Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Humble Returns [Jen] WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» Quest Turn In
by Iris Today at 11:58 am

» SINGLE'S NIGHT [OPEN EVENT]
by Kiigan Today at 9:07 am

» Face Claim List
by Emi Kazama Today at 4:19 am

» Cassidi
by Anoa Today at 3:57 am

» Statsheet Creation : Requests & Updates
by Iris Yesterday at 9:32 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ███████████ 22
ELDRITCH ████████████ 23
GAIYANS ██████ 12
ANTHROS █████ 9
HYBRID ███ 5
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Donations

Humble Returns [Jen]

Go down

Humble Returns [Jen] Empty Humble Returns [Jen]

Post by Aries Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:23 pm

Rowan

All around me are familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races, going nowhere, going nowhere
Dr Aries Marrow

Home.

At the very least, what once was.

For the most part, the woods from which he was birthed had kept its key counterparts, there were familiar nooks and etchings on the trees, the moulds of the earth worn by rain and nature but essentially the same. For centuries he had lounged here, ignorant to the world around him, unsure of his purpose. Still unsure - as most Gaiyans were. The flames that had once decimated this space, the remnants of that dreadful fire were completely gone now, washed away and grown over. As though it never happened. And yet, it had. And the impact it had bore on the Leshen was undeniable. Perhaps there was a lesson to be taken from that, something he might use for his clients to guide them - life moves on, burns will heal, humans enjoyed those whimsical sentiments didn't they?

It had been quite some time since he had last ventured here, how long had they been venturing the realm that was Ishgar. A futile search for his masters offspring's, twenty or so years had gone by. Passed by in the blink of a eye. How much had just changed since their were last in Vyldermire? There was much to be explored, and first on that list was his home. Every so often his lord relieved him of his duties so that he could return home and see his peers. Although whether that was welcome was yet to be determined, a great deal of time had passed since the beginning of his enslavement to the Eldritch Fallen King of Wrath. But the full acceptance of it was still unlikely to occur any time soon, at the very least perhaps... tolerance.

Aries would walk forward, moving into a more open space of the grove, he kneeled down. Reaching into his pocket he would pull out a seed, one plucked from the forests of Sakuramori. Dropping the seed onto the earth, he would hold his palm open over it. After a moment the seeds would twitch, wiggling downwards and burying itself into the soil. Continuing down until it was completely buried by the ground. Aries stayed there for a moment, before standing up once more, watching the ground where the seed had been planted. After several minutes, a bud would begin to push upward out of the forest floor, continuing to grow before his quiet gaze.

WC: 400  Tag: @Jen

Aries
Aries

VylderGold : 234

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Humble Returns [Jen] Empty Re: Humble Returns [Jen]

Post by Jen Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:23 pm

Humble Returns [Jen] HXiO28c

It was only a few days that Jenevieve Vanderhart had been on the road. The moon temple dedicated to the goddess Selene had been her home since creation, a grand structure tucked away in the hills that was full of healing and light. Her purpose had been to maintain its upkeep and protect it from any who wished to harm it. Over time, it had become a place for traveling or wounded Gaiyans to seek shelter. Jen and her sisters would heal them, feed them, and send them on their way. That was the way her whole life had been, and while she enjoyed this purpose for which she had been created, the Olden one felt that there was more out there to see. Inspired by tales of the rest of the world, Jen had set out to see it with the help of her sisters.

The same compass that had been gifted by her sisters now sat in Jen’s hand. The silver device glinted in the dappled sunlight coming down through the trees. The dark-haired woman was watching it idly as her mind wandered. A troubled expression sat on her face. A whimsical old dryad at the temple had once told her if she ever left Here to head east. Once she went east enough, she would reach There, and beyond the horizon of There was the rest of the world. The words were purposefully vague and obtuse, like a riddle, but Jen’s wild imagination had taken it in stride.

The compass had been a great help in following that advice from long ago, but Jen was starting to have doubts. “How do I know when I’m east enough?” she muttered to herself, adjusting the satchel on her back. “Where exactly is There? What does it look like?” The trees provided no answer, continuing to stand stoically as she passed. So far, she hadn’t come across any settlements to ask directions at. All she could do for now was keep going east. There had to be some destination she would come upon.

Through the trees, Jen saw a strange figure in a clearing. It was large and dark, a form kneeling to the ground. While it wasn’t uncommon for Gaiyans to roam the forest, this was the first she had encountered on her journey. Most that she had met in years past were friendly, but this creature was huge and rather intimidating. The presence she felt was powerful. Were those… horns? Jen stepped closer, hiding halfway behind a tree but not making a true effort to conceal herself. She was too enamored with watching what the being was doing.

In his hands was a seed, which was dropped to the ground. With his hand held over it, the seed pushed itself into the soil as if it were alive, disappearing from view. Jen tilted her head curiously. Was he burying it for later like a Pikeeku? Several minutes passed, with only the sounds of the forest disturbing the clearing. Jen dared not interrupt.

All of a sudden, where the seed was dropped, a bud appeared from the forest floor. It grew rapidly under the creature’s gaze like its lifespan was happening in a matter of minutes. Jen couldn’t help but let out a gasp of wonderment. Acts of magic such as this were told in stories she’d heard, but now she was seeing one for herself.

Realizing that she’d made her presence known, Jen took a few steps out from behind the tree that had concealed her. Grabbing the skirt edges of her golden dress, she curtsied to the giant creature. Even if the skull that was his head spooked her, she was raised to be polite to everyone.

“Sorry, sir, I didn’t mean to spy on you,” she apologized, clasping her hands behind her back shyly. “Your plant is beautiful.” She looked back towards the sprout, her blue eyes sparkling.

Post WC: 652 Thread WC: 1,052 Tagged: @Aries   Music: Link
Jen
Jen

VylderGold : 5232

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aries Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:24 pm

Rowan

Dr Aries Marrow

The Leshen's gaze remained on the plant for a moment, watching with intrigued as it bloomed. It took to this world so easily, a fascinating discovery in itself. A discovery just for himself. It would seem that the world he had plucked it from, has a strange cohesion with Vyldermire. Surprisingly compatible, sometimes when they visited other realms, any seeds he brought would birth nothing, unable to grow in the soil of the Ilyanor forest. But Ishgar... Ishgar it seemed was most fitting for this world. Was that why it had been so easy for them to return, twenty years whilst seemingly long for some, was quite a brief trip for the Leshen and Valcorac.

The sound of earth being disturbed by footsteps reached his eyes, and he would turn his gaze to its source. A woman, human? No, not human. Slender, petite with hair as black and night and blue eyes, wandering toward him in a golden dress. She would curtsy to him, to which he bowed in greeting. Straightening up, he would raise his palm at her apology, a humble gesture dismissing her need to apologise. "It is quite alright," He told her, before returning his gaze to the plant that was slowly blooming into a small bush, small buds of sakura blossom forming along its branches. "Thank you, it has taken well to the earth." He commented, looking upon her once more.

"Forgive me, it has been some decades since I last came here and I do not recall having met you. In spite of this, I feel a sense of familiarity. You, forgive me for saying, radiate with the essence of this world. Are you perhaps, like myself, a creature of olde?" He queried, intrigued by the aura she emitted, Creatures such as himself were some of the most intune beingd with the planet. They resonated with the worlds in a way most fascinating and whilst she didn't seem to appear quite different to himself, he sensed something quite transcendent about the woman before him.

WC: 339  Total WC: 1391 Tag: @Jen

Last edited by Aries on Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Aries
Aries

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:27 pm

The creature bowed in return to her polite greeting and a small smile tugged at the corner of Jen’s mouth. He seemed a lot less intimidating with the expression of civility, so she relaxed a little. Any apprehension she felt was replaced by curiosity about, well, everything. His appearance seemed familiar, like someone described in one of the many tales she had heard. So many questions she wanted to ask, but peppering a stranger with a barrage of them would be rude, so she held her tongue for the moment.

Jen looked back to the plant when the stranger did. It had grown more in the little time that her attention had been elsewhere. Small pink flowers bloomed steadily along its branches now, a pleasant burst of color among the green forest floor.

Her eyes widened a little as he asked about her species. Perhaps he was more powerful than she had realized. It now made sense that if she could feel his presence a little when she’d approached, he could feel her connection to the world as a Creature of Olde. “I am,” she replied with a nod. “I’m one of the five guardians of the temple of Selene.”

At this point, she felt that he had proven trustworthy. If he had ill intent he likely would have acted by now. Closing her eyes and breathing out a long breath, Jen focused. For a moment, she transformed into her true appearance, the one she had worn for so long at the temple. Long, elegant robes hung from her form in various shades of white and blue. Her pitch black hair was the complete opposite, a snowy white. Both her eyes and her skin glowed with the silvery likeness of moonlight.

In a heartbeat, the change was reversed. Jen hadn’t realized it, but forming her true appearance outside of the temple was quite exhausting. There, it hadn’t taken any effort at all due to the holy nature of the temple grounds. She had been made to protect that place, so in turn it fueled the magic of her and her sisters. Apparently out in the world it was a different story. Her sisters had always warned that some species would try to capture the five if they saw their moonlike appearances. Maybe this was a natural failsafe built in to protect them.

Jen let out a large sigh, feeling drained. “Sorry,” she said breathlessly, placing her satchel on the ground. Her shoulders held a slight hunch of weariness. “I figured you might recognize me if you saw my true form. You feel familiar too. Who are you, if I may ask?” She struggled to tear her gaze away from him. Some stories she had heard over the years were starting to come to mind. Surely this couldn’t be that Gaiyan, right? Jen awaited his answer with bated breath.

Post WC: 478 Thread WC: 1,530 Tagged: @Aries Music: Link

Jen
Jen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aries Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:57 am

Rowan

Dr Aries Marrow

Selene, the moon goddess. He would nod in understanding, quiet as he bore witness to her transformation. The yellow attire replaced with the robe of white and blue, the dark hue of her hair lightening to the colour of snow. Her new appearance, most fittings reminded him of the gentle glow of the light of the moon. And then in the swiftest of moments, it was gone once more and she returned to her more human appearance.

"Fascinating." He uttered, following her explanation with a nod, "Thank you for showing me, I too have a human form, but I only use it on this mainland." He informed her, before undergoing his own transformation. He would glow with a soft light, his figure changing to a more human shape, as the light faded he would appear as a man. With shoulder-length blonde hair and blue eyes, standing at the height of six feet and five inches tall. As he spoke to her, his voice remained the same, "It helps me blend in greatly, my true form tends to be quite alarming for humans. They sooner presume I am Eldritch than Gaiyan, which for some causes quite hostile reactions."

He would notice that she seemed slightly out of breath, "Would you like to sit perhaps?" He offered, he would raise his palm over the earth, and there would be the slightest rumble. After a moment, wood would sprout from the earth, coiling out of the ground before looping back into the earth. It would continue to grow, becoming thicker with each fleeting moment until it finally came to a halt. Shaped very much like a low arch, with a straight section that was wide and long enough for them both to sit on.

"Why of course you may," He would take a seat on the tree bench that he had created, "At present, I go by Dr Aries Marrow, a name gifted to me by the humans. However, the name you might be more familiar with, my Gaiyan name is Bógiervestabron." He would turn his gaze to her, watching her expression to see if she knew of him, and just what she knew of him if she did, before adding; "May I ask your name?"

WC: 368  Total WC: 1903 Tag: @Jen

Aries
Aries

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sun May 02, 2021 10:35 pm

Jen watched with interest as the other creature of olde began his own transformation. After glowing with a soft light, he appeared as a man taller than she. Blonde hair fell to his shoulders and his eyes were similarly blue to her own. This appearance was much less intimidating. Jen nodded in agreement as he explained that many thought he was Eldritch based on his true form. Humans tended to be more scared of unusual looking creatures, assuming the worst out of fear.

“Yes, please,” Jen replied shyly. She hadn’t expected to get this exhausted so quickly. The Gaiyan started growing something from the earth again with a wave of his hand. Jen was excited to realize he had created a bench for the two. She made sure the skirt of her dress was tucked neatly underneath her as she took a seat. The wood was very much alive, which she discovered as she ran her hands over the arch. “Amazing,” she whispered to herself with a grin, then turned back to her new acquaintance.

He would introduce himself by two names, the second of which caused Jen’s eyes to go as wide as saucers. “Bógiervestabron?” she asked breathlessly. That name was one of legend, stories of which had passed through the Temple of Selene as frequently as travelers. Talk of a creature of olde, taller than most men with a skull for a head that had long, twisted horns. Gaiyans had spoken of one who had been voluntarily enslaved to an Eldritch being. The more proud ones had told the tale with a condescending air, voiced their disgust at the acts they deemed traitorous to Gaiyan-kind. Others had spoken it with an air of sorrow as if it were a personal friend who had fallen to this fate. Jen had heard so many sides of the story that she didn’t know what to believe.

Now, that very Gaiyan was sitting next to her in the forest on a live tree bench. He had asked her name, and it took a minute for the words to register in her brain. Jen had to shake herself free of her racing thoughts, realizing that her silence was becoming rude.

“J-Jenevieve Vanderhart,” she stammered out, hardly able to form words. Knowing she was in the presence of such a legendary creature of olde was almost too much to process. To her, he looked much too peaceful and friendly to have the reputation that preceded him. Maybe that was her own optimism speaking, or perhaps the tales told of Bógiervestabron had exaggerated him beyond rationality.

“I apologize for my rudeness,” Jen said, breaking eye contact to look down at her hands. “I’ve heard a lot about you, Dr. Aries.”

Post WC: 455 Thread WC: 1,985 Tagged:  @Aries   Music: Link
Jen
Jen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aries Mon May 10, 2021 11:51 pm

Rowan

They danced through the day , And into the night through the snow that swept through the hall from winter to summer then winter again,
Dr Aries Marrow

With his human features, he would express a face of appreciation at her remark. "It is but my nature, wielding the earth comes as naturally to me as your own affinity comes to you I'm sure. At least, perhaps when you are in the place it is best wielded, is that possibly why it has strained you so?" He asked, this had to be the first time he had every come across across a moon guardian, in all his years on this world. What a rarity that was, to experience a first, a sentiment that he took a mild appreciation in.

As she repeated his true name in the manner, he would take in her gaze curiously. It wasn't a surprise that she had heard of him, but the stories she had been told could have been a variety of conjurings. Some truthful, some untruthful, some over-exaggerated, some under-exegerrated. He had no intention of prying into what she knew, she hadn't reacted in anger, so at the least she didn't seem as passionate about his past as some of his kind.

He would bow his head in greeting, "It is a pleasure to make your acquantance, Jenevieve Vanderhart." He replied, watching the falling of the woman's gaze as she offered an apology for her behaviour. He would look toward the Sakuramori plant, which had now bloomed into a beautiful bush of pinks and pastel petals. "It is quite alright, I am well aware of the stories. Worry not Jenevieve, your reaction does not offend me," He told her, it would take a great deal to offend the Leshen. He hadn't felt shame in many centuries, he had his sire to thank for that.

"Should you wish to, you are welcome to ask me about them.  If I cannot answer then I will tell you so, but I will do my best to alleviate any curiousity you may have."

WC: 318  Total WC: 2303 Tag: @Jen

Aries
Aries

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sun May 23, 2021 7:44 pm

“Yes, it seems being away from the temple makes it much more difficult,” Jen agreed, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. The moon’s magic had been so easy to access back home that she had taken it for granted. Using magic must feel as natural as walking for Aries in this forest.

---

Jen let out a quiet sigh of relief. He hadn’t taken offense to her reaction, luckily. Stories passed around from person to person had made their way to him too. What all had he heard about himself? It couldn’t be easy to know you were being talked about by so many. Maybe he had become numb to it over time. The thought sent a pang of sadness to her heart.

He offered the chance for her to ask questions. Jen had so many, it was hard to pick just one to start with. For a moment silence filled the air as she mulled it over, her eyes trained on the flowers of the plant Aries had grown. The pink was beautiful, but her attention was hardly there.

At last, she piped up. “Why?” she asked, quietly. “Why did you do it? Willingly enslave yourself to an Eldritch?” It was a heavy question, but it pierced right through to the center of all the questionable stories she had heard. If she could know why, that would weed out a lot of the false information passed around.

Post WC: 239 Thread WC: 2,224 Tagged:  @Aries   Music: Link
Jen
Jen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aries Wed May 26, 2021 8:37 pm

Rowan

They danced through the day , And into the night through the snow that swept through the hall from winter to summer then winter again,
Dr Aries Marrow

Aries would not move his gaze from the bush,  pondering how to answer her question. It had come to no surprise that this would be her question of choice, it was undoubtedly the one thing her peers amongst the Gaiyans were most curious of. And while he did consider some of the contents that steered his answer to be quite sensitive, he would not deter him from answering.

"The world that we reside in, Vyldermire, from which our kind is born. It is a beautiful and glorious realm, with wonders unknown, to be treasured and protected by us. In my younger days of Gaiyanhood, I failed to understand my role in this world. My values were superficial and as a result of my haste, I learned that my path was not as rigid as it seemed." He explained, reaching out, he would turn his palm over and with this action, the blossom bush would shoot upward. Stretching higher and higher until it towered above them, its branches arching out above them. The tree shaking so vigorously would cause pink blossom petals to fall from its branches. Showering the Moon Guardian and the Leshen as the tree settled to stillness once more.

"There was no punishment great enough to undo the atrocities that I committed in devotion to this realm, and whilst I received forgiveness from our kind. I could not forgive myself. It was a time of great despair, and in desperation, I sought to be removed from this world. The one I serve now, whilst I cannot tell you of him, I can tell you that if it were not for him, I would no longer exist. I have a purpose, and for that, I am eternally grateful to him. So much so that I would wander in his shadow for the foreseeable millennia, should he wish for me to do so." The Leshen's voice, which had for the most part remained neutral, would have the touch of fondness when talking about his master. He turned to look at the girl, giving her what he knew to be a warm smile on a human's face.

"Is my answer satisfactory, Jenevieve?"

WC: 361  Total WC: 2585 Tag: @Jen

Last edited by Aries on Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aries
Aries

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:04 pm

Jen listened as the Leshen told his tale, her blue eyes wide. She nodded in agreement as he spoke of the majesty of Vyldermire. It was in her nature, and the nature of most Gaiyans, to want to love and protect this land they were created from. Apparently in his younger days, he had made some mistakes and placed value in superficial things. The moonlet felt a pang of admiration for the older creature. She could tell he was much older than her, so he must have had many years to think about his past and have this clarity in his reflections. To know and accept one’s mistakes was something valuable.

As he spoke, Aries manipulated the pink-flowered plant again. To Jen’s amazement, the growth skyrocketed, bringing the plant high above their heads. The tree was shaking petals down with the sudden movement. A smile crossed Jen’s face, enchanted for a moment by the pink rain falling around them.

Her face grew somber as he continued. It sounded like the Eldritch had saved Aries’ life from his own unforgiveness, giving him a purpose. The way he spoke of his master was with an air of fondness. Jen sat quietly, pondering all that she had heard. Aries’ master seemed almost kind, but her instinctual wariness of Eldritch had her wondering if that was true. How could a Gaiyan care so much for an Eldritch to the point of willful enslavement? It was a concept she had never pondered before, something she would have to try to understand after a lot of thinking. Jen knew she was sheltered from the outside world at the temple and still had a lot to learn.

“Yes,” she said, but the tone of her voice told otherwise. There was still so much about the arrangement she couldn’t understand. “What kind of things does your master have you do?” the moonlet asked, clasping her hands in her lap.

Post WC: 321 Thread WC: 2,906 Tagged: @Aries   Music: Link
Jen
Jen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aries Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:29 pm

Rowan

Dr Aries Marrow

It was admittedly rather pleasant to have found himself in the company of such an amicable and friendly being like Jenevieve. Many Gaiyan's either had little interest in the Leshen or little patience for his time, it was a nice change of pace to be permitted a conversation from one of his own. He had heard of Moon Guardians, but never had he interacted with one before. He pondered what her life as a guardian might have been like, the duties she would have lived by and what kind of prior experiences she might have had. Idly, he would hope to learn more about her life if possible, although he didn't maintain any great expectations from the girl. He would be merely grateful for any fragments of knowledge she'd be willing to offer.

He would cock his head to the sky, bringing a hand to his chin as he ponded her question. Envisioning the sorts of things his master would have him do, it was rather a broad spectrum of tasks to cover. He would choose to summarise what he could, without divulging in any details that would prove problematic for Elijah. "I mostly just aid him in day to day matters, organising the household and keeping a track of his affairs. I guess... one might consider me more of a personal assistant. Sometimes I liaise in his place, my Master is very wise, however, he is far more in tune with more human emotions than I. Not that he would admit it mind you," He added, emitted a sudden sound, not unlike a chortle cut short. "It is, occasionally, easier if I speak on his behalf, on account of my placid nature."

There were some tasks that might have been more unpleasant, or sordid, but Aries decided not to share such matters with the girl. Keeping her in the understanding of the more generic jobs undertaken by the Leshen seemed to be the best direction for the conversation. "I hope you don't mind me asking but, have you had much experience in person with Eldritch or  Humans during your time on Mirinah soil?" The girl's reaction to the Leshen and his situation had fascinated the creature, she seemed to be very patient and he couldn't quite tell what it was she was thinking. He deduced that would be easier to garner a better understanding based on just how much she had endured when interacting with the other races roaming their world.

WC: 412  Total WC: 3318 Tag: @Jen

Aries
Aries

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:12 pm

“Oh, I see,” Jen responded, a little surprise in her voice. Based on her misgivings about Eldritch, she had expected more sinister tasks to be asked of the older Gaiyan, things like kidnapping or stealing. However, as Aries explained it, he was more of a personal assistant and a public face when his master needed. That sounded more like a job and less like enslavement. The thought of her own cynicism towards Eldritch left a bad taste in her mouth. She hadn’t realized just how much the stories from other Gaiyans had influenced her perceptions and prejudices. Aries’ master sounded almost personable, a perception only furthered by the amused noise he had let out when describing how in tune his master was with human emotions.

He asked about her experiences with Eldritch and Humans. Jen took a moment to recollect, catching a pink petal in her palm and observing it. “Most of those who come through the temple are Gaiyans and Anthros,” she explained, forgetting to explain what the temple was as she assumed he already knew. “Very rarely a human would come through. Most of them were kind and unassuming. Eldritch though…” she hesitated, afraid to admit her own recently realized prejudices. “I haven’t met any,” she conceded. “If there were ever Eldritch near the temple, I never saw nor heard of them.”

Post WC: 224 Thread WC: 3,542 Tagged:  @Aries   Music: Link
Jen
Jen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum