Season & Year
READ THIS FIRST!
While character concepts are encouraged to integrate into Vyldermire's lore, there are a few things to keep in mind when creating a character to keep lore consistent. While all of this is stated in the various information threads on-site, we've compiled the most important points to guide new character creations and to limit edits needed to be approved.
It is highly recommended that you get your character application done first before creating or designing magic/equipment.
- Those who are intending to be more focused on technology and/or weaponry need to familiarize themselves with Technology in Vyldermire before going forward. The rule of thumb is that basically all modern tech that we know today is confined to Rivengate and will not even function outside of that city. For example, there is no internet, tv, or radio on the mainland, and guns are limited to either flintlocks or matchlocks. There is, however, electricity and running water.
- The races are rather wary of each other on some level due to the war. There are many tensions in this world due to the past war, which will be affected by how characters interact with each other. The only two races that seem to trust each other are Anthros and Gaiyans. Anthros are still a young and upcoming race that most do not view seriously, but they are trying to change that.
- Characters with progressive views concerning the races are possible, but are not the majority and will face some challenges.
- Humans have the most political power in this world at this time.
- Gaiyans don't aspire to gain positions, so there aren't any Gaiyan nobles. Gaiyan hybrids can aspire to nobility, but they are held to the same difficult road all hybrids face.
- Hybrids between Eldritch and Gaiyan will always yield an Eldritch, and vampires can't be hybrids with/ procreate with Gaiyans at all.
- All Hybrid characters are looked down on as half-bloods and will be treated with at least mild contempt in most situations. As of yet, other than the canon family Draconis, hybrids are the lowest viewed people and will have quite the struggle ascending to any position of power.
- If you create an Otherworlder with a subspecies that does not fit in our current list please put 'N/A' in that section rather than the species that they are.
- Concerning Positions/ Nobility: To have a character start out in a position or be nobility, you must have accrued enough reputation, which is gained from quests. Unless your new character has been approved to be part of one of the existing noble families that have already been claimed and controlled by other members, you must reach the amount of Reputation needed on one of your accounts. Reputation can be transferred to alternate accounts or carried over for rerolls. Please do not mention nobles of any kind in your history unless you have staff permission.
Below you will find the template for your character application. It is highly advised when fiddling with the coding that you do NOT amend the coding between "<", ">" these parts with the exception of the image code in the header. You are free to change the template as you like as long as it doesn't break the site page or use another site's template, however, the sections within the template MUST be completed and written in the order presented. The recommended size for the header image is a width of 550px and a height of 140px. For those without access to a good photoeditor, here is a link to photopea which has similar features to Photoshop. You can find a guide on how to use this here.
Copy the coding below and post it in a New Topic in the WIP Applications subboard, once the application has been fully completed, submit it's link in the Character App. Submissions Thread.
<div align="Center"><div style="width:560px;height:auto;margin-top:0px;border-style: dotted;text-align:justify;background:transparent;padding:5px;">[center][font=georgia][size=24]INSERT CHARACTER NAME IN CAPS[/size][/font]<img src="https://i.imgur.com/enks1fL.jpg?1" *REPLACE IMAGE LINK WITH PREFFERED FC ART/ style="width:550px ;max-height:140px; float: center;margin-top:5px;margin-bottom:-5px;border:2px solid #62bfc4;">[/center]
<p style="background-color: #fff; color: #62bfc4; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 15px; padding: 10px; margin-bottom:-5px;text-align: left; ;">General</p>
[b]Race:[/b] See [url=https://www.vyldermire.com/t15-welcome-page]Welcome Page[/url]
[b]Sub-species:[/b] See [url=https://www.vyldermire.com/t42-sub-species-information#65]Sub-species information[/url]
[b]Gender / Sexuality: [/b]
[b]Alignment:[/b] Adventurers Guild or Rogue, See Welcome Page for more information.
<p style="background-color: #fff; color: #62bfc4; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 15px; padding: 10px; margin-bottom:-5px;text-align: left; ;">Persona</p>
[b]Personality:[/b] (200 words on your character's personality? What are they like? What are their key traits?)
[b]History:[/b] (100 words on your character's history, where did they come from, where did they grow up? How has their life moulded them. Note: Please do not mention nobility in your history unless you have staff permission.)
[b]Likes:[/b] (Please list 3)
[b]Dislikes:[/b] (Please list 3)
[b]Goal/Aspiration:[/b] What drives them?
[b]Key Fear/Adversary:[/b] What do they fear, alternately what works against them?
<p style="background-color: #fff; color: #62bfc4; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 15px; padding: 10px; margin-bottom:-5px;text-align: left; ;">Appearance</p>
[b]Body Type:[/b] i.e slim, burly etc
[b]Overall Appearance:[/b] (Please either input 100 words description on your character's appearance or put an image in a spoiler)
VylderGold : 686
Posts : 143
Join date : 2021-01-12
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum