Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
My Soul Is Elder Fires... [OPEN] WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» SINGLE'S NIGHT [OPEN EVENT]
by Luchta Dagda Today at 5:21 pm

» Quest Turn In
by Daphne Today at 4:25 pm

» Bonus Chapter :: Shipment Saboteurs. [Event]
by Colter Today at 4:25 pm

» VYLDERMIRE RPG :: HOGWARTS HOUSES
by Luchta Dagda Today at 3:41 pm

» Character App. Submissions Thread
by Bahadur Today at 3:37 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ███████████ 22
ELDRITCH ████████████ 23
GAIYANS ██████ 12
ANTHROS █████ 9
HYBRID ███ 5
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Donations

My Soul Is Elder Fires... [OPEN]

Go down

My Soul Is Elder Fires... [OPEN] Empty My Soul Is Elder Fires... [OPEN]

Post by Vigni Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:42 pm

How long had it been?

His soul never wavered, not in the slightest. Even in his slumber, he warmed up the homes of humans, elves, demons and Anthros. He felt like a little torch being lit up by a young kid, but he also felt like an unrelenting forest fire turning the ground ashy… waiting for the seeds of death to grow into new life. This fire was so… so destructive. In any way, shape or form, it had the potential to burn away everything around it. If not watched over and controlled, it would definitely scorch all of vision and form.

It was dangerous… and so was Vigni.

Sightings of a huge fire worried the Gaiyans and Anthros at first, but the Gaiyans soon learned of its identity as Vigni. When that was confirmed, anxiety dwindled down – Vigni was no malevolent spirit. While embodying the element of fire in its very being, it knew more than most about how terrible its violent, hostile actions could be. This fire was no weapon and tool to take lightly, and any with insight would know that.

My Soul Is Elder Fires... [OPEN] 90IvkzF

The huge fire stretched about a quarter of the height of Dragonspear Peak’s tallest point. Its heat was strong enough to reach across the land, warning the neighboring wildlife and sentient inhabitants of its presence. That was when Vigni stepped out of the fire, manifested in the form of a 50 feet tall entity with long arms and legs resembling those of a… w-wendigo? It even had the horns for one… but its facial features composed only of a triangle in the middle of its face accompanied by its emerald-like eyes with no pupils. It had yellow, glowing lines drawn on its crimson-red body as well. Its arms ended in long, predatory hands with sharp, black claws – they looked like icicles made of charcoal. Its horns looked like long, thin ears with green gems at its four ends.

The world… it was at a state of relief. The fires around were for content and labour… but Vigni felt that some had fires in their hearts too. Just like back then, people possessed fires within them too, right? Vigni could see those fires… and he admired them.

To turn emotions into fire was a strange and mystical phenomenon. Fires weren’t always gallant and virtuous, however – Vigni was reminded of that. Fires could be… seductive. Alluring. Any manifestation of power could be a trap for the wrong type of people.

Vigni simply walked out of the huge fire, and as his form was separated from it, the fire died down… the sightings ended, and people were intrigued. From that point on, the only lights emitting from the late evening hue over Dragonspear Peak were from Vigni’s claws etching words into the mountain walls.

Fire.

Flame.

Sun.

Heat.

Blaze.

Burn.

Passion.

Pleasure.

Pain.

Erasure.

Char.

Black.

Light.

Plasma.

Red.

Orange.

White.

Breath.

Wood.

Air.

Warmth.

Scorch.

Inferno.

Vitae Igni.

Those were among the many words etched on the walls in smoking flames. Vigni found himself to a cave and simply sat down in a cross-legged position, listening to the distant calls of the trees in the plains. They said hello to him, and he replied ‘hello’ to them. He was fire, but he was also living...

The sightings of his tall mountain fire would echo little across the plains and land. However, the temperature around Ilyanor rose significantly.

WC: 572 (x1 Novice Rank Freeform WC reached)

Last edited by Vigni on Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vigni
Vigni

VylderGold : 50164

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My Soul Is Elder Fires... [OPEN] Empty Look, something shiny!

Post by Yuji Shimaru Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:28 pm

Yuji really wanted to say that he was in the mountains with reason. He really wished that there was a goal for him to be here. Sadly, there was none. The Gaiyan was lost. Utterly, without any doubt, lost. And the boy didn't even know how he came to such a situation. One moment the serpent was trying to flirt with the owner of the cutest nose and next...Well, he had missed his stop, the wagon was who-knows-where, and the driver said that the adventurer needed to get out.

The wisest action would be to wait for another wagon to take him home, but, if he was here, the boy might as well explore. It wasn't like he had anywhere to really be.

Such, on all fours he sprinted through the bushes, up the trees. Some birds were scared, squirrels traumatized and rabbits left confused. Yuji explored, curious to see what this new place had. The spring wind felt lovely on his face. What piqued the man's interest, though, was a scent like no other. His forked tongue popped out, tasted it, and decided he liked it. Spicy, hot, and intense. A flavor that, for sure, deserved to be explored.

What Yuji didn't expect to see was that burning giant in the cave. There was no malice in its scent as he took another taste with his tongue, but, and he was quite sure about that, the creature tasted old. Carefully, the Gaiyan approached on two legs, but in a position that allowed him to get on all four, and escape if needed.

There was a spark in his eyes, as well as, excitement in the boy's voice as he spoke. "Ummm, hello! Do you understand me? You look shiny!"
Yuji Shimaru
Yuji Shimaru

VylderGold : 1673

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My Soul Is Elder Fires... [OPEN] Empty Re: My Soul Is Elder Fires... [OPEN]

Post by Vigni Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:57 pm

… This was still Ilyanor. A peaceful island with little buzz, seemingly untouched by malevolent hands. The trees swayed their branches in gratulations, having welcome him back home – Vigni’s aura lowered in intensity in response to their gentle greetings, acknowledging their importance and fondness.

However, he sensed disturbed spirits. Some developed fright all of a sudden, the entities living in the trees and bushes further away… and someone was approaching the spirit’s location at a fast rate. The trees warned him of a reptilian humanoid, an ancient’s approach to his fiery entrance into the world of the wake. Vigni knew what an ancient was meant to be…

An old creature of legend.

Vigni remained silent in the arrival of the draconian, simply lowering his gaze down towards the one with a forked, snake-like tongue. And he immediately felt it… a deep, inner fire akin to those he had admired from times past. It was so visible to the Spirit of Fire as the heat and blazes concentrated around the other ancient, an invisible soul with a burning fire in its belly.

Vigni rose his huge, clawed hand and pointed down at the stony ground right in front of the serpent. Fiery energy gathered in Vigni’s body, birthing the energy of fire deep within his being, lighting up his red form and solid, glass-like skin, with which he began scratching out the word ‘Y E S’ on the granite with one claw, left by trails of scorched stone. Vigni had no means of verbal communication, so this was his only option.

WC: 261
TWC: 833

Last edited by Vigni on Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vigni
Vigni

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuji Shimaru Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:22 am

The boy's eyes widened in wonderment as the huge figure scorched letters in the solid stone. Caution was thrown out of the window, him getting closer to the hot being, almost buzzing with all of the excitement under his skin. Yuji may have experienced magic before and, yes, he may have set a chicken or two on fire, but none of it looked as half impressive, as the large fire being in front of him. "That's...Wow! Quite impressive." The serpent, though, started to think what those letters actually meant, as he was too excited before to actually pay attention to their meaning. "Oh wait, you can't speak?" The boy pouted, poking the letters with his golden tail. "What are you doing in this cave all alone, hmm?"

It was then that he decided to finally sit down, legs crossed, in front of the fire elemental while taking in the surrounding...Nothingness. At least the cave wasn't small, though, that didn't mean much if there was anything interesting. Except for the fire-thing. It was interesting. Yuji wondered if it had a name. If not, he had no problems in giving it one. Maybe two. Yes, two, that would be cool! "Name's Yuji, by the way!"
Yuji Shimaru
Yuji Shimaru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigni Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:57 pm

Who was this reptilian creature? Vigni sensed divine energies from him, but nothing else tinkered with the creature’s memory. Whatever the case was with this individual, they were full of energy and very excited to meet the spirit. They showcased inner fire as well… it drew Vigni closer as the giant inspected the dragon-like person glaring at all the words that he had written on the granite walls.

Vigni simply nodded in response to Yuji’s next question, showing his incapacity for speaking in tongue. It was never really a problem before as Vigni could write out any words that he wanted to usher, but the next question could also be answered with action. Vigni was in a cross-legged position at the opening of the cave, and through his glass-like, flaming body, black amphibians strolled towards Yuji.

Salamanders.

They were even burning, affected by Vigni’s body who heated up in a hurry, growing hot enough to cause rocky grass and shrubbery in the cave to wrinkle. However, despite this, the Salamanders appeared completely unaffected, unharmed and untouched by the blazes licking their amphibian skin.

The amphibians strolled out of the cave and towards the nearest pond while Vigni wrote his name in fire at the air right in front of Yuji’s face. The words spoke longer phrases:

‘I   A M   F I R E      A L L   F I R E      G A I Y A N S   C A L L   M E   V I G N I’

WC: 248
TWC: 1081 (x2 Novice Rank Freeform WC reached in total)

Last edited by Vigni on Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vigni
Vigni

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuji Shimaru Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:54 am

Yuji would have been impressed even more with the flying, shiny letters if he wouldn't have been distracted by the swarm of salamanders. The boy tried petting one, but it got too hot for his hand before he even managed to touch its skin. His hand recoiled from the amphibian before the boy tried again as if the last minute didn't happen. Yuji would then repeat the same process again and again, whining when it got too hot before reaching out once more for the being.

This stopped when the last of them left for the pond, leaving Yuji alone with Vigni. The boy looked almost heartbroken, he really wanted to pet one...Maybe check how they taste, but those creatures were too hot so none of that. The sullen mood didn't last long, though, as the serpent remembered he had a potential friend right in front of him. "So...Vigni..." Yuji was planning to offer him playing catch or something but a different, more pressing, question popped up in his mind. "Hey, actually, how do you eat? Can you eat? What do you like to eat?" Yuji couldn't imagine how sad it would be if the creature couldn't eat. Apples were really nice and he saw some on his way here. "I wonder if I give him some apples, would it become my friend?" Yuji thought.
Yuji Shimaru
Yuji Shimaru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigni Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:12 pm

The salamanders earlier were in quite a hurry to reach the pond further down the cliff… but leave them be. While it pained the creature in front of the spirit of fire, Vigni respected the Salamanders deeply and supported their decision to move away from them right now. Even if Yuji was sad, it appeared that the draconian Gaiyan found himself re-captivated pretty quickly by Vigni’s still presence. And then…

A rather strange question was asked to the Spirit. Spirits don’t eat – they can emulate the same actions, but they require no physical sustenance as they are, well, spirits. With that in his blazing mind, Vigni scratched the ground once more, so that the blackening scorch was clear enough to read out the words:

‘I   R E Q U I R E   N O   F O O D      I   S I M P L Y   B U R N   A N D   F E E D   O N   A I R’

WC: 162
TWC: 1243

Last edited by Vigni on Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vigni
Vigni

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuji Shimaru Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:40 pm

A new answer was scorched on the ground, deepening the pout Yuji already had. "B-But...Food is soooo good! Like...Like..." The gaiyan's eyes lit up again as he started thinking about all the tasty things he had managed to try since...Has it been a month? Maybe two? Nevertheless, he was practically vibrating from the excitement. "Couple of days ago I tried this thing that was an apple but had sweet, hard stuff around. Or...Or..." By now the boy's tail was repeatedly hitting the ground as it couldn't wait to do something. "You know, there are these soft things, bread, but filled with sweet stuffing. Sometimes it's red, like when you cut open something, but sometimes it's brown or, even, white." Another dreamy sight that soon got accompanied by a growling sound coming from his stomach. Seemed that all this talking about food had made the serpent hungry.

"I think my stomach didn't like all this food talk." He giggled while taking a glance back to the verdant forest. Wasn't there a cherry tree somewhere nearby? "But really, what are you and your flaming..." Yuji squinted trying to come up with the name for the amphibians on fire, suddenly widening his eyes when a new revelation blew everything else from the gaiyan's mind. "Were those your babies!? Are you a mom...Dad...Thing..." He then became nervous, realizing that he may have kept Vigni away from his babies just because he was too polite to brush Yuji off. "Shouldn't we go and catch your babies? They left."
Yuji Shimaru
Yuji Shimaru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigni Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:03 pm

Food sure sounded good… but again; Vigni was a spirit. Spirits seldom ate anything, for they lived by the purest definition on their own. However, he still knew about food – fires were often used to bake bread and meat, and Vigni witnessed that. Therefore, when Yuji mentioned those examples, Vigni simply nodded in agreement.

It turned a little weirder once Yuji referred to the Salamanders as Vigni’s offspring. Vigni didn’t birth anything other than fire, so the Salamanders were not from him… only their invincibility against the heat of fires. He simply wrote on the floor once more, using his claw to char the ground with lines to make up the letters for the word:

‘N O’

Then, after he wrote that, he rose up on his auric feet – standing about 50 feet tall – as his head had to exit the cave itself in order to evade the ceiling. Vigni advanced forwards and reached the pond further away from them in only a few steps due to his size and the length of his red, glass-like legs.

The pond was inhabited by various Salamanders, all black with yellow dots all over them. On the pond’s surface, his face and body was reflected back at him… what a strange avatar. Vigni even turned his face to look at the sides, noticing the glass dome on his back that contained such vast, ridiculous amounts of primordial energies. The core of his very self…

Looking at his reflection reminded him of a memory from days past… of the festival. The Great Pyre. And the orange glows…

And the screams as well.

The Salamanders would waddle up from the pond and approach not Vigni, but the scaly companion with him today. While they surrounded and glared at the creature with upmost curiosity and carefulness, Vigni stayed by the pond in a state of sorrow… as if something upset him.

My Soul Is Elder Fires... [OPEN] Giphy

And then, all of a sudden, while the Salamanders kept Yuji company, Vigni cried out and went up in raging flames, not able to contain his auric essences – emotions… emotions boiled up within him and took physical form.

WC: 357
TWC: 1600 (x3 Novice Rank Freeforms WC reached, 100 WC in excess)
Vigni
Vigni

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum