Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.

NAVIGATION

Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» The Custom Job
by wes Today at 2:54 am

» Week Hiatus~
by Jen Today at 2:46 am

» Dagger No More [Leon]
by Percy Today at 2:22 am

» SINGLE'S NIGHT [OPEN EVENT]
by Emi Kazama Yesterday at 4:34 pm

» My Isekai Paradise?! [open]
by Bleuenn Bosser Yesterday at 11:37 am

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ███████████ 22
ELDRITCH ████████████ 23
GAIYANS ██████ 12
ANTHROS █████ 9
HYBRID ███ 5
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Top posting users this week
wes
❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] I_vote_lcap❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] I_voting_bar❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] I_vote_rcap 
Percy
❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] I_vote_lcap❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] I_voting_bar❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] I_vote_rcap 
Jen
Leon Hoffman

Donations

❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN]

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] Empty ❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN]

Post by Rowan Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:53 pm

Rowan
❀ Spring Festival ❀
Spring is upon us, the trees are blooming with green leaves and pink blossom. The air is warm, cooled by the pleasant breeze that lingers blows up from the sea. The Noble House of Riverforte is hosting a grand Spring Festival, to start the season on a high and offer blessings to the Fleuve'ir' in hopes that it will improve the annual haul and quality of fish caught and sold in the prestigious fishing town.

The streets are busy with local vendors selling all sorts of tasty treats, from grilled fish and meats skewers to caramel apples and candy floss. Live music fills the roads and street performers call for your attention as they attempt to dazzle you with live shows and fancy tricks. Overall, the festival is full of laughter and merriment, the perfect way to spend such a lovely spring day.

Today I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed
Rowan Michaelis

Rowan, did not want to be here.

Nope, not in the slightest. He wanted to be back at the faction hall, chilling with a magazine, or taking a nap. But no, he had to come along to this frilly little fish festival. Why had he chosen to be a Guardian Knight? Well, he knew the reason. But he still questioned his decision sometimes, there was a drive to do good. A drive to make a difference. But also, Rowan really, really, liked to take it easy. A chill life was the best life in his eyes. But duty meant he was here, wandering around the busy streets of Riverforte. Iris was supposed to be here too right, maybe he could track her down or at least someone else from his faction.

Rowan would wander over to one of the stalls, reaching into his pocket he pulled out his wallet. Counting his Vyldergood, he hadn't long been paid, so at the very least he could indulge a bit. That, despite the liveliness of festivals, he didn't mind. He would order him two meat kebobs and a pint of ale. Paying the vendor, before turning around once more, eyes trained on a nearby performer than was doing some kind of contortionist show. Watching as they bent themselves back so far that their head peeked up at the crowd through the gap between their knees.  "Huh," He commented, not especially impressed by the manoeuvre. He didn't quite understand how such a thing would be useful, and yet the crowd around him would 'ooh' and 'ahh' most excitedly.

WC: 407 Note: Open to all~
Rowan
Rowan

VylderGold : 8206

View user profile

Back to top Go down

❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] Empty Re: ❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN]

Post by Elloise Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:07 am

❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] OBNyak5

❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] QQEdP82
For the first time in Elloise's life, she was captivated by beauty outside of her home. Was it river breeze that delicately brushed against her silken skin or the warmth that lovingly held the two together? Was it the lush spread of nature complementing the wooden structures lined along the cherry covered streets? Perhaps it was the diverse group of smells coming from the streets equally diverse in culture? The answer was quite easy wasn't it? She loved all of it!

From the moment she first fluttered into town she was awestruck by how gorgeous Riverforte was to her. Everyone was cheering and merry, welcoming all as brothers in sisters of the moment. There was no war, there was no fighting or hatred or anything! It was just...nice! The kind of nice that could bring a gal to tears; and tear she did. Positioned smack dab in the middle of the street, the bird sized Fae softly wept tears of joy. Only wishing that her elders were here to see what she saw - but, kind of wishing they weren't all the same.

It was oddly blissful, but she wasn't going to spend much more brain power thinking about it; she had a festival to enjoy!

Wiping the tears from her face and sniffling her last sniffles, Elloise straightened her posture and returned to her former expression - that is, overjoyed and easily brightened. "Alright Speedy, what's on the menu first?! Do we eat food, explore, or eat food?", pausing for only a second, she joyfully twirled before answering a question she'd long since known the answer to, "Food it is then, let's eat"! Zipping off toward the stalls, the blonde-haired Fae raced in the direction the caramel apple stand which had been the closest to her immediate location.

"Alright golden apples...come to mama".

Elloise
Elloise

VylderGold : 147

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacha Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:12 am

Violet hues embraced the vibrant lights as bodies filtered through them in rapid succession. This place was just so beautiful, judging from the building structures Sacha already felt at home. Close to nature and far from the grasp of past nightmares! Weakness washed over the slim youth as he fell to his knees slowly. Setting down the pack a hand rested upon the edge to keep the container of sunflowers from spilling out. Dazzling lights played over Sacha's pale features a slight blush touched his cheeks from the overwhelming sensation of joy. Noise assaulted him on all sides, at first it startled him but as he waited it became a bit more bearable.

As the youth worked himself into a shakey stand people bustled by on either side laughing and smiling. "Excuse me?!" With a tap on his shoulder, a strong voice spoke from behind causing fear to shoot through his veins. Without hesitation, he flinched and shuffled away behind the basket as if it were going to hide him. Looking up over the edge his eyes met that of a lovely dressed couple who looked equally confused at his action. "Y-Yes?! Can I help you?" He stammered in embarrassment dusting himself off and standing up straight. Adjusting the white oversized scarf around his neck and face, the salt and pepper of his hair gave him an almost aged appearance.

In response, the man gestured to the sunflowers Sacha had brought to the festival to sell. "How much for the sunflower?" Blinking slowly Sacha looked down at the basket having forgotten the reason why he even brought them. With a nod, Sacha picked up one of the many large sunflowers and held it out. "That will be two vg please." Sacha said with ease handing over the flower as the lad paid two vg before handing his partner the flower. Watching the joy light up in her face made Sacha smile subconsciously, a smile so big he looked like a dufus no doubt. Waving them goodbye there were more people now gathering around to buy some sunflowers.

With vg symbols in his eyes, Sacha rolled up the sleeves to his button-up shirt and got to business. "Come get your sunflowers! Two vg per flower! Calling out here and there people came and went buying sunflowers from his large basket. After a few more customers Sacha's stomach slowly grumbled. It was time to get a snacky! Taking up his basket the boy was off to the nearest stand which was for drinks to which Sacha picked out some chocolate milk for himself. Heading off swiftly he sought out something sweet! As he walked the sweet smell of caramel teased his senses, strolling out towards the caramel apple stand Sacha saw someone amazing. "Oh my god... She's so beautiful.." He exhaled lightly as he drew closer to the Fae. @Elloise
Sacha
Sacha

VylderGold : 138

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloise Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:01 am

❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] 8x094qM

"Excuse me! Uhm, excuse me"!

Amidst the hustle and bustle of the Riverforte Spring Festival, Elloise's soft and gentle vocals felt lost in the shuffle. Granted, there were a handful of people gathered around the stall but, surely someone heard her, right? Well, if they had, they certainly weren't being nice by ignoring her like this; Fae have voices too, even if they aren't as loud as others! "Excus--", pausing abruptly, her face puckered and tightened as she let out a huff of frustration, "Fine then, you leave me with no choice"!

Those around her immediate area were treated to nothing short of a spectacle displayed in real time. Distancing herself from the crowd, a luminescence momentarily absorbed her form as speckles of light (similar to pixie dust) rained down her sides. In mere moments, her being stretched and shifted until it stood at about 5 feet and 8 inches. As the event concluded, the light dramatically dispersed away as the now woman-sized Fae returned to the stall with applause.-- Funny, they must've thought she was another street performer when all she wanted was an apple.

"Excuse me", her voice was gentle, almost as if it were embracing those listening and hugging them close. It drew the attention of the salesman almost immediately who oh-so-coincidentally was extremely attentive. "What can I do for you, miss?", confused, Elloise tilted her head while scratching the right side of her cheek "What can you do? What else would I be doing here besides buying an apple?", he choked on his words before stuttering a reply "R-right you are, miss. That'll be two VG please".

Following a swift payment, Elloise had the salesman place the apple on the counter. While she'd known she could simply pick up the apple and take it with her, retaining such a large form was bothersome after long - after all, how else could she go zoom? So now the issue became figuring out how to transport the apple. Would she use magic? No, that probably wouldn't be the best idea nor would it be the kind of attention she'd want to attract. So then what else was there? It wasn't as if an answer would randomly show u--

bzzzt!

"Huh?"

She felt a sudden chill down her spine, one that could only be described by a few short words; someone was watching her, and closely. Hesitant to turn around, she eventually managed to do so as a feminine human boy stood out amongst the crowd with starry eyes and a curious expression. He was fascinated with her by the looks of it. Had it not seen her kind before? Or maybe he was captivated by her beauty? Hmph, she couldn't blame him; she is awesome after all. Regardless, an awkward stare wasn't on the itinerary for today's events. This time could be spent much better if they just talked - besides, when was fun with others ever a bad thing?

"Heeeeeey!", she waved in the boy's direction, now returned to her former size, "Heeeey! Come over heeeerre! Heeeeeey"! She wasn't she if this was the way he wanted their conversation to be started but hey, a bit too late now wasn't it? "Heeeeeey! You with the white hair, come heeeeerrree! I want to talk to yooooou"!

tags: @sacha
wc: 548
Elloise
Elloise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:15 pm

Daphne

got too much dirt to come clean, closets full of skeletons that you don't
wanna see. Will you judge me? All my ugly? I won't blame you if you do
Daphne Rose Ravenwood

Daphne had arrived in Riverforte the night before, having spent a lovely evening in the Two Hearts Resort. She headed out to enjoy the Spring Festival. Truthfully, she had meant to be heading to Otenshire from the moment she landed in Lyndon Port. But whispering's of a fun festival in the riverside town had caught the pinkette's attention. And so, once again, she took herself a detour - her second one of this entire journey. Her first had been in Avalon Islands, which had only meant to be a day trip but had ended taking a little longer thanks to a run-in with a certain pretty blue-eyed fae. It didn't matter, she would get to Hoptus forest eventually, besides missing out on an event like this was an absolute no-no.

Wandering the bustling streets in long salmon toned maxi dress with a slit along her thigh, an outfit coupled with white sandals, a white shawl draped over her shoulders and a wheat-woven summer hat. She was the picture of a Rivengate resident, someone who dressed in only the most modern attire designed by the knowledge of Otherworlder brands. Still, it wasn't like such fashions were completed avoid on the mainland, Daphne's eyes did not miss the occasional modern piece of wear amongst the more traditional fashions. Fashion was a force that could not be stopped, no matter how much the bigots protested. If people liked the way something looked they would wear it, and so the steady leak of clothes influenced by worlds not their own could be seen with ease. Even by those who did not realise how much their lives had been affected by such people.

The woman scooped a drink off a nearby stall, passing some coins to the vendor before wandering further into the event. She sipped the juice beverage, not actually aware of what it was that she had bought, she let the liquid dance on her tongue, tickling her tastebuds for a moment before swallowing it. "Mmm, that has to be gin, apple... and elderflower perhaps?" She mused to no one in particular before carrying on. Moving over to a stand that appears to be the host of trinkets and other accessories, her fingers stroking a pair of earrings that dangled from the stand as she admired the vendor's goods with interest and content.

WC: 390 Tag: @Kiigan

Daphne
Daphne

VylderGold : 63759

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiigan Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:43 pm

Kiigan Youngblood went where the action was, no matter what kind of action it was. Since he was mostly wandering through life in search of learning more about the world outside of Ilyanor, the tall man with the intimidating face rode on the whispers and rumors to new and interesting experiences. Most recently, while he'd been enjoying the freshly cultivated veggie dishes in Otenshire, someone mentioned a festival in Riverforte. A spring festival to honor Fleuve'ir, which was something the Gaiyan could really get behind. He set out right away, an excited, boyish sparkle in his otherwise rugged face.

The man strolled along the river, having already visited the local chapel to offer his prayers. In the meantime he'd found a vendor with some wonderful smelling skewered fish, fresh caught and spiced with pepper and local herbs. His teeth tore into the tender flesh, and it was so delicious that his halo almost appeared for a moment to bathe him in an energetic glow. "Mmmm..." he hummed to himself, steeling himself against his more embarrassing habit.

He may not like Rivengate very well (not from experience but just from Gaiyan bias) but he wasn't against the fashion spawned from there. He'd grown quite used to wearing baggy, distressed jeans and teeshirts with cool designs on them. He never went anywhere without his favorite blue and white jacket, lined in what thankfully was fake fur around the neck and hood. It was something he couldn't wear back home, so he felt as rebellious as he tried to come off as when he wore these types of things. The pale tunics and dark trousers of his childhood were comfortable enough, but it felt more thrilling to explore his self-expression.

The lively plucking of a guitar drew his attention, so he headed toward the center of the festival to enjoy the atmosphere. His free hand snatched a drink, which ended up being apple and elderflower infused gin, and that's when he saw her. Just ahead of him was that annoying pink head that he'd never forget. His footsteps slowed as his brain absorbed that he'd finally come across that infuriating woman from the bar, the one that had chased off the girl he'd been interested in...and even more annoyingly, left him with the extremely expensive tab and damages. "EY!" he hollered like a proper delinquent, his feet moving again as he closed in on her from behind. If his hands hadn't been full of offerings, he might have grabbed her arm, but instead he could only loom behind her, face shadowed and intimidating. "It's you."

[wc: 432]
Kiigan
Kiigan

VylderGold : 137

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:55 pm

One of the 'Ooh'ers was indeed the girl he knew from both the Guardian Knights and Golden Titans, but she didn't seem to notice him. She was gleefully, in her own soft way, watching the contortionist and wondering if she could do such a thing. As the person bent in half and peeked between her own legs, Iris bent down to look, her mouth slightly agape. That'd be a thing to try before bed tonight. It never occurred to her if it could be useful or not, it just looked interesting. Maybe she was just easily amused. Or maybe he just wanted to find the joy in everything, even when she really didn't feel very joyful inside. A festival was meant to be enjoyed and she'd do just that! Even if she had to do it alone.

Once the show was over, she clapped and smiled, placing a couple of vg coins in a nearby tip jar. "Good job!" she encouraged, then turned to leave. Since she was supposed to be keeping an eye on the relations between everyone, the ever dutiful Guardian Knight did a quick look around to make sure everything was still peaceful and happy. While Iris didn't exactly expect there to be any trouble at a spring festival, the fact that it was basically sponsored by The Church of Fleuve'ir did open it up to some dissonance from her own kind. The demonatta was more progressive than a lot of her kin, so while she didn't feel any animosity for the religion she didn't personally participate in, the more radical of The Order of the Eternal or just Eldritch, in general, might get their tail feathers ruffled. There'd been some rumblings, but not much of it had yet come to light, thankfully.

Idly picking at one of the ruffles of her white dress, Iris continued to swivel her head until she spotted a familiar dark head nearby in the crowd. She took an immediate step, then hesitated. Though they had spent some time together recently, he still made her a little nervous. She didn't quite know how to communicate with him effectively, or just felt like she bothered him. For a second she almost turned and went the other way, but no. She could at least say hello. If he wasn't in the mood, at least it'd be easy to just melt away into the crowd, unlike awkwardly scuttling away in an empty hallway. "Commander!" Iris called with a smile, waving and weaving through the crowd to join him. "Were you watching the contortionists? I thought they were cool."

[wc: 433 || @Rowan ]

_________________________________________________________________________________________

❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] 63645_s

Iris
Iris

Administrator  
VylderGold : 8370

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacha Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:45 am

Pure awe transformed into full bewilderment at the Fae's transformation. It seemed that others were easily impressed by the changes at hand. The salesman who had ignored her small stature before was now smitten by her appearance as well. Looking around he now registered the street performers speaking with someone who looked like their boss. Puffing out his cheeks he glared at the stallman as he still slowly approached. Sipping the chocolate milk quietly his eyes crossed as he gazed down into the cup from the bridge of his nose.  Blinking a few times the violet hues returned to place as his eyes found Elloise's.

Pale cheeks flushed as she called out to him. "Heeeeeey!" she cried out to him waving somewhat frantically. "Heeeey! Come over heeeerre! Heeeeeey" She said again this time a few onlookers watched them both with puzzled expressions. God this was so damn awkward! Holy Shit!! A fae was talking to him right now! Making his cautious approached his Sacha's throat felt like it had gone dry. By the time he reached her the straw and milk box was crushed empty. "O-oh! H-Hey there my name is Sacha! I-It's a pleasure to meet y-you!" his voice squeaked as pale features turned to red while his eyes stared wide-eyed stupid.

"What is your name?" Taking a deep breath the lad worked to steady his shaking body. It was not often he was called out so plainly in public. Sacha had not looked at the crowd when Elloise pointed him out. The senseless thought sent the lad spiraling into confusion on how to act. So he stood there tottering and shaking like a nervous boy in front of a crush. His social etiquette in disrepair when involving people he did not initiate with at first. Clearing his throat slowly another slow exhale brought some stability to his mind. "S-Sorry, I get nervous sometimes.." Using this moment he plucked up some more courage, he could not be afraid the whole time right?! "Is there something I can help you with?"

@Elloise
Sacha
Sacha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:31 pm

Rowan Michaelis

Continuing to watch the contortionist with a blank expression, Rowan would sink his teeth into some of the meat on the stick. Dragging it along the stick with his teeth becoming pulling the chunk off and letting it fall into his mouth. The meat was good. Juicy. He mused as he chewed, the tenderness of the snack pleasing the stoic man's pallette.
Food was perhaps one of the few things Rowan took genuine enjoyment from, especially any sort of meat dish that was fried, grilled or smoked.

He would hear a familiar voice, steel grey irises sliding over to the periwinkle haired girl who made her way toward him in a ruffle-y white dress.  He wasn't surprised to see her, in fact he had anticipated it. This place was bound to have a few Guardian Knights here today, not to mention members of Golden Titan. He nodded in greeting, unable to speak due to the meat his in mouth, he chewed a few times before swallowing. Chasing the bite with a quick sip off ale, before answering her question.

"Aye I was," He glanced back over to them, "I don't know, expecting to get paid for bending over seems a bit idealistic to me." It was after he said it that he realised the crudeness of his comment, he glanced away from Iris - a means to hide the twitch of his lips. Allowing the briefest of an amused smirk to flicker across his features, before straightening his face to its normal blank self and returning his gaze to her. He didn't know if the rudeness of the remark would bother her, but her was her Captain, so he figured it was best to avoid pointing out the inappropriate nature of the comment. He reached out, holding out of the kebob sticks, "Want one?" He offered casually.

WC: 307 Rowan Total WC: 714 Tag: @Iris
Rowan
Rowan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloise Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:39 pm

She had to admit, she was absolutely stricken with curiosity.

The soft-skinned human she called to was polite - more polite than she'd ever heard stories of, and spoke as if she were some mystical being. While it was a pedestal she hadn't minded being placed on in the slightest, she felt this level of adoration was... misplaced, if anything. He greeted her with a stutter, introducing himself as Sacha before evading a direct gaze with a blush. In that moment, she thought to herself how cute of a human boy he was getting so flustered like that; perhaps he wanted a friend?

She'd next been asked of her name, Sacha following up with an apology for his timid nature and an inquiry about why she'd called to him. Though she didn't necessarily mind explaining it, she'd of thought it was pretty obvious. As she prepared to speak, she tilted her head to the side and shot a bewildered expression.

"Is there something you can help me with? I was going to ask the same thing, silly. I saw your stars from the stall and couldn't help but ask; what has you so fixated on me?", Elloise in her playful nature then began zip around the boy. Stopping when within his peripheral to ask another question, "Have you never seen a Fae before? Where do you come from? Are humans always so starry eyed?", she looked around here for a moment to confirm "Nope! Doesn't look like it! Must just be a you thing then". Suddenly "skidding" to a full stop, she jolted to face him with her hands pressed against her cheeks.

"I totally forgot to introduce myself, didn't I?", she slapped her palm against her forehead, "Not called Speedy for nothin'.", setting her hands down, she gave a laugh of embarrassment before giving him her full attention. "Sorry about that - Sacha, was it? I love meeting new people so much that I just want to learn everything about them. I guess I just lost track, is all". Extending out her hand, Elloise offered a wide smile to the potential friendship the two could develop.

"It's very nice to meet you Sacha! My name is Elloise, I'm a fae whose traveled a long distance to join the Golden Titans; I'm gunna make the world a peaceful place for everyone.", she balled her little hands into fists, "Even if I have to fight for it"!

wc: 410
tags: @Sacha

Last edited by Elloise on Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elloise
Elloise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:14 pm

Iris stared and gaped just slightly at Rowan as he said what he said, trying to figure out if he meant the double entendre or not. The young demonatta wasn't one to have much of a dirty mind, but the way he'd said it reminded her of Sin Haven or even patrolling some of the alleys of Engloria. Whether he meant it or not, his fleeting smirk gave her the impression he realized what he said. It was nice to see his face show emotion, even if it was just for a second. She stifled a giggle, as well. Unlike him, her face didn't lose the amused expression, though she chose to ignore that it was still there.

After gratefully taking the offered kebab, his subordinate thanked him and began to nibble on it. "Mmm, it's good," she commented, enjoying the spices on the meat. A drink would be nice to go with it, so she made the couple steps to a booth for a nice, fresh fruit juice, then rejoined him. She then fell quiet for a moment, unsure what else to say. Chit chat wasn't her strongest suit, but she was also reasonably sure she was better at it than her commander. "I know we're technically working, but are you enjoying the festival?" she asked, attempting small talk. "Everything has been calm so far. The food is good!"

[wc: 230 || total: 663 || @Rowan]

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Iris
Iris

Administrator  

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:30 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

For the most part, Daphne was plenty glad with her decision to detour to Riverforte for this little festival. She doubted that anyone she knew would be here, but that didn't mean she could find herself some fresh company. A pretty arm to drape herself on, or perhaps attach herself a rowdy group of peers her age looking for a little merry chaos and a good time. Daphne never had an issues meeting people if she didn't want to be alone, although she didn't mind spending time by herself either. As long as she wasn't bored, but then again, boredom was something that Daphne rarely permitted herself to endure. More often than not, she would find some way to enjoy herself.

At the moment, that means was by a bit of window shopping. Examining the goods the stalls had to offer, seeing if there was anything that caught her eye, or perhaps something to bring home to her parents. Not that they appreciated her material gestures, she was still met with the same accusing glances and bitter tones whether she presented them with a gift or not. She was the child who abandoned them after all - an acknowledgement that wouldn't ease no matter how often she visited. It was almost enough to deter her from going home, but she couldn't do that. As petty as they were, they were still her family and she loved them dearly. Say what they like, she hadn't abandoned her roots, at least not in her amber-hued eyes.

Pushing such thoughts from her mind, she continued to wander the stalls, eyes widening in delight as she caught sight of a book stall. Swiftly wandering toward it, she scanned the titles with hawk-like inspection. Hand darting forward and grabbing one particularly interesting looking name - The Affiliated Universe, Morgania Templeton's philosophy on the universe and its arcanic affiliations. Her brows raised slightly, intrigued she flicked it open to the blurb, reading the summary as she sipped delicately on her cocktail. Unaware of the brutish fellow stomping in her direction. She had become so quickly immersed in the words on the page, that it took her several moments before she noticed the hollering that was offered her way. Turning on the spot, she would drag her eyes off the page into the attractive albeit angered features of a tall man. She stared at him blankly, not quite sure who he was despite finding familiarity in his features. After a moment, it dawned on her; oh, it's that nimrod from the bar. The short tempered bloke who had got angry when Daphne had put moves on his womanly conquest. She could already tell that this was going to be a dramatic scenario, but despite this, instead of opting for a peaceful evasion, she could not resist adding fuel to the fire.

After all, that was the more entertaining option.

She dragged her eyes backed down the the page, turning it with her thumb to peruse the starting chapter, "Do I know you sir?" She asked nonchalantly, feigning ignorance to their prior encounter.

WC: 515 Daphne's TWC: 905 Tag: @Kiigan

Last edited by Daphne on Wed May 26, 2021 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daphne
Daphne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiigan Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:52 pm

She was just looking at a book like she had no worries in the world. Well, of course, she didn't have any worries! He'd had to shoulder them all while she skipped away! That just didn't sit right with the brash angel. And when things weren't right, he just had to do something about it. It wasn't about the VG since Gaiyans weren't very materialistic, but there was no denying that it had been inconvenient...and besides, it was the principle of the matter.

In his looming naivety, Kiigan had actually expected an apology. At the very least, he thought she would acknowledge him and offer an excuse. But no. She seemed not to know him. Visibly baffled and growing more frustrated by the second, he refused to accept that someone could do what she'd done to him without at least remembering his face! Heck, even he didn't remember her name, but that might be because they hadn't actually exchanged them in their vigorous competition to win over the pretty lady.

"Y-You-- There's no way you forgot me!" Kiigan blustered after gaping dumbly at her for a few moments while trying to formulate words from his irritation. "Don't try to play me like that! Not after you left me to pay for it all!" He waved his half-eaten fish skewer toward her. He was a very physical type of man, so the fact that his hands were full was only adding more annoyance. "You know! From the bar with the pretty girl! You didn't pay for anything..."

[wc: 256 || total: 688 || @Daphne]
Kiigan
Kiigan

VylderGold : 137

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacha Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:19 pm

As the fae spoke Sacha found himself enamored by her voice and character. She truly was an amazing being from start to finish. Despite his shyness, the lad did his best to make as much eye contact as possible. Fidgeting in place the youth tugged the giant scarf up to cover the lower half of his face in embarrassment. Sacha could not help but have stars in his eyes, the fae was absolutely amazing and enthusiastic. Characteristics he did not have but greatly desired to learn from and be around. Upon her reply, to his question, Sacha's ears now turned red with further shame.

"I-I am from nowhere important. I have always found other species besides humans amazing.." Sacha spouted out in response as he shook her hand lightly. Sacha had no love for other humans in this world, thus he would strive to befriend every other creature besides humans if that were possible. Frowning deeply behind the scarf his eyes gave nothing away as the fires of trauma washed over his brain.

Drawing back his hand Sacha gently reached into his pack and handed her a giant sunflower. Looking away in the process his face was now ruby red as steam seemed to flow off visibly from his skin. "I-I must learn to be brave, I too am joining the G-G-Golden Titans! I-It's a pleasure to meet you Speedy E! Please accept this sunflower! Its broad yellow face is vibrant just like the life that flows through you. I am sure you will accomplish your goal Speedy E." Peeking back at the smol Fae, Sacha became more curious. "How long can you keep this form? In your smaller form can you even hold your caramel apple and eat it? I-I could carry your stuff for you?!" Piping up a bit Sacha tucked more of his face behind the scarf till it covered his nose.

Would she accept his help to carry her stuff?! Why wouldn't she they were friends now right? Or was he overthinking it all?! By the Gods this was going to be a hard transition. @Elloise

Last edited by Sacha on Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sacha
Sacha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloise Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:48 am

Amazing? Hah! He found her amazing?...Well why wouldn't he?! After all, she was the great Elloise!!-- The coolest and speediest and friendliest of all the Fae ever! With her nose pointed high and her ego thoroughly stroked, Elloise erupted into an internal fit of laughter as she clenched not his hand but his index finger and shook with both of her own; realizing just how small her own hands were in comparison.

Suddenly, just as quick as she could think of it, his hand was retracted. Bringing with it a Sunflower and a ruby red visage. It's fair to say that she was floored by this kind gesture. Making it the perfect cherry on top of Sacha revealing his intention to join the Golden Titans as well.-- What a kind boy, what an interesting coincidence! Did...did that mean they were "Teammates!", she exclaimed internally, "We're teammates or guildies or faction friends!",  as he finished his aforementioned gesture with a compliment and request to hold her apple, she dramatically gasped; pressing her hand against her chest as if she were shocked by it all.

"Well, aren't you such a sweetheart! Gah! If only the girls back home met you, they would get such a kick from this, I swear!", taking the somewhat large sunflower she gave it a long sniff before focusing on responding to everything from the last couple of seconds or so. She wanted to make sure her new frie- her new teammie (teehee), knew he had her full attention. "I thank you for such kind words Sacha, but what's this about you not being brave?", she dawned a widened smile, "You seem plenty brave to me! Going up to someone you don't know and handing them a sunflower? That takes guts", puckering her face, she begun to flex her non-existent muscles, "big, strong, manly man guts"!

The theatrics aside, his lack of bravery more than likely came from somewhere, and if she was going to be his faction friend? That meant giving her all access rights to totally invading his personal life; she was going to get to the bottom of this! Returning to a more relaxed position, Elloise's wings fluttered happily as she continued on.

"Speedy E?", she shot a complexed expression "Don't think I've heard that one before. That being said, I don't hate it. - In fact, I think it could grow on me". Tackling what she believed to be everything, she moved on to what she felt was the most pressing of things discussed today.-- The apple.

"Hmm", she pondered for a moment "Y'know, I was looking for a way to get this apple to that bench down the street. If you wouldn't mind carrying it there, I'd be most appreciative! Maybe you could sit with me and we can talk more over a bite to eat; plus that apple is getting cold and I paid good money for that thing"! Stopping just after finishing her invitation, she grew a look of concern before narrowing her eyes slightly. "But you'll have to get your own food; you can't have mine, as delicious as it may look".

wc: 522
tags: @Sacha
Elloise
Elloise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:59 pm

Rowan Michaelis

Hiding the smirk became harder when he heard what sounded like the stifling of a giggle, even though that was good - at least she wasn't offended by his remark. Not that offence had been the intent. As she happily accepted his extra kebob, he too would nibble on his own, before washing it back with a gulp of ale. Watching idly as she wandered off to get a drink before returning to him, well at least he had company now. That was good right? You were supposed to do that, weren't you? Hang out with friends and co-workers, especially at events like this. This was at least what his mother had always told him, nudging him to spend time with people other than his stepfather, Jacky.

"Hmm? Oh yeah, it's alright. Foods great, Suns out and the ales cold. Now if there was a lounger we'd be in business. What about you?" He said before taking another sip of his drink, licking the residue off his lips. As she mentioned their work, his steely eyes did a quick scan the crowd for 'trouble'.  "Yeah, it's a bit early for much chaos, give it a few hours, once the imbibing really kicks up a notch." He told her, "But if we're lucky it'll be chill for a bit, we can just take it easy, spend a few vigs. Do you reckon there's at least a table somewhere?" He asked, looking around for somewhere for them to sit, he would much prefer to just sit back and order more tasty consumables for themselves.

WC: 262 Rowan Total WC: 976 Tag: @Iris
Rowan
Rowan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:26 pm

❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] HXiO28c

Riverforte was much bigger than Jen had expected. She’d been walking for a long time now and hadn’t even reached the epicenter of the spring festival celebrations yet! That could have partially been because she was so distracted. There were so many new things to take in that her pace hadn’t exactly been brisk, nor efficient. The buildings were so different here, more squat and wooden than anywhere else she’d been. A crisp breeze brought up sea air from the ocean just downstream. The scent was so refreshing that Jen stopped several times just to take a deep breath and close her eyes. This place was something from a dream, it was everything she’d heard about and much more.

The people! Oh, the people. Jen caught herself staring too many times to count. Most were human, it seemed, though she saw a few Gaiyans and Anthros here and there. Their outfits were so outlandish to her, unlike anything travelers had brought to the moon temple near Ilyanor. So vibrant, so... revealing. She couldn’t help but sheepishly wonder how she would look in these types of clothing.

As she passed under a blooming tree, she felt something gently fall in her hair. Reaching up, Jen felt around her head, a confused expression on her face. Gently she grabbed it, lowering her hand and opening her palm to get a better look. Much to her excitement, it was a pale pink blossom from the tree above. A pleasant laugh escaped her mouth. “Thank you for the gift, dear friend,” she said as she approached the trunk, giving it a gentle pat. “May your summer be fruitful.” The young woman tucked the flower into the hair above her ear and moved on, a skip in her step.

At last, she had reached the main festivities! Booths of local vendors lined the streets, and the joyous voices of festival-goers filled the air. Jen had heard of the spring festival being a big event here. The elf that had told the tale of his attendance to it had been quite drunk, but he still raved about the food enthusiastically. So, that was where she would head first!

A booth caught her eye. Trays full of small, steaming meat pies lined the tables. Several barrels held a golden ale that was being sold by the mug-full. A steady stream of people went to and from the booth, so Jen took her place in line and ordered one of the pies when it was her turn. The food back home was nothing like this. Exotic spices sang on her tongue, but the heat of the pie burnt her mouth a bit. She elected to nibble on it as she walked.

The sound of an irritated voice caught her ear. A tall man waving a fish skewer around as he spoke was berating a beautiful woman with pink hair who seemed to be ignoring him. Jen couldn’t help but stare with wide blue eyes, oblivious to how obvious it was that she was watching. Conflict didn’t happen much back at the temple since it was a place of healing. She couldn’t tear her eyes away.

Post WC: 527 Thread WC: 527 Tagged: X   Music: Link

Last edited by Jen on Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Jen
Jen

VylderGold : 5123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:48 am

Iris seemed to be in good spirits, maybe even a bit better since running into Rowan. The two were hit or miss on a lot of things, had a tendency to miscommunicate, and ended up in some sticky situations, but maybe just hanging out at a festival could bring them around to at least reading out of the same book. They'd already shared something like a joke and some food, so Iris found herself being optimistic that they may be able to build a friendship. Her social connections since her mother's death were still quite limited, so the poor girl jumped at the chance to try and fix her own loneliness.

"Oh, actually I did see a few tables nearby," Iris exclaimed, eager to be helpful to the commander. "Follow me, please." She motioned him toward the edge of the crowded street toward a cafe that was set up for festival-goers to chill. Actually, quite a few of the local businesses had set up extra outdoor seating and shade spots for patrons to sit, likely a gamble to capitalize on the abnormally large crowds to peddle their goods and make some extra Vyldergold. Most of the ones nearby specialized in different foods. The demonatta hadn't paid much attention to what the store actually was until they approached, and it was lucky they'd made it when they did! The other tables were full of people sipping on glasses full of differently colored liquids with curious little balls in the bottom. Some also had little plates with some sort of flaky, honeyed pastry with crumbled nuts. It caught her interest, of course. Iris loved to try new things.

Leaving the commander to hopefully hold the table, she did a quick dart inside to spend a little vig of her own, though she did bring an extra straw and spoon in case Rowan was interested in the sweets. She didn't want to impose by buying him his own but was also considerate enough to expect to share. "I've never heard of fruity bubble teas or beehive crumbles before!" she exclaimed, though her voice was still soft even when she was excited. Seating herself across from him, she placed a straw into the drink far enough to examine whatever the little orbs were at the bottom, and after sucking one up, she let it pop in her mouth and uttered a quiet, surprised "Oh!", then looked a bit confused. She wasn't sure if she liked it or not.

[wc: 414 || total: 1077 || @Rowan]

Iris
Iris

Administrator  

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrinx Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:37 am

Pull she did, with as much might as she could gather, her muscles tensing and her teeth gritting. The rod tensed, the prey attempting it's escape with the bait.  Yet it was no match for the Dryad, whose body braced itself by pure luck as they were almost yanked backwards onto the floor, barely doing equilibrium on the rectangular wooden box on which they decided to sit. Next to them, a hooked fish flopped on the stone, to which Syrinx quickly picked up with both hands, releasing the sharp tool from her prey.

Riverforte. A fitting name for a romantic town full of boats, fish, and fish. The sight of such intricate tool known as 'Fishing rod' caught her attention from the first moment she placed an eye on it. The explanations of the locals were, more or less, nothing she could agree to that much. Amusement caught up with her mind. Do humans constantly act this way  against Nature? Or is it nature's wishes that humans use said tools to fish things out of the waters? The question seemed to erupt more than once. It was a matter of fact that not all humans respected nature itself, some even harming it beyond repair, but such little examples proved to be far more diminutive in the larger scale of things.

Having lost herself with thoughts, Syrinx yelped and quickly realized the slippery animal still squirmed upon her hands, quickly sending it back to where it came: she had no need to hunt fish for food, there was plenty to be found upon the Spring Festival that so caught her ears, her nose betraying any instincts, lowering her guard as the scent of food carried her on like a man charmed by a vampire's spell. Her roaring stomach was a clear giveaway of what she needed.

"Lunch? Already? Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to have 'one' of these devilish apples." She pondered outloud, tapping her chin as her eyes glanced back to the streets, crowded by every race known to this side of the realm. Magenta eyes were focused, however, upon one specific stall, letting sparkles spring from her features, figuratively speaking, as the small lady hopped her way across many taller individuals. Perseverence and resolve coated the dryad head to toe as blue locks of hair waved with the flow of her pace towards...

"One caramel apple, please." She said, regal posture and excited yet tranquil tone merged into an eccentric mix as they stood on the tip of her toes and descended once again, letting two Vgs slide from each of her hand, dancing from finger to finger, and finding their destination on both index and thumb fingers, offering them to the man keeping the stall that now offered the delicious meal to her.

"Humans are so strange. Such a sweet ingredient, fusioned with an apple, and put on a stick." A reserved bite fit of an introvert filled her cheeks with a piece of apple, her lips curving onto a smile as she savoured the excessively delicious treat. "I like it." Hopefully, this wouldn't be harmful. One caramel apple a day may keep the physician away. Sad thing the festival wouldn't last for the rest of her life.

Her eyes caught on something else soon enough though. An individual that, unlike those she could see, was remarkably beautiful. A tall lady, towering above her, bearing grace and serenity from her expression to her attire. Most eyecatching of all: a flower upon her hairs, so different to the one that eternally rested on her horn, but still catchy enough to the sight. A squint pressed on the dryad just then, for there was something about this woman that was so out of place to what energy she resonated with, uncharacteristic almost: the obvious sight of eyes that stare intently, not at the apples, no. Neither at the beautiful sight that was offered: at two individuals.

Marching onwards, Syrinx braved on towards this peculiar lady with buns, stopping to her side, but keeping a certain amount of personal space for both. "You know, it's kind of rude to stare for so long at others. Atleast, the way you were doing it felt too unnerving. Here, want a bite?" The dryad offered, standing on the tip of her toes and raising the caramel apple up to Jen, bearing an amicable smile upon their lips.

[WC]: 734
[Tags]:  @Jen
Syrinx
Syrinx

VylderGold : 103

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigni Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:45 pm

❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] S4GnQfK
There was a hotspot in Riverforte, the change in temperature and humidity revealing so. It was spring, too, and the trees had finally grown back their pleasant, green leaves to sway them in the comfortable winds. It was around this time of the year that migrating birds returned to their old homes and build nests for their young. Blossoms fell from some of the big, cherry trees and danced in the wind, while other trees slowly grew leaves and flowers necessary to spread the pollen.

Vigni was drawn to the mainland after his slumber. It was time to make use of his physical manifestation and actually explore and interact with objects around him. Living fire was a cyclus; ignite, burn, grow, shrink, quench, rinse and repeat. With a body, however, Vigni was a little more than fire now, so he could probably meet someone and…

And…

Do something. He didn’t know. He didn’t think it through; he followed his instincts as he soared above the river full of splashing and flowing salmon, cods, trouts and other species. Vigni embodied a far smaller form than usual; instead of the 50 feet tall, gargantuan titan, the spirit had taken the form of about a foot-tall, flying baby version. The spirit of olde found it easier to maneuver around in this form, and it would come in handy once he floated above the buzzing streets holding their annual Spring Festival.

Many stalls and stores had been put up. The air was filled with aroma from many different dishes served, and people were numerous in their conquests for a good time. Watching them all from up in the air was thrilling on its own, but Vigni grew courageous enough to soar down to a meter above the street’s floor and see people eye its arrival with inquiry, shock, curiosity or indifference.

Some people were carrying long, wooden sticks with lines of some silky material in the ends. Vigni remembered those; in times past, some people would sacrifice them in the all-eating fires to gain some more duration on the heat. It didn’t seem to be the case anymore, though.

❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] XKLkmmf❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] Cg3rAPu

“*pfft* T-That looks like Vigni! Smells like him too!”
“H-Huh?”

A pair of young, childish voices full of awe reached Vigni as he turned around to spot the sources. The two kids from the boat… they were here too? Last time he met them was when they crashed their boat at the south-eastern shore of Ilyanor on accident. For being so young and, apparently, on their own, they sure went to places. For the time being, the black-haired boy among the two sniffed the air once more to reaffirm Vigni’s identity.

“Yippieeee! It’s not a mirage this time! I can’t believe we meet again, o Powerful Spirit- w-wait, where are you going?!” the boy greeted with bright, cheering energy shooting out of his mouth – to his surprise, Vigni had decided to escape them! It brought fumes leaking through the boy’s canines. “H-He’s running away again! Mira, let’s chase him!”

“Chase him?”

“Chase him!”

“*gasp* Chase him?!”

“Chase him!”

“Chase him!”

“Chase him!”

“Chase him!”

“Headstart!”

Without warning, Toki dashed forth only to realize that Vigni had already escaped their canine field of vision. Blast it, they were so close… but he must’ve been nearby. They would begin their search immediately, running about and dodging people in search of Vigni’s hiding spot.

Vigni, the Spirit of Fire, was in no rush and paid no mind to the kids’ little game. Instead, the little spirit floated into a random stall not filled with food, but with tomes! A lamp was hung up on one of the walls, revealing a dazzling, heating light that drew Vigni in… causing the spirit to float straight through a tall, angered, rebellious-looking Gaiyan’s food skewer – his very red, glass-like form properly over-cooking it to the point where charcoal cracked off of the fish skin.

For some reason, the entity in possession of that skewer was shouting at a cherry-haired, fancy-clothed woman next to him. After increasing the lamp flame a little to keep it from extinguishing too soon, Vigni turned around and glared at both of them, then at the exit outside where the two Half-Inus ran by in hot pursuit of wherever they thought Vigni was hiding…

Those poor kids. They had to work on their senses of smell.

WC: 730

@Daphne @Kiigan

Last edited by Vigni on Sun May 02, 2021 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vigni
Vigni

VylderGold : 50120

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:56 pm

Daphne

Daphne Rose Ravenwood

The Pinkette's face remained a picture of naive obliviousness, internally however she was relishing this exchange. It was so fun to get a rise out of people, especially emotional ones like the man in front of him. He had been pretty hilarious to mess with that night and she was sure that today would be no different. Right now she was thoroughly enjoying the look on his face as she pretended that she couldn't remember him, followed excellently by the way he blustered over his ways as he scolded her. She cocked her head, bringing her hand to her chin, feigning a thoughtful expression as though she was trying to remember something.

"Made you pay... My, I just can't seem to recall..." She would lower her book, placing it down back on its original stack before stepping forward, "Let's see, maybe if I take a closer look at your face," Reaching up, she would slap her hands against his cheeks firmly, pulling him toward her so that they were inches apart. With little care or delicacy, she would begin to explore his features with her fingers and thumbs, rubbing them abrasively against his skin as she checked him over in the most eccentric and unnecessary manner. Even going so far as to pinch his cheeks and stretch them outwards to peek at his teeth.

"You know what I just ... can't place that face of yours. Oh, your meat..." She remarked as suddenly something red flew over the angry boys skewer. Daphne glanced over at the curious creature, was that some kind of monster? It didn't look familiar. As she glanced back to the guy, she realised she was still holding onto the man's cheeks, she beamed at him innocently. Doing her best to hide her devilish amusement at the way she was quite obviously teasing him. "I don't think you can eat that sir, you might get a stomach ache."  She told him matter-of-factly, completely glossing over the fact that he was quite clearly furious with her.

WC:338 Daphne's TWC: 1243 Tag: @Kiigan

Daphne
Daphne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacha Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:33 am

‘She didn’t hate the nickname..? ! I-I-It could grow on her?!?!’ He thought to himself as he reached out and took hold of the apple. Without hesitation, Sacha had fished out a few coins for an apple. “Right Right!! Of course I gotcha Speedy E, I won’t eat your food. In fact, your next one's on me okay?!” Grinning broadly he could feel it like the sunrise. The walls were not broken, but the first one had been mounted with excellence. There was a sensation of comfort that Speedy E was introducing to Sacha. He wasn’t sure if it was her wide-eyed wonder at the world, or was it the energy she gave off just being her natural ambitious self. Perhaps it was neither that would be intriguing.

Keeping his eyes on the prize, Sach beelined it for the bench with agility. Evading people was something he was used to, sidestepping around intercepting people Sacha offered humble apologies. Once at the bench the backpack was quickly set down in between them both and her apple placed within the threads of the bag so that she could float and eat it. “Speedy E, what do you think the Captain is like?” Glancing over at the fae his teeth sunk into the delicious caramel sweetness. Sitting up straight he exhaled a content sigh as he chowed down. This was absolutely incredible! “I wonder what they are like, do you think they are kind?” Taking another large bite he hummed quietly so he could hear Elliose response.

Can he teach me to be brave?

@Elloise
Sacha
Sacha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:46 am

❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] HXiO28c

A voice interrupted Jen’s mindless stare. Pulling her gaze away from the conflict nearby, she looked around for the source, her brow furrowed. Blue eyes fell to where a Gaiyan, probably a dryad, stood next to her. She was quite a bit shorter, bearing periwinkle colored hair, a set of curled horns, and a friendly expression. The moon protectress gave a warm smile in return. An apple was in the stranger’s hand, extended towards Jen. The fruit was coated in an unfamiliar golden brown substance. It was probably something sweet. She’d heard that humans liked to make foods full of sugar.

“O-oh, I’m sorry,” Jen responded, placing a startled hand on her chest. “You’re right, it’s rude of me to stare like that.” She gave a quick curtsey before accepting the candied apple daintily. “I’d love to try that!” Taking a small bite, Jen chewed thoughtfully. Normally apples tasted sweet to her, but in comparison to the sugary coating, this one tasted almost tart.

“That’s quite tasty,” she concluded, handing the apple back to the smaller Gaiyan. “Thank you for sharing,” Jen added shyly. “My name is Jenevieve, it’s a pleasure to meet you!”

Post WC: 194 Thread WC: 721 Tagged: @Syrinx Music: Link

Jen
Jen

VylderGold : 5123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubrey Pomme Bouffónt Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:01 am

❀ Spring Festival ❀ [OPEN] Aubs

TAKE ME TO WONDERLAND----

"Take a break," said Rafferty Boswick, with an anomalous tenderness in his voice; and the young man he addressed so gingerly frowned back at him with all the stubborn wrath of a man-child, his pale blue eyes positively radiating intense disappointment and dismay for his unbought hats and apparels. His companion added this verbally in the hopes of offering a scintilla of positivity, “I’ll man the shop.”

After a few moments of mulling and brooding, the crimson-haired boy stood from his seat as the curtain closed on his will to tend to the embarrassingly empty stand. He strayed further from his beloved shop. He appeared unamused, and stiffly proud, and conflicted. The song of his dour mood dragged on, for he was pretty sure the musical band nearby sounded the strings of his broken heart. He could see it all now, being so broke that he had to move back in with his parents and deal with the shame of not being able to hold things down on his own.

And so much worse; having to deal with their constant public displays of affection; their incessant sweet talk— the sheer gall —  while he, their pride and joy, was there to witness their frolicking and mua-muaing. It was horrifying, enough to make a sane man go mad for all the wrong reasons.  The thought was so terrible that he mentally flatlined and the blues of his eyes faded in vibrancy.

A good majority of the crowd went in search of fun, trying everything edible, and chortling over the pleasant experience in the presence of friends and family. The entire festival was an outright success, just not the thickness of his bare wallet. The last bit of nearly-juvenile disgust he felt for the mental picture of his parents and his lack of result became painfully obvious until he shook his head and strengthened his resolve. The smell of caramel apples shot an unforgiving arrow to his silent simpering, and quite suddenly bass boosted the sound of his notable belly groans.

He was hungry.

As soon as he ordered his snack and snuffed out the extreme hunger that threatened to devour him seconds ago, Aubrey decided to promenade past the sunflower stand where he might have seen a fairy and a young boy conversing jovially. He couldn’t quite hear as to what, what they spoke of what with all the noise. The young man with fiery hair was starting to relax, the tension leaving his face like a soft, passing breeze. His eyes were vibrant with life again, and he could smile again. There was an air about the once-moody youth. He was about to let out a content sigh; that is -- until a small child sprinted forth and snapped him out of his reverie with a cry. Aubrey tried desperately to get out of the way, but instead of doing things gracefully, he tripped over himself like a newborn calf.

“Nom de dieu de merde--!” went the slew of curse words from his lips, most of his very naughty words censored heavily by the festive ambiance.

When he fell, eyes bulging out of his skull and mouth twisting in agony, Aubrey could have sworn he heard befitting music that would have most likely suited a martyr (the equivalent of this universe’s Lacrimosa) and momentary confusion overcame him as the nearby street performer released an influx of ivory-feathered birds his way. In his mind, everything was happening in slow-motion. Oh, this was going to hurt. This was going to hurt! Maybe break his nose or much more gravely...His face! Not his beautiful face!

In all the melodrama, he crashed into a screaming merchant and took down the small stand of valuable goods. Yes, he liked his face, but not enough that he would reach for a compact mirror to inspect it. He was more concerned with the person he had landed on, and potentially the fact that the world had literally turned upside down for him. “Oh, yes,” he mumbled, “the ‘you break it, you buy it’ policy. Might I interest you in a free hat and a dazzling outfit of your choice? If that isn’t enticing enough,” he continued, as if he didn’t have his legs dangling rather stupidly over his head, “how about spending a day at the circus with me? My absolute treat.”

Word Count; 725  TAG
made bycapt. meows
Aubrey Pomme Bouffónt
Aubrey Pomme Bouffónt

VylderGold : 50103

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrinx Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:06 am

Shooking off her head, Syrinx replied to the honest apologies with a quiet giggle and an understanding look upon her face.

"It's alright, d-don't apologize. I'm just a passerby afterall." The recoil on her words carried her own acknowledgement of their very actions. She was nagging at someone else while she herself stared deeply so, commiting the very sin she spoke about. It was almost contagious, a chain of stares. She stared at Jen, Jen stared at the duo, the pink haired woman stared at the wandering little spirit that the dryad completely missed.

Yet how could she not stare at? It was uncanny, but that was perhaps the beauty upon this stranger with buns. The moon seemed to be a theme redundant on her attire, and well fitting at that: Elegant, mannered, and soft-spoken. Carrying a certain grace that goes invisible to the mind, but felt by the heart. Syrinx was soon snapped out of her trance once the notorious sound of a bite, reserved rather than greedy, judging by the size of what was taken. She pulled a full smile as their apple passed the taste test, grasping it back like a child taking candy from their mother. "Apples are always tasty, no matter what people try to coat them with. Pies, juice, the apple itself. There is not a single recipe that isn't healthy and fulfilling." She concluded her excited speech about apples with a few assertive nods, her eyes glancing around and leaning a bit towards Jen, as if to conjure secrecy. "I don't trust green apples though. Even if it's one of the best colours out there, I feel like green apples are the alter-egos of red apples. Poisoned apples I call them. They taste terrible." With that, she pulled back, their glance almost putting the Gaiyan infront of her in a vow of silence about what was just spoken.

"I... Honestly never got this far before in a conversation with anyone that isn't a tree." Surprise painted her features, a nerveous, unconcious bite upon her apple overshadowed Jen's own. "Let me start over; My name is Syrinx. Syrinx of Hoptus Forest. The pleasure is mine, Lady Jenevieve, you may call me Syri if you like." Her nerveous start was progressively dulled the longer she spoke, her body from side to side, almost incapable of standing fully still at the moment.

Silence fell just then, and without skipping a heartbeat, Syrinx did what she knew best: try to break the ice further. "Where do you come from? I'm sorry, that sounds a bit rude to ask, but you don't... Feel. Feel like a human I mean. Maybe I'm simply imagining things. But you don't look like an evil sorcerer, so that puts you on my Book of Friends Made."

[WC] 464
[Total WC] 1198
[Tags]  @Jen
Syrinx
Syrinx

VylderGold : 103

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum