The Spirit Of FireRace:
Creature of OldeGender / Sexuality:
Genderless / AsexualAge:
Vigni is very attuned and protective of nature, as it befits any Gaiyan. He shows very few traits similar to most sentient beings when one observes his behaviors – he does appear to interact with other living creatures around him in friendliness, but his muteness and stoic, unchanging attitude makes him look like a harmless giant. Due to his only way of speech being through letters of fire, Vigni shows great artistic spirit and interest in appearing majestic, elevated and all-powerful. His behavior to other beings and creatures varies little; if met by an Eldritch, he is prone to grow aggressive and light up in fire as a means of intimidation. However, rarely does he desire to harm any living creature unless absolutely necessary… and even rarer is witnessing him directly harming someone with his power and lordship over fire.
To fellow Gaiyans and other virtuous creatures, he appears docile and welcoming of their company despite his usual, gargantuan size. Vigni likes to stay in his mystic zone, to appear otherworldly and speak like so through his words of fire, to be almost riddle-like in his choice of words, and to judge those who draw closer to him as a way to protect himself from evil. For the most part, due to his most preferred size being above treetops, Vigni prefers to isolate himself in the woods and gaze up at the stars at night, feeling like just another part of the great spirit of the universe…History
Vigni was born when fire was born in this world. The souls of fire gathered around a single point in the island of Ilyanor, where the sentience of Vigni was born. Vigni has, in a simplification, been the living glow in any blaze, any spark and any ember that has breathed the air of Vyldermire. His spirit has lived in these fires, but only in the latest couple of millenia did such an avatar as he is now manifest in the heart of Ilyanor.
As a Gaiyan and a Creature of Olde, Vigni’s top priority has always been to uphold the balance of nature. He believes that the world and its encompassing nature is his mother, and the presence of any creature is a part of a bigger plan. Every living being is designated a role; either to benefit the world around them or to oppose it. Vigni, despite his docile and passive nature, has fought relentlessly in the past in the Great War as a reaction to all the destruction that occurred to his beloved woods.
As of today, he’s enclosed himself in the woods of Ilyanor where various groups of dry-skinned, lizard-like amphibians live. These amphibians are the most common guests of the Spirit of Fire, and as a reward for their endless, harmless company, Vigni has granted all of them immunity to the damaging, dangerous properties of any fire.
Vigni only ventures out into the mainland if his curiosity drives him enough… which didn’t happen often in the past. However, the growing presence of Humans and other species besiege him more and more to interact with them… perhaps, this is nature’s work and will as well.Likes:Woods & Trees
- Some would believe that it's because of how wood is mostly used for burning, but Vigni accompanies trees and woods for any other reason than that. They're like his actual friends, and he keeps them company during these peaceful times...Fire
- Being the living manifestation of fire, Vigni finds comfort finding himself living on in other sources of fire such as torches, bonfires & embers from a chimney.Tenacious People
- People who show great endurance and fortitude intrigue Vigni more than anyone else.Dislikes:Wood Burning
- Please, do not burn wood in his presence. He will substitute as a living bonfire if necessary to spare his wooden friends.Eldritch
- He has an innate fear and contempt of Eldritch entities, which is justified by his own nature.Provokers
- Among the most shameless of sins according to the Spirit of Fire is 'playing with fire', both literally and figuratively.Goal/Aspiration:
Vigni serves the world's natural order - he will protect the natural habitats with all of his might.Key Fear/Adversary:
If the world was to grow black and lightless one day, then Vigni's greatest fear would come to light... as ironic as that phrase sounds.
50 feet (15.24 m)Body Type:
Burly, glass-like skin with visible blazes emitting through.Hair:
Several nuances of red and orange.Overall Appearance:
- Vigni, Spirit of Fire: