Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
Keeping cool in the heat [Open]  WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» The Custom Job
by wes Today at 2:54 am

» Week Hiatus~
by Jen Today at 2:46 am

» Dagger No More [Leon]
by Percy Today at 2:22 am

» SINGLE'S NIGHT [OPEN EVENT]
by Emi Kazama Yesterday at 4:34 pm

» My Isekai Paradise?! [open]
by Bleuenn Bosser Yesterday at 11:37 am

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ███████████ 22
ELDRITCH ████████████ 23
GAIYANS ██████ 12
ANTHROS █████ 9
HYBRID ███ 5
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this week
Percy
Keeping cool in the heat [Open]  I_vote_lcapKeeping cool in the heat [Open]  I_voting_barKeeping cool in the heat [Open]  I_vote_rcap 
Jen
Keeping cool in the heat [Open]  I_vote_lcapKeeping cool in the heat [Open]  I_voting_barKeeping cool in the heat [Open]  I_vote_rcap 
Leon Hoffman
wes

Donations

Keeping cool in the heat [Open]

Go down

Keeping cool in the heat [Open]  Empty Keeping cool in the heat [Open]

Post by Sacha Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:25 am

Marvelous simply marvelous! The scent and smell of the realm at hand soothed the senses of the youth. Cities were nice and all with their architecture and diversity of culture; everything was perfectly splendid in fact besides the space issue. Too many people were too closely cramped for one such as Sacha. Open heavily wooded forests were a place of refuge to escape the mortal mind's quest for entertainment. With the large flower pack filled with a fishing pole and some supplies, Sacha had set off into the Hoptus forest. Every step taken prior to his arrival was a welcome transition into calm.

Garbed in the comfortable confines of the scarf Sacha adjusted his long sleeve silk shirt while observing the sunflower tucked in the belt loop of his pants. Joy touched his mind and soul at the sight of the sunflower causing a smile to appear beneath the scarf. "It's so peaceful here.." Sacha whispered listening to the wildlife going on around him as he moved. It had to be somewhere close by for sure, the fishing hole the little town's boy spoke of. Overhead branches clustered together with light peeking through to bathe Sacha in light. Specs of pollen and dust wafted through the air dancing across his vision, past that freshwater greeted him.

Wide-eyed and excited Sacha hustled to the water's edge dropping the woven pack down the gear was set into place. Using the bucket it was filled with fresh water to put catches on the side. Next was a small shovel he used to quickly dig up some bait to use. Whipping the rod out he fastened a worm to the edge and cast off. Sliding the pants legs up he sat with both feet in the water. Thankfully there was a tree just off to the side providing shade over his very spot. For a spring day, it sure was pretty warm. Allowing the silence to absorb him Sacha sat perfectly calm allowing all things to take their course. The only thing that would make this fishing trip better would be a companion.

Rolling his eyes slowly they fell upon the lunch box at his side. A snack could also provide the perfect companion on an empty stomach!
Sacha
Sacha

VylderGold : 138

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Keeping cool in the heat [Open]  Empty Re: Keeping cool in the heat [Open]

Post by Logos Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:18 am

Being caged in stone armor-like skin more often than not had its fair share of disadvantages; Logos had been quick to find out. However, centuries of wearing this second skin had desensitized him to most discomforts. All, except one:

Heat.

Blistering, drying... Heat. In his eyes, heat was the source of all evil. A part of nature that of which he could not smite, it was always made worse by his armor. Thus, hot was an understatement when it came to the large boar. It was downright suffocating. And he thanked magic that boars naturally lacked the ability to sweat. Otherwise,  hot days would drive him utterly insane.

Long ago, Logos would have found himself a mud pit and reveled in the joys of some pleasant, cooling dirt. This was now impossible, of course; unthinkable. And for such, he had resorted to using any body of water he could dip his hooves into. It was better than nothing, after all! So now, on such hot a day, he found himself swimming along with the fishes in one of the few watering-holes that were deep enough to accommodate his huge size.

At some point, he felt an uncomfortable tug at his side and he shook his body in an attempt to remove whatever had lodged itself. Though it seemed to have some resistance, pulling slightly back at pushed onward and shook himself, it soon unlodged itself. Logos could feel a small prickle of pain and soon decided it'd be best he left the water.

In one large heave did his whole head breach the water's surface, causing a splash around him. He turned, only to come face-to-face with-

"Oh, a human."

His large glowing, yellow orbs stared directly into the human's purple ones. He was surprised to see a man sitting at the edge of the water. And in his surprise, his voice sounded not surprised at all. "Excuse me for my rudeness," Logos slowly made his way to a farther side of the edge, careful not to cause any more of a splash. He hopped out, causing the ground to tremble slightly at his heavy step. The water rippled.

"You caught me by surprise, human. I was not expecting any company as you can see," he shook himself off, drops of water flying about as he did so. "What has brought you to the forest on such a hot day? I must say I don't think we've met?" He perked up at seeing the man's fishing rod. "Oh, fishing? I think you have hooked yourself a big catch," he snorted happily at the joke as he finished shaking off. He was in good spirits now that he had taken such a nice dip.

WC: 444 | Total: 444 | @Sacha
Logos
Logos

VylderGold : 106

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacha Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:49 am

With the smouldering rays of the sun, Sacha hummed in pure pleasure as he indulged in lunch. Inside his magic lunch box was a premade triple-decker sammich with four choocy milks! One could never not have a plethora of choocy milk! The sun's rays bathed him in radiant light which boosted the good vibes coming from his soul. Suddenly there was a tug on the line, energy levels spiked as the adrenaline kicked in. Grabbing the pole his slender frame began to rock with glee, he was gonna catch him a big one! Tugging a few times the line suddenly came cleanout.

At first, Sacha cursed then gawked in utter surprise and fear. A metal helmed head greeted him with tusks and eyes beyond his lifetime. Not only was this being before him a giant tusk armored boar but a speaking one at that with eyes like color in the night. Fear paralyzed him for just a moment before he let out a high-pitched cry of alarm. "H-H-HI! I-I-I'm S-S-Sacha!!" Whatever color Sacha had left had vanished from his face the moment Logos had popped its head free of the surface. An open mouth expression of surprise greeted Logos visage.  Fear had paralyzed the youth into stillness even as Logos hopped out the lad barely wavered with the tremble.

"Y-Y-You also caught me by surprise Aha ha. Sorry if my hook poked you too hard!" Sacha had managed to move his body to face the being beside him. To the normal eye he might seem brave, he was too stricken with fear to do anything else. As the being asked him questions, Sacha simply nodded his head. Reaching out he slowly grabbed the opened chocolate milk and began to drink it down. He needed something to parch his dry throat after shouting in surprise. Cracking a broad smile this being had jokes blushing softly Sacha hid his face in the scarf. The longer the heartbeats went by the calmer he felt with Logos so close. "I admit you are the first catch of my life, I think I did a good job." Grinning broadly Sacha took the good humor into stride allowing himself to open up a bit more.

I am sorry about yelling at you earlier. Please take this as my apology! Nothing beats good chocolate milk!"  Taking up one of the milk carts  Sacha opened it and held it up for Logos to partake of. "Were you using the pool to cool off? Might I inquire about how you came to be in this armor?" Intrigue burned behind violet hues while joy played out beneath the folds of the scarf. So this here was a Creature of Olde and he was truly a marvelous being to behold. So, what's your name?"

@Logos
Sacha
Sacha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Logos Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:51 pm

The man's reaction to Logos sudden emergence had not been an unexpected one. Even he, with his large stature and body, would have also been surprised if an even bigger creature had spontaneously presented himself. It's not like having come face-to-face with the human had not startled him in the least.

So he laughed, a deep, resounding chuckle coupled with yet another snort. The ordeal was an amusing one and, thankfully, it seemed the human had taken it all in stride. Though, they did seem somewhat nervous.

"..."

Logos remained silent, watching over the human who called himself Sacha scramble around to drink his drink. Humans in the forest were not necessarily a rarity these days. However, most had ulterior motives when it came to Hoptus and just by looking at him it seemed this one had no harmful intentions.

"Well met, Sacha the Human," Logos bowed his head slightly. "No, you did not hurt me at all. Such a small hook would leave no more than that of a bug's bite."

Logos let him go on, happy to hear what the human had to say as he mentioned being new to the sport. "An excellent job, might I add. You must be quite strong seeing as you were not pulled under. It would have made for a very frightful swim," he spoke in a happy tune, considering the possibility. Had that occurred Logos would have not known how to react and he felt some sort of relief that it had not come to be.

Never taking his eyes off Sacha, he watched as the silver-haired man produced yet another drink. It was the same drink Sacha had been drinking and he held it up for Logos to drink as well. Slowly, Logos approached him. Once within distance, he sniffed at the drink careful not to produce so much air that he'd blow the small container off Sacha's hands.

He gave a huff, spinning around in place and sitting down with a loud, earthy thud. The drink seemed to be in good condition and not tampered with. Yet, as much as he would enjoy humoring the human, he could not drink it. "Thank you, but I must resign. I believe it would be wasted on me. However, I do know of a few creatures that would enjoy the commodity - if you would let me have it." Immediately, he thought of the Fae, of the little blond woman who would pester him so. They would probably be happy to receive such a gift.

It seemed this human was a curious one as he asked question after question. Tiring, as many people of his kind who saught out Logos asked similar ones but it was to be expected when confronted with a creature such as him.

"I am Logos, a creature who's lived in this forest for many a century. And you are correct to assume that I was, indeed, cooling off. The sun and I do not seem to get along on days such as today. And, although I appreciate its life-giving incandescence, it seems we shall be bitter rivals until the end of times."

He used his front legs to drag his body and face the edge of the water. Sacha had inquired about his armor - yet another question that had become all-too-common in Logos's lifetime. Maybe long ago he would have an inkling of despair and sadness at having to speak of the predicament. But now that it had become so commonplace in his life, the question did not pose much threat.

"Tell me, Sacha the Human," he began, "how much do you know about The Great Holy War?"

WC: 612 | Total: 1,056 | @Sacha
Logos
Logos

VylderGold : 106

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacha Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:16 pm

Nervousness rippled from Sacha as he was confronted with the prospect of being pulled into the water upon Logos' emergence. A frightening thought indeed no doubt it boggled his mind to think about the chances of survival in the torrent below. Shaking it from his head, the fear faded away understanding and respect filled his kind face. The decline of his offering was to be expected, this processed item probably would do Logos more harm than good. Yet when asked if he could keep it for another, Sacha beamed with excitement. When Logos had spun around and reseated himself, Sacha wobbled with the force of the thud.

"Of course please take two! Perhaps you may have a change of heart later on." Sacha chuckled with a happy smile upon his face as the last milk was produced into his palm. Holding up the right-hand that held both pints of milk, magic blossomed lightly cooling the drinks down so that they would not get warm in this heat. "I wish I could do more to help with your battle with the sun, I fear my ice would not work very well in your armor nor in your favor. Upon melting I fear the humidity with your fur in such close quarters might be extreme."

Turning with Logos to face the water, Sacha had set the frozen milk down between the two of them in the container for easier carrying. Setting the rod up once more he cast out with a contented sigh. 'I must get stronger so that in the future I may face Logos and be more helpful.' Sacha thought to himself setting the goal in mind for future times to come.

"The Holy War, in my own words. A time of sorrow and loss.. For the books, it's a time of great death and bloodshed. The battle of Otenshire is said to be the nail in the coffin. The large fight between humans and Eldrich. The Gaiyans had to intervene. Were you apart of such a war Logos?" Going over the base knowledge, he did not mention his family line being apart of the war itself. The Flavoye name became great because of their combat prowess during the war and blood-thirsty tendency.

@Logos
Sacha
Sacha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum