity. He peered up from her on the ground, and when he tried to speak he would break into a terrible cough. Yas would crawl over, patting his back softly in an attempt to help him breathe. Yasmina wasn't really good at dealing with sick people, she hadn't the slightest clue how to deal with injuries or illness that couldn't be cleaned with alcohol and wrapped in cloth. So instead she just patted him, hoping this helped him breathe a bit better as she listened to him talk about his life.

He talked about his ex and a guild they ran, she noticed his happy expression as he discussed it, smiling down at him in response. It sounded like a really fun, albeit painful time. "Murphy sounds so mean!" She chirped in response, before beaming at his next response. "Maybe, what did your guild do?" She would ask, wondering if it was anything like the factions here. She didn't know very much about them, never having ever been interested in the idea of working for an organisation, despite the persistent encouragement of those around her.

Yasmina would laugh at Theo's face after tasting the vegetable jello, an expression which quickly turned to repulsion when he offered it to her. Reaching up and pushed his hand away from her face, "No thanks, I don't eat veggies, not even the jelly kind!"

WC:  245 Total WC: 6773 Tag: @Theo

Yasmina
Yasmina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Sun May 23, 2021 1:48 pm

The patting was very sweet. He appreciated it deeply. The fact that she was concerned put things into perspective for him. There was something wrong. Theo was aware that his heart was a mess. It had been for a long time, one of the constant reminders of his monumental failure. But the other reminder, and subsequently the one who mediated the damage to his body, was gone. What did that mean for the now-homeless jello mage?

Theo grinned deviously, retracting the orange, jiggly blob for the time being. He then considered her question. Crystal Swan's purpose had been clear, but Aurora's was more of an emergency fix to keep his guild family from splintering into the wind. "My guild...you know, I'm not sure what we did. Just a bunch of good guys helping people and giving second chances to people who needed them. I didn't get to stay very long because..." Theo trailed, his happy expression faltering. He was never very good at hiding his emotions, despite how hard he tried. With a face as expressive as his, the least little change put his thoughts on display. He cleared his throat, trying to make sure what he said next came out evenly. "Because my girlfriend died, and I couldn't run it without her. Her death killed me... it's complicated to explain, but by the time I was me again, the girl who was running it had disbanded it or something. I never figured out where everyone scattered to."

He was quiet for a second, but seemed unsettled with it. Despite how very depressed he was trying to get over the sheer amount of terrible junk he'd been through, he just couldn't bring himself to let anyone see it. He wanted to bring smiles, not tears! Help, not hurt. And so, to distract both himself and Yasmina from the saddening tone, a more recovered Theo suddenly perked up and looked downright devious.

As his hand rose once more with the carrot jello, he turned to get onto his knees. "Now, since I took a bite, I think it's only fair that you share in the experience. Bonding over terrible tasting and smelling things is the stuff friendships are made of!" he grinned, making a playful lunge at the neko.

[wc: 378 || total: 7151]
Theo
Theo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmina Sun May 23, 2021 10:21 pm

Rowan

Yasmina Elise

Despite Yas's disinterest in the current factions of Vyldermire, she had to admit that his guild sounded fun. If they had more groups like that here, she might have considered joining one. As long as there wasn't too much pressure to 'work' or 'be mature', aspirations Yas avoided like the plague. The patting on his back would stop suddenly, when he revealed that his girlfriend died, Yas's medallion orbs grew sad. She regretted prying in things she shouldn't have, the last thing she had wanted was to bring up painful memories for her newest friend. "I'm sorry..." She said meekly, unsure of what else to say at this moment. Ahhh this was not how this was supposed to go, why had she been so careless?

Theo would suddenly get onto his knees, the orange blob appearing in his hand once again. At his insistence that she taste it, Yasmina's expression quickly shifted from sadness, to surprise at his suggestion, and then disgusted horror as her made a lunge at her. "EEK!" She squealed, shuffling back on her rear and holding him back with her arms, "I don't wanna! You can't make me!" She replied, giggling regardless of her visible disgust at the possibility of having to eat the carrot-y abomination.

WC:  210 Total WC: 7361 Tag: @Theo

Yasmina
Yasmina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Thu May 27, 2021 2:57 am

The wrestling that followed was playful and he was careful not to accidentally get too rough or actually shove it in her mouth even when he got the chance. It was more about the game than the actual goal, though he really did want her to share his disgust properly. It reminded him of the old days with the other raider children and how they'd take turns licking questionable things found in the caves just to bond over how nasty it was... except that time they woke up four days later in a cave of bats with no memory of what happened. They never licked those mushrooms again.

"Don't be sorry!" he had exclaimed at first, laughing too, but then a lightning bolt of an idea struck him. Trying to wipe the grin off of his face, Theo loomed over her, now with his icy eyes wide and puppied and his mouth pulled into a dramatic pout. "If you're really sorry, just a little nibble? Pwease? It'll make this old man so very happy," he warbled, overexaggerating his ancient twenty-five years of life that was spread over a few thousand years and now two whole worlds. It was complicated.

"We must feel Murphy the Second's joy over this delightful snack I so skillfully made on the fly. Only then can we relate to him and change his heart! Bonds of carrot jello will be formed! One day we will ride him into the sunset!! Can you see it, Yasmina? Can you see it? Can you taste it??"

When exactly the pouting rouse had shifted into dramatic, rousing speech was uncertain, but Theo was always one to run with whatever his brain did on the fly, no matter how goofy.

[wc: 289 || total: 7650]
Theo
Theo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmina Sun May 30, 2021 4:42 pm

Rowan

Yasmina Elise

The playful engagement of wrestling they would undergo would cause Yas to giggle with childish delight, fending off his struggles to feed her that nasty goo. She was currently on her back, using her hands and feet to keep him at bay. Not trying to hurt him, more like a high-spirited attempt to add more silliness to their fun.

As he pouted down at her, Yas would freeze, those puppy eyes hitting her to the art with all the force of an arrow. "N-no fair!" She cried, her own eyes drawing her gaze to the not-so-sweet treat. It looked okay, just orange jello. Maybe if she pretended it was orange or nectarine jelly it would be okay. Even though she knew full well of the nastiness vegetable taste that lingered in the alien substance.

Nose scrunched up, she would sit up, staring at the jello as he spoke. As though somehow with the sheer power of her mind she could change its flavour, but considering her magical abilities were limited to the manifestation of weapons, this was extremely unlikely. She stared. And she stared. Aaaaand she stared some more.

Until finally, she would pounce. Descending on his hand, and taking a small nibble of the jelly. Her tail that she generally kept out of sight usually would appear behind her, straightening up behind her with all the directiveness of a surprised kitty. Before clutching her hand to her chest and reeling back, she would squeal in disgust. Rolling from side to side on the grassy floor with her legs kicking in the air as she attempted to swallow the nasty substance.

Well, she finally managed to do so, she would still. Staring up at the sky with the expression of a fallen warrior, "Here likes, Yasmina Elise Silver, defeated by carrot jello." She murmured dramatically, despite the twinkle of enjoyment in her eyes. She likes hanging out with Theo, he was silly, which meant she could be silly.

WC:  328 Total WC: 7978 Tag: @Theo

Yasmina
Yasmina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:56 pm

As Yasmina flailed and then fell still, Theo erupted into laughter that was sourced from deep down in his belly, so much that he dropped the rest of the orange blob to double over and press his head to the grass below. He was such a simple man with simple humor, all he could really see was that they'd now officially bonded. As far as he was concerned, they'd be friends for life. Nasty carrot jello linked them as a shared experience for all of eternity.

After a few seconds, once his strength returned, he moved a few feet away to pick a flower, which he returned with and laid on his Neko friend as one would at a burial. "Rest in peace, my first friend in this new world. You will be remembered always as the girl who tested by most deadly jello creation," he said with dramatics equal to hers, though his mouth was twitching up at the corners. He was never a very good actor since all his emotions were generally thinly veiled at best.

Flopping down beside her he joined her in staring up into the sky, at least for a few more moments. A smile was still pulling his lips into a smile, though his eyes were a bit distant now. There were a lot of things to think about. What would this new world be like for him? Could he find a place for himself while he stayed? When Yasmina took him into the city, how different would it be from the cities he'd known before? What were all the people like here? He was a goofy guy, but he was street smart. There was no way everyone who lived on this world was like Yasmina. Theo had been lucky, but he knew his luck was always polarized. As much as he could luck out and have really great things happen at the best times, he'd also seen his share of really terrible luck at the worst times. And while he was once very optimistic, and had even had a glimmer of it earlier, he didn't share that outlook for himself anymore. With his mind clearing post portal juicing, he could feel the dark cloud shading his thoughts.

"Sooo, you said Engloria is expensive?" he asked, his brain skipping the track and back to their destination as he laid there thinking. "Do people hire treasure hunters in this world?" Theo followed his first question with one that held a but more importance to him. There was really only one thing he'd ever done consistently well.

[wc: 431 || total: 8409]
Theo
Theo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum