Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
An Unfortunate Victim [Logos] WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» Quest Turn In
by Nessa Cordelia Lux Today at 5:19 pm

» Birch and Rein
by Nessa Cordelia Lux Today at 5:09 pm

» Character App. Submissions Thread
by Nessa Cordelia Lux Today at 5:08 pm

» Face Claim List
by Nyz Today at 12:20 pm

» Invitations [Cassian]
by Cassian Today at 12:11 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ███████████ 22
ELDRITCH ████████████ 23
GAIYANS ██████ 12
ANTHROS █████ 9
HYBRID ███ 5
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Donations

An Unfortunate Victim [Logos]

Go down

An Unfortunate Victim [Logos] Empty An Unfortunate Victim [Logos]

Post by Elloise Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:21 am

An Unfortunate Victim [Logos] 8x094qM

An Unfortunate Victim [Logos] QQEdP82
[ Deep within the forest - days before she set off on her quest. ]

As dawn ascended, thanking the moon for it's hard work, the bright pink leaves that gently fell to the forest floor echoed a waking Elloise's sentiment as she gazed at the scenery beyond her window; today is a beautiful day. Starting this oh-so-joyus day with a ritualistic dance to the soft hums of nature, she rushed to the window to open it; joining in the singing of the woodland creatures all working together to welcome in the morning.

It was magical. As always.

Following this, she bathed and clothed herself before checking her "to-go" list twice over. Making sure there was absolutely nothing she would forget once she left (spoiler: she forgets alot). Once this was done, she...didn't actually have anything else planned. Expecting herself to be unprepared, she cancelled any plans for the day to focus on packing alone but now that she was done she had nothing to do and no one to bother.-- It was time to come up with a game plan. Crossing her arms, she entered deep thought in an attempt to stave the rapidly approaching boredom that oh-so-crept up the walls of her consciousness.

"Twinklebug? No, she's busy with Sparkleshine today. Littletwig? Nope! She's spending today with the animals, it's always creature day toda--", almost instantly, the thought hit her like a freight train, "Creatures, that's it Elloise you're a genius! I know someone whose never busy and always has time to be bothered. Let's go see Elder Logos"! As quick as the decision was made, Elloise was out the door and on her way to see the one person who couldn't possibly get annoyed by anything.

-

The current scenery is this, a dead end clearing surrounded by deep, thick nature with a waterfall near the back of the vicinity. The blossom leaves paint a beautiful image as they continuously descend at the speed the wind allows and - for the most part, there aren't many creatures to speak of sans a squirrel or two. No, this particular clearing was avoided respectfully to give space to a Creature of Olde existing longer than the history books themselves, Elder Logos. Of course, much to theme, Elloise's curiosity is what originally drove her to visit the creature and since she had? She never quite stopped.

Oh, she knew she was a nuisance to him, she just had to be! But, no matter what she said, he never shoo'd her away; not even once! At that point, he was just asking for her to keep coming back! It was his fault she was visiting! Yeah! H-He totally loved hearing her stories! What kind of a fiend would she be to leave without giving him a few more as a final goodbye present? Yeah, that was it! Now fully convinced she wasn't imposing, a small bird sized Elloise flew into the clearing as loud as ever.

"Elder Logoooos! Elder Logoooooooos! Heeeeeeeey! I'm only going to keep screaming loudly if you don't answer meeee! Elder! Elder Cap-i-taaan! Elder Logoso"!

She went on and on like this until she was eventually acknowledged.

wc: 525
tags: @Logos
Elloise
Elloise

VylderGold : 149

View user profile

Back to top Go down

An Unfortunate Victim [Logos] Empty Re: An Unfortunate Victim [Logos]

Post by Logos Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:59 am

It had been a long, restless night after Logos had discovered the new arrival at Mirinah's Portal. The giant boar could barely sleep a wink in wait for the strange, metal man's awakening. He had been sitting for hours upon hours, patiently waiting (sometimes pacing) until he had decided that the man was not going anywhere a few hours before the break of dawn. So he moved, leaving the man and the portal behind in search of rest until he came upon one of his favorite places: a small, dead-end clearing that hosted a waterfall and myriad of tall, thick trees that would easily ward off the early morning rays. The clearing offered relaxation, meditation, and most of all - a place to sleep peacefully.

Thus, lulled by the sounds of the crashing water, Logos lay under one of the tallest trees; his armored hooves pointed lazily up in the air. A few leaves had piled on his body and even embedded themselves on the creases of his armor in the few hours he slept. He had been snorting soundly, until-

"Elder Logoooos!"

Oh, no.

He stopped snorting.

Logos's whole body immediately froze.

The Fae.

Tiny, kind of squeaky, and somehow powerful enough for the whole world to hear - the voice was unmistakable. For a moment, he considered outright ignoring her, maybe playing dead. No. That would be a joke in bad taste. He did, however, attempt to return to slee-

"Elder Logoooooooos!"

Her voice cut through once more. Then again. And again. She called his name incessantly, threatening with continuing to do so if he never responded. Fae were always hard to ignore... Especially a certain blonde one by the name of Elloise.

"Over here," Logo's voice boomed, despite its early morning rasp. From his spot beneath the tree, a loud thud and consecutive tremor reverberating on the ground as he rolled to his side, his legs hitting the floor as he began to stand and make his way to the little Fae who so very much requested his audience.

"I'm up, I'm up..." he yawned. His hind legs dragged behind him slightly and his face pointed to the sky as he stretched midway to reaching her. Some blossoms and leaves fell off his body but ultimately many still stuck around giving him a look of an animal who had ventured through many a bush. And by this rude awakening, he very much felt like one. "Good morning, Elloise. You're as bright as ever, I see. What brings you to me today? Is there something you which to speak of?"

He kept his voice level, attempting to hide the sleepy annoyance he felt at having been woken up in a day where he barely had gotten a lick of sleep. Had he been a younger boar maybe he'd be able to recover much quicker from an abrupt rest. But, alas.

"You sure are early today. Forgive me if I seem off - these old bones are not what they used to be."

WC: 503 | Total: 503 | @Elloise
Logos
Logos

VylderGold : 108

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloise Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:03 pm

Today was a particularly special day for Elloise. Despite the fact she wasn't set to leave until a few days from now, this marked a moment in history that would forever give her strength! Making her way to Elder Logos' temporary abode allowed her the rare opportunity to enjoy the sights on her way here; something - with her ever-rising popularity, she hadn't been able to do in some time. Part of that aligned with her reasonings for leaving in the first place but most of it? Most of it was to just...talk to people. All kinds of people!-- Kinda like she was doing now, except less annoying.

-

After a substantial amount of time had passed, the colossal creature of olde rose to a creak and groan, indicating she'd clearly interrupted his sleep. Of course, like any other given day Elloise didn't take the hint but he didn't sound that bothered by her presence so who cared, right? It was one of her last days here after all, she had to get as much time with him now as she could before she couldn't see him again for a while!

"Over here,"

Nearly disrupting the foundation of the vicinity with his voice, Elloise's visage perked in the direction of it's origin, waving obnoxiously fast for a Fae who traveled the distance she had to get here. Eventually, Logos made his way to her with a yawn and wished her a good morning, inquiring on the urgency of her early arrival. In response, Elloise looked the boar over before shooting him a look of concern.

"Y'know Elder, you don't look too good; have you been sleeping properly? I've always been told a full night's rest is the best medicine for anything! You should get more sleep, I bet it would help!"

One could almost feel sorry for Logos in this moment - however, no amount of pity would stop Elloise from the full on barrage of energy she was prepared to give to Logos; whether he was tired or not. Clapping her hands together in unison with her visage adopting an expression of remembrance or realization, Elloise got the point of her visit today.

"Oh right, why I'm here today! I got so concerned for your well being I forgot all about it! Anyway, I've come here today to saaaaaay...", she paused for dramatic effect before doing a bit of a jig, ending with a twirl and a victory pose, "That I'm leaving the forest to become an Adventurer in a few days! Eeeeeek! I'm so excited, Elder! Isn't that awesome"?! Switching things up, Elloise executed a series of terribly performed martial arts moves while hyping up the trip.

"I'm gunna join The Golden Titans and and, I'm gunna be an adventurer-- wait I said that already. Annnnd, I'm going to make the world a better place, Elder! I'm gunna make it a place where everyone can be happy, regardless of who they are! And if they don't listen? Then, then I'm gunna chop em up! HIII-YAAH!"

The chop ended her theatrics for the time being as she caught her breath, looking to Logos for his response. "Sooooo, what do you think? Pretty cool, huh"?

wc: 533
Elloise
Elloise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Logos Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:08 am

The young Fae had always been an enthusiastic one. Ever since he had met her there wasn't a day that Elloise did not don a bright and cheerful attitude. It was... infectious, in a way. No matter how annoyed or temperamental he felt she would somehow coax him into a much happier state. She was endearing - if not a bit oblivious and a bit over the top - but endearing all the same.

So at her overly animated wave, Logos had found his body already betraying him. While his mind lingered in annoyance, there was some small ounce of him that appreciated her presence. And so his tail wagged slowly as she prattled on and on about his appearance and how he should get more rest.

Yes, rest. Rest. He would so love to do so.

He sat with a loud thud, letting his legs splay out as he listened. Logos was in for a long morning. It seemed the small creature had a lot to say - more so than usual as his responses to her worries went unnoticed just as he thought. He had delivered some variations of "Indeed" and "I shall try" here and there. He believed this to be a moment of irony.

Logos had almost started to tune her out. Whether it was the sleep depravity or the sheer amount of words per second being spoken, he wasn't sure. However, a clap got his attention.

He bounced back to attention. Elloise was absolutely buzzing with excitement as she explained away how she was resigning herself from the forest to go explore the world and make it a better place. She moved happily, jigging and posing to emphasize the novelty of the situation, ending the entire performance with a chop.

Logos remained silent for a moment too long as he processed everything the little Fae had just worded. And it took everything within him not to ask her to repeat herself. No. Asking her that would be a death sentence.

"A pure choice, little one; filled with pure intentions."

Deep inside he felt himself be overcome with hints of proudness. It was not the first time a creature from the forest had decided to abandon it in search of more, nor would it be the last. Many would leave for different reasons: money, fame, maybe even in search of adventure. And so it came as a nice surprise to hear Elloise want to make the world a better place.

"Whatever made you choose such a path, I would like to know. That is, if you wouldn't mind assisting this olde boar first?" Logos lifted a leg and afterward bowed his head as a way to indicate the dozens of leaves, twigs, and flowers on his body. "I would enjoy a moment's company before your departure. Which, by the by, when is it that you're leaving? Have you made sure you are well prepared? Do you have enough provisions? ...Food? ...Bedding? I do hope you understand the journey you are about to take is quite..." he continued on, asking question after question about the logistics of her plan.

Now it was his turn to prattle. And whether he noticed it or not, somewhere deep within him a hint of something else stirred at the thought of Elloise's departure.

WC: 552 | Total: 1,055 | @Elloise
Logos
Logos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloise Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:36 pm

Pure. Yes, Elloise's intentions were pure. Albeit selfish, naive, and riddled with holes, it came from a place of purity; such purity that it may become her detriment in the future. Never-thee-mind that though, the current moment was one from the past or - at the current time, her present. And in this series of seconds, minutes, or hours, Elloise had just unveiled her grand master place to Elder Logos. To which he replied with the aformentioned statement in regards to purity. That being said, that wasn't all the Elder had to say, with the remainder of his questions and comments drawing varying responses from the energetic Fae.

The first question was multi-layered, she was sure he knew that - but, she also felt it wasn't time to speak; her intuition getting it's immediate payoff as he continued on. He followed up by asking for her assistance via some company and, seeing as she'd come to visit him, she wasn't going to disagree on. However, as questioning continued on and on, Elloise couldn't help but feel the need to but in.

"Y'know," she interrupted during one of his more random questions, "has anyone ever said you ask too many questions? I mean, I'm not really one to talk but jeeeeez"! Shooting the elder a warm and loving expression, she began to answer as many of his inquiries as she could.

"When am I leaving? In about three days. Am I prepared enough?", she reached into a small pocket stitched into her dress and removed a folded up list to show to the Elder, "I've got everything checked and ready to go, you can have a lookie if you want but you can't keep it, I need it for final day check ups"! After answering this question, her demeanor adopted a more serious tone overall as she addressed the two more important remarks of the lot.

"Why have I chosen to take this path and am I aware of the dangers that I face.", she looked down, fiddling with her feetsies while coming up with the best way to answer on the spot. "It's gunna sound really silly when I say this but here it is! I...",she choked up momentarily, soon after finding the strength to proceed as she faced him and blurted out her response, "I want the world to get a chance to live the life that we live here! This beautiful life, in this beautiful forest; being one with nature and loving our brothers and sisters around us. Do we fight? Of course we do, all siblings fight. But we make up, we have fun, and we grow stronger".

There were moments when she choked up. Moments where she doubted the legitimacy of her plans or the validity of her dreams, but through it all she managed to fight those fears and press on!-- She had to, or nobody else would!

"There are people out in the world, innocent people struggling or suffering who could use a helping hand, or an infectious dose of Fae in their lives! I just feel like if I can start with one, then two, then three, and so on and so forth! I can slowly start carving and chiseling away the troubles of this world one step at a time and eventually inch the needle of peace forward a bit; even if it isn't the whole way. Sitting here day by day? Knowing that there's a greater calling for me outside? It's eating away at me, Elder. And I'm too cute to have these kinds of problems".

She wasn't sure he would like what she had to say but for dealing with her as long and as frequently as he does? She felt he deserved to know the full truth.

wc: 626
Elloise
Elloise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Logos Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:30 am

"Do you know of any places to lie rest? A place to seek food once-" he continued his barrage of seemingly unending questions. In his mind Logos could see the Fae struggling in a world that was all-too-different from theirs. The world, while embracing with its warmth and promise of opportunity, could just as easily turn cruel and unapologetic. Logos was a testament to such many years ago and even now he would receive word from those who have found themselves struggling.

Elloise interrupted his thoughts and consequently his endless list of questions with a question of her own. He was at a loss for words when he heard her. Too many questions? Him? Logos could have sworn he had stopped inquiring as much as he did long ago. And, for a moment, he remembered his old friends' banter at his curious nature.

Thus, Logos returned her warm look with a nod. If she could see beneath his stone mask she might have even found him smiling. 'We are one and the same.' He thought, musing to himself. Elloise's words served to calm him and he continued to listen.

Producing a small list from her bag, Logos shook his head immediately at her invitation to read it. With its tiny size (and even tinier writing) it would be near impossible for someone as large as he to read it. He would take her word as truth. For as much as he did worry, Logos had faith in the little Fae - more so in face of such a circumstance. He listened to her, observing as she struggled to explain her desires.

In the midst of her speech, he found himself agreeing - even empathizing - with everything Elloise said. She wanted peace; to the end the constant suffering that the world seemed to revel in.

And Logos wanted much the same.

"Elloise," he almost cut her off at the end, stopping her from saying much more. "It seems you have given this much thought, haven't you? Your words are as honest as is your intention."

Logos breathed in deeply and exhaled slowly, taking the time to think over the situation. Had it been any other forest-dwelling creature maybe he would have not found himself thinking so long and hard. He would have had his say quickly, parted ways, and said a prayer in hopes that nature would guide them to prosperity. Yet, with Elloise it felt different.

"It brings me joy to hear that you wish to bring happiness to this world and that you are as prepared as you are to do so. Providing a little bit of our life to others would be a wonderful thing, indeed - and I am sure you will be able to do so, no doubt. Especially with how relentless you can be," he gave a little snort, in an attempt to lighten her mood as it seemed the thoughts had been weighing heavy on her mind. "I am sure that there exist people who enjoy having a pesky ally and would welcome, albeit with some trouble, a life of peace."

"However, I have come to learn that there are those of which cannot be saved," Logos stood, making his way to the edge of the small lake. A few drops from the waterfall ahead sometimes landing on his body. He stared at his own reflection in the water below, welcoming Elloise to do the same. "There are those who will never know peace until their last dying breath. To them, their intentions are as pure and well-meaning as your own. It's minds like these that are the hardest to break away from."

He stomped at the edge, causing the water to ripple and damage his reflection. A few small fishes, which had gathered to seemingly greet him, swam away startled. "While I truly do wish you the best, you have lived the entirety of your life in this forest, Elloise, and I can only hope you do not fall into naivety in the face of such beings."

It may have seemed like he had was he was lecturing her but, truly, all he wanted her was to be safe. "Be good, kind, and understanding - as I'm sure you will be," he turned, addressing her completely. "And there will be many fun times ahead, as well as difficult ones. Why if it were me I would-" He stopped himself, thinking over the words that were about to come tumbling out of his mouth.

WC: 751 | Total: 1,806 | @Elloise
Logos
Logos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloise Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:27 pm

"Elloise,"

Amidst her soul spilling out to display itself before him, Logos' booming vocals couldn't have been more clear than in this very moment. Immediately quieting as a sign of respect, the surrounding green followed suit as Logos then uttered words that beckoned an unfamiliar sensation from Elloise....What was it?

"It seems you have given this much thought, haven't you? Your words are as honest as is your intention."

...Ah, that's what it was.

Since deciding to embark on this path, Elloise knew she'd be fighting an uphill battle. Gaiyans weren't normally ones to break from tradition with most who've done so becoming Eldritch shortly after. She knew they wouldn't be particularly open to her ideas but - for her family and friends, it stung a bit harder when she received their backlash. "Why would you want to do that?", some would ask "It's better if we don't invite trouble to the forest", the others would say. As hard as she'd been fighting mentally even to this point for her ideals she-- she just wanted someone to acknowledge her hard work. And as Logos indirectly gave her those words she'd been looking for, the unfamiliar sensation became all too unmistakable as tears began to slowly cascade down her cheek.

Validation.

This wasn't just some pipe dream. This was her passion, her new life's work. And finally, someone else believed in it too.

As Logos continued to speak, she nodded along and kept to pace while wiping the tears of joy from her face. When he attempted to lighten her mood, she laughed harder than she normally would have; each ha hardier than the former. Though, as the laughing stopped, the seriousness took it's place. Logos discussing the hard to digest truth of this world's reality. There were inhabitants of this world that had no desire to be saved. People who would stop at nothing to see dreams like Elloise's crushed into the ground. And as they gazed at their reflections in the lake, her sole focus was absorbing his words and engraining them into her memory.

After all, she was leaving the forest in three days; this may be the last time she gets to see him. As that thought ran past her mind, only but for a second, one could notice her visible displeasure through her reflection in the lake as it rippled and tore apart...This journey could potentially be really lonely...

-

For as long as Elloise has existed, she's done so in this forest. As a Gaiyan Child, nature's splendid walls were all she'd known.-- But that's exactly why she was ready for this adventure, ready for what's to come. And she wanted to tell him that, but as he prepared to say what he would've done, he stopped himself; something the ever-curious Elloise couldn't help but pick up on.

"If it were you you would what, Elder?", she zipped around in his peripheral, still slightly sniffling from her earlier cry "What would you do? Come on! You can't just stop there, now I need to know"! A potential landmind? Perhaps. Would that stop her? No. That said, she felt the urge to address a few things before he responded. Composing herself as best she could, she spoke as clearly and directly as she could, trying her darndest to be super serious Elloise.

"This new world outside of the forest will be far from perfect. I can't promise I won't fall for tricks. I'll be angry, I'll be scared, I'll be sad, and - forests forbid, I'll have ugly moments too. But that's what'll make the peace we enjoy after so much sweeter! Having gone through the trials and tribulations, the struggles of coming together and the clashing of cultures! Doesn't that sound beautiful, Elder? Doesn't that sound worth fighting for?", clinching her fists, she reassured herself she was brave as she finished her statement, "It does to me. More than anything else ever". With that out of the way, she returned to an earlier inquiry.

"But enough about that, what would you do if it were you? Huh? Huh"?

wc: 675
Elloise
Elloise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum