Welcome to Vyldermire!
Vyldermire is an RPG forum based in an alternate universe, a world full of magic, monsters and so much more.


NAVIGATION





Word Counter
Map of Vyldermire
Season & Year
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Cbox

Official Discord
The Bet WKc5tYV
Latest topics
» Quest Turn In
by Nessa Cordelia Lux Today at 5:19 pm

» Birch and Rein
by Nessa Cordelia Lux Today at 5:09 pm

» Character App. Submissions Thread
by Nessa Cordelia Lux Today at 5:08 pm

» Face Claim List
by Nyz Today at 12:20 pm

» Invitations [Cassian]
by Cassian Today at 12:11 pm

Race Spectrum
HUMANS ███████████ 22
ELDRITCH ████████████ 23
GAIYANS ██████ 12
ANTHROS █████ 9
HYBRID ███ 5
OTHER ████ 8
TOTAL 79
Adminstrators
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Change Image on Hover in CSS
Donations

The Bet

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Bet Empty The Bet

Post by Iris Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:59 pm

If there was anything more consistent about Kanna than her determination to do her best, it was her quest for cleanliness. One of the commons rooms at Golden Titan headquarters had been left in all kinds of disarray, and the demonatta simply could not stand for it. As soon as she and Rowan had darkened the door at roughly the same time, her gasp should have sent him running if he didn't want to be roped into work. As she'd pinned back her periwinkle locks back from her face and turned to him, a glint in her otherwise gentle eyes of pale red. "I bet you can't clean your half of the room faster than I can," she challenged. Iris, as her mother had called her, wasn't one to be competitive, but she was aware of at least some of the more obvious of her Captain's traits. And while it might be weird for the leader of a faction to get down and dirty with the day to day tasks, she wasn't particularly a respecter of persons in that way. She felt everyone should pull their weight to have things working smoothly and in order, from King to street urchin. She hoped her gamble worked. And it did.

And he lost. Of course, he did. No one cleaned like Kanna Odindale.

The penalty was going out with her to Viridia Overlook. She had a couple of quests to gather materials off of some monsters, but she was actually after a Cosmimo. One of the recruits had been talking about seeing one around the west end of the whimsical cliffs, and it sounded so cute. Kanna had never seen one. Maybe she could tame it? She wasn't a fan of going on her own, though. Traveling alone without knowing who killed her mother had lost a little of its sparkle. The world was colder and even more confusing than it already was. She and Rowan shared faction and the Guardian Knight positions, so he was the closest thing she had to a friend. They'd never really talked about it, but they were at least slightly comfortable in each other's presence.

"Oh, I hope we don't miss the carriage," fretted Kanna softly as she walked out of the southern gates of Engloria. She'd ordered a ride, but sometimes they got impatient and picked up other, more immediate customers. However, as she reached the meeting spot, she saw an empty horse and cart and sighed. "Oh good," she smiled, looking back to see if Rowan was keeping up just as she pulled herself into her seat for the trip.

[wc: 436]

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The Bet 63645_s


Iris
Iris

Administrator  
Rank : Initiate
VylderGold : 8376
Posts : 211
Join date : 2021-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Rowan Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:30 pm



Rowan

Today I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed
Rowan Michaelis




Rowan's feet would drag along the floor behind him, hands pushed into his jeans as he trekked along behind his fellow Guardian Knight. "Oi oi, slow down will you. The carriage won't leave without us." He drawled at her, following along at a pace much slower than the one the Eldritch woman was keeping. Why had he made that bet? Anyone that knew anything about Kanna knew that she was a whiz at cleaning, and sure he had given it a good shot. But cleaning was only really something he did when ordered to by a woman, whether it be Kanna or his mother. So of course she would have the upper hand, but it had been a good excuse not to do some tedious paperwork at that time. Only now it meant he was forced to travel with her to Viridia Outlook, accompanying the girl on her little quest to catch a Cossywotsit or whatever it was.

And surely enough the carriage was still there when they arrived, waiting for them, and too right really. What good travelling company would stand up two Guardian Knights of the realm as well as members of Golden Titan. There was some stick that came with such titles, and whilst Rowan wasn't one to brag, this alone he had come to accept. And occasionally take advantage of.

As he settled into the carriage, Rowan examined the seat for a moment, before finding the most comfortable way to stretch across the seats. Could he nap here? He would wonder as the carriage set off. "Wake me when you've caught the thing..." He told her. Even though the likelihood of him getting away without doing any work today was very slim.



WC: 286 WC: 722
 Tag: @Iris

Rowan
Rowan

Rank : Apprentice
VylderGold : 8208
Posts : 36
Join date : 2021-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Iris Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:36 pm

A small frown tugged at her lips as she stared at him, lounged across the seats and ready to sleep. What had she expected? Rowan wasn't one to shirk his duties and always got the job done, but everyone knew that this was ultimately his approach to anything that wasn't a requirement. She'd been selfish to goad him into such a bet and then expect anything more than this. Angling her eyes downward, Kanna picked at the hem of her sleeve.

Work kept her busy. And even if it wasn't official work, Kanna always found something to do. Many called her a workaholic, and whether it was self-inflicted or necessary, it didn't leave much time for friends. She'd never been a girl with many friends. Watching her mother work closely had taken up much of her time even when she was still in school. She'd had acquaintances, but none that kept in touch. It was definitely nobody else's fault but hers. She'd crafted a world for herself consumed with being able to take up her mother's mantle one day and do just as good if not better, which had made the woman her one and only friend. Now that she was gone, and much too early, Kanna Sr.'s 'Iris of Hope' was... drowning.

Not wanting to ride in silence, but also not knowing how to ask the man she'd dragged along for conversation, the young woman pulled a thin book from her bag full of cross-word puzzles. She'd been working on it for an embarrassingly long time since she didn't have much downtime if any, so now seemed as good a time as any to ask him if he knew the answer. "What's an 8 letter word for 'One charging a flat rate?', Captain?" she asked suddenly, once the carriage was already on its way out of the big city and into the sprawling lands of green beyond.

[wc: 318 || total: 1040]

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The Bet 63645_s


Iris
Iris

Administrator  
Rank : Initiate
VylderGold : 8376
Posts : 211
Join date : 2021-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Rowan Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:25 am



Rowan

Today I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed
Rowan Michaelis




Rowan rolled his head back, eyes closing as he attempted to get some rest. A good nap to kill the time, it seemed that Kanna had decided to let him be. He remained them for a bit, half drifting but not really, the carriage was too bumpy to actually drift off into a deep sleep. But it was okay enough, he liked the quiet, allowing his mind to wander into various aspects of life. Pondering how this little excursion was going to cut into his time back at the Faction hall, no doubt the workload he had left would still be there when they returned. Maybe he could pawn some of it off to the less performing members, a means to make sure they were pulling their weight as well as alleviate some of his own workload.  He knew he couldn't dump it on Kanna, as much as he knew she would get it done quickly and efficiently, she did more than her fair share. And Rowan didn't feel right being a Captain who took advantage of that.

But the lazier one's however...

The quiet that he had been so enjoying, was abruptly disturbed by the voice of his work companion. He didn't react at first, taking a moment to wonder why she was asking that. After a moment, he would open one eye, peeking over at her. His mercury iris would drop down slightly, taking in the sight of the book in her grip. Realising what it was she was doing, he would close his eye again, "No idea, sleeping." He grumbled, shifting in his seat, trying to relax again. He would only have so much more time to enjoy some quiet before they reached their destination, and he wanted to make the most of it.



WC: 972 Total WC: 1337
 Tag: @Iris

Rowan
Rowan

Rank : Apprentice
VylderGold : 8208
Posts : 36
Join date : 2021-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Iris Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:03 am

Iris stared at him for a second, registering what he said before her face fell a little and she dropped her eyes. "Oh, okay... sorry," she said quietly, leaving the empty squares once more unanswered. She really couldn't find the answer, since it was one of the more play-on-words types and she usually wasn't good with those. She silently stared at the puzzle for a few more moments before solemnly setting it on top of her bag, fiddling with her hands for a few seconds, then casting her sad eyes out the carriage's window. Iris felt she'd bothered him more than she'd intended, which felt especially bad since it'd been for a selfish reason like loneliness.

Everything felt so empty and strange with her mother gone. Empty, but heavy. She pulled the inside of her bottom lip between her teeth and kneaded it while her mind wandered. Even as a child, Iris had a tendency to overthink. Her mind raced, fretting over the bet and this trip, over her selfishness and loneliness. Over missing her mother. Maybe this was a bad idea. Trying to find a cosmimo wasn't worth this. Maybe she should just tell the driver to turn around and cancel it. But then again, what if that made her seem flighty and dramatic?

Oh, she didn't know what to do now.

[wc: 223 || total: 1560]

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The Bet 63645_s


Iris
Iris

Administrator  
Rank : Initiate
VylderGold : 8376
Posts : 211
Join date : 2021-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Rowan Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:54 am



Rowan

Today I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed
Rowan Michaelis




Rowan remained there for a moment, eyes still closed. He may have wanted to nap but that didn't mean he was oblivious to her. The tone in her voice, and harsh silence that followed. The inkling of guilt trickled into swiftly, until finally he caved. With a soft sigh he would sit up suddenly, eyes open he leaned forward, reaching out he snatched at the puzzle. "Lemme see," He mumbled taking a look at the page, his steel-blue eyes screening the questions to see what he knew. "Twelve is regurgitate, seven is deferral, and fifteen is Galeophobia. My cousin has that." He said before passing the crossword back to her, then with his elbow, he would bang against the carriage wall. "Oi driver, what's an eight letter word for 'One charging a flat rate'?"

It wasn't long after this that the carriage would come to a stop, indicating that they were on the outskirts of Viridia Outlook. Getting up, Rowan would exit the carriage, stepping out into the cool air, they had left early enough that the sun was still looming above them, but the trek had by no means been short, depending on how long this took, they might have to make camp here. Not ideal in such exposed lands, but if they took turns sleeping it would be so bad. At least with such a flat landscape, keeping a look out would be easy. Just bothersome...

Hopefully she would catch the thing sooner rather than later.


WC: 248 Total WC: 1,808
 Tag: @Iris

Rowan
Rowan

Rank : Apprentice
VylderGold : 8208
Posts : 36
Join date : 2021-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Iris Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:25 pm

Iris side-eyed him worriedly as he sighed and sat up, but the worry turned to interest as he snatched the puzzle off of her bag. She might not have gotten the answer she sought, but the ones he gave would do! Frankly, his involvement brightened her mood considerably. As he handed it back, she hurriedly wrote in the words he'd said, though she did wonder what Galeophobia was. "Thank you. This helps a lot," she smiled at him, eyeballing the elusive one he'd asked the driver. With the answers he gave, it filled in some of the letters of the one that stumped her. That would make it easier, but it was still just out of her reach by the time she was slipping it into her bag and exiting the carriage.

Viridia Outlook was a sight to behold. It looked whimsical and deceptively safe with its grassy paths extending out into the clouds. It was high enough that a fall off the earthen tendrils would send you to a watery death below, but you'd never know it until it was too late. At least you'd have to be in a lot of trouble to fall off the edges since each of the paths were plenty wide for moving around and fighting creatures. Iris had no intentions of venturing over the sides and into the dangerous caves below today. No, her eyes were already on the sky, eagerly looking for what she'd heard was a small, pink dragon-like creature. "It always feels so exciting out here," she said, brimming with energy that seemed both calm and electrifying at the same time. This was about as outwardly excited as the usually mild Iris got.

"Keep your eye out for a really cute pink creature that can fly. That's a cosmimo," she said, unintentionally whispering as if being quiet would allow them to sneak up on one. "I have a couple boiled potatoes in my bag to feed it..."

[wc: 327 || total: 2135]

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The Bet 63645_s


Iris
Iris

Administrator  
Rank : Initiate
VylderGold : 8376
Posts : 211
Join date : 2021-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Admin Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:25 pm

The member 'Iris' has done the following action : Dices Roll


'Monster Spawner' :
The Bet KhDMmfA The Bet FKbkrzH The Bet KhDMmfA The Bet 4ZKGHO0 The Bet KhDMmfA
Admin
Admin
Admin

Administrator  
VylderGold : 446
Posts : 135
Join date : 2021-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Rowan Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:00 pm



Rowan

Today I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed
Rowan Michaelis




He wouldn't admit it, but it relieved him to see her mood lift after his aid. It was annoying that he couldn't enjoy the quiet, but upsetting her would have been more annoying. What if she cried? Now that would have been bad. Rowan wasn't emotionally equipped to deal with a crying woman.

After arriving at Viridia Outlook and exiting the carriage, Rowan would casually begin to wander the grassy plains alongside Kanna, keeping an eye at as she requested for the 'really cute pink creature that can fly'. He scoffed, how was he to determine what was cute or not? Cute was not a term he really used to describe anything. They would trek for a while before the first monster appeared, it bounced toward them. A round glob of jelly-like substance, two of its peers bouncing behind it. Was this cute? It wasn't what he'd call ugly, but it wasn't especially pretty either. It was just kind of ... plain looking. But it didn't fly so it couldn't be the Cossywotsit.

Reaching for his belt, Rowan would unclasp his Flintlock, taking a moment to load the weapon with the lead bullets from the pouch on his belt. He hadn't used his flintlock in a whilst, so at least he would get to practice his aim a bit, that he appreciated. Maybe if he treated this little excursion as target practice, he might even enjoy himself. He would lift the weapon, aiming it toward the closest slime, holding it steady as he made sure that the shot was good. Then with a firm squeeze of the trigger, a booming shot would ring out, and seconds later the slime in the front would reel. A huge chunk was torn into its side from the force of the bullet, it had dealt some significant damage but wasn't enough to kill it. He would quickly reload, firing another shot, quickly followed by a third. It was on the third shot that the slime would explode into a puddle.

"Huh," He commented, as he reloaded the gun again, taking aim at another slime.



WC: 248 Total WC: 1,808
 Tag: @Iris

Rowan's Stats.:

Flintlock Base DMG : 5
SP Boost to Strength : +6 (120%)
Flintlock DMG: 11
Slime HP: 30HP

Rowan
Rowan

Rank : Apprentice
VylderGold : 8208
Posts : 36
Join date : 2021-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Iris Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:49 pm

Iris was thankfully a fairly patient person, usually. As they wandered, she was a little disappointed they hadn’t spotted one already, but she was also aware that these creatures were rare and that it’d likely take a lot of time to even get a glimpse of one. The beautiful scenery was almost worth the trip on its own. It’d been a little while since she’d been out of the city. Other than for Faction or Guardian Knight duties, she’d just been slaving away at paperwork or cleaning to keep her mind busy. Grief was a funny thing that everyone experienced differently, but in a way, she was trying not to experience it at all. Even now, as she meandered with a slightly dreamy look on her face, just gazing around, it felt like her life was back to the normal she so wanted. Like she’d turn to the side and see her mother walking there instead of Rowan. Or that the woman was waiting for her to return, anxiously awaiting a close look at a tamed Cosmimo.

“Ah!” The sound of a small explosion next to her almost had her jumping out of her skin. Rocketing her wandering mind back into her skull, she whirled with slightly widened eyes to look at him, then to what he was shooting at once it registered that there were monsters. Slimes! Her brows creased with a smidge of anxiety. These things were kinda gross, with all the slimy residue and stickiness. One time she’d been touched by one, and the sting was quite annoying. She’d keep her distance like he was. It was a good thing she brought her mother’s bow with her.

By the time she pulled it off her back and put the butt of an arrow to the string, Rowan had made short work of the first slime. As he took aim at the second, Iris decided to take out the third. As the string drew back, the tip of the arrow began to glow and icy blue. When she released it, it sailed true and thudded into the slime, freezing a large hunk of it with a blast of blizzard’s snow and ice. Those parts of the slime fell away, leaving a nearly dead chunk rolling toward her. Pulling another arrow from her quiver, she loaded it and sent just a normal arrow at what remained, and it exploded into a small puddle much like the first slime had. She made a mental note to add this slime’s life to her void scale ritual for the night, as she did with all lives she took.

Loading one more arrow, she paused in firing it to see if Rowan even needed any help with the slime he’d been aiming at earlier. “I didn’t realize there were slimes out here,” she commented quietly, also surveying for more threats. Right. This wasn’t a place to get lost in thought. It wasn’t only Cosmimo that lived out here.

[wc: 495 || total: 2980]

Iris’s Stats:

Kanna’s Bow MP: 150 - 10 = 140
Kanna’s Bow Blizzard Bolt DMG: 20
SP boost to Magical Strength: +2(40%)
Blizzard Bolt DMG: 28
Slime HP: 30HP - 28 = 2

Kanna’s Bow Base DMG: 5
SP boost to Strength: +2 (40%)
Bow DMG: 7
Slime HP: 2 - 7 = Slime Dead.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The Bet 63645_s


Iris
Iris

Administrator  
Rank : Initiate
VylderGold : 8376
Posts : 211
Join date : 2021-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Rowan Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:00 pm



Rowan

Today I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed
Rowan Michaelis




Rowan watched briefly as his companion took out the second slime with her bow. She was a good shot, that he could acknowledge. He didn't really know much about her, he knew that she had taken her mother's place in the Guardian Knights. He knew that she, like him, wanted to strive for peace amongst their kind and the other races of Vyldermire. He knew that she was crazy good at cleaning, and ridiculously organised to. She wasn't especially brash or aggressive, especially for a demon, although she did have a temper on her when you really pushed her buttons. They were comrades and yet there was still a great amount of distance between the two of them.

What did he know about her... what did he know about any of the Guardian Knights. Or even the Golden Titans for that matter, he was their Captain wasn't he? Should he be trying more to get to know them?

He raised his weapon once more, following the same process as he had before. Firing a shot, reloading, firing another, reloading. Until the third shot slammed into the last slime, tearing it apart and leaving behind its jelly-like dregs and puddles. And that was it, the slimes were gone, quiet stretched across the area once more. Rowan scanned the area, before turning towards Iris. "If we want to find your Cossywotsit, we should probably head further out toward the edges of the cliffs. Rarer stuff is bound to spawn more the further we are from people." He remarked, as he checked over and reloaded his gun. The further out they went, the more dangerous it was bound to be.



WC: 277 Total WC: 3,257
 Tag: @Iris

Rowan's Stats.:

Flintlock Base DMG :  5
SP Boost to Strength : +6 (120%)
Flintlock DMG: 11
Slime HP: 30HP

Rowan
Rowan

Rank : Apprentice
VylderGold : 8208
Posts : 36
Join date : 2021-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Iris Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:46 pm

"Cossywotsit," Iris repeated quietly, though she had to turn her head to stifle the small giggle that nearly escaped her. She didn't know him very well, but when he said something like that, he just seemed like an old man trapped in a young man's body. It was cute in a weird way. Cute didn't seem like it should apply to the distant leader of the Golden Titans, but in this case, she'd allow her mind to think it before making a note not to do it again.

Nodding her head, Iris turned and headed for the magical paths of land stretching out into the sky. "You're right," she agreed, thinking over what she knew about a Cosmimo's anatomy. They were definitely fliers, so it made sense that they'd live more out into the open air for more room. "I'm sure something like this already exists, but I think I'm going to start keeping a journal of monsters and area notes from these types of travels. Wouldn't that be helpful?" she asked as they walked, though she didn't yet pull out her notebook. Other than slimes, which were fairly common, nothing of note was worth spending the time other than a decent drawing of the area. Iris wasn't half bad at sketching.

Her steps paused as she heard a distant...was that a howl? Her eyes, which had turned more orange in her startlement, scanned for the source of the noise. "I don't think that was a Cossymotsit," she said, accidentally using Rowan's term instead of its proper name. She was momentarily embarrassed enough to flush but moved on quickly as another howl came, but closer. "No one mentioned any wolves out here..." she commented, her hands turning a pale blue and emitting frost. It was only safe to assume whatever it was would be meeting them one way or another, since she wasn't yet ready to give up on her dragon pal.

[wc: 322 || total: 3579]

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The Bet 63645_s


Iris
Iris

Administrator  
Rank : Initiate
VylderGold : 8376
Posts : 211
Join date : 2021-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Rowan Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:33 pm



Rowan

Today I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed
Rowan Michaelis




They would continue their journey toward the edge of the cliff, he had ventured out here perhaps once or twice before in his lifetime. Once as a child, a rebellious act of a disgruntled pre-pubescent lad. The other time he was older, after joining Golden Titans and doing some work for the faction. But this was perhaps the furthest he would venture toward the cliff's edge all to find a cute pet for a girl who out-cleaned him. She would talk about keeping a journal about the monsters they encountered, he considered telling her that there were probably travel guides that told you that sort of thing already. But considering her reaction when he had refused her aid with the puzzle, he thought better of it. It would be tiresome to upset her, especially seeing as her mood seemed to have lifted.

He would stiffen when he heard the howl, fingers tightening around his weapons handle once more. "Yeah, big doubt." He remarked, using a phrase a friend of his of the Otherworld kind would often use. "Ready yourself, if this is stronger than those slimes we'll have to take it on together. Try not to hit me though 'kay?" It was an attempt at a joke, although coming from him it still sounded semi-serious - a consequence of his flat tone.

He would listen carefully, body completely still as he tried to figure out which direction it was moving from. There was a second howl, followed by a comment from Iris. "In this world, nothing's off the table." He would turn and look around in the direction of where the second howl had come from. Turning he would raise his gun, staring into the distance. His form strong as he looked ahead, waiting there. Until suddenly, there it was, the flicker of movement in the distance. Something moving toward them, the speed of its movement indicative of its aggressive intentions. He waited still, allowing the beast to decrease the range between them, "Wait for it..." He muttered quietly at Iris, indicating for her not to attack it yet else risk it moving in a different direction and increase the possibility that he would miss. He was a great shot, but even at this range he needed to focus. The closer it came, the more you could hear it, the distance padding of its paws pounding the earth. The white  of its fur more clearly contrasting against the grassy plains now. "Almost..."

Her breathing was soft and steady, he could feel the ache spreading through his arms from holding his stance for so long. Still he ignored it because this creature was not like the slimes. This was a Lupirit. Not the worst thing they could have found out here, but still tougher that all the slimes they had just killed put together.

BOOM.

The loud rumble of his gunfire would ring out, and a yelp could be heard in the distance. But as Rowan expected, this was not enough to stop the thing. "NOW!"



WC: 505 Total WC: 4,084
 Tag: @Iris

Rowan's Stats.:

Flintlock Base DMG :  5
SP Boost to Strength : +6 (120%)
Flintlock DMG: 11
Lupirit HP: 150HP - 11 DMG =139HP left

Rowan
Rowan

Rank : Apprentice
VylderGold : 8208
Posts : 36
Join date : 2021-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Iris Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:43 am

His joke fell flat on her, and while he was busy strategizing and focusing on the coming threat, she just gaped at him from behind in dismayed surprise. What he must think of her! Had she done something to make him doubt her abilities? She worried over it way more than she should have. Did the other Guardian Knights and Golden Titan share this concern? "Don't worry, I'm actually very skilled, Commander! I would never friendly fire!" she said earnestly, hoping to convince him while she held her position to his back left, waiting for his order to commence attack. "My mother trained me every day--"

His gunfire caused her to flinch again, even though she knew it was coming. The subsequent yelp from the creature hurt her soft heart, but she knew it was unavoidable. Apparently, it was also her turn, and now that the beast was injured it was a little slower. She might be skilled, but it was moving so quickly before now that she worried she wouldn't be able to hit it. Stepping around him, she let another one of her Blizzard Bolts fly after just a moment of tracking its movement. It sailed true and thunked into the trunk of the ghostly wolf and blasted it with ice and snow. It howled in pain, which made Iris wince. "Sorry," she muttered under her breath, moving out of Rowan's way so he could attack while she reached for an arrow from her quiver. Hopefully, she could prove herself to him on this trip!

[wc: 257 || total: 4341]

Iris's Stats:

100 HP

Kanna’s Bow MP: 140 - 10 = 130
Kanna’s Bow Blizzard Bolt DMG: 20
SP boost to Magical Strength: +3(60%)
Blizzard Bolt DMG: 32
Lupirit HP: 139HP - 32 = 107

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The Bet 63645_s


Iris
Iris

Administrator  
Rank : Initiate
VylderGold : 8376
Posts : 211
Join date : 2021-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Rowan Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:25 pm




Rowan

Today I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed
Rowan Michaelis




Rowan didn't pick up on the fact that his joke hadn't been taken as a joke, mainly because Iris was behind him and the fact that he had his eyes focused on his target in hawk0like fashion. Had he known, he would've reassured her that he was joking, to ease her of any negative thought. But alas, he remain oblivious.

After his short made contact, he would observe as Iris unleashed another bow, which flew through the air and quickly lodged itself in the creature. "Good shot." He commented, as he loaded his gun again. Despite it's wounds, it seemed that creature had not given up on its hunt, still moving forward, the distance between them significantly closed. Rowan took aim, the target would be easier this time. As such the wait between him taking aim would be less. With another boom, the bullet would follow the path of its predecessor and lodged itself a few inches to the left of where the arrow had hit the beast. "Again." He instructed her, watching the creature. The wounds it had at present were not enough to stop it, as such they would have no choice. After allowing Iris a chance to attack, Rowan would begin to move forward.

"It'll be on us in a moment, we're both using long range attacks so one of us will need some distance." He told her, then without further explanation, he broke into a run. Moving toward the wolf-like beast, he would quicken the closing of the gap between himself and the beast. Until the Lupirit, snarling ferociously, would leap into the air, fangs bared. Rowan flipped the gun in his grip, smashing the firm hilt of his weapon across the creature's skull before ducking out of its path. The beast would land, shaking its head before turning to him, leaping again it would land on him, forcing him to the ground. It's snapping maw above him, he would shove the length of his gun into it's mouth. Reaching up and pulling it's head forward to hold it, preventing it from biting him. Hissing in pain as the spectral whips of its long tail caught him, filling him with an intense wave of nausea.

But this was fine, because at the very least, the wolf was facing away from Iris.



WC: 385 Total WC: 4,726
 Tag: @Iris

Rowan's Stats.:

Flintlock Base DMG :  5
SP Boost to Strength : +6 (120%)
Flintlock DMG: 11
Melee DMG = 4
Lupirit HP: 107 HP - 11HP - 4HP = 92HP

Rowan
Rowan

Rank : Apprentice
VylderGold : 8208
Posts : 36
Join date : 2021-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Iris Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:32 am

Rowan loaded his gun and shot it again, quicker this time. She idly wondered if she'd ever get used to the sound of firearms. They were so loud and explosive. Iris could probably safely say she wasn't a fan of them, but they were becoming more common these days. Her mind wouldn't have too much time to wander, as his voice was directed her way once more. He commanded her to hit it again, which she immediately obeyed. Pulling another bolt from her quiver and notching it in the strong, she pulled it back and aimed. Another frost-embued arrow sailed and sunk into its other side as the beast tried to dodge. The yelps of the stubborn creature made her cringe. Iris would fight when she had to and was quite good at it, but that didn't mean she enjoyed it in the least.

The Lupirit, despite its grievous injuries, seemed intent on ending its life trying to take them with it. It lost speed but still raced toward them. It was true, it would be within biting range soon. They would have to fight it up close, which her faction mate noted just before... he ran at the beast?! "Captain!" she gasped, baffled by his actions. As the leader of the factions, he really should have sent her in close instead! What if he was injured?

Within seconds the two were locked in close combat, with Captain Michaelis pistol-whipping it and ultimately being pinned down. He had its mouth occupied, but this was a very narrow opening.

His misunderstood joke, despite his later praise, still lingered in her brain as he wrestled with the creature. She hadn't doubted her aim until now, so now she worried she'd miss and hit him. It was too much of a chance to take.

Running forward, she held her hands out as if she were gripping a hilt. A blade of sharp ice appeared over her hands, gleaming and clear in the sunlight. If she was close range as well, she'd definitely be sure that the Lupirit was the one who took damage and not her captain. As she dashed within range, she all but tackled the beast off of him as she stabbed her glacial blade into the beast's side, where it pierced the white fur and released a substantial amount of blood. Her momentum took the beast with her and they both sailed over Rowan to the soundtrack of shattering ice.

By the time they both stopped moving, Iris had the beast pinned...by the head clamped onto her arm. Though it hurt and she felt like she was about to throw up, she used the arm it had bitten as a gag of sorts. With the beast's mouth full and its head and body firmly pushed into the ground, her free hand twisted into the scruff of its neck and made sure it couldn't get loose. She called for her fellow adventurer. "It's almost dead!" came her voice, tense with pain but clear. Up close she could see the desperation and exhaustion in its face. The damage was extensive and soon its life would fade. It'd be merciful to end it quickly.

[wc: 531 || total: 5257]

Iris's Stats:

100 HP - 25 = 75
100 MP - 5 = 95

Kanna’s Bow MP: 130 - 10 = 120
Kanna’s Bow Blizzard Bolt DMG: 20
SP boost to Magical Strength: +3(60%)
Blizzard Bolt DMG: 32

Glacier Blade DMG: 10HP
SP boost to Magical Strength: +3(60%)
Total Spell DMG: 16

Lupirit HP: 92HP - 32 -16 = 44

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The Bet 63645_s


Iris
Iris

Administrator  
Rank : Initiate
VylderGold : 8376
Posts : 211
Join date : 2021-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Rowan Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:01 pm



Rowan

Today I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed
Rowan Michaelis




The nausea was worse than Rowan expected him to be, his vision was blurring over, and he felt the intense urge to be sick. But he couldn't exactly do that right now, not with this wolf thing trying to chomp down on his face like a mid-afternoon snack. He gritted his teeth, pushing the gun into the mouth of the beast, Jacky's gun was gonna need some repair work after this but he could hardly think about that right now. Was it just him or was this wolf growing bigger? No, it couldn't be, it had to be an effect of being hit with the ghost-like tail. Still knowing that didn't change the vision he was experiencing, where the wolfs head was suddenly four times larger than it had been before. This wasn't good, it's claws had done a number of him, this thing was tough, one more hit and he might be out for the count which would just leave this thing and Iris.

Then as quickly as the beast had tackled him, it was suddenly gone. Pulling off of him by the demonette, and pinned. He rolled onto his front, coughing a few times. He raised his head to look at her, she had it pinned and had done a decent amount of damage to it. He pushed himself up, pushing through nausea, he reached for his pocket and pulling out and another shell.  He loaded the weapon, thankfully the maw of the creature had crushed the barrel, then he really would have been screwed. With the gun loaded he took aim and fired a bullet onto the creatures exposed body. The creature's body bucked under the blow, but still in continued to thrash. With gritted teeth, Rowan crawled over to the pair, throwing the gun to the side. He would reach forward with one hand, helping Iris to hold it down. And with his other, clenching his fist, he began to pummel the creature. Punching it, over and over, unrelenting. Again and again, his knuckles bleeding from the force of the blows he was dealing with the monster, releasing a strained grunt with each blow he dealt. Three, Four... The creature was weakening, he couldn't stop, if he stopped, they might very well be dead. Especially with their injuries. Six, Seven. It was weakening, it stopped thrashing.

It was the ninth blow that dead it, the creature's eyes would roll back and its body fell limp. Rowan kneeled their panting, before falling back, exhausted and pain. He lay back on the ground, eyes drawn to the sky, "You okay?" He asked breathily, laying there as the nausea slowly eased.




WC: 442 Total WC: 5699
 Tag: @Iris

Rowan's Stats.:

Rowan's HP: 100HP - 50DMG = 50HP
Flintlock Base DMG :  5
SP Boost to Strength : +6 (120%)
Flintlock DMG: 11
Melee DMG = 4
Lupirit HP: 44HP  - 11HP - 36HP = 0HP (Dead Wolfy) 

Rowan
Rowan

Rank : Apprentice
VylderGold : 8208
Posts : 36
Join date : 2021-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Iris Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:32 pm

Iris was never very fond of killing things, even though she'd had no choice many times, but there was something about this one that really got to her. Maybe it was the ghostly tail wisps plaguing her with flashes of visions of her deceased mother between Rowan's bevy of punches, or maybe even the violence itself against the creature writhing, yelping, and flinching under her grip, but Iris was struggling. Even as its life mercifully gave out, the visions made it so the creature turned its accusatory and baleful gaze on her, bleeding from the mouth and crying as if it possessed the same thoughts and emotions as people. Nausea and guilt crippled her, taking her back away from the limp creature. She knelt with her back to it, bent entirely forward so her forehead touched the cold grass beneath, her wounded arm cradled between her thighs and abdomen. If only they hadn't had to kill it. Her own pain seemed pale compared to what they'd done to the Lupirit.

After a moment of tense silence to quiet any urges to sob or gag, Iris pulled herself from her nearly fetal position and crawled over to Rowan, still careful to keep her back to the white-and-red carcass. "Yes," Iris answered in a neutral tone, though her eyes were flooded with tears that streamed down her face no matter how hard she tried to stop them. Her irises had turned from their neutral magenta-ish color to a deep, sad blue as she looked upon him, assessing his damage as she rustled through her bag for a first aid kit. Looming over him, probably dripping tears on him whether she meant to or not, the demonatta checked for any wounds she needed to disinfect and cleanse. "Where are you hurt, Commander?" she asked. She'd address her own gash to the forearm once she was confident that the man she'd made come along with her was going to be okay. It was really shaping up that she regretted this whole selfish expedition.

[wc: 339 || total: 6038]

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The Bet 63645_s


Iris
Iris

Administrator  
Rank : Initiate
VylderGold : 8376
Posts : 211
Join date : 2021-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Rowan Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:19 am



Rowan

Today I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed
Rowan Michaelis




He could barely focus his eyes as he lay on the plains, the nausea was fading but so slowly that it was hard to resist throwing up there and then. Instead, he took slow, steady breaths, attempted to compose himself, face contorted from the pain he was enduring from the wound. Iris, who had been curled up on the ground would answer him, confirming she was okay. He would hear her move toward him, the sound of rustling reaching his ears as she looked through her bag. She was good, that was good. They were alive. This was a win. A painful, and tiresome win. It wasn't pleasant but he wasn't completely surprised that things had turned out this way, even coming out to such a place. The Mirinah regions and the wildlife here could be completely unpredictable when it came to the wildlife you came across. It wasn't always going to be slimes, and at least now they could take away from this experience, granted that was as long as they weren't attacked by anything worse than the ghost wolf.

"It got my side..." He told him, arm moving slightly to expose the wound at his waist, blood-soaked fabric, underneath which tear marks in flesh remained from the wolves powerful claws. Turning his head to her, he was able to focus enough to realise what she was doing. He reached up suddenly, grabbing her wrist firmly. "Wait..." He said, winced at the pain from the sudden movement, "Treat yourself first." He told her firmly. Even in the state, he was in, he could not permit her to ignore her own injuries for his. He was too proud, allowing something like that just didn't sit right with him. It was just pain, he could endure it for a little while, at least until she was dealt with first. "I'll be fine honestly." He added, trying to add a little more reassurance to his tone this time.



WC: 326 Total WC: 6364
 Tag: @Iris

Rowan's Stats.:

Rowan's HP:  50HP
 

Rowan
Rowan

Rank : Apprentice
VylderGold : 8208
Posts : 36
Join date : 2021-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Iris Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:14 am

Iris's paused as he grabbed her wrist and essentially issued her an order. She didn't like it, and for just a moment, she considered ignoring it. The frown on her lips deepened in frustration, but she ultimately complied in her own way. "..Understood," she responded quietly as she leaned back away from him to hastily tend to herself. If she had taken care of her arm last, she'd have taken more time. As it was, she was in such a rush to get back to Rowan, she grabbed out a bottle of antiseptic and unceremoniously poured it over her wound, hissing as it foamed and cleansed the tears in her skin. Before it could stop it's fizzing, she pulled out some gauze and quickly wrapped her arm, using her teeth to rip it from the roll and a pair of metal bandage clips to keep it from unraveling.

"Done. Now let me see," she said, this time with firmness in her own tone. Iris had done as he asked, even if it was bare minimum, so she wasted no time gently pulling his shirt away from his wound to roll it up further on his body. Demonatta came in all shapes, sizes, and temperaments, but this one had a capacity for selflessness and nurturing that was rather rare, aside from her mother. Pulling out the tweezers, she pinched a cotton ball and soaked it in the antiseptic to begin dabbing carefully at it. "I'm sorry if this hurts," she said, her tone softer this time. She'd work carefully to wipe the blood away and clean the wound, then placed a large bandage over it and taped it to patch him up. Once finished, she leaned back again, still seeming rather down about it all. Her crying had stopped, but her eyes were still blue and a bit watery. "I'm sorry, Commander. We should head back," she said last, her head bowed in apology.

[wc: 323 || total: 6687]

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The Bet 63645_s


Iris
Iris

Administrator  
Rank : Initiate
VylderGold : 8376
Posts : 211
Join date : 2021-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Rowan Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:37 pm



Rowan

Today I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed
Rowan Michaelis




For a moment Rowan anticipated pushback, he knew that the order wasn't one that would be well received by any means but to him it made sense. He wasn't so injured that he couldn't wait a few moments whilst she treated herself, plus with Iris treated not only would she be in less pain but she would be better able to treat him. Once she had finished sorting herself out, Rowan would lift his arm up to give her clear access to his wound. Preparing himself for the sting of her medicine on his flesh, he took a slow steadying breath. When he felt the pain, he would clear his throat quietly, a means to cover up the pained grunt that attempted to escape him. His eyes drew themself to her, he could see the tears that she was now shedding, a rare sight for some surely - to witness the crying of a demon. "It's alright, you're doing a good job." He told her after, a meek attempt at making her feel better.

He could see why she might feel bad, not so emotionally oblivious that he wouldn't be able to grasp the woman's take on the situation. It had been at her request that they came to the plains and it had been coming to the plains that had caused them to get hurt. As she apologised he sighed, looking up at the sky, "No." He told her firmly, "You could be tanning on a beach in Avalon and still run into one of those things, you could be wandering through Tilbur Village and be tackled by a Buffalope or be chopping wood in Mackemm Village and be scooped up by a Forest Wyvern. You don't control the world around you, so don't take responsibility for it." He would look around the plains, considering the options, his gaze fell on a gaggle of large rocks and boulders a short distance away.

Tentatively, he would lift himself up, nodding his head toward the stones, "Let's go rest between those rocks, any monsters nearby will be less likely to spot us." He told her, carefully shifting his body onto his knees before standing up fully, trying hard not to aggravate his wound any more than he already was. Slowly he would make his way towards the stones, a short rest, then they could find her Cossywotsit and head to Lyndon Port for some respite.



WC: 404 Total WC: 7091
 Tag: @Iris


Rowan
Rowan

Rank : Apprentice
VylderGold : 8208
Posts : 36
Join date : 2021-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Iris Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:58 am

"I guess you're right," Iris agreed quietly, taking a little comfort in his words but still feeling quite guilty. Now that his bandaging was done, she wiped at her tear-streaked cheeks with her good arm. "You're wise, Commander," she told him as he began to move. Sometimes she didn't understand him and a lot of things he said went over her head, but she was able to recognize his kindness in this moment. She trusted that what he said was the truth, just a convenient one that would make her feel better about the fact that he was injured now.

The demonatta would hover at his side as he slowly rose to his feet and lingered close enough to help him should he need it but not so close that she was intruding on his personal space. Or at least, she didn't think she was. She was a bit closer than normal and very attentive, but she had to be in case he needed to lean on her. It wouldn't do for Commander Michaelis to fall or struggle. Iris would be there if he needed it.

Once they reached their rocky refuge, the bluette found she was more worn out than she'd noticed. If he needed help sitting she'd assist, but her arm was starting to ache and her shoulders drooped. Now that her adrenaline had waned, she'd never been so grateful to lean her back against a boulder and slip down to sit in her life. Shrugging out of her satchel's strap, she pushed it off to the side as if to make a pillow of it later. The Guardian Knight heaved out a sigh, trying to ease her tensions. "Do you need anything?" she asked the dark-haired man with her, not wanting to get too comfortable if there were other tasks for her to do.

[wc: 307 || total: 7398 || @Rowan]

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The Bet 63645_s


Iris
Iris

Administrator  
Rank : Initiate
VylderGold : 8376
Posts : 211
Join date : 2021-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Rowan Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:25 pm



Rowan

Today I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed
Rowan Michaelis




It wasn't that he didn't appreciate the compliment, he did, but Rowan never really knew what to say when someone offered him one. He didn't know if he was especially wise, but if she thought so then that was fine he supposed. He at the least, wanted her to have some faith in her Captain, as he wanted all of the Soldiers of the Golden Titans. He had to lead them after all, supporting them even if with words, was the least he could do.

As they reached the rocks, Rowan would move over to one of them, turning and leaning back against one. Following this he would slowly allow himself to slide down the rock, settling onto the ground. He would wince only momentarily before relaxing again, letting out a soft sigh of relief. He looked over to her, she too had found a rock to rest against it seemed. Looking around the space, it would at the very least cover them from any of the bigger monsters that might wander by and the wolves corpse still out there on the plains would draw the attention of anything especially carnivorous.

She asked him if she wanted anything and he pondered it for a moment, "Do you have anything to drink?" He asked, he didn't really need it. But he assumed this in her particularly stressed state, it might do the girl good to feel helpful. He also figured that taking her mind off the incident that had just occurred would at least help her calm down, after a moment of thought, he presented with the first question he could think of. "This... Cosmo thing, what exactly is required to get one?"


WC: 282 Total WC: 7680
 Tag: @Iris


Rowan
Rowan

Rank : Apprentice
VylderGold : 8208
Posts : 36
Join date : 2021-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Iris Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:36 pm

Iris's face brightened as Rowan's request accomplished its intended purpose beautifully. "Yes, I do," she responded with eager chipperness, reaching into and rustling around in her bag. However, when she pulled the requested item out of her bag, she paused and pursed her lips in embarrassment. Right, she'd packed juice boxes instead of bottles or canteens of water. That seemed like a huge error now, especially as she handed the small carton over to her commander. "Um...here! It's starfruit and strawberry," she told him with a small, sheepish smile. The image of him sipping a juice box was an... interesting thought. In any other scenario, it might have been a humorous thing to her. Either way, he had what he requested and she'd pulled one out for herself, carefully popping the straw through the hole in the top and sipping a drink.

What he did next surprised her a little. Given their usual interactions, and even more recently, his temperament on the ride here, she'd anticipated that the injured man would just bed down for a well-deserved nap in silence. Instead, he was asking a question, though it was one that made sense for anyone wanting to be prepared. "Oh, Cosmimos can hardly resist boiled potatoes. That's what I read, at least," she answered, pulling a satchel from her bag and opening it to reveal four of them. "If you can get close enough to offer one before they zoom away they're easy to tame."

[wc: 245 || total: 7925]

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The Bet 63645_s


Iris
Iris

Administrator  
Rank : Initiate
VylderGold : 8376
Posts : 211
Join date : 2021-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Bet Empty Re: The Bet

Post by Rowan Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:04 pm



Rowan

Today I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed
Rowan Michaelis




Rowan's eyes slid over to the juice carton, smirking slightly at the thought that in this tense situation they would be sipping on juice boxes designed for the fussy tastebuds of children. He took the drink regardless, taking several hearty sips before lowering the carton, even emitting a sigh that might be taken as one's thirst being relieved. Heck, it wasn't half bad.

As he presented her question, he listened intently, so it was food. He nodded, thinking for a moment, trying to think about how might be the quickest way to get one of these things. "You should get some out, not all of it just enough so that the smell might lure one to us. Put some on the floor and then maybe some more closer to you, like a trail." He suggested, honestly he didn't know if it worked, he'd never tried to tame a creature - hunt one sure. To lure prey to a trap, a trail of food leading it into a false sense of security had often been an effective method. If this creature had a good enough nose it would no doubt sniff out the food they had to offer.

Rowan lifted the carton again and with a hearty sip he finished off the last of it, placing the empty carton on the floor next to him. He leaned his head back, eying the sky above them quietly. The remnants of nausea caused by the wolf's attack had faded completely now, leaving him much more clearer headed. But he felt tired, would she mind if he took a nap? Or perhaps would he need to talk to her some more, to settle her nerves. He decided to wait to see if she said anything else, eyes trained on the sky to show that he hadn't fallen asleep just yet. It seemed so suddenly peaceful now, a bizarre contrast consideration to the chaos and violence that had occurred only a few moments ago.



WC: 329 Total WC: 8254
 Tag: @Iris







Rowan
Rowan

Rank : Apprentice
VylderGold : 8208
Posts : 36
Join date : 2021-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum